Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Erato
Erato
Townie
Erato
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Erato »

This is my first game. And that is an interesting comment Vamp.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -Albert Einstein
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Azhrei (2): Erato, qwints
Vamparific (1): T-Rex
insanepenguin02 (1): Charrat
Erato (1): Azhrei

Not Voting: Vamparific, magisterrain, insanepenguin02, LongShanks
Success breeds suspicion
T-Rex
T-Rex
Townie
T-Rex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:14 am

Post by T-Rex »

Unvote

That definitely is an interesting thing to say Vamp. It seem like he's setting himself up for something. This way, when he messes up, his defense is already there. He can just respond with "I already told you guys I make mistakes"
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Vamparific »

T-Rex wrote:
Unvote

That definitely is an interesting thing to say Vamp. It seem like he's setting himself up for something. This way, when he messes up, his defense is already there. He can just respond with "I already told you guys I make mistakes"
I didn't mean to use it as mistakes, i mean i should know better by now, and I generally do, it's just i didn't want to be treated as really good for being IC, or to be yelled at for not being really good.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:33 am

Post by qwints »

I think vamp's statement is just meant to suggest that you shouldn't treat IC's as infallible. Not every person an IC points to is scum, even if the IC is town. If he uses it as an excuse for anti-town behaviour, however, he should be held responsible.
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Vamparific »

qwints wrote:I think vamp's statement is just meant to suggest that you shouldn't treat IC's as infallible. Not every person an IC points to is scum, even if the IC is town. If he uses it as an excuse for anti-town behaviour, however, he should be held responsible.
pretty much what i meant
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:31 am

Post by magisterrain »

wait, wait, wait
vamp, why do you think ahzrei could be scum?
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Vamparific »

1st the OMGUS thing, and the tlaking about the other game could be a distraction from suspision,but its not much to go on so i didnt vote them.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Why do I appear scummy to you Vamp? I'm just trying to get some discussion going.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Scratch that, sorry, didn't see your last post.

The OMGUS thing was just the first thing that popped into my head for a random vote, and I didn't know that we weren't allowed to discuss other games until you said. Newbie mistake.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Yaw »

The rule is actually that you can't discuss
ongoing
games. I was assuming by the way the conversation was going that the game in question was finished. If not, then yes, it should not be discussed. (Nor should this game be discussed outside the thread.)
Success breeds suspicion
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Yaw wrote:The rule is actually that you can't discuss
ongoing
games. I was assuming by the way the conversation was going that the game in question was finished. If not, then yes, it should not be discussed. (Nor should this game be discussed outside the thread.)
Ahhh, that's what I thought beforehand. Yes, the game in question was finished.
LongShanks
LongShanks
Townie
LongShanks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by LongShanks »

It was definitely a fail game btw. -.-
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by Charrat »

Maybe we can all answer some questions about the game and get some discussion going. We don't have much information to go on yet, but maybe someone has an opinion they could share.

1. At this moment, are there any players that you believe are town? If so, why?
2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia? If so, why?. 3. How would you choose who to lynch today if you do not yet have any suspicions of who may be mafia?
4. Would you consider vote for no-lynching today? Why or why not?
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:37 am

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Good questions, Charrat.

1) Need more info

2/3) The only suspicious activity thus far would have to be vamp's comment. It is still rubbing me the wrong way - almost as if you were not only trying to cover your steps for the future but also to try to confuse us a little more in the future. If we know that you "make mistakes" then you're making it so you could be forgiven in the future. I just think that it was an unnecessary comment that really painted a bad picture of you right off the bat. It was a scum move IMO. So if I had to right now, I would probably vote for vamp (Note: not in bold, not official).

4) We need to give it some time to get more info. If we end with not much info in the near future, sure maybe we should no-lynch but if somebody suspicious shows their hand a little, then there would be no reason not to lynch.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:51 am

Post by magisterrain »

Vamparific wrote:1st the OMGUS thing, and the tlaking about the other game could be a distraction from suspision,but its not much to go on so i didnt vote them.
hm. the OMGUS vote was random as far as i can tell. its at the top of pg 2
so basically, thats not sufficient reason to be suspicious of azhrei

long shanks was also involved in the discussion of the other game, so why couldnt he arouse your suspicion? and anyway, there was no suspicion for them to be distracting others from at that point.

your comments about possibly making a mistake in the future are extremely sketchy. for now
FOVampS

ill come back with more later
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:52 am

Post by magisterrain »

EBWOP: FOS Vamp
popsofctown: which makes me notice you have no sig. get one. you could do a quote.
T-Rex
T-Rex
Townie
T-Rex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:18 am

Post by T-Rex »

2. At this moment, are there any players that you suspect are mafia? If so, why?. 3. How would you choose who to lynch today if you do not yet have any suspicions of who may be mafia?
1/2) Not enough info for me to form any real ideas. No one has done anything that warrants any kind of reaction, aside from Vamp's comment, which really isn't much to go by.
3) If there's no one presenting any suspicious behavior, I'd probably like to lynch whoever was helping the town least. Whether they're lurking, or only contributing a few sentences upon posting.
4. No, I've never like voting no lynch. I believe they hurt the town more than they help, and I believe it's just giving the scum a free kill. This game doesn't start on a night phase for a reason.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Yaw »

Erato has requested replacement due to family obligations. I'll get a replacement for her as soon as I can.
Success breeds suspicion
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Azhrei »

Charrat wrote:Maybe we can all answer some questions about the game and get some discussion going. We don't have much information to go on yet, but maybe someone has an opinion they could share.

1. I dunno yet, not enough info.

2./3. Nobody has really given me a scummy vibe yet, and the only thing is Vamp's comment, which really could be nothing.

4. No, because it's been proven that no-lynching is bad for the town.

Oh, and
unvote
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Yaw »

Benmage replaces Erato, effective immediately.
Success breeds suspicion
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hello all, this is my first mafiascum game, so excuse me if I'm not up to date on all the terminology. I am however not totally new to the basic concepts. I've played several of these style games on a forum from a mud game I play.

That being said, from my past experience it is generally a waste to not vote, and or to vote "no lynch", as that merely puts us into the night phase and gives the mafia scum a free kill. I know its difficult to point fingers with little information, there's really no easy way to do this...

Anywho I
vote insanepenguin02
He voted early..than said he wanted to wait for more information before he casted a "real vote". Next he takes back his vote, showing that he really didn't have any interest or knowledge in his first vote... Well what if people had jumped on a bandwagon and Longshanks was lynched...He's seems like a fairly sketchy scummy character to me. As we lack in concrete information I think this may be the best course of action, lest we give the mafia scum free night kills.
insanepenguin02 wrote:Oh, yeah I definitely want to hear a lot more from everyone before I would ever cast a
real vote
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Vamparific »

Benmage wrote: That being said, from my past experience it is generally a waste to not vote, and or to vote "no lynch", as that merely puts us into the night phase and gives the mafia scum a free kill. I know its difficult to point fingers with little information, there's really no easy way to do this...

Anywho I
vote insanepenguin02
He voted early..than said he wanted to wait for more information before he casted a "real vote". Next he takes back his vote, showing that he really didn't have any interest or knowledge in his first vote... Well what if people had jumped on a bandwagon and Longshanks was lynched...He's seems like a fairly sketchy scummy character to me. As we lack in concrete information I think this may be the best course of action, lest we give the mafia scum free night kills.
insanepenguin02 wrote:Oh, yeah I definitely want to hear a lot more from everyone before I would ever cast a
real vote
0.o very good points
vote insanepenguin02
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Benmage wrote:Hello all, this is my first mafiascum game, so excuse me if I'm not up to date on all the terminology. I am however not totally new to the basic concepts. I've played several of these style games on a forum from a mud game I play.

That being said, from my past experience it is generally a waste to not vote, and or to vote "no lynch", as that merely puts us into the night phase and gives the mafia scum a free kill. I know its difficult to point fingers with little information, there's really no easy way to do this...

Anywho I
vote insanepenguin02
real vote
Is that really enough to lynch someone with?

If anything, the way Vamp has just agreed with you is scummy.

FOS: Vamp
T-Rex
T-Rex
Townie
T-Rex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by T-Rex »

Benmage wrote:Hello all, this is my first mafiascum game, so excuse me if I'm not up to date on all the terminology. I am however not totally new to the basic concepts. I've played several of these style games on a forum from a mud game I play.

Anywho I
vote insanepenguin02
real vote
I'm a bit confused by this post, so I may be going the wrong way here.

However, I believe you are saying this his random vote was a bad decision because it could've started a bandwagon. The random vote, however, is just that, a random vote. It isn't serious nor should it turn into anything serious, and if anyone bandwagoned it with serious lynching intention, they are the suspicious ones. Basically, no one ever has interst or knowledge in their first vote, save the interest of discussion and the hope of knowledge later gained.

I don't think you are suspicious however. I think you only misunderstood the random voting stage.

Vamp on the other hand, is much more suspicious, in my eyes, for agreeing with you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”