Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

Let's just hope he wasn't metal :p
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

God, we're idiots though, I could have role-blocked him and we could have de-mettalled him just in case

oh well, I guess.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by ortolan »

Good, we did win :)

I'd really like to see the dynamics revealed now :)
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

Also, despite being neutral Illumina actually won the game for town.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

Also, despite being neutral Illumina actually won the game for town.
QFT
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by ortolan »

God, we're idiots though, I could have role-blocked him and we could have de-mettalled him just in case
That's true.

I just realised Illumina's role was probably in the game to punish people for claiming metal...interesting setup to speculate on, and I'm still holding my breath waiting to see if TM was metal or not.
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

With a simple noose, even the most undead creatures can be killed. In fact, the town's choice to kill, TonyMontana, was
Nim Abomination, mafia-aligned Hunter?(tracker).
. And, with that, the remaining two look around. Of course, they smiled, the elves
always
live the longest.
ortolan, Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist and Porkens, Eternal Witness, town-aligned Witness
survived to the end of the game.

The town(SpyreX, ortolan, Vi, Porkens, Wall-E, Gremwell, CF Riot, Seraphim) fulfill their win condition and win the game.
The Metal Eater, Illumina, fulfills her Win Condition and wins the game.
The Mafia(MafiaSSK, TonyMontana, Geraintm) don't fulfill their with condition and lose the game.

Modnotes in a sec.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

:highfives:
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Bah/Go town! That was scary. Dying when Porkens got serumed actually made me think Pork would be scum for a second. Who said we should lynch TM yesterday huh!? Yeah, that's right.

I'm definitely anxious for those mod notes. This game was really complicated. Fun though.

Also, Porkens your new avatar is
creepy
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Welcome, geraintm.

You are are Memnarch, Mafia-Aligned Metal Techno-God. You created this world. You have more devoted subjects than Master Karn. YOU are going to win this. You have contacted your servants, the Vedalken Engineer Tuberkulos and the Nim Abomination Tony Montana. They shall help you in this endeavor.
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
Each night, you may speak to your subjects at this quicktopic.
Each night, you may send in a message telling me who you are to kill. Note that you yourself do not have to commit the killing, either of your subjects can, too.
Claiming: You know that Mycosynth Golem and Wizard Replica are not in the game.
Once during the game, you can send me a name and a set of abilities. I will make a fake role PM with those abilities for you to use.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining(or nothing can prevent the same).

Please confirm in thread.
Note: If serumed, he gains a second vote.
Kill method is “evaporated”.
Welcome, Tuberkulos.

You are a Vedalken Engineer, Mafia-Aligned Scryer. Your god, Memnarch(geraintm), has called upon you and some Nim Abomination(Tony Montana) to help him in his quest to kill the elf girl, Glissa, and become a planeswalker.
Abilities: Each night, you may talk to your god and the Nim at this quicktopic.
Claiming: You know that Quicksilver Dragon and Neurok Prodigy are not in this game.
Once in role PM with those abilities.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining(or nothing can prevent the same).
If serumed, becomes rolecop for a night.
Kill method is “deleted”.
Welcome, TonyMontana.

You are a Nim Abomination, mafia-aligned hunter. Your master, Geth, has sent you to help some omnipotent being(geraintm) and some blue dude(Tuberkulos) to kill some elf...or something like that. Your a flying zombie. Who cares about the specifics. All you know is that you should be trying to kill things.
Abilities: Each night, you may talk to Memnarch and Tuberkulos at this quicktopic.
Claiming: You know that Moriok Scavenger is not in this game.
Once during the game, you may send me a name and a list of abilities. I will make a fake role PM with those abilities.
If serumed, becomes a tracker for the night.
Kill method is “consumed”.
Welcome, Illumina.

You are Arcbound Ravager, Self-Aligned Metal Eater. You see, there's been this Tarmogoyf stalking you for a while, but it's a 2/3. Your here because you know you can find some metal beings here. And if you could just eat two of them, well, that means that you can Kill the Tarmogoyf.
Abilities: Each night, you may target another player. If that player is metal, you will eat them. This kills them.
You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way(well, outside your own ability).
Claiming: You know that Raksha Golden Cub is not in this game. Once in the game, you may send me a role name and abilities. If you do, I will create a fake PM with those abilities.
Win Condition: You win when you have eaten two metal players. This does not end the game.

Please confirm in-thread.
Does not gain any abilities if serumed.
Is not neutral, must either win the game or be killed for the other factions to win.
Kill Method is “sandviched”.
Welcome, Seraphim.

You are the Blinkmoth Nexus, town-aligned Serum Giver. As the living ancestral home of the Blinkmoths, who make the Blinkmoth Serum(go figure...), you have a lot of Blinkmoth Serum. This should help the town somehow.
Abilities: Each day, you may target a player. That player will be given the Blinkmoth Serum, activating their innate abilities.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.
If serumed, nothing happens.
Welcome, ortolan.

You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist. Ever since your birth, you've had a mysterious power to destroy metal. And now you are having these visions of a non-metal world. And then there is the troll Chunth who is telling you you have the spark. Oh, that's not even to mention the ancient robot deity that is chasing you. You just want a place to lie down...
Abilities: You have no outstanding abilities at this time.
If serumed, becomes untargetable.
Welcome, Gremwell.

You are Death-Mask Duplicant, town-aligned metal body double. You search the land, following the stench of death, looking for a new body to steal. In your search, you found this place. Well, it looks like there is going to some bloodshed here. Maybe your powers will help out.
If serumed, gains the powers of whoever was the most recently killed.
Welcome, Porkens.

You are the Eternal Witness, town-aligned Witness. You remember the old world. Then Memnarch stole you away to this metal monstrosity he calls a world. For years, you have hidden, learning the passageways and hidden places of Mirrodin. Now, the elf-girl Glissa is ready to face Memnarch. You will give your support to her cause.
If serumed, becomes a Jailkeeper.
Welcome, SpyreX.

You are a Krark-Clan Shaman, town-aligned Blacksmith.
"With a smack of his hammer, Krark realized that the world was hollow. These words started a cult, the Krark-Clan. You are one of it's shaman. Long have you hunted, looking for the entrance to this hollow world. And now you have found it, with the girl Glissa. You owe your life's mission to her and will help in any way you can.
Abilities: You have no outstanding abilities.
If serumed, gains two one-shot abilities: the ability to turn one player besides himself metal, or to turn one player flesh.
Welcome, timeater.

You are Triskellion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.

Confirm in thread.
If serumed, gains a double-vote.
Welcome, Wall-E.

You are the Auriok Champion, town-aligned hero. Memnarch killed your friends, your family, your love, your city, everything you ever knew. Except your sword. You will get revenge on this battleground.
If serumed, becomes a vigilante for the night.
Kill Method is “slain”.
Welcome, CF Riot.

You are a Neurok Spy, town-aligned Spy. Well, since Bruenna is sick at the Krark-Home base, you have been sent to help Glissa in her stead. Maybe your...talents can help in some way.
If serumed, becomes a tracker.

Day One Actions
SpyreX is lynched(dies)
MafiaSSK is serumed(becomes rolecop)
Timeater is mycosynthed(becomes flesh)
Seraphim serums CF Riot(becomes tracker)
Night One Actions
CF Riot tracks Wall-E(gets result of “stayed at home”)
Illumina attempts to eat ortolan(fails, obv.)
MafiaSSK investigates timeater(gets result of “Triskellion”)
TonyMontana attempts to kill Wall-E(Wall-E dies)
Day Two Actions
MafiaSSK is lynched(dies)
Ortolan is serumed(becomes untargetable)
Seraphim is mycosynthed(becomes flesh)
Seraphim serums Vi(becomes Doublevoter)
Night Two Actions
Illumina attempts to eat Gremwell(Gremwell dies)
TonyMontana attempts to kill Seraphim(Seraphim dies)
Day Three Actions
Vi is lynched(dies)
Porkens is serumed(becomes Jailkeeper)
Illumina is mycosynthed(becomes flesh)
Night Three Actions
Porkens jails ortolan(is protected and roleblocked)
Illumina attempts to eat geraintm(geraintm dies)
Geraintm attempts to kill CF Riot(CF Riot dies)
Illumina fulfills Win Condition
Day Four Actions
TonyMontana is lynched(dies)
Town Fulfills win condition.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

The fact that if we hadn't synthed time-eater day 1 he would have been eaten is hilarious to me.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Would've saved us some headache, I'll tell ya that. SSK really did investigate TE? That was a waste. I made some serious flubs this game. Definitely not my best performance.

Pork were you really getting suspicious of me near endgame? Why?

What was the
real
deal with the whole "Capital T" thing, and what does everyone think about how it impacted the game? I think it was sort of bad, but at the same time it didn't really hurt Illumina (she won) or Geraintm (got eaten) and Tony actually wrote his fake PM correctly and still bit the dust for it, so I don't think it was as disruptive as it could've been. I actually would've pushed for a TM lynch harder if the capital T issue never came up, so in a way I think it sort of helped scum.
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I'm generally glad about how this game ended up going. Despite the fact that the town lost two of it's power roles early and mycosynthed it's metal people, it came through. The fact that the town was busy arguing with itself and ignoring the lurkers(who were all, ironically, scum) also didn't help. In the end, I gotta say that I'm not sure how the town won this. Ironically, though, if the town hadn't synthed timeater, then Illumina would have ate him and probably killed Gremwell the next night, putting the town at LyLo a day early and with the mafia having a metal dude left. So, in short, the town missynthed to victory.

Alright, so here's the other notes.

Arcbound Ravager: When I started designing the game, I came to one conclusion: I needed three elements. The serum and metal mechanics were the first two. The final one was, of course, flavor. I also knew that Arcbound Ravager must be in the game and had to be self-aligned. As the design evolved, I came to the conclusion that I needed failsafes for all three mechanics. And ArcRav functioned as the failsafe for the metal players. Arcbound Ravager made perfect sense, as it's flavor--literally--is that it eats metal. One thing I would have done differently than Illumina is to push for metal claims more often. maybe even a massmetalclaim day one. With a little thought, I'm sure it would have been possible.

Memnarch: The metal mechanic took care of one ability of a typical mafia godfather, but I needed a second serum ability. The normal abilities of a godfather(Investigation-Immune) were useless in a game like this where the mafia had an EXTREME advantage in knowledge, since they knew(for the most part) who had the powerroles. So I needed a slightly weak, but certainly dignified ability. Doublevoting simply made a lot of sense for the godfather, and it stook. Expect me to use this ability on godfathers more often.

Vedalken Engineer: One of the metal and flavor failsafes. I generally tried to make the role name be similar to the normal role and he had the added benefit of identifying who all was metal, since I made all artifacts metal and even had the word "metal" in their rolenames.

Nim Abomination: The normal ability I would use for a third member of the mafia, Roleblocker, was useless in this setup(since they had to be both Serumed and have another target be serumed for it to be marginally useful. So I had to think outside of the box. Tracker made a good pick, I thought.

Blinkmoth Nexus: The Blinkmoth Failsafe. The mechanics of the serum, including the 2-nights-and-forever rule necessitated that, if the town wanted to continue using a useful power, they had to waste their serum each day. Blinkmoth Nexus was there so that other roles could still work if they wanted to. He was also a flavor failsafe, since Blinkmoth Nexus isn't a creature.

Neurok Spy: The investigative role of sorts. Not much to say. CF Riot played admirably this game.

Glissa Sunseeker: A flavor failsafe. Although essentially being an innocent child due to the fact all the role PMs mention her being good, all her flavor text also reference her ability to kill metal. Instead she became untargetable. The actual ability was given because, if the mafia figured out that Glissa was the rolename, they would probably kill the obvtown role.

Auriok Champion: I always need a vig. Also, I love my writing for this PM. I just wish it survived a bit longer...

Eternal Witness: The most powerful role the town had. I wanted to find room to use both a doctor and a roleblocker, but I couldn't find room. After this game, though, I realize now that a jailkeeper can also be an investigative role, and almost prolonged the game a good couple days. Heck, simply targeting geraintm the last night would make it a 7-player day...again.

Triskellion: First of all, I'm an idiot. This role was supposed to be Triskellavus. You know, the only that flies and grows and shrinks? I just wrote down the wrong thing in the role PMs. I tried to keep the metal role's abilities weak. And double-voting is pretty weak, I think.

Death-Mask Duplicant: This card is one of my personal favorite cards, and I wanted to put it in the game. Then I just followed the flavor and ended up with Back-Up. Also, he is the only one possible of being the vanilla townie.

Krark-Clan Shaman: This role was a draft of the original design of Mycosynth Golem. I had to change the name and weaken it(originally, the mycosynthing was infinite) and then you guys go and lynch the very powerful metalizer day one...
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Oh, and before I forget, CF Riot is most definitely the MVP of this game. He managed to peg all the scum day two and generally, besides Vi, was incredibly pro-town. I was surprised he didn't get NK'd night one.

Finally, I want your opinions. On a scale of one to ten, how good of a mod was I?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by Natirasha »

One final thing: If you liked this game, I suggest you pre-in for Mind Screw Gaiden. It's going to be great and it's almost full already.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by Illumina »

Sweet, my strategy panned out. Playing as a neutral is pretty fun.

To tell the truth, I'm still not sure how well my claim played out. And yeah, I was annoyed that Timeater got myco'd D1, so I had to take a stab in the dark with ort. Fortunately, I made a good educated guess with Gremwell, and then the real analysis started when I tried to spot the last metal player I needed. I figured that one of the mafia (Memnarch) would be metal, so ironically I was scumhunting with the rest of you towards the end. It was actually CF Riot's observation of geraintm and TM's collective reaction to mycosynthing that got me considering them as a scum team; about the middle of day 3 I figured they were probably scum, and one of them was the last metal I needed.

Problem was, I needed a way to ensure that neither geraintm or TM were mycosynthed, lest I lose my path to victory. After much deliberation, I decided that my best bet was to appear scummy enough to warrant mycosynthing myself, so that I could kill the right scum and win during the night. Hence my Nim Lasher claim: Nicol actually warned me that they weren't metal because they weren't artifacts, but I thought the information on them strongly suggested they were metal, so I went with it. The capital T thing was also my mistake, there. When we did the massclaim, I was basically acting scummy deliberately so I could get those myco votes. Also, I wasn't sure which one of the two was metal, so that's why I was defending Vi: advocating for a TM or geraintm lynch was the second part of my plan. It surprised me when everyone became fixated on Vi, and once Porkens posted his logic on possible outcomes, I realized that I'd have to bite the bullet and take a 50/50 chance that night. Fortunately for me, geraintm's metal claim was true, because I still think they could have won if they reversed their claims that way.

So that was my strategy. It was really amusing to see Porkens adamantly suspecting Vi of being the SK. :)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:05 am

Post by ortolan »

Lucky I was Glissa ay ;)

Cool game, I think I wasted too much time speculating about theme-WIFOM though.

That and on day one the three people I was most suspicious of were actually all town. I must say it was kind of dissapointing that all three scum thought the best strategy was to lurk, and furthermore that they almost won by doing so. For the record though, TonyMontana didn't really act *that* scummy during the game, but on re-reading he did defend MafiaSSK pretty strongly before it became clear he was scum. Apart from that there was no way I was going to vote Porkens in the end-game when he'd probably posted about 100 times as much content as TM- so ultimately the lurking did hurt the scum, I think (and to think TM probably lurked the least of the scum, too, lol).
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 am

Post by ortolan »

and I would pre-in for Mind Screw Gaiden but I'm in four minis atm :(

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:57 am

Post by TonyMontana »

BAH. I figured Ill was the killer, and also thought he would kill my partner, but I was not counting on him slipping away after the night. Once i saw the deathscene, I felt screwed.

Anyway, this game was all kinds of fun, GG Nati.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:11 am

Post by Vi »

Well this was unexpected. Perhaps Illumina should be the MVP, though, since thanks to the quickmislynch D3 the game completely flipped to Town's favor N3. (And what do you mean my existence in this game could/should have been avoided? Thanks mucho <_< )

I'm not really sure what my worth to this game was, other than to press it out until there really were no options other than the three lurkers for scum. :v
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi, thanks again for replacing in. It was a really hard slot to come into. I just got so hung up on the idea that there were FAR fewer non-serum powers.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Vi »

Don't get me wrong, it was a neat experience. I wasn't kidding about being my lynch record; fighting for my life was fun. And there aren't
m
any hard feelings; constructive bickering is how things get done :)

Oh also, pre-in for Mind Screw Gaiden.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Seraphim »

I'll admit, I wasn't helpful in this game. I suppose my best play was seruming Vi, but even that...well, the town still won, regardless of useless my play was. At least you guys didn't lynch me! 8D
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Vi »

Seraphim wrote:I'll admit, I wasn't helpful in this game. I suppose my best play was seruming Vi, but even that...well, the town still won, regardless of useless my play was. At least you guys didn't lynch me! 8D
I was surprised you chose me, after my defense job of SSK...
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Seraphim »

I never really got a scum read from Timeater, just a pissed read. And when you replaced in, I watched you and got a town read. I was active-lurking; I was certainly reading the thread, but didn't want to attract unwanted attention to myself. Which I suppose I did. Oh well.

Plus, I had send in my power during the day. We didn't know SSK was scum at that point

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”