Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote on the wagon.... you mean the antitown player has to be lynched?

So, just to clarify: If we lynch scum, and you were the first, second, or third vote on the wagon, and your role PM is
not
posted, you will have no problem with being lynched?

In that case,
unvote
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by populartajo »

Xylthixlm wrote:Vote on the wagon.... you mean the antitown player has to be lynched?

So, just to clarify: If we lynch scum, and you were the first, second, or third vote on the wagon, and your role PM is
not
posted, you will have no problem with being lynched?

In that case,
unvote
Agree.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:Kay guys, you win.
My ultimate goes online when I am the first, second or third vote on the wagon of an anti-town player.
I am leaving a big part of my role to myself. It will all make sense when my role PM is posted by the mod.
Now, can we investigate other person?
people voting for Tajo wrote:Vi, dahill1, Stef, Kinetic, Machiavellian-Mafia, Xylthixlm, hasdgfas, hasdgfas, TehVariable, qwints
Specially one from this list?
Umm, mod I should be voting for Tsjo, not the person above him, so my carryover vote is on Pesco
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:48 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Seems like a... wonky kind of ultimate condition, but anyway,

In light of this news and figure out whether Pesco's abilities are for the good of the town or not. 'Clearing someone' when they're dead is pretty open ended as to what could happen.

Either that or Ceph.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:43 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Hey guys I just replaced in blah blah blah my top 3 suspects for today are:

DGB (for voting for herself which would have caused town to waste an investigation)
Ceprir (for the same reason as DGB and lurking)
Pop (for voting tar before Malt claimed to have used his ability)

I actually wrote this yesterday and got the CPU quota error. I believe tajo's claim so you can delete his name from my suspect list.

Vote Stef
FoS DGB
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Vi »

populartajo 924 wrote:
people voting for Tajo wrote:Vi, dahill1, Stef, Kinetic, Machiavellian-Mafia, Xylthixlm, hasdgfas, hasdgfas, TehVariable, qwints
lol, OMGUS. If you're going to try that line of thought, why not look beyond yourself at who was on BOTH your wagon and DGb's wagon? (Xyl, Kinetic,
TehVariable
)

Since I think a few people are going to be on your case to make sure you're one of the first three people on any wagon from now on, I think your claim works for now. So...

Unvote: whoever
Vote: Machiavellian-Mafia
(Kinetic)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:15 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

populartajo wrote:Now, can we investigate other person?
Of these people, hasdgfas is obviously a double voter, so I think investigating him is a waste of time. TehVariable would make a nice investigation target IMO, and I have a gut feeling about qwints. But I don't think we have to investigate the people on your wagon. (I already activated and stated my ultimate, so I'm not a good investigation target.)

I think the two best investigation targets are Kairyuu and whomever he counterclaimed (the CPU quota came up while typing this, so I have no way of checking at this time).
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

hp [leaves] wrote:DGB (for voting for herself which would have caused town to waste an investigation)
Ceprir (for the same reason as DGB and lurking)
I fail to see how wanting to have yourself investigated is anti-town.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:35 am

Post by TehVariable »

StrangerCoug wrote: TehVariable would make a nice investigation target IMO
Not that it precisely matters beyond wasting an investigation, but did you miss the part where it was established that I'm forbiddanlight? I obviously cannot be scum if this is true (and that's probably the iffy part), but given my role as forbiddanlight and my claimed role, I think it makes a bit of sense. As well as posting style, for that matter.

Further, I initiated the whack a mole, and I'd love to hear an anti town theory for that.

Of course, as I was thinking, I actually am not that bad a target, if there is a cult it wouldn't do to have me parading around as "confirmed town". Then again, the investigation results would only help you for so long. I think there are better targets.

So, my official stance on looking at me is I don't like it, but I'll understand it and if it's decided to be done I will back it up.

Anyway, with tajo's ultimate condition claimed, I'm happy going with

Unvote, Vote Stef
(Cephrir)

ShadowGirl wrote:
In light of this news and figure out whether Pesco's abilities are for the good of the town or not. 'Clearing someone' when they're dead is pretty open ended as to what could happen.
I could see this too.
Kairyuu wrote: I'm not particular either way. I would go for DGB, Tajo, Seraphim, Cephrir, or myself (if you guys want to confirm that I'm not lying scum).
I don't think this would help much. I'm almost certain you are indeed a neutral. It's just a matter of if you are Haruhi or Mao, and I fully believe if you were Mao you'd get Haruhi as a fakeclaim. Since Whack-a-Mole gives alignment, this wouldn't be helpful.
TehVariable
TehVariable
Goon
TehVariable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:36 am

Post by TehVariable »

Xyl wrote:
I fail to see how wanting to have yourself investigated is anti-town.
I agree, unless it's a show.

I'm willing to say DGB gives pro town vibes for attempting it, but Cephrir felt a lot like he was copying what appeared to "clear" DGB. I don't like this.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Vi »

StrangerCoug 931 wrote:I think the two best investigation targets are Kairyuu and whomever he counterclaimed (the CPU quota came up while typing this, so I have no way of checking at this time).
Xylthixlm. (860)
His name came up on my list too...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:39 am

Post by dahill1 »

ok thank you for the claim finally!
also, just because we wanted you to claim =/= we are scum.

unvote vote stef
(cephrir)
as per reasons i've already stated many times
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:41 am

Post by dahill1 »

oops
unvote

just remembered tajo has to be the 1st 2nd or 3rd vote so we should probably let him vote first.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:41 am

Post by veerus »

Vi wrote:Since I think a few people are going to be on your case to make sure you're one of the first three people on any wagon from now on, I think your claim works for now.
This. Tajo's claim makes sense.
Vote: Stef
(Cephrir). I would also be up for XssX/Seraphim since he's yet to post content... still.
TehVariable wrote:I don't think this would help much. I'm almost certain you are indeed a neutral. It's just a matter of if you are Haruhi or Mao, and I fully believe if you were Mao you'd get Haruhi as a fakeclaim. Since Whack-a-Mole gives alignment, this wouldn't be helpful.
I am inclined to agree with this. Dreams of reality is too powerful, random and too general to be given to one of the primary factions.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 am

Post by veerus »

dahill1 wrote:oops
unvote

just remembered tajo has to be the 1st 2nd or 3rd vote so we should probably let him vote first.
We're not
lynching
with this vote since Whack-a-Mole is in effect, so I think it should be ok in this case.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 am

Post by dahill1 »

veerus wrote:
dahill1 wrote:oops
unvote

We're not
lynching
with this vote since Whack-a-Mole is in effect, so I think it should be ok in this case.
argh i forgot..again!

vote stef

..again
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Vote qwints
(Shadowgirl)

Come out from the sidelines please. The last 2 posts were just fillers for activity.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Kinetic »

Vi wrote:
populartajo 924 wrote:
lol, OMGUS. If you're going to try that line of thought, why not look beyond yourself at who was on BOTH your wagon and DGb's wagon? (Xyl, Kinetic,
TehVariable
)

Since I think a few people are going to be on your case to make sure you're one of the first three people on any wagon from now on, I think your claim works for now. So...

Vote: Machiavellian-Mafia
(Kinetic)
I was never on Pop's wagon. I voted Pop, but intended the vote to carry over to Pesco, read the post:
Kinetic wrote:
Pesco47 wrote:Pick someone other than DGB. it'll be redundant with my action.

I'd prefer to have the people I target still be alive when my ultimate triggers for maximum effect. Feel free to speculate wether it's a mass delayed-vig or something crazy, I won't be telling.
o.O

You're right. You make a good case sir.

Unvote;Vote:populartajo
(Pesco47)
I only noticed the mod made a mistake when Pop had my name on his list and I said to myself "I never voted pop, wtf"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Vi »

And I'm pretty sure I saw that post, too... My mind is shorting out.

Vote: qwints
(ShadowGirl) for reasons that should be obvious if you've been reading my posts.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

veerus wrote:Cephir has been recognized as a lurker (and even tried to mimic DGB's behavior at one point a few pages ago to get off the radar).
I did?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:Kay guys, you win.
My ultimate goes online when I am the first, second or third vote on the wagon of an anti-town player.
I am leaving a big part of my role to myself. It will all make sense when my role PM is posted by the mod.
Now, can we investigate other person?
I wonder if Whack-a-Mole would have any effect on this ultimate condition. (i.e. We still technically 'lynch' someone, except they don't die... )

Don't think it would hurt to test that at least, no?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Strangercoug:
I think the two best investigation targets are Kairyuu and whomever he counterclaimed
I didn't counterclaim anyone. I was accused of being Mao (with the correct name of my night action) and was therefore forced to come out with a full claim to explain my actions (and that I'm not Mao).

However, I have no problem with being the investigation target. It will prove that I am neutral as I claim.

@TehVariable:
I fully believe if you were Mao you'd get Haruhi as a fakeclaim.
I didn't get any fakeclaims. However, I did get the ability to request any fake role pm that I want (and I may be using that soon just to make a wacky, completely improbable one).

@all: I just realized something. I may actually be able to make it to a win in this game (or at least to my ultimate) if you guys don't lynch me. If I remember correctly, in the other games, some of the Dreams powers were more helpful to the scum than the town. Given that I have horrible luck in guessing this type of thing, I'm sure that if I'm left alive I will end up hitting a few of those (and yes, this is a shameless attempt to keep myself alive and unblocked :P )

Also, my role pm specifically mentions this, and I should have said this when I claimed, but I forgot. I do not count as a separate faction for the purpose of roles whose win conditions involve eliminating all other/all antitown factions. That is, I don't count as an anti-town faction according to my role pm.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Kairyuu wrote:@Strangercoug:
I think the two best investigation targets are Kairyuu and whomever he counterclaimed
I didn't counterclaim anyone. I was accused of being Mao (with the correct name of my night action) and was therefore forced to come out with a full claim to explain my actions (and that I'm not Mao).
That's what I meant.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 am

Post by dahill1 »

sorry refresh my memory
what exactly does the Dreams power do again?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@dahill:I have ten of them, and I am required to use one each day at twilight. I have no idea what any of them do (though I suspect that one of them turns the game into kingmaker for a day, even though it has a different name than in the other two games). Some of them have pro-town effects, some neutral, and some anti-town.

I used one called "Where did the cat go?" Twilight 1, and I attempted to use "Wandering Shadow" and "The Day of Sagittarius" Twilight 2, but they failed to work. This Twilight I am debating between using "Endless Eight" (which I suspect has something to do with the deadline, "The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya" (which sounds cool, and kinda supports my claim), and "Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!" (which I suspect makes the game into kingmaker for the day). I'm willing to take suggestions, and will reveal the other ones available to me if people would like.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”