Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:49 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 169, Von Payne wrote:
In post 163, Sunflower wrote: i think his making confident reads off very limited and incomplete meta understanding, and the self-absorbed way that he interpreted gimli's entrance, both are pretty towny from him though so eh

:blossom:
Why do you think the meta stuff is townie? It seems like an easy read for scum to make. When given pushback on the read they can just say "it's just how I feel" and keep the fake read going

~B
it feels like the way his brain works as town

he does do exactly what you describe as scum on early confident reads, but i haven't really seen him take this specific brand of approach. and i don't think it's that useful to bc it's bad process which will draw attention, and not very convincing to anyone

Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:54 am

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

User Sunflower what do you think about users Kyoko and Klick
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:57 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 173, Gimli wrote: are you suggesting that my expectation that you provide reads was me meta'ing you?
It felt like it, yes. When you say things like "I thought you'd have reads" and "I expect Black as a townie to act like this", I view that as a meta read
In post 173, Gimli wrote: I didn't want to go over my early posts at you further since you started to engage, but I disliked your entrance not just for being much dream speculation but for being too agreeable on top of it. its not meta the same way you're discussing my meta with DE. my read wasn't robotic the way you took for anyway.
How is too agreeable? That's the only post I made before you voted for me

~B
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:59 am

Post by Sunflower »

user catgirl i have no thoughts on klick. on kyoko i thought the bit about reading alignment into people's guesses as to what the dreams mean felt a little forced, but not really a strong feeling

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:59 am

Post by Klick »

In post 156, DragonEater70 wrote:Wow is this going to be the first time that I vote Klick and it's NOT a reaction test?
No
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:59 am

I have all 3 of you as town
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:00 pm

That is all
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by Klick »

I laughed for at least a solid minute at the 'townpilled' conversation
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:02 pm

Also Prism likes hairballs apparently.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:04 pm

that doesn't particularly mean anything I'm just spiteful because they disagree with me.
Disagreeing with me isn't wrong or anything I just feel like being spiteful :evil:
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 184, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: Disagreeing with me isn't wrong or anything
i disagree

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Von Payne »

I just noticed something after looking at Gimli's ISO
In post 51, DragonEater70 wrote:
I just finished a game with scum Gimli and he was trying very hard to pocket basically the entire playerlist
(and succeeding in no small degree), but not really solving. Here I can feel that he wants to solve.
The difference is day and night.
I am simply going to treat Gimli as mod-confirmed town.
Gimli's posts up until that point:

Spoiler: bloop
In post 12, Gimli wrote:forst
In post 40, Gimli wrote: I agree with dial, vi and sheeple
In post 46, Gimli wrote:
In post 43, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 31, Aureal wrote: Wow, I was gonna come RVS vote Gimli because I have good information that he's Kira, but apparently I need to figure out setup stuff instead? :?
How is figuring setup stopping you from rvs voting

let me help there
VOTE: Gimli

as for dreams I think I like the slide one, sheep people one and car one

hello all. been a while :shifty:
hey shifty

im townreading your entrance, is that too horrible?
In post 48, Gimli wrote: ok we're towning

what do you think of DE?
In post 52, Gimli wrote: I'm also locktowning DE
In post 55, Gimli wrote:
In post 53, Ydrasse wrote: NO ONE locktown. malice only
are you fearing the townbloc, ydrasse?

or maybe you want to join?

Am I the only one that feels like this is an exaggerated and possibly fake read? Where is the solving? Where is the lack of pocket attempts? Am I missing something here?

~B
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:06 pm

In post 185, Sunflower wrote:
In post 184, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: Disagreeing with me isn't wrong or anything
i disagree

that's it, you're getting a hairball in your taco
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:08 pm

Post by Sunflower »

i initially thought the read seemed so backwards that it must be him fishing for reactions by saying something obviously untrue to see who noticed

but i think that his thought process of "i jokingly called gimli town and he ignored me and so therefore he isn't trying to pocket me and so therefore he's trying to solve me and so therefore he's town" is like such a patented dragoneater brain thought pattern that it seems more believable to me

Silver Ravens
Silver Ravens
Goon
Silver Ravens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

Post by Silver Ravens »

In post 173, Gimli wrote:
In post 170, Von Payne wrote:
In post 166, Sunflower wrote: let's all just agree that everyone is playing very different than usual this game and we can ignore meta completely

In post 168, Sunflower wrote: unshackle yourselves from the burden of past expectations and past lives. forget everything you knew. release the weight from your shoulders. join me and together we can experience mafia in its purest form. no past. no future. only dreams.

I get meta'd in every game I play in and it's already happened this game so while I appreciate your movement and would love to join, I lack faith that we can change the world :lol:

~B
are you suggesting that my expectation that you provide reads was me meta'ing you?

I didn't want to go over my early posts at you further since you started to engage, but I disliked your entrance not just for being much dream speculation but for being too agreeable on top of it. its not meta the same way you're discussing my meta with DE. my read wasn't robotic the way you took for anyway.
In response to the bolded, you previously wrote this:
In post 113, Gimli wrote:
In post 109, Silver Ravens wrote:
Why do you think they would have reads? Show your thought process.
I expect black as a townie to speculate not only on mech but also on people

having black's entrance being solely agreeable mech talk (and I agree with maria on the futility of these conversations in a broad sense even tho I will partake them), did not feel like a towny entrance, hence my vote.
This is clearly a meta read specific to Black and so the bolded above is confusing to me as it is suggesting that you were instead taking issue with them not providing reads on a more general level.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by Gimli »

@SR: not a meta read specific for black, no. I expect it from black cause I expect it from most reasonable players I know to scumhunt or at least take a stance that's not agreeing with random guesses on unknown dreams, hence the vote. you had asked me to show my thought process, and it involves me knowing black from playing with her in the past. I never said meta. I never talked about previous games. having to talk and talk about this so much makes what was a completely reasonable early push to be dried down to logical processes that don't amount to much.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Can't fall asleep, maybe this will help

VOTE: Von Payne

Also @fire, I am not sure whether I'm supposed to be insulted or not by you calling my thought process backwards and then saying it's a "patented dragoneater brain thought pattern" buuuuuut since you are apparently a cool and not bad person I'm going to assume no harm was meant.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:31 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 179, Klick wrote:
In post 156, DragonEater70 wrote:Wow is this going to be the first time that I vote Klick and it's NOT a reaction test?
No
You are wrong btw, it wasn't a reaction test. I just felt it was weird for you to open with a random thought about mech and then disappear instead of engaging with the plenty of content that was there. But my VP scumread is bigger so here I am not voting you atm.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:33 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Alright off for another 30 minutes of trying to fall asleep, maybe it'll work this time.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:42 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 190, Gimli wrote: @SR: not a meta read specific for black, no. I expect it from black cause I expect it from most reasonable players I know to scumhunt or at least take a stance that's not agreeing with random guesses on unknown dreams, hence the vote. you had asked me to show my thought process, and it involves me knowing black from playing with her in the past. I never said meta. I never talked about previous games. having to talk and talk about this so much makes what was a completely reasonable early push to be dried down to logical processes that don't amount to much.
The more you talk about this read the more I dislike it. I don't typically scumhunt in my first post of the game. I'm even less likely to do so in a game that starts with a phase where we have a completely different time-sensitive objective and we can't even fade anyone

Also you say that I was agreeing with random dream guesses. The only instance of that was when I said "I saw someone say it leans toward reviving someone and that could make sense too". No shot this is what you mean by "too agreeable"

~B
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:45 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 186, Von Payne wrote:Am I the only one that feels like this is an exaggerated and possibly fake read? Where is the solving? Where is the lack of pocket attempts? Am I missing something here?
My approach is different. I'm less worried about the read itself because I believe Dragon thinks it plausible. I agree with Sunflower that he does similar as town, and Dragon knows he does it. The eagerness to get it out the door might be indicative, but I don't doubt Dragon saw something he thought he could work with.

I'm more bothered by the absence of early pressure attempts and the receptive nervousness to scumreads on him.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by Von Payne »

Like Gimli I don't think you understand that this is still a meta read. You judged my behavior based on your image of me from previous games we've played together. You're not taking into account setup, IRL stuff, and all the other things that could affect my posting

~B
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 192, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 179, Klick wrote:
No
You are wrong btw, it wasn't a reaction test. I just felt it was weird for you to open with a random thought about mech and then disappear instead of engaging with the plenty of content that was there. But my VP scumread is bigger so here I am not voting you atm.
What do you expect me to have an opinion on at the minute?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't know enough about the Klick or Von Payne votes to even take a realistic guess at Dragon's perspective there. I just don't agree with them.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 196, Von Payne wrote: Like Gimli I don't think you understand that this is still a meta read. You judged my behavior based on your image of me from previous games we've played together. You're not taking into account setup, IRL stuff, and all the other things that could affect my posting

~B
no, you're turning it into a meta read. either this, or every read is a meta read, as long as it relates even minimally to the player posting.

what I saw was you in page 4 of a game with a lot of alignment indicative content, focusing on what I feel is the most uninteresting/unsolvable aspects of the thread. you said it was because you wouldn't have time and because
this is what these 24 hours are for
. Fine with the first part, of course, but this isn't a 'non-scumhunting' phase.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”