Mafia Reunion | Postgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Hu Tao please claim your role name and how the cop works exactly
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by Roden »

Only one person visited me N1, and that was mod confirmed. So Hu Tao has to be Finley.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1870, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1858, Roden wrote: UNVOTE:
Who do you think is scum?
I don't trust Drew, but there's been a whirlwind of info that points equally to Dan being town or scum. I think I’m still leaning towards him being town, given your claim.

I think Cakez is a convert and don't really want to vote there, but it's looking like we might have to. Aureal is also an option.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:25 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1876, Roden wrote: Only one person visited me N1, and that was mod confirmed. So Hu Tao has to be Finley.
Btw if this is not true and Hu Tao is not Finley, the real one needs to claim.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1877, Roden wrote: I think Cakez is a convert
Why do you think that in particular? Think what you want of his play bit its been very consistent from d1 onwards. (Also he was not not converted n2)
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:20 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1879, ActionDan wrote:
Why do you think that in particular? Think what you want of his play bit its been very consistent from d1 onwards. (Also he was not not converted n2)
I think he was converted N1 and explained why a few days ago. Is there an argument for him being group scum?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Roden »

Also is "not not converted" a typo?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:31 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Yes sorry
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1880, Roden wrote:
I think he was converted N1 and explained why a few days ago. Is there an argument for him being group scum?
Oh I'll take look. I certainly would never argue group scum as I think he's town
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

So uh. What happens if my name gets revealed?
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:41 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

uh well
if you are not already cult then you can get converted whenever cult feels like
if you are the original traitor then cult now can figure out not to target you
if there are any other powers which target off of real names instead of player names they now know who they are targeting plus any information tied to your real name would then be known

i am left thinking about what your claim means for your alignment
might have to wait for flavor leaf to give a summary of your flavor and see if that lines up with your claimed role
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

That is effectively what I was thinking could have happened and why I said Dan over Hu Tao.

I basically got 4 lines of flavor lore and it said they were a nosy Parker blah blah, best be sure to not get caught.

Hu Tao has to be Finley. If not, they’re caught out scum.

I think I think that makes them town?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:01 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1883, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1880, Roden wrote:
Oh I'll take look. I certainly would never argue group scum as I think he's town
That's kinda awkward. A lot of people think both of you are scum, but you're both defending each other.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

For me it’s the fact that they lose their ability if targetedz i was trying to discern if it was scum or town, and like i said, if Hu Tao didn’t say they lose their ability, I would have seen it as group scum probably.

I get the mindset behind Gamma doing that
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by ActionDan »

@FL Good enough for me

@Roden

What's awkward about it? I think the same of the entire FG group. I dont think thats unusual. I gave a more detailed appraisal of cakez in particular when commenting to Titus in post 1759

People think we are scum for incrediblely spurious reasons. Aureal's is simply that day 2 I led a fade on RR and cakez followed. That's it. Barely any other engagement about that topic or anything else. You already have heard Drew talk about me, cakez, maestro. FL thinks maestro and me are scum with maybe a dash of cakez scum afaik. Titus thinks cakez is scum and unsure about her opinion of me. On the whole not too large a number, more outsized voices imo
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:26 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

if that aspect is supported by their flavor text then i would say that is probably a reason to claim ascetic
not sure if that is alignment indicative or not but for now i will say that slot is probably town then
hmm

UNVOTE:

that means roden and hu tao are likely town together so
that kinda has to mean there is scum inside of the fg for me unless it is something like aureal/bianco/flavor leaf/thomith or something
just a question of where exactly
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:38 pm

Post by ActionDan »

VOTE: Aureal

Let's just make this a vote between me and aureal today.

I have no inclination to vote anyone else aside from Theta at this point who's only read aside from mechanical surety is a town read on myself, which is great and all but its end of day 3. Also if Theta is scum that only increases likelihood aureal is too.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:14 pm

Post by Maestro »

we're finally voting Aureal, love it
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1892, Maestro wrote: we're finally voting Aureal, love it
'we're'?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Well, they both can still be converted at some point, but considering I was already town leaning Gamma and Roden, I think that lines up.

I feel like Aureal is being pushed because they’re hitting scum and they’re being threat killed.

Idk, Maestro feels like scum here so much. And it really feels like there’s an army following behind Dan here and i don’t think Dan’s necessarily done that much to warrant that, especially after Radical Rat flipped town.

I can also see in Dan’s posting that they’re being very careful where they push, and i think that tracks if they don’t know the scum team.

I can’t imagine that being fun to play.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:33 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1885, Theta Alpine wrote: uh well
if you are not already cult then you can get converted whenever cult feels like
if you are the original traitor then cult now can figure out not to target you
if there are any other powers which target off of real names instead of player names they now know who they are targeting plus any information tied to your real name would then be known

i am left thinking about what your claim means for your alignment
might have to wait for flavor leaf to give a summary of your flavor and see if that lines up with your claimed role
Naur 😭 I'm gonna be a cult
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I could see Theta/Dan maybe, Dan keeps bringing Theta up, but continues to deflect Aureal.

Maestro/maybe Titus/Dan

Roden trying to find little ways to come after me is kind of rough and maybe that’s a Night 2 conversion, but nowhere near sure of that.

Drew and I haven’t gone after each other yet, so maybe that’s an issue
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1896, Flavor Leaf wrote: I could see Theta/Dan maybe, Dan keeps bringing Theta up, but continues to deflect Aureal.

Maestro/maybe Titus/Dan

Roden trying to find little ways to come after me is kind of rough and maybe that’s a Night 2 conversion, but nowhere near sure of that.

Drew and I haven’t gone after each other yet, so maybe that’s an issue
Hey fuck you man, seriously

See? Fixed now lol

I don't think I could do Aureal today......or Roden

But why not Hu again?

There is a smidge of Thomith laying low and letting things play out.......like if things are going wrong I could see them just letting them go wrong here......just a slight vibe
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1869, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1856, Aureal wrote:
In post 1854, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1850, Aureal wrote: Sigh

What are you guys thinking with the Hu votes?
Why are Hu Tao votes off to you? I feel they’re semi warranted right now
Because I think she's almost certainly the traitor and thus we don't need to flip her to win. I'd rather catch the two we need to catch. I'll be rather grumpy if we're on a winning path here but delay it on an irrelevant flip and I get hit with a conversion with that extra time they get. :igmeou:
Man this is an incredibly scummy post. I get aureal clearly wants to railroad me into the ground, which fine, but to ignore facets of reality to do so is comical.

Worried about a conversion when we have a dance party (that better be used tonight)

Worried about them in particular being a conversion target in this gamestate when a good number of people think they could well be scum.
Sounds like you're the one who wants to ignore facets of reality here.

1) Describing anything that I have done this game as "railroading" is pretty laughable. This hasn't even been what I would consider a strong push by my standards, and making big pushes isn't really something I do that much of. There has certainly been railroading this game, by you of Rat, so don't tell me you don't know what it looks like. Weren't you originally complaining that I hadn't said enough about my reads? I've barely said any more about you, how can I be both not saying a lot and railroading you?

2) How the hell does the alleged dance party mean I am not entitled to be concerned about recruitment? Did I miss the part where we confirmed this ability actually exists and Thomith is actually going to activate it rather than perhaps having been recruited? Oh and is its effect permanent because we'd have to hit both scum back to back here for there to be no further chance of being recruited??

3) Are you implying that scum wouldn't want to recruit me because I'm getting scumreads? That's ridiculous for not just one but two reasons. First, I haven't claimed my name so they don't know who the hell they're getting, right? Are you disputing Leaf's info about using real names to convert NOW? Second, why the hell would they care if they got me in particular? Even if I failed to adjust my attitude and got voted out next, a traitor flip is still just town staying in a holding pattern, not progressing towards a win.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:30 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1894, Flavor Leaf wrote: Well, they both can still be converted at some point, but considering I was already town leaning Gamma and Roden, I think that lines up.

I feel like Aureal is being pushed because they’re hitting scum and they’re being threat killed.

Honestly that's probably like half of what my Dan scumread is here. I didn't like the way he took a shot at me, pushed back at him, and got a big disproportionate reaction from not just him. I really don't like the way he seemed to be trying to dial the push on me back a bit a couple days ago and now is just right back at it harder than ever now trying to 1v1 me over... apparently my being concerned about the possibility of getting recruited?? It's reasoning totally drawn from thin air.
Idk, Maestro feels like scum here so much. And it really feels like there’s an army following behind Dan here and i don’t think Dan’s necessarily done that much to warrant that, especially after Radical Rat flipped town.

I can also see in Dan’s posting that they’re being very careful where they push, and i think that tracks if they don’t know the scum team.

I can’t imagine that being fun to play.
You mentioned catching Maestro recently, was he similar there? I may need to go look at that game, I'm townreading his style but maybe he's just the loose fast-thinking type.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”