Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by Benmage »

[quote="Azhrei"
Benmage, what's made you seem so scared of being targeted?[/quote]

uhm fear of being lynched? desire to continue playing the game? desire to win the game?...who would want to be targeted?

I mean its not gonna be the end of the world.. I'll simply sign up for a new game and move on...

And well I was merely explaining myself in trying to illustrate mags misconception.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Azhrei »

You can still win the game if you're dead.

And usually, it's taken as a scum tell when someone panics about being targeted.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Benmage »

No way man, your a townie..you die..you lose
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Benmage (1): magisterrain

Not Voting: Charrat, insanepenguin02, T-Rex, Benmage, Azhrei, qwints

4 to lynch.
Last edited by Yaw on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Success breeds suspicion
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Actually, benmage was voted for by mag so he has one vote on him
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Yaw »

Fixed, thanks.
Success breeds suspicion
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 pm

I would LOVE to hear some thoughts from T-rex, charrat, and qwints

And mag, I am starting to get an odd feeling about you after I just went back and read from page 1 again. You were the first to jump on vamp and ben for their comments on day 1, leading to vamp's lynching on day one. You then were the first to jump on ben for his comments on day 2. It just seems like you are working very quickly to try and form bandwagons without tons of evidence. I guess I am just wanting some clarification if I could to get a better understanding of why you have acted so concretely and quickly.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by magisterrain »

well i made a mistake with vamp. and benmage acted too quickly for me to reevaluate my position, which, in turn, is why i started getting suspicious of him

like ive said before, im perfectly willing to take my vote off benmage as soon as i hear from ANYONE else in this game. at the moment, the game is just between us three so thats who my vote is on.

plus, i dont really know how the first person to vote someone can be said to start a bandwagon. i gave my reasons for voting vamp and the 2nd and 3rd and 4th votes are the ones that made it a wagon

by the way, who put vamp at L-1?
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:55 am

magisterrain wrote:well i made a mistake with vamp. and benmage
acted too quickly for me to reevaluate my position
, which, in turn, is why i started getting suspicious of him
Ben hasn't really "acted" quickly. He has made some stupid comments, as I have said also, but how is that too quickly to "reevaluate" your position? As you stated, it is almost like we are the only 3 playing so things aren't really going very quickly IMO. Therefore, I still don't see much reasoning behind casting a vote so early without much hard evidence.
magisterrain wrote:plus, i dont really know how the first person to vote someone can be said to start a bandwagon. i gave my reasons for voting vamp and the 2nd and 3rd and 4th votes are the ones that made it a wagon
Well it all starts somewhere. It may not be a bandwagon just yet but you never know how things will continue. You have been the one giving your reasons and voting first. If its not starting the bandwagoning, then it is damn close.
magisterrain wrote:by the way, who put vamp at L-1?
You may want to revisit post 99. Thanks!
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:41 am

Post by magisterrain »

ok, so in post 99 you give your reasons for having voted vamp. all i was saying is that your vote nevertheless put him at L-1.
i don't understand how you can accuse me of anything worse than what you did just because i placed the first vote on someone.
and benmage DID act quickly by hammering vamp right after that.
and then acting very suspicious afterward in trying to justify his vote.

seriously, theres no danger of benmage getting lynched right now. i have a vote on him because he has not sufficiently defended himself in my eyes. as soon as he does, i will reevaluate my vote.

MOD: can we have some of the other players here prodded?
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:04 am

magisterrain wrote:ok, so in post 99 you give your reasons for having voted vamp. all i was saying is that your vote nevertheless put him at L-1.
i don't understand how you can accuse me of anything worse than what you did just because i placed the first vote on someone.
and benmage DID act quickly by hammering vamp right after that.
and then acting very suspicious afterward in trying to justify his vote.

seriously, theres no danger of benmage getting lynched right now. i have a vote on him because he has not sufficiently defended himself in my eyes. as soon as he does, i will reevaluate my vote.

I completely understand the suspicion of benmage (though I guess I wouldn't have voted and haven't). But I want to make it known that I have some suspicion of you as well as it is pretty crazy that you have cast the first votes very quickly. Now, once more info gets out from others, it could very well get even more suspicious about the other votes on vamp, other votes that will result today, etc. Just voicing my opinions since there isn't much going on. :)
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Yaw »

magisterrain wrote:
You could, but since the game opened up yesterday there's nobody close to the 5-day limit for automatic prods. Is there someone specific (who is not on vacation/limited access) you'd like me to prod?
Success breeds suspicion
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 am

Post by magisterrain »

[/b]@mod
:
my bad, i forgot this game had been locked and i guess im just getting impatient

penguin, i think we are just pretty much at an impasse at the moment until more people return

while consistently voting first on people may indeed be scummy, thats inconclusive until we know who is scum or not.

i misread vamp.

i don't think i'm misreading benmage, but i am wary now that i could be.

Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Yaw »

My point wasn't that I'm unwilling to prod people. My point is that "prod some people" isn't particularly useful. If I'm going to prod someone by request, I need to know specifically whom.
Success breeds suspicion
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:56 am

Post by magisterrain »

gotcha. and whoops with the bold!
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:28 am

magisterrain wrote:
penguin, i think we are just pretty much at an impasse at the moment until more people return

while consistently voting first on people may indeed be scummy, thats inconclusive until we know who is scum or not.

i misread vamp.

i don't think i'm misreading benmage, but i am wary now that i could be.
Agree
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Charrat »

I think we might be building some mountains out of molehills with Benmage's actions. Perhaps he is an opportunistic mafia, perhaps he is a impulsive townie, I don't think anyone has presented any strong evidence to support either case. This statement by Benmage, however, is concerning to me...
Benmage wrote:Cont: I feared not voting would make me look suspicious, based on the fact that I had already been claimed in association with vamp. Even if it was a minor statement I felt that thats irrelevant. Had vamp been scum, said person would have nominated me next, and I feared an easy bandwagon following. (Lets not forget 4 other people had reason enough to vote for him as well before me) Thus my decision to drop the hammer, I felt not at all "scum-like" but rather obviously drawing a division between myself and vamp, and ending day one.
While it is a good thing for a townie player to try to prevent their own lynching, its probably always a bad thing for a townie to recklessly hammer another player just to help save their own necks. Short days are not likely going to be any help to the town.

@insanepenguin
I have a question about a statement you made on day one, after Vamp had received enough votes to be lynched, and before the thread was closed.
insanepenguin02 wrote:And I suppose that since I was a big player in getting you lynched, if you are a townie, I will probably be the one killed overnight.... If there is a doctor, I could use some help!
I don't understand why the mafia would want to lynch a townie who pushed to lynch another townie. Could you explain to me what you meant?
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by magisterrain »

thanks for bringing that up about penguin, charrat. not sure if it means anything, but id forgotten hed even said it.

re: benmage, he hasnt provided much for us to use to build a case against him other than exactly what you brought up
he seemed way too opportunistic first, then way too paranoid
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Charrat wrote:
@insanepenguin
I have a question about a statement you made on day one, after Vamp had received enough votes to be lynched, and before the thread was closed.
insanepenguin02 wrote:And I suppose that since I was a big player in getting you lynched, if you are a townie, I will probably be the one killed overnight.... If there is a doctor, I could use some help!
I don't understand why the mafia would want to lynch a townie who pushed to lynch another townie. Could you explain to me what you meant?
I guess that I was just worried. After you just said this though, that it would be a townie who pushed to lynch another townie, it doesn't make much sense. It happened in another game that I had played though. The town lynched a townie and the one who lead the charge was then killed. Maybe to try and keep the town guessing, I don't know. But thanks for asking and again I was just worried.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Benmage »

Charrat wrote: While it is a good thing for a townie player to try to prevent their own lynching, its probably always a bad thing for a townie to recklessly hammer another player just to help save their own necks. Short days are not likely going to be any help to the town.
Fair enough, but was it honestly the most reckless thing to do when 4 people already had sufficient evidence for themselves to cast the same vote i did...
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote: seriously, theres no danger of benmage getting lynched right now. i have a vote on him because he has not sufficiently defended himself in my eyes. as soon as he does, i will reevaluate my vote.
Your right I acted quickly in my paranoia... as i'm not to worried now about my neck getting lynched just yet... but i feel i've clarified myself... are there any specific questions or statements i made that concern you that i might better explain?
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Benmage wrote: Fair enough, but was it honestly the most reckless thing to do when 4 people already had sufficient evidence for themselves to cast the same vote i did...
If 4 people decided there was enough evidence that jumping of a cliff was beneficial to their help, would you jump of a cliff too?

Think for yourself, don't follow the crowd.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:22 am

Post by Charrat »

insanepenguin02 wrote:
Charrat wrote:@insanepenguin
I guess that I was just worried. After you just said this though, that it would be a townie who pushed to lynch another townie, it doesn't make much sense. It happened in another game that I had played though. The town lynched a townie and the one who lead the charge was then killed. Maybe to try and keep the town guessing, I don't know. But thanks for asking and again I was just worried.
When I read that yesterday, it thought that it was a little concerning. First, because your reasoning why the mafia would lynch you was strange, and second because it seemed that you might have been drawing the attention of the possible doctor towards yourself, which could be interpreted as a mafia tactic to stop the doctor from saving a townie on Day 1. I am not saying that is what you were doing, but it is a possible motivation.
T-Rex
T-Rex
Townie
T-Rex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:28 am

Post by T-Rex »

Sorry for being a bit late to the day, but I'm here now.

After reading what I missed, I'm not quite sure I understand the benmage hate. He's not necessarily playing well if he's pro-town, since the town should be looking out for the benefit of the town before themselves, but it can't be that uncommon of a play style, especially since people enjoy playing the game, and because when you're pro-town, keeping yourself alive is always beneficial. I think he should change how he's acting in order to benefit the town, but I don't think his previous actions warrant a vote.
Not quite sure what you meant by this. Some clarification please?
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:55 am

Post by magisterrain »

T-Rex wrote: I think he should change how he's acting in order to benefit the town, but I don't think his previous actions warrant a vote.

if someone isn't helping the town, who are the helping? and do we want to keep them around if they aren't helping the town?
Not quite sure what you meant by this. Some clarification please?
well, if a scum were voting for people first every time, it would later turn out to be true that his actions were scummy regardless of whether those he was voting for are scummy

if a townie were voting for people first every time, it obviously couldn't be scummy for him/her to be doing so since he/she is not scum

all im really saying here is you can't tell whether someone is scummy or simply erring in judgment when they cast a first vote on someone until the end of the game. but thats kind of the fun of mafia...trying to figure out whether someone is acting because of certain motives and whether they are doing it well or not

anyway, t-rex, any ideas on who is scum?
[/i]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”