DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 3:41 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2365, Aureal wrote:
In post 2358, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: since drnick is odd night
??????
Maybe they discussed an odd night claim in the scum PT.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 2375, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2365, Aureal wrote:
In post 2358, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: since drnick is odd night
??????
Maybe they discussed an odd night claim in the scum PT.
The irony being that if I was scum fake claiming I would have chosen some sort of modifier to my role, I don't fuck around when I fake claim and cover my bases in case a tracker/watcher is out there

Also the irony of being an alt and describing self meta is not lost on me

Moral of the story.......DGB is doing a good job at muddying the waters, definitely is what you should be doing as scum when your back is up against the wall. Thought with this, and Smilely's recent posts.....makes me want DGB over Similey.......but then I can't see DGB really partnered with anyone besides him.....definitely not Aureal

I think the simplest explanation is the the correct one, just is smiley/DGB
HI EVERYBODY!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 3:56 pm

I'm doing a good job muddying the waters? I am barely paying attention LOL
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 3:57 pm

Kill me first... after my town flip, don't fade Smiley, Smiley is town.

DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 2377, DrippingGoofball wrote: I'm doing a good job muddying the waters? I am barely paying attention LOL
Anyone have the yellow m&m available?
In post 2378, DrippingGoofball wrote: Kill me first... after my town flip, don't fade Smiley, Smiley is town.
What if we fade Smiley first and he flips scum?
HI EVERYBODY!
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2334, Black wrote: I feel like we should be fading within Smiley/Grovyle. I don't see any other explanation for the no kill
Have thought about this for a while and I think I agree here. There are 4 scenarios that result in a no-kill happening here.

1. Scum Grov was blocked from performing the nightkill by DGB

2. Scum Smiley was blocked from performing the nightkill by Nick

3. Nick saved me from being shot by scum

4. Scum decided to no kill last night
- Realistically, I don't see this being what happened here, thought I mention it for posterity sake.

I think Occam's razor probs suggests that the first 2 scenarios are more likely to be the case than the third one. I was hesitant because I wanted to make sure I covered all of the bases before going forward, in part due to paranoia that I might be wrong on Grovyle here, but I think it's correct most of the time to resolve this slot first (the only scenario I can see otherwise, is one where there is a clear and unambiguous pairing within the VT claims and I don't really see myself getting there).

I have the benefit of knowing that scenario 2 can't be true here and it has to be scenario 3 if it's not scenario 1. Comparing the two scenarios I do think it's more likely to have just been 1 rather than 3 here, with enough confidence to essentially stake the game on it (I do fully realize that I probs die in M/ELO if Grov flips green here).

VOTE: Grovyle

If we are in the reality where scum shot into me, then this is unfortunate, though I do think we're just in the world where Scum!Grov got blocked here.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:04 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2379, DrNickRiviera wrote:
In post 2377, DrippingGoofball wrote: I'm doing a good job muddying the waters? I am barely paying attention LOL
In post 2378, DrippingGoofball wrote: Kill me first... after my town flip, don't fade Smiley, Smiley is town.
Thing is we are fortunate to be able to spare a mislim here. If it's deemed I should be flipped first then i'm fine with that , just flip Grov afterwards and figure it out from there.

ADHD
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:08 pm

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 2381, SmileyDude1 wrote:
Thing is we are fortunate to be able to spare a mislim here. If it's deemed I should be flipped first then i'm fine with that , just flip Grov afterwards and figure it out from there.
Also, would there be a world where you would vote DGB here today?
HI EVERYBODY!
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2358, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote:
In post 2355, Black wrote:
In post 2354, Aureal wrote: Yeah I don't see much reason to shoot there either, which is exactly why the jk almost certainly was stopping him from making the kill rather than being it.

Also the whole "working in lockstep with Goofball to defend each other once they got tied together" thing.
If it's almost certain that Smiley is scum then why should we fade DGB today?
think of it this way: i think dgb is almost certainly scum here, and we have 2 PRs right now otherwise alive. since drnick is odd night, this means that if we remove scum's ability to roleblock, it will force scum to kill there and give me an extra result.

also thomith's actions are less scummy than dgb's here, and it very well could have been a PR read shot since scum have only shot 1 PR so far and probably are desperate to find another this close to endgame.

we remove scum's counterplay to the remaining PRs we have a good shot at getting good info the next day. does that make sense? id really prefer if you voted dgb first here for that reason
This stands out to me, cause I think the idea of DGB being a scum roleblocker becomes even more dubious if you're of the thought that Nick was gated jailkeeper here.

Like IMO

Novice V-Cop
Jailkeeper
Neighborizer
VTS

Vs.

Roleblocker
Goons

feels kind of dubious to me on its own. If your thought was that the jailkeeper is gated as well then I do think it becomes rather apparent that an RB for scum doesn't work here. Think Town!Grov would be able to see that.

Also the part about getting an extra result is off to me because it implies a belief that they'd be able to get an useful result out of an additional check. In the world where this is correct and DGB is a scum roleblocker, I think it's undeniably correct that they don't have another PR here which means Grov wouldn't get any info out of an additional check here.

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2382, DrNickRiviera wrote:
In post 2381, SmileyDude1 wrote:
Also, would there be a world where you would vote DGB here today?
I don't see myself doing so no. I think i've come to the conclusion that scum are trying to deflect away from resolving myself/Grovyle in order to force a 50/50 resolution of it in a M/ELO state. I don't see myself voting outside Grov this phase given this.

IMO I think it's probs always correct to eliminate Grov or Me. Think going outside of that plays into scum hands here

ADHD
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:33 pm

Post by Grovyle in a Fedora »

In post 2383, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 2358, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote:
In post 2355, Black wrote:
In post 2354, Aureal wrote: Yeah I don't see much reason to shoot there either, which is exactly why the jk almost certainly was stopping him from making the kill rather than being it.

Also the whole "working in lockstep with Goofball to defend each other once they got tied together" thing.
If it's almost certain that Smiley is scum then why should we fade DGB today?
think of it this way: i think dgb is almost certainly scum here, and we have 2 PRs right now otherwise alive. since drnick is odd night, this means that if we remove scum's ability to roleblock, it will force scum to kill there and give me an extra result.

also thomith's actions are less scummy than dgb's here, and it very well could have been a PR read shot since scum have only shot 1 PR so far and probably are desperate to find another this close to endgame.

we remove scum's counterplay to the remaining PRs we have a good shot at getting good info the next day. does that make sense? id really prefer if you voted dgb first here for that reason
This stands out to me, cause I think the idea of DGB being a scum roleblocker becomes even more dubious if you're of the thought that Nick was gated jailkeeper here.

Like IMO

Novice V-Cop
Jailkeeper
Neighborizer
VTS

Vs.

Roleblocker
Goons

feels kind of dubious to me on its own. If your thought was that the jailkeeper is gated as well then I do think it becomes rather apparent that an RB for scum doesn't work here. Think Town!Grov would be able to see that.

Also the part about getting an extra result is off to me because it implies a belief that they'd be able to get an useful result out of an additional check. In the world where this is correct and DGB is a scum roleblocker, I think it's undeniably correct that they don't have another PR here which means Grov wouldn't get any info out of an additional check here.
first off, I FINISHED MY FINAL -

shrug i was looking for arguments to resolve my stronger scumread and I misspecced.

drnick being not oddnight makes it more likely

i dont know how balance works on this site that well, I just figured that JK + neighorizer + an investigative was fine here

i think looking at mech is bad anyways and that dgb's dayplay is more incriminating here and that you can reasonably see my progression throughout this game. i am not one that wants to lose to both of us being town and you having been shot at - i dont think its outside of the realm of possibility by any means. who else should have died here? thomith and black after all were fairly clear based on the ming situation and thomith was posting fairly well while they were alive. shortcuts, especially ones that lead to losing situations if you assume wrongly - are bad.

also side note i i
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:38 pm

also side note I will have time will have time to look at the game tomorrow potentially since my next finals are next week***

idk how that got eaten up there
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:48 pm

VOTE: Grovyle

Gibdo
Gibdo
Townie
Gibdo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 pm

Post by Gibdo »

I think Smiley is making way too much sense to be scum here. My town read on Grov started fading a bit after the D3 lim on Hu Tao anyway. I at least want to give Grovyle time after finals before I commit my vote there.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Sorry for not being very talkative but i kinda agree with everything that smiley is saying, besides a jailkeeper and a roleblocker can absolutely coexist imo
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:29 am

Post by Black »

In post 2388, Gibdo wrote: I think Smiley is making way too much sense to be scum here. My town read on Grov started fading a bit after the D3 lim on Hu Tao anyway. I at least want to give Grovyle time after finals before I commit my vote there.
I agree that Smiley is making sense but that doesn't make him town

What is your read on DGB?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:06 am

In post 2389, Gypyx wrote: Sorry for not being very talkative but i kinda agree with everything that smiley is saying, besides a jailkeeper and a roleblocker can absolutely coexist imo
"coexist" both as town? in what world is that balanced or reasonable for a simple?

(also sorry but I just learned my biology final is today now LMAO so I'll be busy until Tuesday which is after my calculus final)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Black »

How did you not know you had a Biology final today what :lol:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:09 am

I don't think my play makes sense for scum here and I maintain that. The only "argument" against my slot is mech voodoo. Going by dayplay over mechplay is almost always the correct choice, for which DGB falls into the category of having the scummier. I'll point to the hu tao vote again, I clearly showed I played with info I had on hu tao and had they not claimed the role they did, they would have lived there. I don't get how it gets clearer than that that I have been playing this game like a town vanilla cop and its obnoxious that shitty setup spec is being used to discredit me.
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:10 am

In post 2392, Black wrote: How did you not know you had a Biology final today what :lol:
because I am silly and also the class has been extremely easy for me because its the same stuff I already studied in high school biology class plus a few extra things.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 8:26 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2389, Gypyx wrote: Sorry for not being very talkative but i kinda agree with everything that smiley is saying, besides a jailkeeper and a roleblocker can absolutely coexist imo
Again.

It's a
Simple.

In post 2, tris wrote: You are playing a Simple Normal game. These games are designed to provide a newbie-friendly and traditional mafia experience, with little focus on setup speculation. A small list of roles and modifiers are allowed in these games. Please check the wiki to learn more about Simple games, including which roles and modifiers can be in this game.
A traditional experience is precisely what you get with town having jk/vc/neighborizer- a protective, investigative, and communication role. Not so with doubling up on blocking roles and having the only investigation possibility be triple-gated by having to not just successfully block a kill but figure out which of the three possibilities occurred.

I suppose there's a potential possible world where that was actually a scumslip by Grovyle having not been on the same page as Nick about fakeclaims and referenced something they'd talked about, but the setup is not in favor of that. That'd mean we only have a rb and neighborizer, and that miight balance against 3 goons. But if Grovyle/Nick were scum they either took a risk claiming a jk on my slot when for all they knew I could have results which would disprove my having been blocked; or they actually got info on my slot to know I was vanilla, in which case scum is too powerful for a rb/neighborizer town.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:21 am

Post by DrNickRiviera »

I was getting real confused when you said I jailed you

I forgot you replaced Dan lol
HI EVERYBODY!
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:22 am

Post by DrNickRiviera »

I can go over in more detail why I jailed who I jailed if you want
HI EVERYBODY!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Black »

I just don't think Nick is scum here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 2398, Black wrote: I just don't think Nick is scum here
I was gonna say I feel like we have a good lim pool going forward, but really want some more from Gibdo here before I really commit to it
HI EVERYBODY!

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”