CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:17 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

ZONEACE wrote: Don't make me fist you next prozac.
... if you think about this, it just doesnt sound right.

And now
unvote

I believe Zone's claim because of how it fits in with all the rest of the game and flavour. I don't understand why the role kept getting replaced though, it doesnt seem to bad.

@Charter: Do you have any other suspects at this point in the game? Because you seem to have only been focusing on the Wolf/NS/Zone player the entire time.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:41 am

Post by ZONEACE »

CoheedCambria09 wrote: I don't understand why the role kept getting replaced though, it doesnt seem to bad.

Wolf left the site (as noted by farside at the time of her replacement) and NS seems to have been a nub that flaked on the site. The replacements had nothing to do with the role, just the people who had it previously.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

Knowing wolf, he wouldnt of needed replacing unless there was a good reason. He was an asset to the site. Damnit Ive just used up my compliment points for today, now Ill have to be a moody bastard.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:54 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Porochaz wrote:Knowing wolf, he wouldnt of needed replacing unless there was a good reason. He was an asset to the site. Damnit Ive just used up my compliment points for today, now Ill have to be a moody bastard.
Don't worry, the fisting will make you surly enough, i'm sure.
Acid Flux
Acid Flux
Goon
Acid Flux
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Acid Flux »

Haven't seen anything yet to convince me to change my vote. However, Zone's tl;dr is a solid stand. I'm not convinced that it's completely true, however, considering my own role.

At this point, I'm simply eager for some confirmed information, and there's only one way to get that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Stewie: [watching baseball] Why does that man drop his club before he runs around? I would bring it with me!

Vote count:

ZONEACE 3 vote: (charter, Elivs knits, tubby216)
Porochaz 1 vote: (Kmd4390)
TonyMontana 4 vote: (Porochaz, forbiddanlight, BlakAdder, Acid Flux)
charter 2 vote: (ZONEACE, Zilla)
tubby 1 vote: (LlamaFluff)

Not voting:

Hybris
RestFermata
populartajo
TonyMontana
CoheedCambria09

Day 2 deadline is December 29th, 3:30pm PST
With 16 alive it will take 9 to lynch
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Hybris »

ZONEACE wrote:Ok, I tried to make this post while i was at work, but I do a lot of C&P in my job so i kept losing the post as i went back and forth, so after about the third try I gave up, but now that I'm home, I'll try again. Just a warning, This is going to be a LONG post with lots of quoting.

*Heh heh... no. I'm not quoting all that.
That was something interesting to say the least. I wonder how long that took you. I did something slightly similar earlier on in the game, but it was merely a count of how much people had posted. I'd imagine with how much farther we are in the game, and doing analyzing that it must have been a hard and long process, I could almost feel your frustration in making it near the end as you grew a little more critical.

But, to the point. Your case of RestFermata lurking and not contributing too much to the game does hold, but you may be exaggerating it slightly. I found that while a lot of those posts were no content, some of those you classified to be nothing, I would have assigned a little value to. Like, adding an opinion. Sometimes giving your opinion adds to the headcount of those who say they believe it, like more than one person making a case on a player, strength in numbers.

Summed up version; I think you have a case, but its not a completely major one. *Makes a mental bet with self*
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:17 am

Post by RestFermata »

Look, ZONEACE, I'm not going to lie and say that I have been a major contributor in this game, but I get a little lost in large games. I had to replace out of the last one because it was really overwhelming for me. You're not grasping at straws, however. Over the winter break I am going to have a lot of free time to focus on this game, though at Lake Tenkiller I might end up with a really lousy internet connection.

I'm starting to become a tad less suspicious of you. I also don't see Bonnie reappearing as scum in the second game, though we do have a self-proclaimed bastard mod here.

The player that I want to look at most right now is Hybris. I know I said she looks a little better after Zilla flipped town because of the defense, but rereading her posts I've noticed that she has been defending almost every player at some point. I'm getting a definite "I'm attempting to simultaneously buddy up to everyone while still casting suspicion on anybody I can by seeming indecisive about everyone (excluding myself of course)" vibe from her. You're probably all going to accuse me of strawmanning, but just think of my summaries as MY take on Hybris' thinking, nothing more. But look at her last post about me:
Hybris wrote:But, to the point. Your case of RestFermata lurking and not contributing too much to the game does hold, but you may be exaggerating it slightly. I found that while a lot of those posts were no content, some of those you classified to be nothing, I would have assigned a little value to. Like, adding an opinion. Sometimes giving your opinion adds to the headcount of those who say they believe it, like more than one person making a case on a player, strength in numbers.

Summed up version; I think you have a case, but its not a completely major one. *Makes a mental bet with self*
(summary) Your case against RestFermata is pretty good, but not great!

If that were the only time he'd said something like that, I wouldn't think much of it. But check this out:
Hybris wrote:Thats interesting. I agree with what Charter said, and I understood, before the explanation. I don't know if it needs restating right now for others, but for the moment I'll assume that most get it. Wolf does make an interesting counterpoint, but I'm not exactly sure if its convincing, and stating exactly what it is in my own words would likely be scummy, so I'll have to let him explain it to everyone himself.

Anyway, not sure if the logic is precisely sound but...
Vote: Wolf

Its the best argument I've heard so far, despite slight presuming.
(summary) I agree with Charter, but Wolf's defense is interesting! I might believe it, but I might not. I'll have to think about it. I'm going to vote Wolf, but I'm going to leave the door open for changing my vote on a whim later because there is "slight presuming" in Charter's argument.
Hybris wrote:Oh, and as for general lurking-non scum hunting part....

There are many others who are doing similar things, and at points to a worse degree, so I don't think that you should single me out in that.
(summary) Hey, no fair! They're being scummy too! Don't look at me, look at them!
Hybris wrote:Should I just stop talking? Seems like every time I post you all turn right on me and tell me I'm being scummy.
(summary) You're not allowed to tell me that
I'm
scummy.
Hybris wrote: Yeah. Thats kind of what I was thinking you meant, just had to make sure.
Unvote: Wolf

I don't think it was really intended that way at all, its an interesting angle, but I'm starting to think its a bit too much of a stretch for a vote at the moment. I'll keep a watch on that though.
(summary) I really get off on riding fences, don't you?
Hybris wrote:Although on that very last point, I'm not exactly sure if I was all that active. Also, it wasn't exactly lurking, so its more of a five than 2 really.

Regardless, isn't that kind of thing disallowed, bring out of thread things into the game? Or does that not apply here? I remember there was a rule about not being allowed to check when a person is on and where they post in order to determine certain things, equating it to out of thread communication. Though that may have just been my native board.
(summary) You have to throw out the evidence! It was illegally obtained! *flails*
Hybris wrote:I have some reads, but its a little hard to sort out. There seem to be three arguments right now.

Hybris
Zilla
Charter/Wolf

Of these, only the case of Charter against Wolf seems to be of any real use right now.
(summary) I think that the case of Charter against Wolf is useful. I also think it is interesting. But I also think that it is a stretch!
Hybris wrote:I was going to say that it was decided already basically to lynch Tony, but I paid a bit more attention and noticed that TI has almost as many votes now, with the unvotes and such, so he actually is a viable second choice. Though unless something else happens, the votes on anybody but these two are like voting for a third party for president. I will likely vote tomorrow, still making my decision on which I find more scummy.
(summary) I am likely going to vote tomorrow. But not really. I will post twice tomorrow without voting. In fact I will not vote all day. That way I can neither contribute to the lynch of TI, nor be suspected for not participating in the lynch of TI!

OK, so my summaries were very biased and should be taken with a grain of salt. Or two. But the point is I am getting strong scum vibes from Hybris at this point.

Vote: Hybris

With ZONEACE looking more likely town, BA is someone to look at a little later. Right now my vote is staying on Hybris.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:17 am

Post by tubby216 »

sorry i appologize for my absence/ lurking,,, i had soem r/l shite goin on and could only manage to keep up with one game and this one wasn't it. however r/l issues resolved will be able to devote more time to this game.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:20 am

Post by RestFermata »

EBWOP: "nor be suspected for not participating in the lynch of TI!" should be "nor be suspectd for participating in a different wagon!"
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Hybris »

And I won the mental bet that somebody would jump on me for that post. Of course, I was expecting it to be Zoneace, though he'll probably chime in soon. Anyway, I just love the way you summarized my posts.

I might as well do it in this format too. I just hope the collective town doesn't get so fed up with this that they collectively stop reading it at all and the mod tells up to stop. And just to mention, it being your opinion doesn't prevent it from being strawmaning.
RestFermata wrote:
Hybris wrote:But, to the point. Your case of RestFermata lurking and not contributing too much to the game does hold, but you may be exaggerating it slightly. I found that while a lot of those posts were no content, some of those you classified to be nothing, I would have assigned a little value to. Like, adding an opinion. Sometimes giving your opinion adds to the headcount of those who say they believe it, like more than one person making a case on a player, strength in numbers.

(summary) Your case against RestFermata is pretty good, but not great!
That summary is very in line with what I'm thinking, though thats a null summary, since your summary is essentially my summary reworded.
Hybris wrote:Thats interesting. I agree with what Charter said, and I understood, before the explanation. I don't know if it needs restating right now for others, but for the moment I'll assume that most get it. Wolf does make an interesting counterpoint, but I'm not exactly sure if its convincing, and stating exactly what it is in my own words would likely be scummy, so I'll have to let him explain it to everyone himself.

Anyway, not sure if the logic is precisely sound but...
Vote: Wolf

Its the best argument I've heard so far, despite slight presuming.
(summary) I agree with Charter, but Wolf's defense is interesting! I might believe it, but I might not. I'll have to think about it. I'm going to vote Wolf, but I'm going to leave the door open for changing my vote on a whim later because there is "slight presuming" in Charter's argument.
Hybris wrote: Yeah. Thats kind of what I was thinking you meant, just had to make sure.
Unvote: Wolf

I don't think it was really intended that way at all, its an interesting angle, but I'm starting to think its a bit too much of a stretch for a vote at the moment. I'll keep a watch on that though.
(summary) I really get off on riding fences, don't you?
Incase you missed it, that was a poke-test for a response.
Hybris wrote:Oh, and as for general lurking-non scum hunting part....

There are many others who are doing similar things, and at points to a worse degree, so I don't think that you should single me out in that.
(summary) Hey, no fair! They're being scummy too! Don't look at me, look at them!
I was actually asking why single me out in it in particular when there were worse cases to look at.
Hybris wrote:Should I just stop talking? Seems like every time I post you all turn right on me and tell me I'm being scummy.
(summary) You're not allowed to tell me that
I'm
scummy.
I was trying to get attention to the fact that almost literally every post I was making at that point people were saying I was scum for, claims which I eventually for the most part refuted.
Hybris wrote:Although on that very last point, I'm not exactly sure if I was all that active. Also, it wasn't exactly lurking, so its more of a five than 2 really.

Regardless, isn't that kind of thing disallowed, bring out of thread things into the game? Or does that not apply here? I remember there was a rule about not being allowed to check when a person is on and where they post in order to determine certain things, equating it to out of thread communication. Though that may have just been my native board.
(summary) You have to throw out the evidence! It was illegally obtained! *flails*
So I'm not allowed to check what the rules are?
Hybris wrote:I have some reads, but its a little hard to sort out. There seem to be three arguments right now.

Hybris
Zilla
Charter/Wolf

Of these, only the case of Charter against Wolf seems to be of any real use right now.
(summary) I think that the case of Charter against Wolf is useful. I also think it is interesting. But I also think that it is a stretch!
That was explained, as looking through the case at both Charter and Wolf and seeing how they were acting. I evaluate cases for how strong they are.
Hybris wrote:I was going to say that it was decided already basically to lynch Tony, but I paid a bit more attention and noticed that TI has almost as many votes now, with the unvotes and such, so he actually is a viable second choice. Though unless something else happens, the votes on anybody but these two are like voting for a third party for president. I will likely vote tomorrow, still making my decision on which I find more scummy.
(summary) I am likely going to vote tomorrow. But not really. I will post twice tomorrow without voting. In fact I will not vote all day. That way I can neither contribute to the lynch of TI, nor be suspected for not participating in the lynch of TI!
This whole argument cruxes on me trying to mask myself not voting so that I can't be suspected for voting for him or going against the lynch of him. Which suggests that I didn't know what role he was. Which suggests that I'm not mafia with him. Way to go.
Right now my vote is staying on Hybris.
Still staying with me?
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Hybris »

EBWOP:

To count in his edit, add in to mine after "going against the lynch of him" + by participating in another wagon.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by charter »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:@Charter: Do you have any other suspects at this point in the game? Because you seem to have only been focusing on the Wolf/NS/Zone player the entire time.
A stupid question. Zone is still scum, BA and RF are also likely his partners. Said this numerous times.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

charter wrote:
CoheedCambria09 wrote:@Charter: Do you have any other suspects at this point in the game? Because you seem to have only been focusing on the Wolf/NS/Zone player the entire time.
A stupid question. Zone is still scum, BA and RF are also likely his partners. Said this numerous times.

Again, is there any reason I'm scum besides Wolf's "especially if you're town" cause i don't think i've seen you make any case but that.

BUT BUT BUT HE SAID ESPECIALLY. SUCMSCUMSUCNSUCSMUCSDIEDIEDIEDIEI

that's your case as I see it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Recent developments in our top story show that Charter has no case.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Porochaz »

unvote vote charter
TM can wait.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by charter »

This is pretty funny. So because Zoneass comes in and runs his mouth incessantly, you will follow him? What's the case on charter again? Oh, we can vote charter without a case, but when charter votes someone without a case (which isn't even true at all) he has to go. Right, makes perfect sense.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

charter wrote:This is pretty funny. So because Zoneass comes in and runs his mouth incessantly, you will follow him? What's the case on charter again? Oh, we can vote charter without a case, but when charter votes someone without a case (which isn't even true at all) he has to go. Right, makes perfect sense.
Umm, making bullshit up and tunnel vision is an actual case.

but good try, cry baby.

Stop whining just cause you got caught dropping a frozen yogurt shaped deuce and you know, maybe play the game.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by charter »

Oh, and also, there's a good case against wolf/NS/zone, just because it isn't "my case" doesn't mean it isn't right. But feel free to keep ignoring it, and pile votes on me.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

charter wrote:Oh, and also, there's a good case against wolf/NS/zone, just because it isn't "my case" doesn't mean it isn't right. But feel free to keep ignoring it, and pile votes on me.

there you go folks, he's given you his blessing. Lets get to work.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Zilla »

... Why didn't this work yesterday when I pointed out the exact same thing?

On huge RestFermata summay; I agree with Hybris that it isn't the best of cases. Some of the reads on her posts just seem wrong to me. There are a lot of no-content posts, but there are some marked no-content that shouldn't be, and the ones with content have a pro-town feel to me, despite putting TM over TI in her priorities. I think BlakAdder is a better case than RestFermata, BlakAdder was much more resolute in wanting to vote TM over TI and didn't even touch TI in the slightest.

On Hybris: Very fence-sitting and hardly accountable for anything, plus only playing defense for everybody. I think there are better targets to look at than Hybris, but there is a valid case there. It's entirely possible it is a safe buddying attempt, and it does seem rather incriminating that there was no vote for TI at all.

On Llama: You're attacking me very softly, relying on "feels" that have no logical backing, and your cases look superficially pro-town while I sense ulterior motive in your posts. I don't like your analysis of Charter. I don't like your quick withdrawal. I don't like your reconsideration of the importance of flavor, especially after you houdned Zilla 1 for talking about flavor day 1, and suddenly flavor is a good thing to bank on to save ZoneAce? I don't like how much credit you put in his claim, since it's still enitrely possible he got lucky with a fake role claim, and it's also possible that Joe was town but Bonnie was scum.

I personally don't suspect ZoneAce to be scum, but I still consider it a valid possibility. He hasn't proven for sure that he is town. However, I don't like your turnaround, and I don't like your manipulative style.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Zilla »

EBWOP: The thing that bugs me is how hard you worked to get The Internet lynched yesterday. It was pro-town, no question about that, but it also could be a strong bus you rode and worked very hard on. Your conviction against The Internet day 1 does not seem warranted given the case you presented at the time, and furthermore, there was no night for you to have an investigative role. Your faith in Tony and Charter is also very disturbing.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

OH MY CRAP ZONEACE CHARTER BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP
God, does this ridiculous childish back-and-forth between the two of them not scream scum distancing to anybody else? There's little to no doubt in my mind that at least one of the two, if not both of them, is scum.
unvote, vote: ZONEACE
because I feel he is the more likely of the two. If either of you wants to convince me that you're town, stop saying the same crap to each other over and over and say something original.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by charter »

Zilla wrote:I don't like your reconsideration of the importance of flavor, especially after you houdned Zilla 1 for talking about flavor day 1, and suddenly flavor is a good thing to bank on to save ZoneAce? I don't like how much credit you put in his claim, since it's still enitrely possible he got lucky with a fake role claim, and it's also possible that Joe was town but Bonnie was scum.
Thank you, was waiting for someone else to point this out so I don't have to put up with OMGUS nonsense.

Also, Joe was "Daddy", not "Husband" so I also think (more than think) his claim is BS and he is scum.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

charter wrote:
Zilla wrote:I don't like your reconsideration of the importance of flavor, especially after you houdned Zilla 1 for talking about flavor day 1, and suddenly flavor is a good thing to bank on to save ZoneAce? I don't like how much credit you put in his claim, since it's still enitrely possible he got lucky with a fake role claim, and it's also possible that Joe was town but Bonnie was scum.
Thank you, was waiting for someone else to point this out so I don't have to put up with OMGUS nonsense.
how the christ is it OMGUS? I thought your bullshit was bullshit before i ever replaced into the game. "especially if you're town" is not a valid reason to vote someone. YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP. And now that you've been called out all you have to say is "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah its OMGUS, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Seriously, if you've already given up on actually participating why are you still here?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”