Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:58 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 548, Gimli wrote: I think I've been pushed a whole lot this game so I don't know if your feelings about my slot match the material
Can you quote who pushed you except me and Aureal?

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:02 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Okay bye I have some other things to do so I'll continue posting later

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 550, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 548, Gimli wrote: I think I've been pushed a whole lot this game so I don't know if your feelings about my slot match the material

- Dragon
rat, AD, and more recently drew said he wouldn't vote AD because me and klick are pushing it
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 551, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Okay bye I have some other things to do so I'll continue posting later

- Dragon
bye bb
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

@black where you at?
I'll tie your legs
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:18 pm

Post by Enchant »

Freedom replaces Doctor Drew. Welcome!
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:23 pm

Post by Freedom »

i'm going to sleep soon but hi y'all!
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:24 pm

Post by Freedom »

UNVOTE:
at least for now
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:56 am

Post by Klick »

In post 545, CUDDLE TIME wrote: BUT

As someone said (I think Klick but maybe Gimli), Kira would be someone for whom there's not a lot of appetite today. Do you know for whom there's no appetite today? Gimli.
This is true in a very relative sense. More accurately, Kira is someone who
a) two other players in this game will be avoiding eliminating; and
b) will be trying to play in such a way that they avoid the elimination.

Those are the two things we're searching for when solving for Kira.

I think the
ideal
for Kira is to not receive heat today. But scum have limited control over the actions of town. Kira might receive heat anyway. It's a point to consider in the context of everything else that's going on.

(I also think I disagree that there's no appetite for Gimli - the appetite is just lower-influence than the main lines atm. You probably feel like there is less appetite because you are one of the players with an amount of appetite for it and aren't counting yourself. But you're not the only person who has been trying to posit the possibility of a Gimli lim.)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:02 am

Post by Klick »

Hi Freedom :D

Aureal is the primary reason I told Gimli 'pretty high' instead of 'very high' earlier
I think I still strongly prefer ActionDan and think he's a very strong shot at hitting Kira
But if scum aren't going to let that go through then I'm willing to explore Aureal for a bit
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:38 am

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

Ok, I'm back. I've prepered a whole assortment of candies, chocolates and other suggary treats to get me through this. Time to overanalize the game. V/LA status cleared.
You can call me "Willow".
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:11 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 541, Aureal wrote:
In post 529, Hu Tao wrote: This game is hard. And we get no flips
This sort of post is what makes it impossible for me to read you. It drives me crazy.

And I even kinda agree with the sentiment it displays!
:shifty:
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:50 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 498, Aureal wrote: Hu's post felt flat and pointless. She says she was going to have a read on T-Bone but decided not to because someone said so.
I am of two minds about this. On the face of it, Hu developing a town read on T-bone and then discounting it because of assessing T-bone has the same capability as scum to produce posts that earn a town read is not sensical. That's giving meta from another game equal weight to content specific to this game. That should never be the case, but if people actually believe they are equal then it is logical. This is consistent with Hu's scum read on you because of vibes or something being off or over-defensiveness. Hu has already defied and come below my expectations of what a normal town player ought to play like from our last game together. It's not a stretch to think it's happening here too.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:53 am

Post by ActionDan »

Hey Dragon, feel free to pursue Aureal, but you can't avoid forever coming up with a better reason to have a town read on Klick. It's obvious you're capable. So again, why?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:00 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 546, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 424, Aureal wrote: It feels like you're really reaching for something here, and I don't like it.

If you want a wagon so much, why aren't you building one? You're vanity wagoning someone whom you admit you don't actually have much of a scumread on while there are other options you're open to who actually have votes.
In post 438, Aureal wrote: In post 435, Hu Tao wrote:
Hi Kira, I am your loyal follower. Please do not kill me at night. Thank you.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

VOTE: Gimli
Aureal do you mind explaining the thought process behind shading me for not building a wagon and then like 2 posts later randomly joining the wagon I'm trying to build? How does that work?

- Dragon
Well YOU weren't, someone's got to :P

But really, are you not actually reading everything again, Dragon? You seem to be taking point for the hydra so if you're gonna be the face it's going to be even harder to figure out what to do about you if you're not even paying attention to things. :?

Like, I told you I'd look over your case, and I did, and the conclusion I came to was basically "I guess it's
possible
- I agree that Gimli's posts are fakeable as scum, but I don't see any particular reason to think they
are
so this feels uncomfortably like trying to grasp for some way to break up a forming townbloc."

And then, an actual two posts later, HPE told us that Gimli got the incognito from it. That's actual new information and it changed my perspective because I have a hard time grasping how the person who received incognito from someone else apparently had zero curiosity about it. I saw Gimli's name in question marks at the start of the game and went to remind myself what was up with that, saw that it was the incognito skill, and figured that must've been what Gimli rolled because I don't really see a reason to give it to someone else. But Gimli would've known he didn't roll it, someone else did. I'd be thinking "who did this and why?" and instead of thinking that way, Gimli ended up pushing HPE over its signals that it was responsible for doing that. I'd been townreading Gimli largely for being on the same page as me so that lost me.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 547, Gimli wrote:
In post 538, Aureal wrote:
In post 509, Gimli wrote: I'm also fine with HPE now after re-reading it

me/klick/hpe/aureal/cuddle time townbloc

both followers and kira in rr/hu tao/drew/AD/will

@klick what do you think
Wait how am I back in your townbloc? :thinking:
in general, I am townreading you. my distrust with your posting has to do with how you're acting to and around HPE, and your responses to me, trying to make it seem like you were pushing HPE first when you did no such thing + softdefending it every chance you had, fits a world in which HPE is kira and you're a follower.

I've also been reading into some other stuff that isn't worth mentioning right now.

when I read HPE in isolation yesterday, it's giving me emotional sincerity when in real time I was reading phonyness. so for d1 I'll try to work out a solve that doesn't contain either of you.

do reach out and find me in your heart if you're town
Mmmm

I guess reconsidering HPE would reasonably have that effect, not that I really understand why you or anyone was ever townreading me in the first place.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:11 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 562, ActionDan wrote:
In post 498, Aureal wrote: Hu's post felt flat and pointless. She says she was going to have a read on T-Bone but decided not to because someone said so.
I am of two minds about this. On the face of it, Hu developing a town read on T-bone and then discounting it because of assessing T-bone has the same capability as scum to produce posts that earn a town read is not sensical. That's giving meta from another game equal weight to content specific to this game. That should never be the case, but if people actually believe they are equal then it is logical. This is consistent with Hu's scum read on you because of vibes or something being off or over-defensiveness. Hu has already defied and come below my expectations of what a normal town player ought to play like from our last game together. It's not a stretch to think it's happening here too.
What was our last game?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:12 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Also why can't I just be mimicking that? Or be the same as scum and town?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:20 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 549, CUDDLE TIME wrote: I also have other thoughts on Aureal which I've held back for a while because i was under the impression Black had a strong TR on Aureal, but since Black doesn't have a strong TR of Aureal anymore I might as well say them:

I feel Aureal's posting this game, especially early on, is EXTREMELY erratic and nervous, which is something I generally scumread. The thing is, often when I scumread Aureal for that she's town. The OTHER thing is, last game where Aureal was scum she was also like that I think. And I kinda feel like Aureal is forcing her hyper aggressive, towny tone in order to appear towny, which might be a sign of being Kira?

And I just realized that I'd been pinged early by Rat's vote on Aureal and i thought it could've been traitor signaling and now I can finally make sense of TRing Gimli and SRing Rat, if Rat is actually an Aureal follower and am I thinking too fast? Maybe. But I do think I could be on the right track and I promise this is not scum!me sowing chaos even though it's chaotic as fuck

Anyway VOTE: Aurea

- Dragon
Oh boy, more people with no understanding of how I actually work trying to meta-read me off of nothing, that's always amusing. :neutral:

It's kinda convenient to turn your read on me around right when the person who was expressing a strong townread of me is gone, you have to admit. :igmeou:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:29 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 550, CUDDLE TIME wrote:

- Dragon
Can you quote more than two people who've pushed
anyone
this game, if placing an actual vote is your standard? I think the only one to get more pressure has been HPE and maaaaaybe you (but most of that was unserious threats to policy you for being a big hydra, and yeah I think you might be nervous and over-reacting to that with the way you've taken over the posting and the others have basically disappeared).
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:46 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 559, Klick wrote: Hi Freedom :D

Aureal is the primary reason I told Gimli 'pretty high' instead of 'very high' earlier
I think I still strongly prefer ActionDan and think he's a very strong shot at hitting Kira
But if scum aren't going to let that go through then I'm willing to explore Aureal for a bit
Wow, I trust you the most at this point and still this makes me sorta feel like you're somehow trying to reverse psychology me into not voting Dan by linking him with me like that. But that makes no sense.

I'll vote Dan, but I don't feel he's too likely to be Kira since his playstyle here just seems to be unrelenting aggression that I largely can't see any reason for. He's a good candidate to be a follower though, just trying to take down someone else other than his Kira. At this point I'm willing to consider that good enough for day one.
-furtiveglance
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:52 am

I'm still on page 10. This is much harder than I thought it would be. I need to give my brain a break. For now I'll post what I have.

During this re-read of the game, I'm focusing on getting associetive reads leading from followers to Kira. My top Kira-read using this method is Cuddle. As much as I like their posts (mainly Dragon and Thomith), there's just so many people who could be their followers: Dan, Drew, Erinys, Gimli, Klick, Rat and Tao.

There's no one who's got even close to 7 potential followers. But there's many people with exactly 3 "non-followers". This is my "non-Kira" list:
  • Drew (Aureal, Klick, Rat).
  • Erinys (Cuddle, Dan, Klick).
  • Gimli (Aureal, Cuddle, Erinys).
  • Tao (Aureal, Cuddle, Dan).
These four could be of either alignment, but I don't think they are Kira.

Keep in mind that this is only up to page 10. I'll continue with this train of reasoning later.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:56 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 566, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 562, ActionDan wrote:
What was our last game?
I expect he's talking about Reunion.

And this is yet another example of Dan just totally not caring what people think of him, since his risk is growing at this point and he decides it's a great time to belittle you, when it's 2 days to deadline and I think you'd be willing to vote him?? Having a hard time seeing Kira play like that.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:11 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 571, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: There's no one who's got even close to 7 potential followers. But there's many people with exactly 3 "non-followers". This is my "non-Kira" list:
Uh, can you elaborate on what this means? I don't understand where you're going with this at all since there's precisely 2 followers of Kira. Like, if you're ruling out Kiras because there's not even 2 people who could be their followers (which I think it's probably too early to say here regardless) then there's still a huge gulf between 3 non-followers and 7. At most the people who have the most non-followers are just somewhat less likely to be Kira.
-furtiveglance
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:17 am

In post 573, Aureal wrote:
In post 571, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: There's no one who's got even close to 7 potential followers. But there's many people with exactly 3 "non-followers". This is my "non-Kira" list:
Uh, can you elaborate on what this means? I don't understand where you're going with this at all since there's precisely 2 followers of Kira. Like, if you're ruling out Kiras because there's not even 2 people who could be their followers (which I think it's probably too early to say here regardless) then there's still a huge gulf between 3 non-followers and 7. At most the people who have the most non-followers are just somewhat less likely to be Kira.
Yes, they are less likery to be Kira. They are in a four-way tie at the bottom of the list, which is why I don't think they are Kira.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”