Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Glork »

Wait, I *REALLY* don't get what you're saying, and now I wished I hadn't hammered (except for the fact that I'm leaving in like five minutes and didn't want to chance forgetting to hammer later).

You say you don't like the Tubervote, presumably because it was contradictory to the post he made in MD.

Even though Hill provided an explanation for his other post which you say you find to be "extremely easy to believe," you consider the defense to be flimsy and a continuation of the afore-mentioned "contradiction."

This looks like an argument based off of a flawed assumption to me, because the only way you see Hill as being scummy is if he's being contradictory, and the only way you can see him being contradictory is if you reject his explanation (on the assumption that he is scummy/contradictory?).

Can you explain, start-to-finish, your entire train of thought from when you first disliked his vote, why you disliked it to begin with, why you don't like his response, and how you can find him to be contradictory in spite of accepting his response as "perfectly believable"?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Glork »

Xtoxm wrote:
Glork wrote:EBWOP:
Glork wrote:That said, having known dahill from scumchat and having met him in person, you're saying you still find it unreasonable to believe that he quoted me to debunk the "unexplained votes suck" comment for the lulz?
I find it believable, and I was surprised you find it to be unreasonable, though now it appears as though you find it bad because he was "flaily" and still contradictory. Suffice to say, Ether, I don't understand what you're getting at all.

Anyway, Xtox is obv the play of the day, Dahill is probably the convenient distraction, which would be serious minus points for both Erratus and Pathetric.

Unvote
Vote: Xtoxm
Lol, got worried at Ether's suggestion?
Don't be ridiculous. Six people weren't going to jump me in less than 24 hours after I've already announced that I'm going to be away tomorrow.

Now you're just taking potshots, and really bad ones at that.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Half the people contributing to my lynch don't fully believe in it, and you know it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Glork »

Welcome to Day One of a deadlined game... but the point remainst that six out of nine (removing myself and dahill, who will be away, and you, who are already voting me) players will NOT bandwagon me because of one throwaway comment.

There was ZERO chance of that happening, so your accusation that I was "getting worried" that I might be lynched is, as I said, a
really bad potshot
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Pathetric »

I misread the angle of "for the lulz." I still don't think he'd post that if he completely disagreed with it.

I'm going out in ten minutes and I want a late breakfast first.

Soul sistah,
-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Pathetric »

Glork wrote:Anyway, Xtox is obv the play of the day, Dahill is probably the convenient distraction, which would be serious minus points for both Erratus and Pathetric.
How does Post 351 fit into this theory? You seem to be just slinging mud here. Based on what's just happened I'm thinking Xtoxm might flip town, but if he's scum, this comment is definitely noted.

Why the need to hammer before we heard from Assmaster? You were seriously worried you'd forget to do it later?

If we're killed tonight, Glork seriously needs running up tomorrow, regardless of what Xtoxm is. Don't let him off the hook; he hasn't felt right today at all.
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:37 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 7 (Incognito, Yosarian2, dahill1, Pathetric, Tuberkulos, Coriolanus, Glork)
dahill1: 2 (charter, Erratus Apathos)
Coriolanus: 2 (Assmaster, Rally Vincent)
Glork: 1 (Xtoxm)

Not Voting: 0

It isn't long before one of the senators begins to lose his composure in the intensity of the situation. Xtoxm, who at one point goes so far as to suggest his own immediate demise, is rounded on by a majority of his fellows and removed from the debate, violently. But which side was he on?

Xtoxm -
Conspirator
- Lynched Day One

It is now Night One. Deadline for night actions is 72 hours
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In the movement and chaos surrounding Xtoxm´s last moments, a blade flashes deadly across the throat of another senator. The strangely schizophrenic Pathetric has joined his/her colleague on the marble floor. A tense, mournful silence falls on the group only for a moment before the debate erupts once more.

Pathetric -
Conspirator
- Killed Night One

It is now Day Two. With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:36 am

Post by charter »

Well, I still think it's dahill. Same reasons as yesterday.
vote dahill
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:54 am

Post by dahill1 »

hi guys i'm back from vacation and i'm rereading soon
Assmaster
Assmaster
Townie
Assmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Assmaster »

hmph
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Post.

I'll have more later after some targeted reads.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Incognito »

And actually, while I'm doing that, I do think Glork needs to respond to this as it was something I was curious about also:
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Glork »

As soon as Patrick made that "If I die, look at Glork" post, I pretty much knew they were going to get offed tonight.

Charter, have you "take[n] a closer look at EA and RV" yet? I find this:
Charter wrote:I also don't see any scumhunting. There was that bit with Corio in the beginning, which I also didn't understand from him, and he later dropped that entirely too. Pretty much the only other person I've seen him give an opinion on is tuber, and I don't see how he got to his conclusions.
interesting considering A) Dahill posted that he was on major V/LA, and B) you've really only gone after Dahill and Corio at all D1, in spite of promising to go back and examine two other players. Calling the kettle black, are we?

(For the record, yes, I still firmly believe that dahill is protown.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Glork »

Incognito wrote:And actually, while I'm doing that, I do think Glork needs to respond to this as it was something I was curious about also:
Patrick wrote:Why the need to hammer before we heard from Assmaster? You were seriously worried you'd forget to do it later?
Yes. In fact, after I made my last post, I didn't visit Scum until Tuesday afternoon, when I arrived back home in Ohio.

Patrick's inquisition was close-minded enough, but your "curiosity" bothers me, Incog. I had posted in V/LA that I would have limited access over the holidays, posted that I was going to be away that evening and the next day, and given that I just returned to the site from a several-month hiatus because life got too busy for Mafia (something I'm almost certain you already know), I would expect you to understand that when things are going on -- especially during the holidays -- Mafia will be the last thing on my mind.

So yes, I hammered because I wanted to lynch Xtoxm, I wasn't convinced anybody else would get around to it, and I would honestly have given a significant chance that I'd have forgotten about it before the deadline hit, because I spent nine of those hours between Monday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon driving a third of the way across the country.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Coriolanus »

Vote Assmaster

FOS charter and maybe Glork

reasons later[/b]
But for your son -believe it- O believe it-
Most dangerously you have with him prevailed
If not most mortal to him...
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Coriolanus »

and add one of those "FOS" thingies to dahill for good measure. they can't all be scum, but that's who i'm looking at right now.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by dahill1 »

first off, corio being sim = lol
i don't have much time to reread in-depth as i have to finish up a lot of major projects for school plus finals coming up.
Erratus Apathos wrote:While I don't agree that those points are necessarily contradictory, if dahill is town I'd expect him to have pointed out why they weren't contradictory as soon as it was brought up. Instead, he distanced himself from the MD post by effectively claiming that he was only quoting Glork as a devil's advocate. I don't buy it. "take it away, glrok!" sounds much more like someone who knows he's soundly owning animorpher than someone who's trying to start an argument.
and how is explaining that i was playing devil's advocate not showing how the points are contradictory?
i simply showed that i wasn't necessarily agreeing with glork, which meant that me questioning someone for not explaining a vote was valid
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Incognito »

Glork, I don't see how Patrick's question was "closed-minded" or why my curiosity about it would bother you, and it wasn't apparent to me that your driving across the country after Monday afternoon would cause you that much trouble to get a hammer in. In your post 362,
Glork, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1418509#1418509]362[/url], wrote:I want Ether to answer me first.

I am supposed to be traveling throughout most of the day tomorrow, but I will hammer from my phone later tonight if necessary.
...you specifically mentioned that you would be hammering Xtoxm later that Monday evening, which would likely be a few hours before the deadline. The deadline was set for December 30th, I'm guessing somewhere around midnight EST. Considering the fact that Assmaster made a post on Saturday promising some content, I'd think you could have at least waited until later that evening like you said instead of the afternoon so that Assmaster could finally get an opportunity to insert a comment or two considering the fact that he was rather devoid of content for pretty much all of last week. If I'm not mistaken, Primate's from the UK so I'm pretty sure there was still at least a slight window of opportunity for him to get a post in between the time you mentioned you'd be hammering Xtoxm and a hypothetical evening hammer.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Glork »

I ended up spending the last evening with the family and knew I would likely not be online or thinking about Mafia, and I wanted to ensure a lynch. Furthermore, Assmaster said he was ill, promised content on Saturday, and on Monday afternoon he hadn't posted. I couldn't reasonably expect him to keep his commitment and there was no chance of me waiting around to see if he showed up.

I called Patrick's comment closed-minded, because I expect that ANY reasonable mafia player would respect another player's out-of-game commitments. I changed my mind and hammered based on the commitments I had to spend time with my family. If you honestly think that's suspicious, you're a fucking idiot.

This is ridiculous. I will not argue this matter anymore.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by charter »

Glork wrote:Charter, have you "take[n] a closer look at EA and RV" yet? I find this:
Charter wrote:I also don't see any scumhunting. There was that bit with Corio in the beginning, which I also didn't understand from him, and he later dropped that entirely too. Pretty much the only other person I've seen him give an opinion on is tuber, and I don't see how he got to his conclusions.
interesting considering A) Dahill posted that he was on major V/LA, and B) you've really only gone after Dahill and Corio at all D1, in spite of promising to go back and examine two other players. Calling the kettle black, are we?

(For the record, yes, I still firmly believe that dahill is protown.)
I did take a closer look. I didn't get much of a read off either, though I'm leaning slightly town for EA and slightly scum for RV.

Check the rest of that quote of mine. It gives better reasons why I suspect dahill. Why do you "firmly" believe dahill protown? What do you think of his flip flop on Xtoxm?
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

Glork, what do you think that Dahill1 have done that makes him look protown?

vote: Dahill1
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:53 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

Vote: Coriolanus
. Same reasons as yesterday.
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Simenon »

Rally Vincent wrote:
Vote: Coriolanus
. Same reasons as yesterday.
the more things change... pleased to know that you haven't decided to take a new look at the game after two townspersons died.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Coriolanus »

the more things change... pleased to know that you haven't decided to take a new look at the game after two townspersons died.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”