Mini 693 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia (OVER)

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by malthusis »

EBWOP:

Tar, I was in MSII, B5 (I was severly annoyed at how that game ended) and am in MSIII right now. (And as an added setup idea, why don't you make a tamer Mini Normal with only a few wacky roles).
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Natirasha »

My rule is that I couldn't imagine a two-player mafia being so...weak...in the past. It just seemed like the mafia GF would have to have good powers to make up for the fact there were only 2 of them.

[modwifom]And Haruhi isn't that bad when it comes to flavor inversions.

And Mind Screw doesn't count.

And MtG:PU follows flavor somewhat efficiently.[/modwifom]
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Natirasha wrote:My rule is that I couldn't imagine a two-player mafia being so...weak...in the past. It just seemed like the mafia GF would have to have good powers to make up for the fact there were only 2 of them.

[modwifom]And Haruhi isn't that bad when it comes to flavor inversions.

And Mind Screw doesn't count.

And MtG:PU follows flavor somewhat efficiently.[/modwifom]
More to the point, did you forget that ZONEACE was revealed to have been the Mafia Godfather on Day 3?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

malthusis wrote:EBWOP:

Tar, I was in MSII, B5 (I was severly annoyed at how that game ended) and am in MSIII right now. (And as an added setup idea, why don't you make a tamer Mini Normal with only a few wacky roles).
Not a Mini Normal, I don't think - I wouldn't touch that queue with a ten-foot pole nowadays.

Running a Large Normal, however... I could be persuaded to do that, though I would have to choose what theme game to put off in order to run it (likely Majora's Mask). There's quite a bit of design space (particular certain roles that are rarely used but perhaps well-known enough to be considered Normal) in Normal games that is rarely taken advantage of.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Natirasha »

If you want to see how wacky a Normal can get, you should see mine. It's in the queue right now. Let's just say I had to tone down my setup.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

malt wrote: Sharazad anyone? (Kudos to anyone who recognizes this, but I think I may have spelt it wrong.)
Let's play another game for half our life totals! YAY! (or was it just 10 life?)
Tar wrote:
Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia (Mini Theme, could effectively be called "Tarhalindur's New Ability Showcase", to be run as soon as balancing is complete)
MTG: Parallel Universe (with Natirasha and Lord Gurgi, flavor chosen due to being known by all three mods and entirely too fitting for the game, game size uncertain pending a check with MeMe)
pre-/in for both these, if I haven't already.
(I think you totally deserved it though, what scum would write a huge analysis?) Another reason is that you seemed so truthful that it was hard to believe you were lieing
I do an analysis upon replacing in no matter what. You get a town aura automatically if it makes some semblance of sense. Anyway, thanks for the kudos :P.

Tar wrote: In my opinion, Town lost this game for one reason only: they decided to play "let's outguess Tarhalindur" and lost.
Basically agree with this. I think I chastise the town for playing outguess the mod a couple times while "playing" it myself in a few instances. I mean, in that super huge analysis post.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:57 am

Post by malthusis »

malt wrote:

Sharazad anyone? (Kudos to anyone who recognizes this, but I think I may have spelt it wrong.)

Let's play another game for half our life totals! YAY! (or was it just 10 life?)
(Gives FL a big cookie) :mrgreen:
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by andersonw »

Good game everyone, I'm sorry I had to get replaced, although I was pretty confident of my winning chances.
I fake-claimed one-shot cop because:
a) I could use it to get someone lynched in lylo (most important reason)
b) I could use it to confirm someone, gaining townie points
c) I could always say that I investigated someone that was dead, if I wanted to play it safe.
In fact, I was really considering what I should claim when it was my turn, because as ZazieR noted, there was already a cop in the past, and I might be put under suspicion for that, but I still decided to go with it in the end.
My plan was, pretty much:
1. Get natirasha lynched (possibly by claiming a guilty)
2. Kill malthusis, because he was most likely telling the truth.
Which was what happened in the end anyways.
Tarhalindur wrote:In my opinion, Town lost this game for one reason only: they decided to play "let's outguess Tarhalindur" and lost.
Agreed.
I was so mad when ZONEACE had to get himself modkilled, and then even worse when we found out we lynched mafia day 1.

Good job ZazieR, for correctly guessing I was scum near the end, and raider, for not really coming under suspicion (except for iLord).
Thanks forbiddanlight, for replacing me, and posting more at the end than I posted during the whole game, probably.

I also find it funny that I blocked raider the one night he could kill, if his kill went through, the game could (and probably would) have turned out differently.

And once again, sorry for lurking, especially near the end. Schoolwork was just too hard on me, but I think I did pretty well (in terms of activity) near the beginning, by my standards. :P

Oh, and thanks Tar for giving me a hider role in the past, with no way of being able to die there (unless if Rauru backstabbed me or something).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by raider8169 »

andersonw wrote: I also find it funny that I blocked raider the one night he could kill, if his kill went through, the game could (and probably would) have turned out differently.
That was something that bothered me to no end. I was not told I was roleblocked so I was thinking Nat had some sort of night protection. Plus it was my ONLY chance at killing someone :evil:
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 3:53 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”