Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Yosarian2 wrote:Pathetric: Want to explain why you think I'm scummy? You've said so like 5 times, but the only thing you've actually commented on about my play was my vote for Xtoxm, and even there you all you said was that you thought I was "streaching it" (which I really doubt; Xtoxm really just looks like a scum flailing around here to me) or that you didn't agree with me that scum want to claim vanillia townie (which, again, I don't get; isn't it obvious why scum "should" want to claim vanillia?)

Your early game pressure on Corio looked odd, if not necessarily scummy.

I don't like your response to Erratus Apathos voting you, quoting a few posts made by him in the random stage seems kind of cheap and just designed to make him look bad. I still fail to see why someone who's been pretty inactive apparently isn't allowed to critisise the contributions of an active player, in fact I can't really think how else they'd get into the game. Part of me still thinks there must be some basic misunderstanding on my part of the position you and Glork are putting forward here, because it seems ridiculous to me.

Already commented on your Xtoxm-vote. Not sure what else to say; if Xtoxm is town (which I personally give about an average chance, my other head gives a high chance), he's an easy target for scum, because he's played pretty sloppily, claimed too early, self voted, asked to be lynched, all kind of stuff that often gets you negative attention whether it's scummy or not. You joined the wagon on him for reasons I find unconvincing. For the record: why do you feel it's obvious that scum "should" want to claim vanilla? Plenty of scum claim poweroles.

I'll admit it's possible your thing about vanilla claims is throwing me off despite knowing your thoughts on the general strategy; if you didn't have a history of hating vanilla claimers I'd probably be on you for it, because pushing a lynch for easy and routine reasons like that tends to ping my scumdar (I realise that's not all your reasons, but it seems to be a decent part of it). Dahill, for example, doesn't give me a strong sense that he thinks Xtoxm is scum.

Glork, she hasn't. I scared her off it in that newbie game.
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

dahill1: 4 (Pathetric, charter, Coriolanus, Tuberkulos)
Xtoxm: 3 (Incognito, Yosarian2, dahill1)
Coriolanus: 2 (Glork, Assmaster)
Glork: 1 (Xtoxm)
Erratus Apathos: 1 (Rally Vincent)
Rally Vincent: 1 (Erratus Apathos)

Not Voting: 0
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Sim and Xtoxm not likely scum together. If Sim is scum I'm guessing he's snuggling up to a townie. I need to think about whether it being revealed as Sim means anything.
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Yeah, I'm working out the same thing. At least I have something to meta now. I'm thinking of going back to look at Communique if I have some time during the holidays.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Coriolanus »

now that i can meta, patrick, i might remind you to read the end of freedom force.
But for your son -believe it- O believe it-
Most dangerously you have with him prevailed
If not most mortal to him...
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Are you referring to stuff on you or Xtoxm? I know Xtoxm is a sloppy player if that's what you're getting at. Both of you being confirmed innocents there might throw it off a bit, too.
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Coriolanus »

i meant the post-game argument. the last time i had any interaction with xtoxm was an incredibly heated argument. so i think that it should be noted that xtoxm is an unlikely bedfellow.
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Coriolanus »

Glork wrote:Yeah, I'm working out the same thing. At least I have something to meta now. I'm thinking of going back to look at Communique if I have some time during the holidays.
192 posts in that game. you are going to find something if you look hard enough. and that game was over a year ago. a more relevant game is:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6236
in the middle of that game glork, you PMed me, writing "it's so obvious that you're scum." so that game should give you a boatload of information if you're serious about metagaming me.
patrick modded it, and ether was in it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Pathetric wrote: I don't like your response to Erratus Apathos voting you, quoting a few posts made by him in the random stage seems kind of cheap and just designed to make him look bad. I still fail to see why someone who's been pretty inactive apparently isn't allowed to critisise the contributions of an active player, in fact I can't really think how else they'd get into the game. Part of me still thinks there must be some basic misunderstanding on my part of the position you and Glork are putting forward here, because it seems ridiculous to me.
Basically, the argument EA made against me wasn't that my actions hurt the town; it was that he thought my actions weren't that helpful in finding scum (basically, that my posts had a low expected value to the town).

Now, that would be a reasonable argument if we were talking about a long period of time; if I spent most of day 1 doing posts that had a low expected value to the town instead of doing "real" scumhunting; then, one could make a valid argument that I wasn't being as pro-town as a townie should be, or something like that. However, if I'm doing something with a low expected value, while he (and most of the town; I wasn't really trying to single him out there) had only posts that basically had zero value, I would think it would invalidate that attack.

Or, to put it another way, "Yos is doing X instead of scumhunting" isn't a valid attack if no one else is really scumhunting yet either.

Already commented on your Xtoxm-vote. Not sure what else to say; if Xtoxm is town (which I personally give about an average chance, my other head gives a high chance), he's an easy target for scum, because he's played pretty sloppily, claimed too early, self voted, asked to be lynched, all kind of stuff that often gets you negative attention whether it's scummy or not.
I hate this kind of argument, personally. It's not just "stuff that gets you negitive attention". it's stuff that SHOULD get you negitive attention, because it's anti-town behavior.

Besides which, when he self voted, I actually kind of defended him, pointing out that self voting wasn't actually a reliable scumtell (even though it should be, but that's a different argument). I only voted him when he started acting really scummy.
You joined the wagon on him for reasons I find unconvincing.
Ok, let me explain again why I think he's scum.

First, he basically did nothing for the first 4 pages, not reacting to anything until he felt himself in danger.

I think he first felt himself to possibly be in danger here:
Assmaster wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:Now that was a waste of four pages.
You should put your vote on Xtoxm. -2 to lynch always kicks the game up a notch.
Glork wrote:Dibs on the hammah.

His response was the self vote.
Xtoxm wrote:Allow me

Unvote Vote Xtoxm
Could be a townie who was just playing around, but considering his later statement that
Xtoxm wrote:I wouldn't be adversed to hammering someone on page 4.
I don't really think he was. I think he was intentioanlly trying to deter people from voting him using a self vote, and that is scummy.

Glork responds to this by voting him, and putting him at -1 (which is the correct response to that kind of gambit, IMHO.)

Xtoxm then responds with an OMGUS vote on Glork, and he also, pointlessly, claims vanillia townie. He does this in an oddly subtle and nonchalant way (so subtle I didn't even notice it at first); if a real vanillia townie felt forced to claim, I'd expect him to actually claim in a clear way. Well, here, look at the post again.
Xtoxm wrote:I'm just mucking about, it's the random phase.

I think GLork's vote was pretty and opportunistic, I think he was hoping someone would hammer, with the fallback of "I was asking for it".

Unvote Vote Glork

VT btw.
This post bothers me in several different ways. If Xtoxm really thought he was in danger of being hammered here, why didn't he unvote before this post? At least if, as he later claimed:
Xtoxm wrote: Yeh, I also left my vote on for several hours just to prove you wrong on that front. I was here when you voted me. No one hammered though. I unvoted not to protect myself but because discussion had moved away from that and i'd found a good place to put my vote.
Why wouldn't he unvote himself during those "Several hours", if he really thought there was a risk someone would hammer? And if he knew there wasn't, why did he think Glork didn't know that? Did he think Glork was a moron or something?

And, like I said, the whole "VT btw" thing seems unbelievably non-chalant. If you think you are in danger of being lynched and feel you need to claim to try and prevent that, or to give the town needed information, or something, why would you do it like this? It just dosn't feel honest, feels more like he's trying to play a role of a cool, relaxed townie, if you know what I mean.

Finally, his response to me expressing dislike about his vanillia claim and me expressing a willingness to vote for me was, again, OMGUS, just like his response to Glork was. In what I can only assume is a delibrate misrepresentation of my post (I have to assume that, since he has steadfastedly refused to explain himself, even on threat of being lynched), he acted like my expression of frustration at his anti-town actions was somehow evidecne that I "knew he was town", or something. He then made this misleading statement:
Xtoxm wrote: The people i'm calling scummy are all voting me...
Even though the two people he's talking about, me and Glork, are both people he ONLY suspected AFTER they had attacked him.

Finally, he's basically done nothing to even try to help the town. None of his posts look like an honest attempt to find scum to me. He refuses to answer questions (with a useless response of "Fine, lynch me if you want, I'm town"), he acts in an anti-town way on several occasions, and he's just generally not being helpful.

Why is it I have to explain all of this, Patrick? What in his posts made you think he has only an "average chance" of being scum?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Coriolanus »

yos wrote:I think he was intentioanlly trying to deter people from voting him using a self vote, and that is scummy.
i agree with the first conclusion, but i don't follow the second. please explain this.

you later on make a point about playing a "cool" townie. how is this at all consistent with his self-vote? that is a massively risky move for townie or scum, if it was deliberate, as you claim.
Even though the two people he's talking about, me and Glork, are both people he ONLY suspected AFTER they had attacked him.
again i agree, and again i'm puzzled as to why this is scummy.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Coriolanus wrote:
yos wrote:I think he was intentioanlly trying to deter people from voting him using a self vote, and that is scummy.
i agree with the first conclusion, but i don't follow the second. please explain this.
Well...that kind of thing is basically a scum tactic, in my mind. Town who think they are in danger are more likely to meet their attackers head on, to demand to know why they are being voted, because they know that they are town and that anyone who suspects them is either wrong or scum, and either way they want to hear reasons.

Scum, on the other hand, are more likely to use mind games, emotions, and manipulative tricks (like this one) to avoid bandwagons, because they know the people voting for them are right, and so they really don't want to hear the reasons for them, they just want the wagons to go away. Scum tend to be less confident of their ability to honestly defend themselves against wagons.
you later on make a point about playing a "cool" townie. how is this at all consistent with his self-vote? that is a massively risky move for townie or scum, if it was deliberate, as you claim.
Hmm. Well...it's not easy to explain, exactally, it just seems like a put-on. Like he was trying too hard to look like "Hey, I'm just a vanillia townie, I've got nothing to hide"; whereas I don't think a real vanillia townie who was under enough pressure to feel he had claim would play like that.
again i agree, and again i'm puzzled as to why this is scummy.
Eh...in his post, I thought he was trying to make it sound like people were attacking him because he thought they were scummy, when actually the opposite was true. It seemed like he was trying to make himself look like the victim; again, another manipulative, scummy trick, IMHO.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

How am I sloppy Patrick?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Hmm. Despite what I've been saying, it bothers me how you've made three distinct filler posts whilst all this has been going on tonight. I can't think straight at this hour, will sleep on it and post tomorrow.

Patrick.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by charter »

Yosarian2 wrote:
charter wrote:I think Xtoxm is town
Why?
I don't understand why everyone always blows up when someone self-votes. I don't even remember the last time I saw scum do it when it wasn't a hammer to end the day short.
Yeah, that was why I said it was "anti-town but not really scummy". Claiming vanillia for no bloody reason, though, is INCREDIBLY anti-town, and on day 1 that by itself is almost enough reason to lynch someone (because they claimed vanillia, which a scum would do but a townie should never do; and because it's a safe lynch; and because it limits the number of day 1 claims). Combined with the other scummy behavior, and his refusal to answer simple questions, he really seems like the lynch at this point to me.
I just don't think what he's done is really that indicitive of scum (though I should have said "I don't think Xtoxm is scum" rather than calling him town). I agree it's not helpful though. I understand your points, but I just don't have a scum read from him.
Coriolanus wrote:
Plus, he's a safe lynch now that he's a claimed vanillia (he's either a vanillia or a scum), and if he gets lynched no one else has to claim, which protects the power roles.
exactly why i think he shouldn't be lynched today (although when i tried to verbalize that before glork shit his pretty little panties). he's got absolutely no information benefit; he's a sinkhole. so unless you've got a great reason for why he's scum, i see no reason to lead a bandwagon on him now. unless, of course, you're planning on getting him lynched. which is something that i really don't foresee unless xtoxm does something monumentally stupid.
I pretty much agree with this.
Incog wrote:About Yos2's Vanilla-claim-more-likely-coming-from-scum thing, I happen to agree with Patrithetic; in my experience, premature vanilla claims (from raw newbies at least) happen to be extremely reliable pro-town indicators and have in pretty much every instance I've seen have always come from town. Also, I've seen scum fake-claim pro-town power roles on D1 often enough that I used to give D1 Vanilla claims extremely high credence.
This is my experience lately too (and what I generally do as scum as well).

226 - I don't like Corio's extreme buddying up and apologizing for something he doesn't need to apologize about. Sounds like he just wants to please everybody.

I think Glork makes a solid case in 263. I'd also say something more along the lines of Corio wants to make it publicly known that he's here and 'scumhunting' when I don't see the need to make it this known to everyone.

MOTHERFUCKING BLUEHOST

Yos wrote:I don't really think he was. I think he was intentioanlly trying to deter people from voting him using a self vote, and that is scummy.
How do you figure? Shouldn't anyone, regardless of alignment, want to get votes off themselves? I ask because of a situation in an ongoing game where I don't hold the same opinion.

...And there it is. I disagree with your reasoning. I don't think that scum would do that to self vote. You know that if you self vote in such a situation (where you're under actual suspicion with a legitimate case building against you) that you're just going to increase that suspicion with a self vote. I think scum are less inclined to do so.

I still think dahill is scum. The only thing bothering me is dahill and Corio's interactions in the beginning. I almost want to pull one of the 'one of these two is scum' numbers, but I seem to remember thinking dahill was just doing it because others were. I'm going to take a closer look at EA and RV, both of whom are sitting pretty with their votes harmlessly on each other (RV especially).
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by charter »

FoS RV, for not even knowing two thirds of the players in this game exist.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by charter »

Maybe I should follow that up.
RV, what do you think of those voting for Xtoxm? What do you think of those voting dahill? What do you think of EA currently?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

charter wrote: How do you figure? Shouldn't anyone, regardless of alignment, want to get votes off themselves?
Of course, but scum are more likely to feel the need to use manipulative tactics like to do so.

Also, dosn't that question pretty much directly contradict what you say right here?
I don't think that scum would do that to self vote. You know that if you self vote in such a situation (where you're under actual suspicion with a legitimate case building against you) that you're just going to increase that suspicion with a self vote. I think scum are less inclined to do so.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by charter »

I don't see a contradiction.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Incognito »

Sorry that I haven't posted for a bit. I haven't had access at home for the past two days (that's been resolved now), and I spent the limited time I had at work yesterday catching up to another game (Patrick,
help me
with that, plz).

I was able to do a few quick reads into some of dahill1's recently finished town games, and my general feeling is his play here doesn't feel all that dissimilar from the play that I've read in those games. His posting rate feels about the same, and I did notice a general tendency for him to sheep off of other players' votes in those games. The caveat to this is there isn't really much of a gold standard to compare this to since the only completed scum game I was able to find of his was one of his much earlier games on here, and I'd think a lot may have changed in his playstyle from this point until then. Right now though, I'm thinking he might just be weird town, and I probably wouldn't support his lynch today.

I'm also slightly miffed by the apparent double standard that has seemed to exist in this game -- dahill1 has seemed to receive a good deal of flak for sheeping off of other players in this game but Assmaster, a player who has done similar in my opinion, hasn't even gotten a mention by anyone.

What exactly is the difference between dahill1's behavior in this game and Assmaster's behavior?

I don't agree with Assmaster's FoS of Pathetric; I think Ether's play here has been more consistent with her town play, while Patrick has fallen into more readable behavior as of recent, therefore I'm leaning towards thinking Pathetric is likely town at this time.

Assmaster, could you please respond to this:
Incognito, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1407571#1407571]in my 138[/url], wrote:
What exactly do you think is wrong with my reasoning? Also, what do you mean by "hand waving"?
Xtoxm already provided an answer to the second question, but I didn't notice if you responded to the first one.

Coriolanus's reveal as Simenon really bothers me as I know Simenon is an experienced player and therefore I'm really questioning what it was he was trying to get at earlier when he mentioned that the lack of Glork death "really disappointed" him.

Simenon, how much experience do you have playing with Xtoxm? Are you in any way basing your read of him in this game off of the single Freedom Force game that the two of you played together? What was it about Xtoxm's reactions make you think he's "obviously town" as you mentioned below?:
Coriolanus, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1409216#1409216]in his 179[/url], wrote:because i think his reactions, while being very bad, seem obviously townie to me, and as i said before there is absolutely no reason to rehash this wagon unless you genuinely want xtoxm dead today. xtoxm is a dead end unless you want the day to end now.
Also about this:
Coriolanus, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1410254#1410254]in his 226[/url], wrote:i admit that i haven't really considered vincent and incog, and that is probably a mistake of mine. but i think on the whole those players were not worth engaging.
Why do you feel like I'm a player not worth engaging?

I need to read the more recent stuff a bit deeper when I get a chance later today. Does anyone have any questions for me or anything though? I'm finding myself having to create my own content in this game so far, and I'm not really sure how I feel about that.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Coriolanus
Coriolanus
Townie
Coriolanus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Coriolanus »

i am still selectively replying to comments which are easiest to reply to. and this account is called "Coriolanus", not "Simenon"
226 - I don't like Corio's extreme buddying up and apologizing for something he doesn't need to apologize about. Sounds like he just wants to please everybody.
i don't have anything to apologize for, except that i haven't been perceptive enough. this is not a charge that glork leveled against me, though, so it can't be counted as "buddying up."
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

Pathetric wrote: @RV, vote could easily be on Glork or Yos2 instead, not really seeing why number of mentions in the summary should equate to how suspicious we are of each of them (which is very close between the 3). What's your opinion of Corio? Are you going to respond to the guy you're voting?
I didn't reply because I wanted to see if he would insist on an answer or not. Up until now, it didn't seem to bother him. He is convinced enough to vote and pressure me, but then he doesn’t follow it up. Makes me wonder, why. But since you now mentioned it, I might as well. EA considered it a defense of Yosarian, while it was a mere reaction to him "not liking Yosarians contributions", which in fact I didn't see as something not to like.

Dealing with Coriolanus later.

charter wrote:Maybe I should follow that up.
RV, what do you think of those voting for Xtoxm? What do you think of those voting dahill? What do you think of EA currently?
I don’t have a read on Incognito yet. I think
Yosarian is okay, but kinda stuck with Xtoxm. I agree that Xtoxm didn’t do well - yet I don’t think he is scum due to the other game we played. He looked incredible scummy there, too, but he was merely not willing to defend himself. I also disagree with Yosarian’s “lynch claimed VT” no-matter-what policy in this particular case. I’d rather lynch someone that appears to be more suspicious (if there is), and only lynch Xtoxm unless we find someone else, but not to end the day now because Xtoxm did his thing.
Dahill isn’t that scummy to me. Sheeping aside, it’s rather difference in playing style if someone tends to be rather quiet (like me) or voices himself even if he has not much different to add. At least on Day One, I don’t see it necessarily as scummy.

Considering EA, see the above.

More to come, dinner’s ready and it is Christmas.
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Xtoxm wrote:How am I sloppy Patrick?
This impression comes from the fact that when I played against you and you were scum, you confessed early, and that in games I've read with you as town, you've tended to vote very hastily and make long strings of posts without seemingly putting much thought into them.

What was the point of your last 3 posts in this game? D'you have any thoughts on what's been happening?

Patrick.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Rally Vincent wrote: Yosarian is okay, but kinda stuck with Xtoxm.
How is this a bad thing? If I think the Xtoxm wagon is good, I'll focus on that. Esepecally since I don't think much of the other two wagons.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:05 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

dahill1 wrote:so you're voting me for a faulty argument over posting in games/MD?
I'm voting you because you have been vauge with what you mean. I've intepreted your posts in a totally different manner than you wanted them to be.

You didn't say: "I agree with this post!"
You didn't say: "I don't agree with this post!"

You could come here and tell us that you meant something completely different than we (in this case I) thought you meant. Now, you have to agree that it isn't so strange that someone (in this case I) read your post as you agree with Glork.

I'm not voting you for a faulty argument. I'm voting you for an argument that I think is true.

I'll be away for atleast 3 days. 5 tops!
Rally Vincent
Rally Vincent
Goon
Rally Vincent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Rally Vincent »

[continue from my last post]
@Pathetric:
My guess right now is that Coriolanus is scum. I wouldn't have a problem with lynching someone else then Xtoxm if that player is a more promising lynch - yet, if we don't find some, an Xtoxm lynch will at least prevent that we'd have to deal with his self-vote etc. again on Day 2. But Coriolanus is so reluctant to lynch Xtoxm today
at all
. I'm beginning to think he'd like to Xtoxm around on Day 2 as a bait.

@Charter:
Pathetric is somewhat a mystery to me. I have to say that I'm not really fond of that double-heading, especially if I read something about the other head disagreeing on something. That would be pretty neat to relativize statements. Yet, I didn't see anything particular scummy up to now.
Tuberkolos' vote on dahill seems all right if you follow his line of argumentation. I don't agree with him that it doesn't make a difference if something was posted or done in a game or elsewhere per se - it depends on the content/action and it's comparability and/or intent of that other.

Now, as clearly nobody wants to vote EA, and the deadline grows near, I
unvote:
vote: Coriolanus

Charter, you based your vote on dahill on his reaction to what he thought was a hammer by glork initially. What would have been your reaction if dahill had gone wild and shouting all over the place?

Xtoxm, who is your number 2 suspect besides glork?

Yosarian2 wrote:
Rally Vincent wrote: Yosarian is okay, but kinda stuck with Xtoxm.
How is this a bad thing? If I think the Xtoxm wagon is good, I'll focus on that. Esepecally since I don't think much of the other two wagons.
I didn't say it is a bad thing. I just think that you focus too much on Xtoxm, even as he isn't willing to defend himself any further. Either we lynch him or not, but for now he is dealt with. We could still use the remaining time for other things.
Show
The youths who frequent picture palaces
have no need for psychoanalysis.
And though Dr. Freud
is distinctly annoyed
they cling to their long-standing fallacies.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”