DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:27 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I won't believe a proven liar. And a liar about something important, to boot.

The only reason I'm not voting or FOS's is because I want Kairyuu to die, not be whack-a-moled. If he's telling the truth about alignment, what is it to the rest of us? We'll need to kill him anyway. If he's lying, he needs to die.

So let's agree on a whack a mole candidate, and kill Kairyuu unless we hit scum with the whack a mole.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:33 am

Post by dahill1 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I won't believe a proven liar. And a liar about something important, to boot.

The only reason I'm not voting or FOS's is because I want Kairyuu to die, not be whack-a-moled. If he's telling the truth about alignment, what is it to the rest of us? We'll need to kill him anyway. If he's lying, he needs to die.

So let's agree on a whack a mole candidate, and kill Kairyuu unless we hit scum with the whack a mole.
i agree with this unless we can somehow prove Dreams of Reality can help the town, then kill him
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:34 am

dahill1 wrote:i agree with this unless we can somehow prove Dreams of Reality can help the town, then kill him
I would have to believe Kairyuu. I do not.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:35 am

Post by dahill1 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
dahill1 wrote:i agree with this unless we can somehow prove Dreams of Reality can help the town, then kill him
I would have to believe Kairyuu. I do not.
yup always the chance he is lying completely
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@DGB:
We'll need to kill him anyway.
Wrong. You do NOT need to kill me. Read my posts. I don't count for the killing all other factions thingie. Killing me hurts the town in that it wastes another lynch on a non-scum. Roles like mine, if outed, are a boon to the scum, because neutrals are lynched as a policy, bringing the game closer to lylo.

@all: I have a proposition. Allow me to fulfill my win con. If I am lying, then I will not be removed from the game, meaning I was still lying, and should be lynched immediately as scum.

The only thing with this is that, in order to prove myself as telling the truth, I will have to be allowed to win. Given that I am a neutral and not tied to either main faction, and given that my win con is also not tied to those factions, I can win without affecting the status of either side.

Here's why I shouldn't die, from both sides' perspectives:

for town:
I need to be lynched or vigged in order to remove me from the game otherwise. This hastens the speed with which the game moves to lylo, considering that I am not scum (you can whack-a-mole me to prove this if you would like). The town does not want this.

for scum:
Killing me wastes the kill for the day, and brings them no closer to winning, whereas killing a townie brings them closer to a win.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:44 am

dahill1 wrote:yup always the chance he is lying completely
Even if he's telling the truth, the advantages are marginal at best. Definitely not worth it.

So. Who gets whack a moled?

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Ok. DGB. How the HELL would Xyl have been able to tell that I was using Dreams of Reality when he accused me of being Mao? Also, How the HELL would I know all ten of them, all of which are part of a show that I have never seen? Do you expect me to have pulled TEN DIFFERENT RANDOM PHRASES that ALL relate to that show OUT OF MY ASS?

I don't know DGB's meta, but this is just stupid. Didn't Seraphim say that he submitted my post to the mod for lie detecting and only that part he quoted came back as a lie? Honestly people. Use your heads please. Rational choice theorem states that I am harmless and a distraction to both sides. Killing me hurts the town. Leaving me alive removes me from the game WITHOUT having to kill me.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm not exactly sure I like Kairyuu anymore, but I think it's best to proceed with caution in terms of what he's been saying post-claim. Admitting to lying is a good way to kill people's own reads on you, and right now the neutral he claims (which I believe) is a best case scenario. I don't have any regrets with my origin claim at this time, but he needs to be watched carefully. For the moment, I think keeping him around will work out better in the long run.

I like DrippingGoofball even less and it comes off as wanting Kairyuu policy lynched. Yes, I'd normally invoke LAL on him too, but the first policy lynch we had this game didn't work out the way most of us wanted. This is a mind screw game, so I question
ANY
policy lynch working the way town wants it to.

Vote: Kinetic (DrippingGoofball)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:08 pm

Kairyuu wrote:Ok. DGB. How the HELL would Xyl have been able to tell that I was using Dreams of Reality when he accused me of being Mao? Also, How the HELL would I know all ten of them, all of which are part of a show that I have never seen? Do you expect me to have pulled TEN DIFFERENT RANDOM PHRASES that ALL relate to that show OUT OF MY ASS?
Some of what you say may be true. Some may not.

You have admitted that you lied.

How am I to guess when you're lying, and when you're not?
Kairyuu wrote:I don't know DGB's meta, but this is just stupid. Didn't Seraphim say that he submitted my post to the mod for lie detecting and only that part he quoted came back as a lie? Honestly people. Use your heads please. Rational choice theorem states that I am harmless and a distraction to both sides. Killing me hurts the town. Leaving me alive removes me from the game WITHOUT having to kill me.
Since you are a proven and admitted liar, how can we trust your claim of being harmless? Or anything else that you say?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:09 pm

StrangerCoug's defence of Kairyuu is noted.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

DrippingGoofball wrote:StrangerCoug's defence of Kairyuu is noted.
Just for kicks, everything past, present, and future is noted. I am aware of the dangers of believing what I do, though.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu's new claim makes more sense, but he's already admitted lying once. We can't afford to trust him. I say leave him alive for one day, and if he isn't vigged, lynch him tomorrow.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:28 pm

How do we even gauge what may be gained or lost by leaving him alive, since we don't know if he's telling the truth?

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Fine. Fucking fine. Lynch me. Town moves one step closer to lylo, and DGB gets to see herself be completely wrong.

Read my posts goddamnit. Read why lynching or vigging me hurts the town. Read why leaving me alive proves my claim to be true. Read the goddamn thread. At this point I don't give two shits whether I live or die, but I am NOT going to go down without a fight when the reasons behind lynching me are completely STUPID, and hurt the town. Honestly, I don't care who goes on to win, but you guys could actually THINK for a bit, and realize that the EVIDENCE POINTS TO MY TELLING THE TRUTH. I lied about ONE THING, my ultimate condition actually being my win con. SERAPHIM'S INFO
PROVES THAT
. How is that difficult to grasp for you people?! At worst, I'm a slight detriment by picking a poor action for the Day, at best, I'm a slight help by picking a good action to use for the day. Most of the time, I'm irrelevant, since I don't care who dies at any point in the game.

I would like the town to win, because that takes more skill on the part of the town than a scum win does for the scum, but passed that, I don't give a damn. Lynching me hurts the town because it gives the scum a free day to kill, and NKing me hurts the scum because it kills a player that does not need to die in order to win the game. Therefore, and I have said this already, the rational decision on both sides is to ignore me, investigate me if needed to prove my alignment, and then allow me to leave the game on my own. If I don't leave when I say I will, then you know I'm lying. Why don't you realize that there is a 100% proveable way to see if I'm lying?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

By the way, DGB-scum needs to be whack-a-moled, and then lynched.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by veerus »

As a neutral, him winning does not end the game (much in the same way it worked for jesters), therefore lynching Kairyuu would be a mistake regardless of what his abilities do since they effect everyone.

Seraphim's ability seems pro-town so I shall back off his case for now making Cephir the obvious target for now since DGB and Tajo will be confirmed in the next couple days.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Pesco47 wrote:
Vote qwints
(Shadowgirl)

Come out from the sidelines please. The last 2 posts were just fillers for activity.
Not true. I'm stating my suspicions - as well, this vote seems kind of OMGUSy. As well, what do you think of Ceph whom is not posting to all?

Same response to Vi.

I'd like to point out the timestamps on my posts here as well as on my other games - there's no magical lurking that I'm specifically doing in this game.

Kai lying to us is bad, but I do not think he should be the lynch today. IF during twinight he's killed, then whatever. But with the current claim he doesn't pose any threat to us, and hopefully his abilities aid the town.

My current optimal whack a mole candidates are the same as last post. (Ceph or Pesco)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kairyuu, what happened to the part about you needing to lynch Chairman Mao?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by dahill1 »

StrangerCoug wrote:Yes, I'd normally invoke LAL on him too, but the first policy lynch we had this game didn't work out the way most of us wanted. This is a mind screw game, so I question
ANY
policy lynch working the way town wants it to.
empking wasn't a policy lynch. he was genuinely scummy, and it just happened to turn out that he was a jester
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:43 pm

ShadowGirl wrote:Kai lying to us is bad, but I do not think he should be the lynch today. IF during twinight he's killed, then whatever. But with the current claim he doesn't pose any threat to us, and hopefully his abilities aid the town.
How do you know he poses no threat since he's lying?

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Xylthixlm wrote:Kairyuu, what happened to the part about you needing to lynch Chairman Mao?
nice catch and seconding this question
didn't you also mention something about a die?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I think I should clarify something about my ability. It tells me whether or not someone is lying, but not concerning alignment. Which you means the part where you said you were neutral could still be bullshit, like the rest of that paragraph.

Also, unfortunately, that ability was one-shot. Not my Ultimate, though.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Kariyuu, why did you lie in the first place?

@ShadowGirl: Cephrir's relative lack of activity ITT compared to a certain other ongoing game is of interest. Further, I will acknowledge that you are posting more often. I'll wait for Cephrir to post again before doing anything, but my expectation for that anticipated post is high.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:Kai lying to us is bad, but I do not think he should be the lynch today. IF during twinight he's killed, then whatever. But with the current claim he doesn't pose any threat to us, and hopefully his abilities aid the town.
How do you know he poses no threat since he's lying?
I meant that if his current claim is true then he poses no threat to us. I mean, he's only neutral. [If that's what he really is.] His abilities would help town more then they would hurt it, no?

I'd very, very much like Ceph post.
Can we get a prod on him or something?

Off for the night, see you.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Vi »

ShadowGirl 1023 wrote:I meant that if his current claim is true then he poses no threat to us. I mean, he's only neutral. [If that's what he really is.] His abilities would help town more then they would hurt it, no?
(Y'know what they say about taking candy from strangers... <_< )
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”