Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

ShadowGirl wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:Kai lying to us is bad, but I do not think he should be the lynch today. IF during twinight he's killed, then whatever. But with the current claim he doesn't pose any threat to us, and hopefully his abilities aid the town.
How do you know he poses no threat since he's lying?
I meant that if his current claim is true then he poses no threat to us. I mean, he's only neutral. [If that's what he really is.] His abilities would help town more then they would hurt it, no?
You're missing the point entirely.

Why should we believe anything he says?

What about the inconsistencies re the need to lynch Mao? Are you paying attention? If Kairyuu turns up scum... you're a good candidate to be his buddy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Vi »

To play Devil's Editor, I think the part about Mao was covered in "everything I said about my win condition earlier was a lie".
Which doesn't make anything better, of course, but I think that's the explanation there.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Vi wrote:To play Devil's Editor, I think the part about Mao was covered in "everything I said about my win condition earlier was a lie".
Which doesn't make anything better, of course, but I think that's the explanation there.
That's A BOATLOAD of lying, don't you think? Really going to town making stuff up.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vi wrote:To play Devil's Editor, I think the part about Mao was covered in "everything I said about my win condition earlier was a lie".
"Devil's Editor"?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Vi »

StrangerCoug 1028 wrote:
"Devil's Editor"?
Sort of like Devil's Advocate, except with, y'know, zero advocacy.
I'm still trying to figure out why he felt he had to lie in the first place.

@DGb: Well yeah.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Who is to say that Mao can't be neutral? I agree with DGB completely. Whack someone else and lynch kair if we don't hit scum on the whack.

I'm posting from my ipod so my post is unfortuantly short until I get home much later tonight.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Vi wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why he felt he had to lie in the first place.
I'd like to suggest, for your weighing and consideration, that there is some probability that he lied because he's scum, and 'neutral' might be a good claim if he's afraid he'll be investigated, or to potentially ward off investigations.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Vi »

DrippingGoofball 1031 wrote:
Vi wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why he felt he had to lie in the first place.
I'd like to suggest, for your weighing and consideration, that there is some probability that he lied because he's scum, and 'neutral' might be a good claim if he's afraid he'll be investigated, or to potentially ward off investigations.
Even in a Mind Screw game, that's the first possibility to come to mind.

In light of that, Kinetic's idea sounds decent. (Not the neutral Mao part; while possible I think it's irrelevant.) I'll give Kairyuu a chance to answer my question though.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Stef »

I'm all for LAL. You guys say he can't hurt us.. YES HE CAN! He has plenty of abilities left that we can't possibly predict if they will help or harm the town. And i don't buy the 4 times dreams of reality + origin claim for one bit and i deff don't think Tar would have made a self-aligned role that doesn't harm the town in any way and that would have such a winning condition. It just feels fake like plastic. If you really are self-aligned i'm more than sure you have anti-town traits. I'm all for lynching you and stop invoking lylo as a defense since we're still far from it and IF you are lying like you have lied before then the longer we keep you alive the harder it will be to kill you. That's a damn fact.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Stef »

Also Kai, about the pulling the thingy out of your ass, you could always have a fake-claim ability or start reading now and invent stuff. That's not any defense by any standards... especially in a MS game.

How about investigating shadowgirl? She's been shadowy enough...

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Stef »

And tajo has been laying kinda low for my taste after all that fuss earlier. Convenient.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"Commence nullification of data-link."

Seraphim narrowly avoids the prodhammer. Electra, however, does not. Cephrir last posted on Saturday and is not prod-eligible. - Tar

The Twenty-Fifth Vote Count (aka the "Death Note" Vote Count)

2) Kinetic/Context (1) - Kairyuu, StrangerCoug
3) DrippingGoofball (2)
4) veerus (0)
5) malthusis (0) - qwints
6) Kairyuu (1)
7) ZazieR (0)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0)
9) dahill1 (0)
10) TehVariable (0)
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0)
12) qwints (0) - Pesco47, Vi
16) ShadowGirl (2)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0) - Stef, hasdgfas, hasdgfas
20) populartajo (3) - Kinetic
21) Pesco47 (1)
22) Stef (0) - Cephrir, populartajo, hp [leaves], TehVariable, veerus, dahill1
23) Cephrir (9)
24) Xylthixlm (0)
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) Electra (1)
27) Vi (0) - DrippingGoofball
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (1)

Not Voting (9): ZazieR, ShadowGirl, Seraphim, Xylthixlm, Electra, Machiavellian-Mafia

Votes required to lynch:
????

FoS Count:

2) Context (0)
3) DrippingGoofball (2) - StrangerCoug, hp [leaves]
4) veerus (0)
5) malthusis (0)
6) Kairyuu (0)
7) ZazieR (0)
8) hasdgfas (rep. DragonsofSummer) (0)
9) dahill1 (1) - populartajo
10) TehVariable (0)
11) hp [leaves] (rep. The Internet who rep. pacman281292) (0)
12) qwints (1) - dahill1
16) ShadowGirl (0)
18) Seraphim (rep. XSilentSinX) (0)
20) populartajo (0)
21) Pesco47 (0)
22) Stef (0)
23) Cephrir (1) - ShadowGirl
24) Xylthixlm (2) - TehVariable, Vi
25) StrangerCoug (0)
26) Electra (0) - DrippingGoofball
27) Vi (0)
28) Machiavellian-Mafia (0)

Not FoS'ing (14): Context, veerus, malthusis, Kairyuu, ZazieR, qwints, Seraphim, Pesco47, Stef, Cephrir, hasdgfas, Xylthixlm, Electra, Machiavellian-Mafia

Current Deadline:
????
First Mod Deadline Review:
????

End Point of Order!
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I'm very confident that Kairyuu's latest claim is also false. The reason he keeps lying has to be that a true claim would cause us to lynch him, either because he's scum or because he has some ability that's bad for the town. We should lynch him tomorrow at the latest.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:51 am

OK folks we're 22 players.

We need 12 for whack a mole. Cephrir has 9.

Do we take him to 12 and find out his alignment, or do we take me to 12 and find out my alignment?

Let's make a decision.

Remember we have to beat a cult. We have to lynch Kairyuu today. I would not delay it. We have nothing to gain by delaying it.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:59 am

Post by populartajo »

Im here guys. Sorry for my sudden absence. At work right now but Ill reread later.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I'm in favour of Ceph wack-a-mole. I've already given why DGB shouldn't be WaM'd.

Unvote, Vote stef
(Ceph)

FoS Shadowgirl
. I still feel you're only posting to avoid being prodded.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:11 am

Ah, yeah, I forgot that Pesco will clear me.

unvote, vote: Stef
(Cephrir)
unFOS, FOS: Stef
(Cephrir)

One more, and Cephrir gets whack a moled.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Veerus is absolutely correct in 1015.

Shadowgirl in 1016 is also correct.

@Xyl in 1017: I said that my win con did not actually exist when I made my amended claim. I just want Mao dead so that I can see what my powers do.

DGB is still missing the point entirely in 1019.

@dahill in 1020: I believe I already mentioned that my ultimate was fake, and that it was actually the reason that everyone got 2 actions Twilight 2. Can people please read my posts instead of just automatically assuming that I haven't said anything but "I lied"?

@Seraphim in 1021: Then Whack-a-mole me and find out. I have nothing to gain from lying about alignment when an in thread investigation is currently available and known to all players.

@Vi in 1022: I figured that if I just told you guys that you had to massclaim to activate my win con, then no one would ever massclaim. So in making up a pro-town ultimate I assumed that it would be much easier to convince the town to massclaim, and would also function as a gambit to show that people resisting the massclaim would likely be scum who were worried about being targeted (Kinetic was caught here). I didn't realize until after the claim that it lowered my survival rate to nearly 0 because the scum would kill me.

Shadowgirl is still correct in 1023.

DGB needs to learn to take her own advice in 1025. I currently think she is scum with the way she is pushing this waste of a lynch so hard.

Vi is correct in 1026.

DGB is still being foolish in 1027. The extent of my lying was moving my win con to the place of my ultimate condition, making up a new win con, and making up a new ultimate. All three of these things boil down to a single lie because they serve towards the same purpose, to make a massclaim more likely.

Kinetic-scum is agreeing with his buddy DGB in 1030, and is just as wrong.

@DGB in 1031: Then why the hell aren't you pushing for my investigation? Seems to me that if you think this is the case and you are town then you would want to be sure you are correct before advocating a lynch based off of it.

Vi agrees with both DGB and Kinetic, but has been acting in a mostly rational way towards the situation. I'm thinking misguided by DGB's rabid irrational attacks, but not scum.

@Stef in 1033: If you don't buy my win con claim, then why not look for the proof. I honestly do not understand why you people don't understand this. I have made a completely proveable claim, and because of that you say you don't believe me and should therefore lynch me instead of finding out if I'm actually lying? That makes no logical sense.

@Stef in 1034: Ok. Did you miss the part about Xyl being given info by the mod that I had used a Dreams of Reality action? That supports my claim.

@Xyl in 1037: Or perhaps I am actually telling the truth and you should be more concerned with finding that out (by allowing me to prove it) than wasting a lynch on me. And, as I have said many, many times by now, if you think I am scum, then just use the investigation on me to prove that I am telling the truth.

@DGB in 1038: You have nothing to gain by keeping me alive? How about the ability to prove I'm not lying? How about avoiding a wasted lynch? How about removing me from the game anyway in three Days.

And what about things you have to lose by lynching me now? For example, a free lynch for the scum, giving them a free NK.

I'm going to bold this because people do not seem to be reading my posts.

My claim is completely proveable. If I am lying, then meeting my win con will cause me to leave the game. If I do not do this, then I was lying, and am therefore scum/anti-town.

Also, if you are so damn worried about me being scum who lied, then whack-a-mole me to find out.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I'm fine with believing you are neutral. But what doesn't go down so well, is that we have to let you win before we find out if you were telling the truth.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:32 am

Post by TehVariable »

I want to leave Kairyuu alive for one reason. I like the Dreams of Reality abilities. At LEAST let him use the Endless Eight ability. I wanna see how Tar handles it, and like the little girl who can't wait to open her christmas presents, I don't wanna wait til post game!

But, other than that, LAL indeed.
StrangerCoug wrote:
I like DrippingGoofball even less and it comes off as wanting Kairyuu policy lynched. Yes, I'd normally invoke LAL on him too, but the first policy lynch we had this game didn't work out the way most of us wanted. This is a mind screw game, so I question ANY policy lynch working the way town wants it to.
Policy Mod lynch went well :P.

But as for your actual post...I'm not sure what to think of DGB. I support a whack of her just because she's hard to read more than anything. I'm not sure what to make of her Kairyuu stance.

Xyl wrote: Kairyuu's new claim makes more sense, but he's already admitted lying once. We can't afford to trust him. I say leave him alive for one day, and if he isn't vigged, lynch him tomorrow.
And make sure he uses Endless Eight before he's vigged :P!

DGB wrote: How do we even gauge what may be gained or lost by leaving him alive, since we don't know if he's telling the truth?
Come now, this one's easy. We know that at the LEAST he has Dreams of Reality. I HIGHLY doubt he pulled Endless Eight out of his ass, or any of the other abilities I didn't mention in my flavor synopsis.
SG wrote:
I meant that if his current claim is true then he poses no threat to us. I mean, he's only neutral. [If that's what he really is.] His abilities would help town more then they would hurt it, no?
IIRC, Tar's use of this in MS 1 had 3 pro scum, 3 pro town, and 4 semi neutral. So, they could hurt or help with equal frequency.
DGB wrote: I'd like to suggest, for your weighing and consideration, that there is some probability that he lied because he's scum, and 'neutral' might be a good claim if he's afraid he'll be investigated, or to potentially ward off investigations.
Neutral is basically "I want to die" for a claim. If not right then, then pretty soon after. It's not even WIFOM at that point. Scum would have to be suicidal to attempt it. I mean, look at what everyone wants to do with him right now?

Oh yeah...forgot the pesco thing on DGB. Alright, I'm fine with whacking Cephrir. As I've already voted there. I would everyone to consider leaving Kai alive for one more dream though :P.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:38 am

Kairyuu wrote:blah blah blab The extent of my lying was moving my win con to the place of my ultimate condition, making up a new win con, and making up a new ultimate. All three of these things boil down to a single lie because they serve towards the same purpose, to make a massclaim more likely. blah blah blah
QFT

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Stef »

Teh.. one problem with your line of thought. How do you know Kai's abilities are pro-town? Really.

Also.. (a lil bit weird self-voting :D )
Vote Stef
(cephir)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:40 am

TehVariable wrote:Neutral is basically "I want to die" for a claim. If not right then, then pretty soon after. It's not even WIFOM at that point. Scum would have to be suicidal to attempt it.
NOT if he's afraid to be investigated... not if he's a cult leader that's afraid to be investigated... I bet he's hoping to live one more day to have one more recruit.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:40 am

Stef wrote:Teh.. one problem with your line of thought. How do you know Kai's abilities are pro-town? Really.
She doesn't even know if the abilities are TRUE, let alone town or scum aligned.

TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:47 am

Post by TehVariable »

Stef wrote: Teh.. one problem with your line of thought. How do you know Kai's abilities are pro-town? Really.
I'm going with what Dreams of Reality was in the past, and flavor speculation. I also just wanna see what Tar does with Endless Eight without having to wait til end game.
DGB wrote: She doesn't even know if the abilities are TRUE, let alone town or scum aligned.
We know that either Xyl is covering for Kai (doubtful), or that Kai indeed used Dreams of Reality.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”