open 910 - a series of extremely codependent relationships i {game overrr)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by Sunflower »

i feel like drew and/or black should have had more consideration of enchant being towny and im not really sure why that never seemed to happen

idk maybe i should have challenged them to think about things more

:blossom:
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by Sunflower »

i still think bloodb0t on page 12 is positioning in a very scummy/appeasing way and i am curious on black's thoughts on this

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:08 pm

Post by Sunflower »

if drew is scum i respect the lack of fear about the called 1v1. no sense of wanting to back down a little or re-evaluate knowing that if he dies it's game over

i don't really know how drew's scum brain works but i think his posting feels like town mentality to me

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:18 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 302, mirrored wrote: There has been no new interest that has been expressed (not just stated, actually expressed with a vote) in any wagon. In other words, any serious interest. Based on this fact and my already described reads,
I will hammer
(bold in case someone TLDRs, this is not an actual vote) in 20 minutes and then end for the day unless anyone is online and wants to talk.
you recognized that there was no serious interest in any other wagon and hadn't been for a long time. did you consider the implications that this might have for WL's alignment?

mirrored
mirrored
he/him
Townie
mirrored
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by mirrored »

In post 318, Sunflower wrote:
In post 316, mirrored wrote:
In post 312, BloodB0t wrote: @mirrored do you still want to vote for sunflower after this flip?
I'm still open to it, in fact they're still the likeliest scum to me, but I'll see what happens next.

@Sunflower Am I still #1 on your SR list?

A more general, abstract question to everyone: Would you rather vote based on an individual read or a proposed scumteam? If the latter, how would you determine which of the two supposed partners to vote?
:sunny: both work to me, why does it matter to you
Just wanted to discuss voting philosophy and understand how people would vote here. I'm worried that people will SR two people based on a single interaction or a supposed scumteam strategy. I'd try to dissuade them because my own philosophy would be to vote the scummiest player. The prospect of how relatively strong each person's SRs are and compromise votes also has to be considered, especially before compromise becomes seriously proposed (often forced) in VoLo.
In post 322, Sunflower wrote: i think one of blood/black is scum but very likely not both
Is this based on interaction, voting or something else?
In post 322, Sunflower wrote: but i think you've positioned in a way that scum would
You yourself have been preparing for a wagon on me all game, and you've left your votes and reads completely open (and ready for arbitrary change as you might need) as shown in the same post (not quoted here).
In post 326, Sunflower wrote: i still think bloodb0t on page 12 is positioning in a very scummy/appeasing way and i am curious on black's thoughts on this

What do you think Blood's interactions with Drew and Black (mainly the former) on that page say?
mirrored
mirrored
he/him
Townie
mirrored
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:38 pm

Post by mirrored »

In post 328, Sunflower wrote:
In post 302, mirrored wrote: There has been no new interest that has been expressed (not just stated, actually expressed with a vote) in any wagon. In other words, any serious interest. Based on this fact and my already described reads,
I will hammer
(bold in case someone TLDRs, this is not an actual vote) in 20 minutes and then end for the day unless anyone is online and wants to talk.
you recognized that there was no serious interest in any other wagon and hadn't been for a long time. did you consider the implications that this might have for WL's alignment?

There were multiple people who would prefer voting someone else. I recall Black and myself. WL was a compromise for these people, and I felt I may have gotten them to consider changing if I shared my own opinion.

I honestly wasn't thinking much about the development of the wagons (which involved every player). But I wouldn't use that (not something that can be reliably analyzed) as a reason not to vote a scummy player especially when, as you yourself mentioned, no one else was interested in any other candidate. We could see a desperate push to 1v1 Drew. We couldn't know when the theoretical scum WL's partner was planning to switch wagons. In retrospect, I could see you as the theoretical scumpartner making a desperate push on another player; between the two partners, they would be trying to see if there could be any interest directed toward anyone else away from the doomed WL.

The question in your second question is good, though; you could ask it to everyone who voted WL.
mirrored
mirrored
he/him
Townie
mirrored
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:38 pm

Post by mirrored »

in your second line*
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:52 am

Post by Black »

In post 324, Sunflower wrote:
In post 224, Black wrote: I think we push WL through and analyze the situation after if the game doesn't end
whats your analysis

I haven't analyzed yet
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:54 am

Post by Black »

In post 325, Sunflower wrote: i feel like drew and/or black should have had more consideration of enchant being towny and im not really sure why that never seemed to happen

idk maybe i should have challenged them to think about things more

I considered it. I wasn't confident about them flipping scum
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:58 am

Post by Black »

In post 326, Sunflower wrote: i still think bloodb0t on page 12 is positioning in a very scummy/appeasing way and i am curious on black's thoughts on this

I can see it. It feels a little stiff. I think feels worse than his read on me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:02 am

Post by Black »

In post 280, Sunflower wrote: mirrored > black > drew > WL > bloodb0t > sunflower

In post 322, Sunflower wrote:
In post 316, mirrored wrote: @Sunflower Am I still #1 on your SR list?
i think one of blood/black is scum but very likely not both

Sunflower why does it seem like you're looking at Blood closer than me when I should be one of your top suspects

Can you talk about your read progression on blood
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:25 am

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny: i return to five notifications :3 something’s happening!!!!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:41 am

Post by Skygazer »

prodded BloodB0t and Doctor Drew
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:42 am

Post by Skygazer »

votecount 2.01

not voting
(5) - Black, Doctor Drew, Sunflower, mirrored, BloodB0t

with five alive, it takes three to twist it. day two ends in (expired on 2024-04-11 11:00:00).
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:38 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 329, mirrored wrote:
In post 322, Sunflower wrote: i think one of blood/black is scum but very likely not both
Is this based on interaction, voting or something else?
In post 322, Sunflower wrote: but i think you've positioned in a way that scum would
You yourself have been preparing for a wagon on me all game, and you've left your votes and reads completely open (and ready for arbitrary change as you might need) as shown in the same post (not quoted here).

What do you think Blood's interactions with Drew and Black (mainly the former) on that page say?
1) i don't think both black/blood are scum based on the way they have played around each other. i think going for the "we're both pocketing each other hehe" can be really good scumplay in this setup (recommended strategy for game 2!) but idk it doesn't feel like that here to me. maybe they pulled it off really well in which case props to them, but i think that narrative has been more on blood's side while black hasn't been as engaged. i guess im talking myself into thinking blood is more likely to be the scum there. i think they aren't both town bc idk i don't townread them and i hope my reads don't suck that much. i guess you/drew is potentially a plausible team but it doesn't feel right to me

2) i don't really disagree lol. i think that's like a fair read on things. it is completely irrelevant to what you've quoted, but that's fine, i don't really expect an attempt at refutation of that bc it's pretty vague

3) i was more interested in the interactions with black which i talked about a bit already. the waffley drew read is kinda whatever to me i can easily imagine either town or scum making that post

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:44 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 335, Black wrote:
In post 280, Sunflower wrote: mirrored > black > drew > WL > bloodb0t > sunflower

In post 322, Sunflower wrote:
In post 316, mirrored wrote: @Sunflower Am I still #1 on your SR list?
i think one of blood/black is scum but very likely not both

Sunflower why does it seem like you're looking at Blood closer than me when I should be one of your top suspects

Can you talk about your read progression on blood
i haven't really ever had much reason to suspect you i just haven't found a reason to townread you other

the stuff ive talked about from blood is like literally the first thing that ive found scummy from anyone besides mirrored all game so that put him much more on my radar

and when i reread the game yesterday i didn't really feel my original reasons for townreading him were very substantial

idk i think right now i feel like i need to find town and if you're town then i think you're more findable to me if i am giving you the room to be towny rather than pressuring

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:12 am

Post by Black »

In post 340, Sunflower wrote: i haven't really ever had much reason to suspect you i just haven't found a reason to townread you other
In post 340, Sunflower wrote: idk i think right now i feel like i need to find town and if you're town then i think you're more findable to me if i am giving you the room to be towny rather than pressuring
I haven't really been pressured at all this game and you still haven't found a reason to townread me so what makes you think that will change?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:13 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Apologies, didn't realize it had been so long.

Still at work though, will be back a little later
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:14 am

Post by Black »

I kinda want to fade Drew to honor the 1v1. I don't think he's been particularly townie
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:14 am

Post by Black »

The whole "I can't believe Black doesn't recognize my town game" isn't sitting right with me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:33 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 341, Black wrote:
In post 340, Sunflower wrote: i haven't really ever had much reason to suspect you i just haven't found a reason to townread you other
In post 340, Sunflower wrote: idk i think right now i feel like i need to find town and if you're town then i think you're more findable to me if i am giving you the room to be towny rather than pressuring
I haven't really been pressured at all this game and you still haven't found a reason to townread me so what makes you think that will change?
fair point tbh

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:50 am

Post by Sunflower »

I think mirrored is scummy- more on this in a bit - :sunny:
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny: hey, im back
mostly based on their belief that we should vote on who's the most scummy as opposed to partnered because that's just Horrible. we're in a LOVERS game, for scum it is SUBOPTIMAL to bus and therefore looking at interactions between players is a very good method of solving because there is no need for distancing where elimination requires all town members and there is no need to bus and put yourself at the risk of losing the game. on the other hand making cases on single people is EASY especially for scum to do

i do think the way they initially proposed that question was weird as hell! it looked like they were surveying the thread like to figure out what the best way of pushing a lim is
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:13 am

Post by Sunflower »

that was why i asked the quesiton, why it mattered to them. the response is good it just all feels weird
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:15 am

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny: i'm reluctant to believe that blood/mirrored are partners. it'd be funny if they were, especially with the dogs, but the main reason I'm more reluctant on this was because of the post where mirrored asks blood to vote with them

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”