Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

I didn't think they are a pr. I thought they are a scum pretending to not know vt role to use the way of worded pms to act as such. It felt like a performance.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 849, Prism wrote: "It probably gave us clues" is one of the most abstract reasons I've seen to rationalize a wrong vote.
There was no logic for a town player to play the way they did. yet I could rationalize their play as a scum motivated play in many different ways. So I dont regret the wagon. The day phase was the worst for getting content out of people, so I wanted a wagon formed on a slot I was sure I cant get more out of and I thought had a decent chance of being scum.

I litteraly cant vibe with any of your reasoning for why you were thinking they were town. Is there a meta reason regarding hu and their play or is there something else I'm missing? cause you were dead silence for second half of the day where that wagon was pushed to fruition and my case on it
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I don't think Hu Tao was a bad flip. If she'd been left alive we would still want to lim her on later days. I do think we can get useful VCA from her flip. (I haven't read most twilight).

Also, I agree with Prism that it was obvious if she were town she were a VT. Still she was never getting out of the PoE for me and right now my gameplan is to have 6 locktowns on Day 2 and kill the rest so I don't mind her lim.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:07 pm

Post by Prism »

One of these scenarios requires extreme creativity and out-of-the-box thinking because it is
unique to this specific game's
VT PM. The other scenario is that someone literally just doesn't know if they're a backup PR or not because it's not obvious from the PM.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Post by Prism »

I already explained why I didn't intervene on Hu Tao. The full reasoning outs they are a VT: I burned two out of seven posts explaining an alternative ground. Maybe you should read 848.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 853, Prism wrote: One of these scenarios requires extreme creativity and out-of-the-box thinking because it is
unique to this specific game's
VT PM. The other scenario is that someone literally just doesn't know if they're a backup PR or not because it's not obvious from the PM.
Not really. its super easy to perform as you dont get anything about game, your own role pm, the general mafia games at all (cause everyone knows in almost all games a sample role pm is posted) and it was well into them trying to appear as they are lost entirely

Maybe I'm just the type to give so much credit to people when its not deserved but I explained why I thought their entire being lost thingy was a performance before in a large wall post and I'm not gonna go over that again.

Whats your read on auriel and klick?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:11 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Kinda feeling Sunflower and Von Payne are scum by VCA.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:11 pm

Post by Prism »

Virtually none, haven't gone indepth on Aureal. Klick is unimpressive this game, virtually every read I've disagreed with.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by Sunflower »

hi im here

:blossom:
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Haven't put a lot of thought into it yet but that's what my gut says.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by Prism »

For reference I haven't been able to use my laptop on this game in ~3 days, which is why no one has gotten an in-depth quote response. Every post I've made has been from the streets, the subway, or a bar.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:15 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 856, DragonEater70 wrote: Kinda feeling Sunflower and Von Payne are scum by VCA.
Thank god we aren't in the last phase since all I have to say to this is....

lol

-Drew
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:15 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 857, Prism wrote: Virtually none, haven't gone indepth on Aureal. Klick is unimpressive this game, virtually every read I've disagreed with.
It's really weird because I agree with you about disagreeing about Klick's every read. I have no fucking clue why he's town reading me all of a sudden.

There's a world where Prism is town and Klick is scum huh
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:16 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 860, Prism wrote: For reference I haven't been able to use my laptop on this game in ~3 days, which is why no one has gotten an in-depth quote response. Every post I've made has been from the streets, the subway, or a bar.
Prism is a scum in the streets, but town in the sheets

-Drew
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

posts 653 and 669 are making me feel .... some stuff ... and I think these are somehow alignment indicative on these two slots, yet I dont wanna call it even leans in either direction yet

also von's switch on hu saying he agrees on his hu's read and then dunns push on gimli on twilight feels a bit tickly to me in certain ways but I dont wanna call it a lean yet either.

I will try to iso read few slots later today
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

His scumread of me was bad
But his townread of me is even worse??? He's townreading me for extremely stupid reasons, and it's possible he's just scum and decided to townread me because I'm a vocal voice this game and he knows doing it will get him TR'd by Gimli.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:40 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 836, Prism wrote: Sunflower should get flipped. I unvoted because I was irritable from too much caffeine and figured I expected too much from fire. Jupiter's partner read was blatantly wrong and fire should have put their foot down. ButI was willing to ignore it.

fire's read was bad for several reasons, but the primary one is this: The missing item from my early posting is every bit of tonal nuance that I spent half a decade engineering to be near-universally townread. The cuts are intentional and NAI at worst.

Still, I thought I demanded too much of fire. But he should have spent substantial time wondering what was wrong. fire is very interested in reversing thought processes like that. But fire didn't: he took my unvote as passing a vibecheck, and seems to have thought no further. I typed this before a p-edit, and what do you know, fire appears to have said it was a reaction test.
i think you completely misunderstood what i was talking about but i am aware that i explained it pretty poorly. the issue wasn't the lack of tone or the usual things you use to get townread. i agree that is if anything town-indicative. my issue was with the underlying mindset and the way you were approaching the game as a whole, which i think is kind of hard to quantify, but it's best reflected in the way you approached the read on dragon

i also did think that jupiter's team read of you + hu tao was blatantly wrong but you don't know me as well as you think you do if you believe that i would put my foot down on that and tell him no

i was also aware that regardless of your alignment you thought my argument was bad. i was aware that you would think that before i posted it. i think i literally said this in the post. you telling me to revisit didn't really change anything. my initial read on that post was that it didn't make sense if you were actually trying to tell me to revisit because you should know that wouldn't change anything. i was continually revisiting already and still am and saying "your argument sucks" is like. yeah i know that

so it looked like you were either reaction testing, or trying to make it look like a reaction test. i voted partly bc jupiter told me to and partly bc i was reminded of a similar situation where i came at aristeia with a mostly gut read based around her positioning but very weakly explained (and i was similarly aware of it) and then she tore it apart and then i felt dumb and backed off and hey she was scum. so i felt idk brave for a moment and wanted to signal to you that i didn't care if you thought my argument was trash, i still thought you were scum. and also i wanted to convey that i was annoyed you still didn't answer my question

after that i did continue thinking about it more and became less confident. i still think you are decent likelihood of scum but i want to flip gimli right now and go from there. i didn't talk about my read on you that much with jupiter recently at least since we were talking about other stuff but i do think that the way you approached the interrogation of him here is pretty suspect. i think it's pretty clear that you already knew the trajectory you wanted the argument to take and if that's the case then i don't think it makes any sense to act as if you initially were less sure on the read and then it progressed. what specific new information did you gain that made you go from having us at 4th priority to 1st priority? im pretty sure you knew basically everything that jupiter said already
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:42 pm

Post by Sunflower »

"seems to have thought no further" is crazy

like you can't possibly believe that would be true

and you're better than taking me not talking about it much with jupiter as evidence for that

:blossom:
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

:sunny: SPEAK YOUR TRUTH
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by JupiterXV »

I'm going to actuyally cry.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Sunflower »

sigh
i gotta go to bed soon but im gonna return to actiondans case and yell about it briefly cuz i hated that
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Sunflower »

-jupiter
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum