Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Adel »

ThAdmiral wrote:here are my last three games as scum:
(i realised I could look through all my old posts through my profile)

friends and enemies 2.0
strawberry mafia
texas justice mafia
I advise other players to take a look at friends and enemies 2.0 -- ThAdmiral seems to have a pretty mature playstyle where he plays in a uniformly lurkish manner until late in the game when he starts producing informative posts. His style is static and does not seem to change with alignment.

In the other two games ThAdmiral was eliminated before he moved from lurkerish (like he has been in this game) to informative.

If we get him to produce a hoard of information-dense posts during this day, I expect that our chances of winning if he is scum will increase by a fair amount. If he is town, then our chances of winning should also increase since he is an experienced and astute player.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Kison »

I see better visually.

In the context of numbers alone, I don't think it means a whole lot. It really depends on why they mentioned each other. Obvious raw conclusion is that Tubby and ThAdmiral don't like mentioning each other.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Adel wrote:I think that darkdude is scum, and either Korts or Ectomancer is bussing him, but probably not both of them.

I think we should lynch darkdude today, and either Korts or Ectomancer tomorrow after darkdude proves to be scum. I wouldn't normally suggest a lynch order like this, bu I expect to get night killed (WIFOM TRAP) tonight.
I'm not certain why you dodged left here Adel. I mean, I bit down on Darkdude hard and wouldn't let go. I defended it against Rage, the claim didn't phase me a bit and that was before it was said that Darkdude couldn't have done anything on N0.

But, in the same vein as your thoughts Adel, when I read your posts I was recalled to an earlier interaction between myself and Rage. What do you think about this?

1st part is Rage criticizing myself and Korts for bringing up a topic of discussion. Basically a type of repression of discussion, and in this case, was and is still a very relevant consideration. Similiar to what we just lynched Darkdude for.
2nd part looks like Rage trying to help Darkdude to make an investigative claim.
3rd part, Rage makes sure to pre-eminently defend himself against an attack upon him for defending Darkdude. My head says so that he would have that statement out there when Darkdude flipped scum. If you read my quote to him, I was only exhorting him to join my bandwagon, not saying in anyway that he was "defending" Darkdude if he didn't join it.
Remember that this was prior to Darkdude's claim of a N0 watcher result.

*Speculation - Rage got frustrated with Darkdude for claiming watcher instead of just the recipient of an investigation result. Finally decided to cut him loose with a bus, especially after I was unshaken by the claim and Adel led off with more questioning. In light of the revealed roles (2 town power roles, 1 goon), I would not be surprised to know that Rage really is a Tracker.

vote Rage

I don't know what to make of the post circle. If I'm right, ThAdmiral and Tubby interactions wont be scum related.
Ectomancer wrote:
Rage wrote:1) This question is aimed at Ectomancer and Korts. Why did you discuss the possibility of a vig-kill if neither of you wanted to set up a claim or out the killer? What did both of you wish to achieve by talking about it?
Did you know that with a possibility of 2 guns out there (whoever has them), plus a scum kill at night, that if we lynch town today, both guns are used on town (not far fetched if 1 or 2 guns went to scum), and then scum does their kill on town, we lose in end game tomorrow? That's assuming 3 scum in a 12 player game.
I think it's a topic that needs to be discussed, with possiblities put into people's heads so that even if we dont know where the snake is, we might know what it could look like before it gets a chance to bite us.
Rage wrote: 4)
Ectomancer
, how can you be 99% sure that an investigation result does not exist in the game? How does darkdude saying he's 90% sure you are wrong, in a rebuttal to you saying you are 99% sure, influence your thinking?
That's my read on Puta after being in 2 games with him. It's my opinion that all he wanted was to disrupt the game, and wouldnt have bothered with something like sending in investigations or anything to do with actually playing the game. Puta was a troll.
That 1% means that Im not Omniscient.
I think DarkDude is scum, so that 90% rebuttal didnt mean anything to me.
Rage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Your case is weak next to mine Rage. Vote Darkdude. He is scum. He attempts to blatantly manipulate the conversation to only include the part he finds relevant. Tries to portray the gun inventor discussion as revealing player intentions, yet asks for a breadcrumb from the recipient of the cop investigation.

Also, defending implies that I'm trying to protect him from being lynched. I am not trying to defend him, I'm trying to sort out the discrepancies I think I see in and against the case. I'm not doing a very good job, but at least I'm willing to let others to correct me.
I didnt say anything about you trying to protect DarkDude from being lynched. I'm telling you that my scumpenis is bigger than your scumpenis, so come join my wagon. If you wanted to criticize me for this statement, it would be that this could be seen as a proxy defense of BoW.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Adel »

Ectomancer wrote:
Adel wrote:I think that darkdude is scum, and either Korts or Ectomancer is bussing him, but probably not both of them.

I think we should lynch darkdude today, and either Korts or Ectomancer tomorrow after darkdude proves to be scum. I wouldn't normally suggest a lynch order like this, bu I expect to get night killed (WIFOM TRAP) tonight.
I'm not certain why you dodged left here Adel. I mean, I bit down on Darkdude hard and wouldn't let go. I defended it against Rage, the claim didn't phase me a bit and that was before it was said that Darkdude couldn't have done anything on N0.
It was part of my (WIFOM TRAP).
But, in the same vein as your thoughts Adel, when I read your posts I was recalled to an earlier interaction between myself and Rage. What do you think about this?
I basically see it how you do. I'll take a look at it, in context later. Do you happen to recall the post number?
Rage got frustrated with Darkdude for claiming watcher instead of just the recipient of an investigation result. Finally decided to cut him loose with a bus, especially after I was unshaken by the claim and Adel led off with more questioning.
Sounds very possible to me. I think that how we didn't immediately accept darkdude's claim definitely placed more pressure on darkdude's scum buddies... and a rash move (or a planned move deployed prematurely) also seems pretty likely to me since scum generally think that their buddies seem more scummy to the rest of the town then their buddies actually are.

~~~

Something about Korts also raised flags for me while I was waiting to find out if I was NK'd or not... but now I can't remember what it was...

~~~

insanepenguin02 totally owes us a ton of words as well.

~~~

welcome to the game afatchic.

Have you finished reading it yet?
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by afatchic »

Adel wrote:welcome to the game afatchic.

Have you finished reading it yet?
Sorry, im just starting. i replaced into two games the same day, since i couldn't decide which mod to tell no to. and since this was in the night phase and the other wasn't, i read it first. ill have my thoughts up by mid week at the latest.... hopefully.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Adel »

looking at your profile (1366 game posts, and 9.9 posts per day) at least we can reasonably expect you to be among the most active once you've caught up.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Adel »

No worries. By looking at your profile (1366 game posts, and 9.9 posts per day) at least we can reasonably expect you to be among the most active once you've caught up.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Korts »

Short on time, quick post. Ecto makes a compelling case against Rage, but I can't shake the sudden feeling that there was some bussing going on between darkdude and Ecto yesterday.

Adel's post 495 gave me a bad feeling on first read, but now I've gone back for a second look, I can't really find it. Her speculation is fairly valid, though, especially the points about the likeliness of this being a coordinated gambit and the implications of darkdude giving up instantly after Rage shoots down his claim.
Adel wrote:what do you guys make of this:

ThAdmiral mentioned darkdude 13 times, and tubby twice.
darkdude mentioned ThAdmiral 8 times, and tubby 4 times.
Tubby mentioned darkdude 14 times and ThAdmiral only once.
I don't find it especially good evidence, personally. Followers (tubby and ThAdmiral seem like followers considering their play so far) have a tendency to zoom in on the main point of discussion regardless of alignment; scum have motive to deflect suspicion.

By the way, thanks for the information on ThAdmiral's play, Adel. I support more insightful posting from ThAd today compared to his Day 2 play.
Kison wrote:In the context of numbers alone, I don't think it means a whole lot. It really depends on why they mentioned each other. Obvious raw conclusion is that Tubby and ThAdmiral don't like mentioning each other.
The obvious conclusion is not taking into account their play so far in the game, though. They have been commenting mainly on already established points of discussion, and there hasn't been much pressure on either of tubby/ThAdmiral.

Also, hi, Kison and afatchic!
scumchat never die
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ adel: first of all thank you for the kind words. I'm blushing a bit. :oops:

Secondly, could the long informative posts come from being asked questions? I feel like I can respond well to that.
How about everybody ask me one (or more) question(s).

Or I could just do the long posts myself...

Thirdly i think the post stats between me, tubby and darkdude can be interpreted in many ways. I think mainly, however, it is just due to darkdude being in the "public eye" more, and therefore being commented on more, than us.

Finally I like the rage case. It would have been more clear cut if there had been a kill last night (because if there had been and it wasn't rage this would become more obvious), but I still think it's a good case.
Good gambit if so.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:10 am

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Hey guys. I will be reading up and producing some analysis later today as I watch some fball. First thoughts though:

1) Reading today's posts on the Rage theory is very intriguing but I don't want to jump on anything until I make some of my own analysis.

2) I would agree with Admiral that the # of posts between tubby and dd were just because dd was in the public eye more. I mean he was who we lynched, so people were talking about him more.

3) I find it quite interesting how there was no kill tonight. My guess, from reading the storyline, would be a role blocker blocking the mafia chosen to make the kill. Didn't sound like a doctor protection.

More to come later. :)
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Kison »

Korts wrote:Also, hi, Kison and afatchic!
Hiya

Ectomancer: Is this the post you're talking about where Rage tried to cut off discussion? It's probably the closest thing I could find that compares to what darkdude did:
Rage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:So we could have two 1 shot guns out there, or scum got blocked and the n0 one got used.
Methinks speculation about who or what did the night-kill is futile right now, seeing as how we have an unaccounted scum night-kill, which could either be explained by a scum player receiving the Gun from MacavityLock and thus choosing not to night kill or a roleblock/doctor protection.
If that's not it then I'm not sure what is. I'm more interested in Rage's response to his weird defense of darkdude, though. Particularly why he felt compelled to draw to everyone's attention that darkdude was 'hinting' at having the amnesiac result.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Ectomancer »

It was this:

More of a deflection than cutting off I reckon.
Rage wrote:
1) This question is aimed at Ectomancer and Korts. Why did you discuss the possibility of a vig-kill if neither of you wanted to set up a claim or out the killer? What did both of you wish to achieve by talking about it?
The real genius of this deflection is that the desire to talk about it was expressed, but it didn't get much beyond that. He acts as though we talked it through,
when in actuality we didn't.
He deflects the direction of the conversation directly to our motivations, and graciously tosses in a scummy one for example.
I wasn't misdirected though, and ignored his questioning of my motivations, and instead stated what it was that we had not talked about.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Korts wrote:Short on time, quick post. Ecto makes a compelling case against Rage, but I can't shake the sudden feeling that there was some bussing going on between darkdude and Ecto yesterday.
I'll take that as a compliment.

Can you tell us why it is more likely that Ecto was bussing and not Korts? Or why it isn't possible that we both bussed Darkdude? Or neither?

Come up with a case and I'll take a look at it, but lynching for good scum hunting isn't really something I can defend against...

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Rage »

Currently writing my response. It make take a while because I've got a lot to say.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:53 am

Post by tubby216 »

wow color me clueless,, i seriously thought dd was town,, damn i suck at this game,

ok so i will re read and try to post more content , call it an early new years resolution if you will
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Korts »

Ectomancer wrote:
Korts wrote:Short on time, quick post. Ecto makes a compelling case against Rage, but I can't shake the sudden feeling that there was some bussing going on between darkdude and Ecto yesterday.

Can you tell us why it is more likely that Ecto was bussing and not Korts? Or why it isn't possible that we both bussed Darkdude? Or neither?
Umm, stupid question. I know my own alignment, and it'd be pretty stupid for me to even consider having bussed regardless of it. Maybe you're forgetting that you quoted me.

Anyway, I'm in full knowledge of the fact that I don't have any case on you. It's just a sudden feeling that I had. I promise you that I'll go over it and make a case if I find it holds.
scumchat never die
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Adel »

insanepenguin02 wrote: 3) I find it quite interesting how there was no kill tonight. My guess, from reading the storyline, would be a role blocker blocking the mafia chosen to make the kill. Didn't sound like a doctor protection.
Please expand upon this.
What about the storyline leads you to that conclusion?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Korts wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:

Umm, stupid question. I know my own alignment, and it'd be pretty stupid for me to even consider having bussed regardless of it. Maybe you're forgetting that you quoted me.

Anyway, I'm in full knowledge of the fact that I don't have any case on you. It's just a sudden feeling that I had. I promise you that I'll go over it and make a case if I find it holds.
No, it's not. Of course we both know our own alignments, but that certainly isn't an argument that can ever be used. From the town's perspective, there is no reason I see that Ecto and Korts couldnt have decided to bus their buddy Darkdude. I mean really, if they picked one of us and we turned up scum, do you think they would decide that the other was bussing too?

No offense, but if we are going to be using the word stupid, it should be applied to your statement, not my question. What purpose did it serve except to sling unsubstantiated dirt?

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Korts »

Are you saying that I should be arguing that I am quite possibly scum? Because I don't see how that would fulfill any win condition other than a Jester's.
Ecto wrote:No offense, but if we are going to be using the word stupid, it should be applied to your statement, not my question. What purpose did it serve except to sling unsubstantiated dirt?
I believe in transparency of motives.
scumchat never die
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Korts wrote:Are you saying that I should be arguing that I am quite possibly scum? Because I don't see how that would fulfill any win condition other than a Jester's.
Ecto wrote:No offense, but if we are going to be using the word stupid, it should be applied to your statement, not my question. What purpose did it serve except to sling unsubstantiated dirt?
I believe in transparency of motives.
Really, stop dodging here. Can you demonstrate to the town without resorting to your PM, why exactly your idea that I was bussing DarkDude is more likely than any of the other scenarios surrounding his lynch? If not, you had no point at all except to make a placeholder for yourself to refer back to later should you find the need to build a case on me in the future.

That's exactly what I'm after here Korts, is transparency in your motives. I'm trying to understand your motive for singling out one possible scenario out of equally possible ones and stating it.

I'd feel better about it if you put out what your thoughts now. If you don't have anything, say so. I just really dislike what I see as making a reservation on a potential wagon, especially when the suspicion is easily applied to yourself. What would be your response if someone said: "I can't shake the sudden feeling that there was some bussing going on between darkdude and Korts yesterday." and left it at that? Tell them you know you are town? Let me know how that works out.

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Rage »

Things might be a little hard to read, so I've separated this post into sections with a little summary at the end.

--------
I think the best possible thing for me to do right now is to claim. I'll answer the questions directed at me below.

I claim Tracker.

Night 0 = Investigated darkdude, received No Result
Night 1 = Investigated Korts, received No Result
Night 2 = Investigated insanepenguin02, received No Result

I chose darkdude on Night 0 because he's the only one I knew in the game (like I've done in other games, it just seems to work out most of the time), I investigated Korts Night 1 because I was mildly suspicious of him at the time and Night 2 I investigated insanepenguin02 because I found his voting-hopping to a hammer on darkdude's lynch to be incredibly suspicious. Especially without any input to back his vote up.
Rage_post 257 wrote:Wait, so Puta would get
No Results
rather than anything of substance to go on? And whoever he chooses would get his investigation?

I don't get how you could "forget" what the investigation was in any game whatsoever. Sure, the message could be deleted, but what happens when he writes it down as soon as he sees the message.. or would there have to be an element of trust between him and the mod? Let alone the unsolvable problem of how to convince his brain's hippocampus (memory center) to 'forget' the investigation he saw?
I hinted at my role in this post (#257). Breadcrumbing the investigation was suggested, so I figured people would be too busy looking closely for that and not realize that I would have no idea what kind of message Puta Puta would get. I have only ever received No Results from my investigations.

And away we go...

Adel wrote:I think a fakeclaim gambit to buss a scumbuddy is something they have developed in their daily play. It would take coordination to pull off.
Sigh..

Surely you realize that the only way I can respond to this is by way of reaction, or calling upon a dead player?

Just so you know, we haven't been scum together for weeks.

Besides, haven't I drawn too much attention to myself (the long posts made unsuccessfully trying to understand the case against darkdude) for your assumption to be valid, or for me to even appear the slightest bit pro-town now because of it? I ask you, what could I achieve by purposely misunderstanding the case against him, giving him ample opportunity to claim something he just doesn't have, and then claiming against his roleclaim?

You think you've discovered something that just isn't there, I mean, if this is indeed our daily play, wouldn't we have sorted all the flaws you guys are seeing in the "plan"? I'm not saying we would've already won the game by now, nor that it would be perfect, but these flaws are just way too obvious to be scum slips from people working together.
Adel wrote:I think that how we didn't immediately accept darkdude's claim definitely placed more pressure on darkdude's scum buddies... and a rash move (or a planned move deployed prematurely) also seems pretty likely to me since scum generally think that their buddies seem more scummy to the rest of the town then their buddies actually are.
... what? You didn't say a word after darkdude claimed, and even if you wanted to I shouldn't be the one at blame. Insanepenguin02 came out of nowhere, not soon after taking his vote off of darkdude immediately after he claimed, and put his vote right back on only accompanied by a "Whatever...". How is my counter-claim of evidence more suspicious than the act of denying you your voice about darkdude's claim?

One other thing. Why do you say "we didn't immediately accept darkdude's claim" even though you hadn't said a word? Sounds too much like trying to fit in with Town to me.
----------

@
Kison
Kison wrote:Rage, would you mind explaining in a bit more detail why you were so sure of your meta on darkdude that you were willing to assume with seemingly meager evidence that he was crumbing having received the amnesiac cop result?
At that point, I wasn't sure what to believe. My case was waiting on Brain of Wombat to answer my hard-pushed questions and, yes, I even became Tunnel-Visioned on it, and I couldn't see more than opinion-quarreling on the darkdude case which I do not like to back up with anything strong ("strong" being the evidence like what contributed to my vote on him late Day 2), so I pulled out some meta that I had with him in a game between friends, where I thought anyone would have been most comfortable and show truer intentions about their actions. I know for sure that I haven't played enough online mafia with him to notice any subtleties well enough, and I probably won't soon, but I do think I have a good understanding of what he likes to do to set things up for himself and that's why I was under the impression that he was trying to set up his own claim of information. I was wrong. I didn't have anything strong to say about that case, since my "strong evidence" didn't mean one thing or another point, so I thought I'd input something that might actually influence what darkdude would say in regards to something not based on whether his wording meant one thing or another. He claimed not to have what I thought he did and I found myself confused, so I backed off and reconsidered my options. Upon his eventual claim, it was apparent that he was scum and I didn't need to say any more.

I can understand why people are suspicious of me for not divulging much information late yesterday, but to assume that darkdude and I had planned something all along is stupid. There may be things that someone may think mean a certain thing, but they're only going to be found if that's precisely what you're looking for.
Kison wrote:Also, why, if you believed this to be the case, did you decide to broadcast this to everyone? I don't recall him being in immediate lynch danger at that point(though granted he had a few people pushing for him).
I noticed that he had the most active members of the game on him, and although I'd really like to think that the more inactive players of any game would make good, thoughtful contributions to the game when they find the time to post, that isn't the case more often than not. I figured since the case was starting to build up that it wouldn't be long until it would be too late to input any one thing that could influence how strong exactly the case was, so in my long posts I focused on, as Ectomancer puts it, one half of what the case was about.

------

@
Ectomancer
, either you misread or took this out of context, but either way you're wrong:

You think it goes like:
Rage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Your case is weak next to mine Rage. Vote Darkdude. He is scum. He attempts to blatantly manipulate the conversation to only include the part he finds relevant. Tries to portray the gun inventor discussion as revealing player intentions, yet asks for a breadcrumb from the recipient of the cop investigation.

Also, defending implies that I'm trying to protect him from being lynched. I am not trying to defend him, I'm trying to sort out the discrepancies I think I see in and against the case. I'm not doing a very good job, but at least I'm willing to let others to correct me.
But, in actuality, it was written like (in post #328):
Rage wrote:I don't think I've jumped to darkdude's aid. In the following quote Ectomancer, who started this, expressed that I should switch my vote to his case, which at its roots is an invitation to get involved with the case.
Also, defending implies that I'm trying to protect him from being lynched. I am not trying to defend him, I'm trying to sort out the discrepancies I think I see in and against thecase. I'm not doing a very good job, but at least I'm willing to let others to correct me.
I have said this before.
Rage wrote:@
Ectomancer
, for that last part in your post I only quoted you. The text under it was addressed to Korts.
Anyways,
Ectomancer wrote:*Speculation - Rage got frustrated with Darkdude for claiming watcher instead of just the recipient of an investigation result. Finally decided to cut him loose with a bus, especially after I was unshaken by the claim and Adel led off with more questioning. In light of the revealed roles (2 town power roles, 1 goon), I would not be surprised to know that Rage really is a Tracker.
What are you trying to say here? That I'm scum because darkdude didn't do what I wanted him to do, but I'm town because of the revealed roles?

Also, I like that you assume here that I'm a Tracker before I say so myself.

Regarding your 3 parts to the case on me:

1st part, show me where any discussion was repressed by me and how it's similar to what darkdude was lynched for, please. I think that it's obvious that since I asked about specifically two possibilities it's a stretch for you to assume now that I tried to repress discussion.

2nd part, that was one half of what I addressed to you and darkdude when that was posted. In essence, I asked darkdude the same thing. Refer to my post #328 on page 14. How am I inviting darkdude to claim?

3rd part should be non-existant due to what I've posted above. I don't get how both Ectomancer and Adel read it the same way, but what can I do?
------

Speculation about what has occurred:

Scum decides or is unable to kill the guy who hints at his role and has outed one of their members, and decides to get him lynched tomorrow. Why has this only come up suddenly then? Surely something must have been noticed or at least hinted at by the creators of this case when it was actually going on?

This theory is that scum has now decided to mislynch one of the last possible town power roles.
------

And now I'd like to call Ectomancer and darkdude scum together, and hear Korts' (and others, but especially you because you expressed a gut feeling about this) thoughts about this.

Throughout the argument between Ectomancer and darkdude early in the darkdude case, I've noticed many manipulations of what the other has actually said. The ones that stand out the most are:

1) Ectomancer believing that darkdude had asked/requested for the breadcrumb
2) Ectomancer's thought that darkdude had much more affect on manipulating discussion, and being certain that he's scum throughout the case. For example, posts 291 and the beginning of 297, accompanied with 303 and 304, contradict each other. It's a matter of who-sees-what-in-what, which adds up to opinion about what someone writes and is not justifiable for a lynch.

In the next couple of posts, Ectomancer does not address the request again, albeit for a stronger part of the case. Oh, and then I make tons of mistakes trying to dissect darkdude's original post.

Secondly, not all points are addressed from post to post, and they happen to be some of the strongest against or for the case. Such as,

1) Ectomancer's read/misread that darkdude was requesting for the breadcrumber to breadcrumb
2) Darkdude not giving a straight answer about why he wished to discuss the Cop rather than the Gun Inventor
3) Darkdude's post #449 sums this up well with:
darkdude wrote:
WHY [ecto = tunnelvisioned town]?
I've explained it before. What he considers to be scummy posts from me are all perfectly normal plays by me, and I have explained this well, I think. I cannot comprehend why he is still on me if not for tunnelvision.
So, in short, my reasoning to think that Ectomancer and darkdude are scum together is that there was too much manipulation of what was said that supported the darkdude case, and evasion of points that could lean Town too much over the edge resulting in either's lynch.

------
Either that, or ThAdmiral is scum with darkdude because he quickly found his spot on the darkdude bandwagon when it was forming, and upon darkdude's questioning he simply said he found the case to be the strongest he had seen. He unvoted later after finding the argument on darkdude unappealing. After darkdude's claim, he ends up asking if he can be the hammer vote without any input about his thoughts on darkdude's claim. I'm keeping my eye on this.

------

So, I'm still deciding who at this point would be the safest lynch today, but, to sum things up:

1) I think insanepenguin02 could be scum with anyone, but I haven't heard enough from him to think any which way
2) I think Adel or Ectomancer are the likeliest scumbuddies of darkdude, and find it peculiar how Ectomancer took to Adel's case on me almost instantaneously.
3) I think ThAdmiral needs to contribute more.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Rage »

Oo, I left off some things I wanted to say about Adel's play, so I'll post that soon.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Rage »

Focusing on the build-up to darkdude's demise, Adel has just interrogated darkdude to her heart's content, and I have asked Adel if she wishes to reconsider because it seemed to me that Adel did not share the same light that Ectomancer did (Adel wasn't sure that darkdude was scum).

Now, didn't someone mention that scum had reservations about lynching one of their own? So what about the possibility of an Adel-Darkdude pairing? Adel ended the day with: saying she wasn't sure about darkdude's lynch and thinking it wasn't the best lynched, said in post #462/463, but pressuring him to claim and contributing to his lynch before and after those posts.
Adel wrote:The reservation I have against lynching darkdude is partially because he is one of the more active players (bothering to post is pro-town, and a game without posting is pretty much a scum auto-win) and his activity level in this game is about the same has activity level in the one other game he is currently playing. If this game had more active players I would be more willing to lynch him.

This was said at around the same time that Adel begaon pressuring Tubby. Korts has just inputed some discussion about why darkdude would be a better lynch. Adel's post following the one above flips her current suspicion of Tubby around, in fact, she ignores him altogether and adds pressure for darkdude to claim. And I'm not sure what precisely happened next, but not everyone got the chance to respond to darkdude's claim, so there's not much to be learned from the end result of this.

Finally, I'd like to add, and I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees with me, that it's really hard for someone to control their timing in an online mafia, let alone track who specifically has what opinion at what time someone does something. I'm talking about darkdude's claim here. I had made no post in between his claim and my soft one, and I didn't even deal with what others had said (nobody had), so I think accusing me of conforming to the Town with my softclaim is ridiculous.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Adel »

Rage wrote:
Adel wrote:I think that how we didn't immediately accept darkdude's claim definitely placed more pressure on darkdude's scum buddies... and a rash move (or a planned move deployed prematurely) also seems pretty likely to me since scum generally think that their buddies seem more scummy to the rest of the town then their buddies actually are.
... what?
You didn't say a word after darkdude claimed, and even if you wanted to I shouldn't be the one at blame.
Insanepenguin02 came out of nowhere, not soon after taking his vote off of darkdude immediately after he claimed, and put his vote right back on only accompanied by a "Whatever...". How is my counter-claim of evidence more suspicious than the act of denying you your voice about darkdude's claim?

One other thing. Why do you say "we didn't immediately accept darkdude's claim" even though you hadn't said a word? Sounds too much like trying to fit in with Town to me.
did you really not review the end of the day before hammering off this long post? ... or are you just trying to fast talk us?

vote:Rage
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Adel »

Rage wrote:Currently writing my response. It make take a while because I've got a lot to say.
it took you almost 4 hours to type out your post at 520, but only 15 min (at most) to type out your post at 522?
1) I think insanepenguin02 could be scum with anyone, but I haven't heard enough from him to think any which way
why do you think insanepenguin02 could be scum?
Either that, or ThAdmiral is scum with darkdude because he quickly found his spot on the darkdude bandwagon when it was forming, and upon darkdude's questioning he simply said he found the case to be the strongest he had seen. He unvoted later after finding the argument on darkdude unappealing.
After darkdude's claim
, he ends up asking if he can be the hammer vote without any input about his thoughts on darkdude's claim. I'm keeping my eye on this.
he asked that following darkdude's claim of "scum" not "watcher".

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”