Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@dahill in 1094: I have no kill that I know of (I won't discount the idea that one of my Dreams may involve a kill, but the previous ones stuck with rule altering, so I kinda doubt it). However, given that neutral generally = SK under normal circumstances, I can't discount your claim except with one small thing. How likely is it, even in a Mind Screw game, that we have a scum group, a cult, and 2 SKs? I'm not seeing it is all that likely, but it is ultimately up to you.

in 1098: how do origin claims hurt the town? I think it somewhat unlikely that Tar, even in a Mind Screw game, would put in a role that needs a mass origin claim to win, and a punisher designed to prevent origin claims from happening. Of course, the possibility of me being the punisher exists if you don't belive my claim, but giving me both Dreams actions and punisher powers, especially when the mod himself was a power-claim punisher himself, seems off to me.

Also, Dreams of Reality are inherently neutral in their unpredictability. Since I don't know what they do (though I have some inkling based on the flavor that TehVariable provided), I cannot accurately predict whether my actions will help or hurt the town (or do something completely irrelevent). If that makes you want me lynched, so be it, but I have nothing to gain by lying now, since I have been outed and it is pretty much just up in the air whether I die now or tomorrow (or, on the off chance I get lucky, am left alive and allowed to leave on my own 8-) ).
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Kairyuu wrote:in 1098: how do origin claims hurt the town? I think it somewhat unlikely that Tar, even in a Mind Screw game, would put in a role that needs a mass origin claim to win, and a punisher designed to prevent origin claims from happening. Of course, the possibility of me being the punisher exists if you don't belive my claim, but giving me both Dreams actions and punisher powers, especially when the mod himself was a power-claim punisher himself, seems off to me.
they give scum inside of others' roles which could somehow help them
also, most games whether they be tar games or not usually have some back-up if the town decides to claim early in the game. that being said, that's not the main part of the role worrying me since you can still win after you die, as you said.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm sorry, I saw a few opportunities to irritate Kairyuu that I couldn't afford to miss.
Kairyuu wrote:@dahill in 1094: I have no kill that I know of (I won't discount the idea that one of my Dreams may involve a kill, but the previous ones stuck with rule altering, so I kinda doubt it).
So, you have no kill that you know of, but one of your dreams may involve a kill? That's so reassuring. Not.
Kairyuu wrote:Also, Dreams of Reality are inherently neutral in their unpredictability.
So what's the use of keeping you??? Remind me.
Kairyuu wrote:...but I have nothing to gain by lying now, since I have been outed...
That's debatable. Maybe you're lying about having nothing to gain by lying, too.

That was fun. Thanks for humoring me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by populartajo »

TBH, I really think kair is fighting quite hard to be scum. He is probably what he says with some lies involved to prevent some hate lynch. Dont know what to make of him and if it benefits us more than scum.
That said, I still think DGB is useless lynch acording to Pesco unless sheo is the cult leader and is recruiting like crazy using that ability as a backup for possible tracker/watcher roles.
Has is apparently not reading the thread or is reading things he only likes and that post where he threw shit to almost everyone without thinking it very much.
FOS: Has

Kin is making me wonder. I mean, he is usually a more reasonable guy.
FOS: Kin

Xyl and dahill are like I also have a bad feeling about them but I cant explain why. It is prob the way they pushed my claim. So meh, not too much to say about them.
Now that not reading the thread is an apparent null tell, there are a lot of players that are going under the radar. MM, malthusis, Zaz, hp, Electra come to mind.
Also I noticed that there are 3 hidden votes in the Cephir wagon. Any guesses?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Ok. DGB, I've decided that I like you. You're actually pretty funny now that I've figured out that this is really the way you play all the time (been reading your wiki).

Only thing I can respond to there is that your use for keeping me is to keep from wasting a lynch that you could use catching actual scum. :P

Also, the fact that your post came without a vote is shocking, and if it wasn't simply a mistake I may be forced to unvote you due to having read you wrong. *gasp*
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Currently these two are at the top of list:

1. ZaZieR - Has made about 65 posts throughout the site since the game started, and only has 2 posts in this game. Worst intentional lurker in this game.
Vote: Kairyuu
(ZaZieR)

2. Kairyuu - I cannot trust an admitted liar, especially considering the mind screw nature of this game.
FoS: Malthusis
(Kairyuu)

I wouldn't mind lynching either, but prefer ZaZieR over Kairyuu since Kairyuu is a more likely kill target.
The end justifies the means.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Umm. M-M, the FOSs don't move. I believe that this has been covered several times aready. Also, because I'm a nice guy and don't want people lynching under false pretenses, :P I am not a likely kill target given two things. 1. I'm too easy of a lynch for the scum, and 2. even if I'm not lynched I ditch later on anyway.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

(11)
tajo, I'm totally reading the thread. I just don't trust you at all. I don't trust your ultimate condition, and if we don't lynch scum, you'll just continue sliding by, which I do not like at all.

Also, I have no clue which post you're talking about and I can't tell why you don't like it either. Because I'm not thinking about anything and not reading the thread and accusing everyone? really? I'm pretty sure that in no posts did I attack everyone. I just pointed out my thoughts on certain people. Main thoughts about the ones I think are better targets, but also slight suspicions on people I may want to look at later. Why is that suspicious? Because I'm still suspicious of you?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Looks I've been victimized by the mind screw as well,
unFoS: Malthusis, FoS: Kairyuu
The end justifies the means.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Stef »

The choice today i guess is between Kai and Taj. I'm leaning towards Kai for today because:
- He has lied before and we have no reason to believe him now
- Even if we do believe him now he might end up hurting the town and with a cult out there i don't think we can afford having a loose thread out there like Kai.
kai wrote: I have no kill that I know of
So because you
don't know
if you have a kill then we should just have faith in a self-aligned role and let you live? Why would that be good for the town?
kai wrote: How likely is it, even in a Mind Screw game, that we have a scum group, a cult, and 2 SKs? I'm not seeing it is all that likely, but it is ultimately up to you.
Setup speculation like that is pointless in a MS game. We have no guarantee that there actually is a scum-group. The only thing we're sure of is a cult, one or more SK's, town-aligned roles and self-aligned roles. The only thing we're sure you're not is town-aligned. Why should we let you live again? It would give us more info and remove a threat to the town.

I see no reasons to keep you alive.
I see good reasons to lynch you today.
vote: Malthusis
(Kairyuu)
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by veerus »

Why are you going after a player most agree is a neutral? Whatever his abilities are, they affect everyone. Let's try and lynch scum instead.

We have a lot of lurkers still. If you all really want to do a policy lynch, let's lynch a lurker instead.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"Though the outcome favored the few, it led to a confrontation at the home of the gods."

You PASS the First Mod Deadline Review. Keep it up, people! - Tar

The Thirty-First Vote Count (aka the "Continuation!" Vote Count)

2) Kinetic/Context (0) - Kairyuu
3) DrippingGoofball (1)
4) veerus (0)
5) malthusis (0) - hasdgfas, Stef
6) Kairyuu (2) - Machiavellian-Mafia
7) ZazieR (1)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0)
9) dahill1 (0)
10) TehVariable (0)
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0)
12) qwints (0)
16) ShadowGirl (0)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0) - hasdgfas
20) populartajo (1)
21) Pesco47 (0)
22) Stef (0)
23) Cephrir (0)
24) Xylthixlm (0)
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) Electra (0)
27) Vi (0)
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (0)

Not Voting (18): Kinetic, DrippingGoofball, veerus, malthusis, ZazieR, dahill1, TehVariable, hp [leaves], qwints, ShadowGirl, Seraphim, populartajo, Pesco47, Cephrir, Xylthixlm, StrangerCoug, Electra, Vi

Votes required to lynch:
????

FoS Count:

2) Kinetic/Context (1) - Kairyuu
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) veerus (0)
5) malthusis (0)
6) Kairyuu (1) - Machiavellian-Mafia
7) ZazieR (0)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (1) - populartajo
9) dahill1 (0)
10) TehVariable (0)
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0)
12) qwints (0)
16) ShadowGirl (0)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0)
20) populartajo (0)
21) Pesco47 (0)
22) Stef (0)
23) Cephrir (0)
24) Xylthixlm (0)
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) Electra (0)
27) Vi (0)
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (0)

Not FoS'ing (21): Kinetic, DrippingGoofball, veerus, malthusis, ZazieR, hasdgfas, qwints, ShadowGirl, Seraphim, Seraphim Stef, Cephrir, Xylthixlm, StrangerCoug, Electra, Vi

Current Deadline:
????
Second Mod Deadline Review:
????

End Point of Order!
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

pop, you have NO CHOICE now.

Put up or shut up. Vote Kair because he is most likely going to be the lynch and that means you need to be voting him now.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I'm up for a Kairyuu lynch, for reasons already stated.

populartajo should vote.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Vi »

Rereading the last eight pages, I'm not at all against a tajo lynch... But before joining the madding crowd, let me see if I can get a hole in the plot filled before I go further.

@mod: What constitutes an "anti-Town" role?

An anti-town role is a role that is a member of an anti-town faction (an alignment faction other than the town that becomes the sole victor should it fulfill its win condition).

Mafia, Cult, and SK are always members of anti-Town factions. Survivors, most Jesters, and most Lynchers are not. - Tar
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Stef »

veerus wrote:Why are you going after a player most agree is a neutral? Whatever his abilities are, they affect everyone. Let's try and lynch scum
instead.

We have a lot of lurkers still. If you all really want to do a policy lynch, let's lynch a lurker instead.
How is he neutral? He is most likely self-aligned. I wouldn't go so far as to call him neutral. How are most players agreeing that he's neutral and that we shouldn't go after him?

As far as the "whatever his abilities are, they affect everyone"... if we would follow this line of thought we should let SK's live. They affect everyone as well.

How is this a policy lynch? Also, at this stage of the game, due to lots of lurkers, i'd prefer getting them to post rather than lynching them since policy lynches on lurkers with so many of them would ruin the game and be stupid especially since there's a good chance we'd end up killing a townie without learning much due to us lynching a player who hasn't shown any connections.

Your last post is very interesting. Logical fallacy, anti-town suggestion, assumptions that can barely be called facts..

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Alrighty then. I just did a rundown of everyone commenting on lynching me or not. Based on everyone's voiced opinions, it seems to be a 50/50 split, with 8 people wanting me dead, and 8 people seeing how useless lynching me is. That's 16/22 players chiming in, which leaves 6 players who have said nothing since I Seraphim outed me, Seraphim included. He stopped in to clarify his ability, and then went away again.

We definitely need to hear more from the lurkers, since without them we won't know if my lynch is actually feasible at this point (I won't self-vote, because I wanna see what Endless Eight does just as much as TehVariable ('cept I wanna stay alive passed that to use two more and show you guys I wasn't lying 8-) ).

Oh yeah, Happy Scumday DGB!
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:40 am

Post by Stef »

EBWOP: That can barely be called fact*

FoS: Veerus

Also, your lastest suspect list had Cephir and Seraphim on it. Cephir has been confirmed as townie and Seraphim, although he hasn't contributed much to the game yet, has proven Kai has lied. You believe Tajo's claim and you don't think Kai should be lynched.

Who are your suspects? Who would you want to see lynched?

TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:40 am

Post by TehVariable »

Wow, we actually made it to a deadline review! I'm going to ignore the fact we've lynched two people so far. Well, "lynched" one. I'm still amazed Ceph was town. Has Tar called any new rules since Kai realized he could use his action now? I wanna keep him alive long enough to see that, at least. Also, has tajo really said much worth noting lately? I don't really remember much from him. As in, I remember more from Shadowgirl, and that's rather difficult to do.

Also, given cow voted two people in the same post, that's probably tantamount to admitting he's our doublevoter.

[quote="veerus"
Why are you going after a player most agree is a neutral? Whatever his abilities are, they affect everyone. Let's try and lynch scum instead.
[/quote]

Well, the LAST time we left a neutral alive in a Mind Screw game we got screwed. I'm still debating my stance on Kairyuu and want to see what this ability does, to the extent we can.

Not much to say really...I was kinda sure that Ceph would show scum :S.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:41 am

Post by populartajo »

Prob V/LA since today until after Christmas, maybe more.
Unvote Vote : malthusis.
In case you need it. Still thinking he is not optymal and that there is no need to rush things when a lot of people arent even posting.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

I don't have enough time to post and don't want to be prodded.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Don't quite know who to go after in the midst of all these prod-countering posts.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

<3 Kairyuu - thanks for the scumday wishes! I like yearly reminders of one of the most embarrassing moments of my life, like the one when I joined this site.

unvote, vote: malthusis

FOS: malthusis
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:43 am

Post by dahill1 »

posting this in all games i'm in:
Limited Access due to winter vacation until probably about Jan. 5th
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Happy scumday, DGB.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”