Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Pathetric wrote:A question to Incognito, Glork, Yosarian2, Erratus Apathos, Rally Vincent, probably some other people I'm forgetting:
Are you in fact aware of the full case against Dahill? What do you think of the contrast between this and this?
No, I wasn't aware of dahill's post in the 5 things I hate thread. I don't read bitch threads.

While I don't agree that those points are necessarily contradictory, if dahill is town I'd expect him to have pointed out why they weren't contradictory as soon as it was brought up. Instead, he distanced himself from the MD post by effectively claiming that he was only quoting Glork as a devil's advocate. I don't buy it. "take it away, glrok!" sounds much more like someone who knows he's soundly owning animorpher than someone who's trying to start an argument.
Pathetric wrote:Do you typically skim over large parts of the game? Genuine question, because this quote really gives me that impression. Your sum up of the dahill case in particular is clearly wrong.
Yes I skim a lot, but prior to making that post I scoured through dahill's voters' posts looking specifically for the case against him (as well as skimming over his posts myself. Same goes for xtoxm and coriolanus). There's no way I would have missed a clear argument against him - the 5 things I hate contradiction most definitely not being clear.

Unvote
Vote: dahill1
Do you want your possessions identified?
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:19 am

Post by Pathetric »

Glork: the tone of "seemingly no reason" makes me think differently. What's more, Dahill's defense (reiterated here) doesn't correspond with yours. It was basically "I quoted Glork for the hell of it but I don't actually agree with him; I do find unexplained votes scummy." (Doublechecking this, he said that this wasn't the first time. I'll want the most recent link to this behavior.) What do you think about this defense?

Incognito: having just skimmed the content of Primate's posts instead of counting them, I'm actually going to eat my words there. He should do stuff.

The quoted post most certainly
does
seem to lean one way or another. Dahill dedicated a full post--no debating with anyone else except Animorpherv--to quoting the counterpoint Glork made, starting off with a "take it away, glrok!". That's pretty strong on its own, and he didn't throw in any disclaimer about him personally disagreeing. Yeah, Incognito. That post had a lean. Regardless of his alignment, it bothers me easily you swallowed that.

Having said that, it occurs to me that Dahill won't be around to claim--that
does
make me somewhat nervous, and I'm surprised no one else has brought this up. (More words to eat: I do not like this deadline after all.) I'm not thrilled, but I'm going to
unvote; vote: Xtoxm

Chewing thoughtfully,
-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Xtoxm »

That is a pathetic reason. Was calling me town jsut an attempt to look good?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Xtoxm wrote:That is a pathetic reason. Was calling me town jsut an attempt to look good?
I believe it's a pathetric reason...
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Coriolanus »

i am becoming more and more convinced dahill is the right lynch.
But for your son -believe it- O believe it-
Most dangerously you have with him prevailed
If not most mortal to him...
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Coriolanus wrote:i am becoming more and more convinced dahill is the right lynch.
What makes you say that?

I'm confident with my case on Dahill1 and I believe that it's stronger than the case on Xtoxm. But Dahill1 wont be here and claim/defend himself, so I'll have to do "a pathetric".

unvote: Dahill1
vote: Xtoxm
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Glork »

Pathetric wrote:Glork: the tone of "seemingly no reason" makes me think differently. What's more, Dahill's defense (reiterated here) doesn't correspond with yours. It was basically "I quoted Glork for the hell of it but I don't actually agree with him; I do find unexplained votes scummy." (Doublechecking this, he said that this wasn't the first time. I'll want the most recent link to this behavior.) What do you think about this defense?
Well, for one it shows how little I've paid attention to this whole dahill thing. I actually remember reading your linked "Terrible" post, and I had
assumed
that it linked back to dahill's prior unexplained vote without bothering to click on the link. In retrospect, I suppose that's why I never understood your ill will towards him.

That said, having known dahill from scumchat and having met him in person, you're saying you still find it unreasonable to believe that he quoted me to debunk the "unexplained votes suck" comment for the lulz?

(And I still maintain that there's a p vast difference between them being generally disliked and them being scummy, but this is probably getting off-track. Point is, I think you're looking for something that just isn't there.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Coriolanus »

Tuber wrote:What makes you say that?
nothing. i thought i saw something, but i decided i didn't.
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Coriolanus »

dahill1: 3
Xtoxm: 5
Coriolanus: 3

i think that's the tally.

i'll vote xtoxm only if that's what it takes to get a lynch.
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Coriolanus »

fuck it we don't have time for this
unvote vote xtoxm
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Glork »

Incidentally, if you had an issue with dahill's
response
to your contradiction, then why did you ask us about the contradiction itself to begin with?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Coriolanus »

this is the hammer you've always wanted glork.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Glork »

I want Ether to answer me first.

I am supposed to be traveling throughout most of the day tomorrow, but I will hammer from my phone later tonight if necessary.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:22 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 6 (Incognito, Yosarian2, dahill1, Pathetric, Tuberkulos, Coriolanus)
dahill1: 2 (charter, Erratus Apathos)
Coriolanus: 3 (Glork, Assmaster, Rally Vincent)
Glork: 1 (Xtoxm)

Not Voting: 0
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am

Post by charter »

Xtoxm, any thoughts of yours would be nice.
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Pathetric »

Xtoxm wrote:That is a pathetic reason. Was calling me town jsut an attempt to look good?
What would you suggest? I'm uncomfortable to lynch someone who's not around to defend themselves or claim, and I don't see you trying to persuade anyone to lynch Glork or Yos2. We've tried more than once to get the deadline extended, which seems more than reasonable, but mod isn't receptive to it since the contract was written in stone in the sign ups thread and there's literally no way it can possibly be changed.

I'm a little unsettled that like 3 or 4 people have apparently only just fully read up on the case against dahill, despite being happy to stick up for him before. It doesn't particularly strike me as scum defending buddy, but it's weird. I don't really understand Glork's question to Ether; hopefully she will.

Asssmaster urgently needs to contribute some content. No more excuses.

Patrick.
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well I don't anyone's going to listen to them...

Most of my opinions are incomplete, but i'm thinking Charter and Sim town atm. Ass too.

Now, Incognito. I've played with/under him several times, all times of which I have been pretty clear cut either my scum meta or my town meta, and he's got a pretty good idea of both. I imagine he came into this game thinking he'd be able to get a pretty solid read on me (if he's town). Now, i'll admit that in this game i've played fairly lacadaisically, with my meta probably lying in some murky middle ground of my "metas". I think I am seeing some attempts from Incog to identify which I am, though I am not certain. If he was scum I may have expected him to give a solid opinion fairly quickly, if not for identifying a mislynch, simply to avoid looking scum for not being able to read me. Thus, my verdict is town.

RV...I've played with him once before. I think it may have been his first game. I recall him looking very pro-town, and I had him down as town pretty shortly after he replaced in. I'm not getting the same feel from him here, and a few of the things he's said have struck me as dodgy. He could be scum.

Tuberkulos. I don't feel confident in a read on him, infact, it may be a fair comment to say I don't really have one on him, but I guess i'd lean town.

Charter is not clashing with my town meta on him, of which i've played several times now, though i'll admit i've not played him as scum...I would say his defense of me seems genuine. We have both been town in our other games, and both seemed pretty confident the other was also town, so he has incentive to want to do that as scum, but I think he's town again here.

Dahill. There's on thing from him I thought a little odd, I think he over-reacted to my self-vote. It was an RVS non-hammer vote, yet he semi-blows up and refences my self-hammering in a serious situation with his "so he'll stop doing this" comment. It's quite a tenuos link, which I think makes it more likely he's scum. I'm not sure about the wagoning, in itself, i've seen town do it. Perhaps a leaning scum read.

Yos. Frustration seems genuine. I have as yet not decided whether this is frustrated scum who feels he's been wrongly called out, or frustrated town at an idiotic case. What I will say, however, is I think he's beating around the bush a bit with trying to extract infomation from me, long after I made it clear I had no intention of answering him. As town in that situation, i'd have stopped trying and said he's scummy/whatever, and pushed for his lynch, or whatever etc. Thus, I would call him scum at this point.

Glork. First thing that springs to mind is that i'm not seeing similarity between his play here and my other game with him as town. I've not really been as certain of his scumminess as i've been making out, but I could see him being scum. I'm finding much else to comment on here, really. He'd be a good lynch, imo.

Pathetric. It's hard to say. Lots of conflicting things here, they're probably town I guess.

EA. I always have a hard time reading this one. I would call him town at this point, unconfidently.

Think that's it?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

OhGodMyLife wrote:A lynch suffers the requirement of a simple majority. If there is no majority at deadline, there will be no lynch.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
It is now day one. With 12 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch.
I'm a bit confused. Do you mean installynch? Or won't there be a lynch if only 6 people vote on someone?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Glork »

Patrick wrote:I don't really understand Glork's question to Ether; hopefully she will.
When she first brought it up, she seemed to be trying to use the "contradiction" as a sticking point to me and Yos, rather than Dahill's response to said contradiction. If Dahill already responded to it and the reason she is upset is due to the response, why is she asking us about the contradiction instead of asking us about hill's response?

I will also point out that Xtoxm's apathy towards his apparent lynch reads MUCH more scum than town. If he were genuinely town and he were genuinely "leaning scum" on Dahill, he would be voting Dahill instead of me. Xtox + Corio + Pathetric + Tuber would be six on Dahill, and hill would be the lynch of the day.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Pathetric »

Y'know, guys, we could always lynch Glork. That'd be cool.
Post 356, Glork wrote:That said, having known dahill from scumchat and having met him in person, you're saying you still find it unreasonable to believe that he quoted me to debunk the "unexplained votes suck" comment for the lulz?
Oh, I find that extremely easy to believe. It's the Corvote I dislike.

I asked about the contradiction because I do find it scummy and it was the obvious place to start. I felt his flaily defense was just an extension of the original contradiction. (shrug)

You haven't actually answered my question. What do you think about Dahill's defense?

Mentally
fabulous,

-Ether
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Pathetric »

Post 369 wrote:It's the Corvote* I dislike.
*That other guy. Tuberkulos.

-Ether
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Glork »

I answered your question with a question.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP:
Glork wrote:That said, having known dahill from scumchat and having met him in person, you're saying you still find it unreasonable to believe that he quoted me to debunk the "unexplained votes suck" comment for the lulz?
I find it believable, and I was surprised you find it to be unreasonable, though now it appears as though you find it bad because he was "flaily" and still contradictory. Suffice to say, Ether, I don't understand what you're getting at all.

Anyway, Xtox is obv the play of the day, Dahill is probably the convenient distraction, which would be serious minus points for both Erratus and Pathetric.

Unvote
Vote: Xtoxm
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Y'know, guys, we could always lynch Glork. That'd be cool.
That'd be very cool.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Glork wrote:EBWOP:
Glork wrote:That said, having known dahill from scumchat and having met him in person, you're saying you still find it unreasonable to believe that he quoted me to debunk the "unexplained votes suck" comment for the lulz?
I find it believable, and I was surprised you find it to be unreasonable, though now it appears as though you find it bad because he was "flaily" and still contradictory. Suffice to say, Ether, I don't understand what you're getting at all.

Anyway, Xtox is obv the play of the day, Dahill is probably the convenient distraction, which would be serious minus points for both Erratus and Pathetric.

Unvote
Vote: Xtoxm
Lol, got worried at Ether's suggestion?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”