Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Darox »

farside22 wrote:I'm not getting anything from Darox which is normal but he isn't even his usual joking self. Just something to ponder.
Hiiiiiii farside!

But seriously, I'm not even pretending to be serious here, I'm legitimately serious. For seriously.

I'm 100% certain ortolan isn't the lyncher, and I'm 90% certain he isn't town either, so that leaves him as goon or godfather.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by ortolan »

Maybe you should listen to the 10% instead of riding crappy pre-existing wagons which were never properly justified to begin with.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by ortolan »

And I didn't intend the L-1 hypocrisy when voting Darox, I didn't realise he already had 2 votes
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Darox »

Crazy wrote:
Unvote

L-1's not necessary. I'll give Darox the benefit of the doubt and assume he has logic that he'll post soon.
This is a distinct possibility.

I want to see what happens first before I verbally assault ortolan for being mafia though.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Darox »

ortolan wrote:Maybe you should listen to the 10% instead of riding crappy pre-existing wagons which were never properly justified to begin with.
95%
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:19 pm

Post by ortolan »

Well you could either be: 1) waiting for a reaction from me, which you've gotten

2) Waiting for a reaction from other people including perhaps someone specific (which might include hammering me as you so kindly put me on L-1).

Hopefully you will reveal some method in the bad-ness but I'm increasingly skeptical.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by Crazy »

Darox wrote:
Crazy wrote:
Unvote

L-1's not necessary. I'll give Darox the benefit of the doubt and assume he has logic that he'll post soon.
This is a distinct possibility.

I want to see what happens first before I verbally assault ortolan for being mafia though.
Err, what do you expect to happen if you don't post any reasoning? Except ortolan's OMGUS-y reaction?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by ortolan »

Increasing the apparent weighting you give to me being scum when I know for a fact I am not is having the sole effect of making me increasingly doubt your methodology for scum-catching.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:45 am

Post by populartajo »

Mmmm. Darox not making sense. Im not surprised.
Why are you almost sure ortolan is scum?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by charter »

Vote Count:

ortolan - 2 (neko2086, Darox)

TehVariable - 1 (populartajo)
Darox - 2 (farside22, ortolan)

Not Voting: (2)

Crazy
TehVariable

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by charter »

Kmd4390 replaces TehVariable
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by Darox »

Hi kmd.

I'm sure you'll agree that ortolan is undoubtedly scummy.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'll read up and post thoughts soon.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm going to use the same ketchup method I used recently replacing into a 20 page game. It seems to work. Page by page.

Page 1:
Mostly confirmations and setup questions.

ortolan and nat self vote. I've seen Nat do it before. Not sure why Tehvariable voted Nat for it and ignored ortolan. That's who I'm replacing though and he's town.

Tajo is justified in his vote.

Biggest scum reads: (nothing major yet)
1.ortolan

Page 2:
Darox votes No Lynch with no reason. Very interesting. Maybe hoping to see the lyncher NK'd? Scum hunting is important too though.

Ortolan calls out Darox as lyncher. Interesting. Not sure where it comes from.

Nat is against the No Lynch. Just noting.

Crazy claims to see where ortolan is coming from. Says lynching the lyncher isn't the right move. I agree that scum lynches are more important, but if it becomes completely obvious who the lyncher is, lynch them.

Crazy makes sense in saying "That the lyncher might support a no-lynch in order to distance himself from being the lyncher. Or possibly wish his lynch target was NKed so he could become town." I don't see why the lyncher would want to become town though unless their target is so pro-town that it's a tough lynch.

Tajo, why is crazy not scum? I agree he looks protown, but what makes him town or lyncher?

Not sure why neko votes Tajo. The comment towards Farside seemed weird to me too. Farside replaced Nat. Farside mentions Nat's self-vote. Neko jumps on Farside for that?

Biggest scum reads:
1.Neko
2.ortolan
Still nothing major.

Page 3:
Neko misrepresents what TV said. TV clearly said that self voting is scummy and he was guessing between two scummy actions. Neko says that TV said it isn't scummy, so what is scummy about ortolan? Not looking good for Neko. The jabs at Farside look unneeded as well.

Neko says the Tajo vote is a random vote. But he has gone after both TV and Farside. Why have a random vote while throwing out actual accusations?

Ortolan jumps on TV for calling his vote random while giving reasons. Consider it a joke vote then if you want to be picky about wording. It's the same idea.

Tajo, I don't like the way you say town wouldn't ask about the setup like ortolan did. I disagree completely. Also, while Crazy does seem protown, good scum can seem protown too. I've seen Crazy do it. Jester Mafia. The scum would have won if the jester didn't take it.

I don't think ortolan is the lyncher TBH.

Darox, ignore the lyncher? What?!?

Biggest scum reads:
1.Neko
2.ortolan
3.Tajo
4.Darox

Page 4:
Darox still hasn't voted anyone. (unless he random voted. I don't remember)

Darox, what the hell? Vote No Lynch. Unvote. Suggest a random lynch. That's what you've done so far.

Tajo claims to have no suspects. I think he is still voting TV at this point. He calls a few town and all others null.

Biggest scum reads:
1.Tajo
2.ortolan
3.Neko
4.Darox

Page 5:
ortolan completely OMGUS votes Darox.

ortolan, why were you self-voting up until L-1 on Page 5? And don't say you didn't reazlize it because you pointed it out yourself as a point against Darox. You gave opinions, but never voted anyone else.

Biggest scum reads:
1.ortolan
2.Tajo
3.Darox
4.Neko

Page 6:
Darox, how can you be 100% sure of ANYTHING regarding the lyncher unless you ARE the lyncher?

ortolan, "which might include hammering me as you so kindly put me on L-1", you won't be hammered directly from L-2 after you unvoted yourself.

Darox seems to be trying to look like a lyncher? Would town do that? no. Would scum do it? Well, we've been saying that we shouldn't worry about lynching the lyncher just yet. Combine that with the fact that he has contributed absoulutely nothing to this game, voted no lynch without reasoning, suggested a random lynch, and never voted until ortolan which he now says he is 95% sure about, and we have a pretty scummy player here.

The only thing that worries me about L-1 is what if he is the lynchee? I think if he is though, the lyncher has more than enough reason to already be voting him, and probably already is.

Vote Darox
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Darox »

Kmd.

Lynching the lyncher is only marginally better than lynching a townie.

We shouldn't be trying to lynch him/her at all. We don't need to do so to win.

What we SHOULD be doing is lynching the mafia, namely ortolan.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm not thinking you are the lyncher. I think you are mafia.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Darox »

Kmd4390 wrote:Darox, ignore the lyncher? What?!?
Yes, ignore the lyncher. We don't have to kill him to win, and he can absorb bullets just as well as the rest of the town, and as an addition, he becomes town if his target gets a lead enema too. All we have to do is lynch mafia, and he's not a threat in the slightest.
Kmd4390 wrote:Darox seems to be trying to look like a lyncher?
I'm really not, and I don't know where you got this impression.
Kmd4390 wrote:Combine that with the fact that he has contributed absoulutely nothing to this game, voted no lynch without reasoning, suggested a random lynch, and never voted until ortolan which he now says he is 95% sure about, and we have a pretty scummy player here.
So, I'm a lurker and trying to fly under the radar, but I'm also creating a big spectacle about ortolan?
Wait, what?
Kmd4390 wrote:suggested a random lynch
Please quote for me where I said a random lynch is a good idea.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Darox wrote:
Yes, ignore the lyncher. We don't have to kill him to win, and he can absorb bullets just as well as the rest of the town, and as an addition, he becomes town if his target gets a lead enema too. All we have to do is lynch mafia, and he's not a threat in the slightest.
But if we mislynch the lynchee, the lyncher wins. We don't want that. We can't ignore the lyncher. Yes, a mafia lynch is better, but we can't completely ignore the lyncher.
I'm really not, and I don't know where you got this impression.[/quote]
By the way you are attacking ortolan and not doing basically anything else that is remotely helpful to the town.
Kmd4390 wrote:Combine that with the fact that he has contributed absoulutely nothing to this game, voted no lynch without reasoning, suggested a random lynch, and never voted until ortolan which he now says he is 95% sure about, and we have a pretty scummy player here.
So, I'm a lurker and trying to fly under the radar, but I'm also creating a big spectacle about ortolan?
Wait, what?[/quote]
I didn't say you are trying to fly under the radar. I said you have contributed nothing.
Please quote for me where I said a random lynch is a good idea.[/quote]
You didn't say it was a good idea. You suggested it, which is what I said.
Darox wrote:
I'm debating random lynching
as a day 1 strat, so I'm going to run the numbers.
Right there. Yes, you shot it down at the end of the post. But why even mention it? Why would we want a random lynch?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Darox wrote:
But if we mislynch the lynchee, the lyncher wins. We don't want that. We can't ignore the lyncher. Yes, a mafia lynch is better, but we can't completely ignore the lyncher.
Darox wrote:I'm really not, and I don't know where you got this impression.
By the way you are attacking ortolan and not doing basically anything else that is remotely helpful to the town.
Darox wrote:So, I'm a lurker and trying to fly under the radar, but I'm also creating a big spectacle about ortolan?
Wait, what?
I didn't say you are trying to fly under the radar. I said you have contributed nothing.
Darox wrote:Please quote for me where I said a random lynch is a good idea.
You didn't say it was a good idea. You suggested it, which is what I said.
Darox wrote:
I'm debating random lynching
as a day 1 strat, so I'm going to run the numbers.
Right there. Yes, you shot it down at the end of the post. But why even mention it? Why would we want a random lynch?

Tags fixed. Sort of.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by ortolan »

Darox can you please explain firstly why you think I'm scum and secondly why I had to wait to hear why, if you're town please give me a reason to take my vote off you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:25 am

Post by farside22 »

Kmd: reading your views and seeing Darox at the bottom of your suspect list why do you vote for him if he is at the bottom of the suspect list for 4 pages? What changed?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

The way he has gone after ortolan this page. For a couple of reasons. 1, would a lyncher be that obvious? I don't think so. 2, if he actually is a lyncher, we don't want to lynch ortolan without lynching Darox first. 3, I don't see his pursuit as a town pursuit.

So he's either the lyncher or mafia. I'm leaning mafia just because I don't see a lyncher being this obvious.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:44 am

Post by neko2086 »

thanks for replacing, kmd.

I'll answer some of your questions and address some of your points. If I miss an important one, let me know.
Neko jumps on Farside for that?
I explained why. It seemed forced and unnecessary. The self-vote had already been mentioned twice and Farside didn't add anything original to the discussion.
I agree that scum lynches are more important, but if it becomes completely obvious who the lyncher is, lynch them.
Why on earth would we waste our time and resources lynching the lyncher? Doing so only helps the scum. This is exactly the sort of thing that has me worried about ortolan, in case you didn't notice.
Neko misrepresents what TV said. TV clearly said that self voting is scummy and he was guessing between two scummy actions. Neko says that TV said it isn't scummy, so what is scummy about ortolan? Not looking good for Neko.
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. Please clarify with quotes and such if that helps.
Why have a random vote while throwing out actual accusations?
Nobody, frankly, was worth voting yet.

I have a quick question for you: When you read Ortolan's post 30, do you read it as being a joke or being serious?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

We have to agree to disagree about your point on Farside because I don't see it, and I don't feel like arguing in circles.

Your right about the lyncher. I made a mistake in typing that. Scum should be our top priority. I still don't think the lyncher should be ignored though.

Ok. TV called self-voting scummy. He said he was guessing between Nat/ort. You go on to say that TV said self-voting isn't scummy. TV didn't say that, so there's the misrep.

Why isn't it worth voting over small things early in the game.

I read Ortolan calling Darox lyncher on Page 2 as a joke.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Darox »

Kmd4390 wrote:The way he has gone after ortolan this page. For a couple of reasons. 1, would a lyncher be that obvious? I don't think so. 2, if he actually is a lyncher, we don't want to lynch ortolan without lynching Darox first. 3, I don't see his pursuit as a town pursuit.

So he's either the lyncher or mafia. I'm leaning mafia just because I don't see a lyncher being this obvious.
Hi, I don't think we've met.
My name is Darox.
How are you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”