Mafia Reunion | Postgame

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:34 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1444, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1439, Roden wrote: I think Titus and Cakez are probably converted, we can probably measure conversion levels by sudden drops of activity/interest in this game
This seems like a poor take, especially calling out two people who is always kinda low activity(Cakez) and another who has been low activity in general(Titus)
Titus only popped in to give names today even though she had plenty more to say before and after when giving results yesterday

Cakez is vote hopping and not really expanding on his thoughts

Do you think this is consistent behavior?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1445, Flavor Leaf wrote: Roden, you’re sounding like salty scum here
In what universe would I be salty where I'm scum and you're town quick hammering townies lol
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:45 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1451, Roden wrote:
In what universe would I be salty where I'm scum and you're town quick hammering townies lol
Salty we getting to a point where we have a strong town core.

I can also see that scum likely doesn’t know their potential partners and staying very limited with where they push.

I feel like scum are more likely to have a not as good time with this game, especially if AD and Drew are both town here.

And before my reveal of actually being recruitable, with Gamma and I both claiming to be unrecruitable, there was a lot of potential for grumpy scum, and you’re looking like it
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1448, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1446, Roden wrote: The issue isn't that your claimed power doesn't match your claimed flavor

The issue is that you do way too much for a single role and are able to snowball in strength for free since you can't be stopped by scum

I’m not gonna lie…i lied…about that part.

I am recruitable. I just said that so scum wouldn’t use like a Name Cop on me.
LOL, I
thought
your claim was kinda fishy at the time :lol:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, i am giving secrets away.

This game looks like it’s setup to have town have roles that scum counter by converting them.

And then like if Bianco gets converted, they can give scum an extra action.

If Titus gets converted, they can manipulate names.

If I get converted, i could spew false information.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

apparently he has two different actions, is unrecruitable,
and is also Informed in a way that gives him more info every single day.
So the 2 actions thing, you were just incorrect with, the unrecruitable, sure, I lied about that.

You wanna keep touting I’m more powerful than all the other roles somehow?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

I think Leaf, Theta, Drew, Maestro are town by play

bianco is scummy by play but townpoints for role use make up that deficit so above null

I don't even wanna think about Titus, I don't get why people townread her. Best argument for her being town is nearly getting flipped d1 but that's barely worth anything. I agree her d2 was better but that was a low bar, still don't see anything towny.

Dan and Cakez are my top picks for scum. Dan is just aggressively leading charges against townies, and Cakez following.

Roden I saw something in his talk about his role that made me think town on day one, I should go reevaluate if that held up with new info

Thomith... yeah I dunno, if the role gives us a way of confirming its use then town. Haven't really been pinged by his play either way.

Cele/Gamma didn't really ping me either, but another nonrecruitable role makes sense in the setup given the 3p win condition. Not sure why Rat thinks it wouldn't work with their role, but I'm not sure how redirecting to an Ascetic would work- would they be unable to be targeted with the redirect?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I trust Thomith on tone and generally being upfront with that, but I don’t think there’s anyway of proving they stop Factional Abilities.

As of this moment, we don’t know of any besides the presumed Conversion ability, and i don’t think we can confirm one way or another if that went through even if they use it, so they could be lying.

I think we can use that right after a Mass Claim.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:16 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1448, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1446, Roden wrote: The issue isn't that your claimed power doesn't match your claimed flavor

The issue is that you do way too much for a single role and are able to snowball in strength for free since you can't be stopped by scum

I’m not gonna lie…i lied…about that part.

I am recruitable. I just said that so scum wouldn’t use like a Name Cop on me.
In post 1449, Flavor Leaf wrote: I felt it was best to protect the info. Yes, there was a chance I got randomly picked, but that was fine in comparison to potentially getting Real Name copped on Night 1.

We’re deeper into this game now, that gambit I think hopefully played off. I have not been converted. :shrug:
That makes more sense tbh, I still don't like it but it's less likely that you're group scum in this case.

I don't really agree that it was a viable gambit though, like if this were a Normal game and you claimed Bulletproof investigative then I don't think scum would buy it lol. At worst, your claim just protects you in case you did get converted since I don't think most townies would ever question your role.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1452, Flavor Leaf wrote:
Salty we getting to a point where we have a strong town core.

I can also see that scum likely doesn’t know their potential partners and staying very limited with where they push.

I feel like scum are more likely to have a not as good time with this game, especially if AD and Drew are both town here.

And before my reveal of actually being recruitable, with Gamma and I both claiming to be unrecruitable, there was a lot of potential for grumpy scum, and you’re looking like it
If you're telling the truth about scum conversion just turning townies into Traitors, then I don't think scum have any reason to be grumpy. It's Day 3 and no scum have been elim'd yet, and even if any were in danger then up to two Traitors (possibly three since someone claimed the game started with a Traitor) can control the discussion and act as meat shields. Town cores aren't as strong in this set up as it's been described.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:26 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1455, Flavor Leaf wrote:
apparently he has two different actions, is unrecruitable,
and is also Informed in a way that gives him more info every single day.
So the 2 actions thing, you were just incorrect with, the unrecruitable, sure, I lied about that.

You wanna keep touting I’m more powerful than all the other roles somehow?
I did misunderstand your double action, since you were vague about it and didn't give your results. Your clarifications have changed my perspective here, but you did cause that in the first place by trying to gambit.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I feel like it was clearly stated I got coffee on Day 2 that gave me the choice to drink and gave me a double action.

Bianco even confirmed this.

This makes me comfortable with Bianco town because Bianco as scum would give that to a scum team.

This also makes sense that if scum convert Bianco, they’d get rewarded with a double action play.

I feel like that wouldn’t work with conversion?

@Bianco - does your role bring this up? Is it just personal actions?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1461, Flavor Leaf wrote: I feel like it was clearly stated I got coffee on Day 2 that gave me the choice to drink and gave me a double action.

This makes me comfortable with Bianco town because Bianco as scum would give that to a scum team.

This also makes sense that if scum convert Bianco, they’d get rewarded with a double action play.

There is the caveat that you could be scum with scumBianco

Just want that possibility out there since you mentioned it
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1462, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1461, Flavor Leaf wrote: I feel like it was clearly stated I got coffee on Day 2 that gave me the choice to drink and gave me a double action.

There is the caveat that you could be scum with scumBianco

Just want that possibility out there since you mentioned it
I agree. That's why I wanted to out the coffee thing.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

i dont think it makes sense for Bianco to confirm it if they were scum, and I dont think it makes sense for both of us to claim instead of keeping quiet if both of us were scum, but I definitely see arguments on how it could be scum partnering.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1464, Flavor Leaf wrote: i dont think it makes sense for Bianco to confirm it if they were scum, and I dont think it makes sense for both of us to claim instead of keeping quiet if both of us were scum, but I definitely see arguments on how it could be scum partnering.
If both your claims are legit, I agree it makes no sense for both of you to be scum

And I would rather not waste brain power sorting there(with the conversions and all)
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:19 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1439, Roden wrote: I think Titus and Cakez are probably converted, we can probably measure conversion levels by sudden drops of activity/interest in this game
This seems like a poor take, especially calling out two people who is always kinda low activity(Cakez) and another who has been low activity in general(Titus)
I just finished a trial and I'm wrapping up moving.

I've said it a million times. My activity is solely related to IRL.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:21 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1466, Titus wrote:

i think Drew's post was more of a shade on Roden than you.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:33 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1467, Flavor Leaf wrote:

i think Drew's post was more of a shade on Roden than you.
This is exactly correct, you have seemed to have some IRL stuff as of late, Titus

Not sure why Roden is painting your inactivity as scummy
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:44 pm

Post by Roden »

That's because I'm not...
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

to be fair i am not sure how many people know why titus is low activity

aureal i do not think is scum
that vote on dan just does not make sense for scum to do

p-edit
it did seem kinda like that but maybe i misread
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:33 pm

Post by Roden »

I pretty specifically mentioned interest as well, not just activity, and followed up my statement by saying that I don't think Titus' behavior today matches her behavior yesterday

I don't know why Drew is honed in on the word "activity" when I said much more than just that, since I feel like I made it pretty clear that activity alone does not make up the entire basis of my reads on Titus and Cakez
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:35 pm

Post by Roden »

Like...I even page topped with that post. You can't really miss it. Drew would've gotten a notification as well since I quoted him, so there's no reason for him to be acting like he doesn't know what I said.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:37 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

ahhh so you do scum read just for more then just activity
that is fair enough though i should probably read it a bit more
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:43 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1471, Roden wrote: I pretty specifically mentioned interest as well, not just activity, and followed up my statement by saying that I don't think Titus' behavior today matches her behavior yesterday

I don't know why Drew is honed in on the word "activity" when I said much more than just that, since I feel like I made it pretty clear that activity alone does not make up the entire basis of my reads on Titus and Cakez
In post 1472, Roden wrote: Like...I even page topped with that post. You can't really miss it. Drew would've gotten a notification as well since I quoted him, so there's no reason for him to be acting like he doesn't know what I said.
Why are you painting me as the bad guy?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”