Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:34 pm

Post by Rosebud »

So you have no clue about the source material, but you have opinions about how it will affect the game.
It was an educated guess, considering every other CRPG I've ever played.

And we have a daykill. Rhino's only posts today were to target Enforcer, so it's possible he had investigated Enforcer and found something scummy.

Mod
- With a negated vote and ten alive, is it only five to lynch now?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:55 am

Post by Quagmire »

Rosebud wrote:
Mod
- With a negated vote and ten alive, is it only five to lynch now?
No, it is still six to lynch.
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:07 am

Post by Misha »

My guess would be that the previous vote was negated, but not the ability to vote (i.e. could vote for someone now).

Why would Terra (the only glowing, floating character in the game to my knowledge) be a day killer and why pick Rhino? I guess that this is possibly before the beginning of the game and that Terra might be under the influence of the slave crown.

Something is strange here, but to be honest I think it is more a case of the mafia setting Enforcer up, rather then he/she being one of them, it's too blatant. It's also why I didn't vote for him/her, I thought the logic was crap logic, but pro-town tinged.

However, the coincidence of 2 of the 4 people who voted for Enforcer shouldn't be ignored, so personally I would prefer to have a bit more information from Enforcer.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:44 am

Post by solid074 »

It could be Terra, but that doesn't sound like a magic attack to me. It says he used something sharp. I assume he means a weapon of some kind, like a sword or knife. And we can probably narrow that to a sword, as it says the weapon was brought down on Rhino, not stabbed into him. But that last bit is conjecture.

Do we know that the action was intended to be anti-town? In my experience daykillers are pro-town or neutral. Even assuming that enforcer is mafia it seems like overkill to negate a vote and then also kill another voter.

Well we've lost a role-copier and a snoop-type investigator. I hope we still have some big guns left.
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:55 am

Post by Hambone »

yeah those roles seem pretty heavy

im thinkin of the SaberKitty role in DP6 when that role copier comes up and how powerful it became

yes the day kill seems like the work of a vigilante, maybe a one-shot day kill or something.

anyone have any info they would like to share?
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:20 am

Post by Misha »

True, but Terra uses a sword as well. Semantics perhaps. *shrug* Personally, I somewhat doubt that the day killer was pro-town, or at least entirely, otherwise why attack on the first day? Especially without warning like that. :?

Hmm, to be honest the more I think about the events of this day, the more possibilities/probabilities come to mind. Unfortunately, sharing everything will likely give the mafia an advantage. I guess one question that probably won't make much sense if I am wrong, but will be helpful to me (and perhaps the rest of the town) if I am right shouldn't hurt too much. Enforcer, might I inquire if the vote negation is due to your role abilities or due to your role name (not asking for you to share either though if you do not wish)?
Gon
Gon
Townie
Gon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:48 pm

Post by Gon »

[quote=solid074]
Do we know that the action was intended to be anti-town? In my experience daykillers are pro-town or neutral. Even assuming that enforcer is mafia it seems like overkill to negate a vote and then also kill another voter.
[/quote]
the action against Rhino seems pretty anti-town to me.....
I mean, if the killer did have some "reliable" infomation, then why does he kill a pro-town role? and if the infomation is not reliable, then won't it make more sense for a pro-town daytime killer to actually make sure who they are killing before acting upon suspicion?
unless he is not pro-town, then killing without warning on the first day makes lots of sense

mayb there is not that many mafia and they can kill both day and night to "even up" the numbers?

um. seems so quiet here......
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:31 pm

Post by Rosebud »

I'd probably say a mafia with a limited daykill ability or an day SK would be most likely.

There's a deadline tonight, and we don't seem to be that close to lynching anyone. I'm not really sure what we can do about it; in other games I've seen/played in with an arbitrary deadline set close to the beginning of the day (And little indication that this sort of thing would happen; speed mafia is one thing) there've been bandwagons with a little strength by this time.

As far as Enforcer goes, scum could certainly have a vote-affecting ability, and if he doesn't have anything else, he's not as useful (IMO) as the dead roles.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:59 am

Post by Quagmire »

Rosebud wrote:There's a deadline tonight, and we don't seem to be that close to lynching anyone. I'm not really sure what we can do about it; in other games I've seen/played in with an arbitrary deadline set close to the beginning of the day (And little indication that this sort of thing would happen; speed mafia is one thing) there've been bandwagons with a little strength by this time.
Thanks for reminding me. I'm going to extend the deadline, which will be forever, or until we get too hasty with things. Deadline is now
dropped.
I was going to do it last night, but I forgot.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:44 am

Post by solid074 »

Ok, reading back over the thread, I don't like Enforcer. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt so that I could treat you guys like morons and get a reaction. Since we have an incredibly placid town that didn't work(Or maybe I wasn't abusive enough). Anyway, my vote is pointless where it is right now so
Unvote: SatiricalBob, Vote: Enforcer
[/b]
Enforcer
Enforcer
Townie
Enforcer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:50 am

Post by Enforcer »

I have free time now, meaning I don't have to rush my posts. Now I can lay out all of the arguements against me and show the problem's with them
solid074 wrote:Enforcer wrote:
FOS: Enforcer For FOSing so many people. I mean, Jeez, what's with me?

Does this look like a case of "You can't fire me, I quit." to anybody else? He starts doing tons of FoSes, then he realizes that he's doing too many, so he says "I'm doing too many" as if that somehow makes it better.
This is pretty funny. Misha attacks me on the basis on a
joke
FOS I directed at myself. I had so many FOS's because I saw three suspicious actions. Honestly, why the heck would I, with no attention on me, stand up and throw FOS's around if I was mafia. It would be the most retarded mafia play ever, especially on Day One with cops around.
It's odd Enforcer throws in a giant misdirection post right after some linear discussion.
Misdirection? The town was talking about possible characters, waiting for a lead to go on. I came in late, read the posts, and gave my thoughts. How the heck is that misdirection, when thetown wasn't directed at anyone before?
noone asked you to tell them wehn to vote or when its ok to bandwagon. and you didnt give anyone what they wanted, all you did was say 1 of 3 peopel should be lynched asnd one was me. you fosed me for bandwagoning and hten said we should bandwagon, doesn't make sense, thats why you get my vote.
*Gasp* I'm sorry! I forgot that appartently townies can't make a stand unless they are asked to! Read Antrax's article on being a good townie; it is
good
for the town when members are free to give their opinion. Also, "should bandwagon" and "should lynch" are too VERY different concepts. Lastly, you completely miss the different circumstances of bandwagoning. When you called a bandwagon, there was absolutly nothing to go on. When I reccomended one, it was at least based on something (which is pretty good for day one. That's the difference
Ok, reading back over the thread, I don't like Enforcer. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt so that I could treat you guys like morons and get a reaction. Since we have an incredibly placid town that didn't work(Or maybe I wasn't abusive enough). Anyway, my vote is pointless where it is right now so
Unvote: SatiricalBob, Vote: Enforcer
This is peculiar, and reeks of scummyness. A common mafia strategy is to, after being abusive, pretend that you were just "testing" them. I have seem people claim to be doing this three times in my mafia career, and all three times the person was scum
FOS: solid074

Suspect List, from least scummy to most scummy

Misha: My suspicions have been lowered significantly, but still exist. After reading Misha's comment's on the potions again, I realized it was possible that Misha was just misguided but had the town's welfare in mind (I still vehemently disagree with his/her plan). Also, to his/her credit, pointed out that I was probably being framed with Rhino's death. To those that think I day killed Rhino, consider this: Why, among my voters whould I choose Rhino of all people? There was no way to tell if he was an investigator, and he wasn't all that vocal against me. Yet it could just be just a way to seperate herself from her fellow scum. But again, mainly just a gut acting here so I'll
Unvote: Misha Miniscule FOS: Misha

I have bigger fish to fry
solid074: See above

Jericho: See above. This guy has been spewing crap logic and is after me before I voiced my opinion. Plus, he was the most eager to see me lynched, and wouldbe the most likly to try to frame me by killing Rhino.
Vote: Jericho

On my role, I'll reveal a bit more. My role negates certain character's votes. The reason I'm not claiming is that if I claim, I would be unfairly giving out information on Gon's role, which I don't think Gon'd appricate.
Jericho
Jericho
Townie
Jericho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:11 am

Post by Jericho »

Enforcer wrote:Jericho: See above. This guy has been spewing crap logic and is after me before I voiced my opinion. Plus, he was the most eager to see me lynched, and wouldbe the most likly to try to frame me by killing Rhino.
youve been whining all game about your just doing what people tell you to do and acting like your being persceutedd for it. youve been recomending peolpe bandwagon me and others wiht almost no logic of your own except the garbage blurbs you spat into the thread, and you say I'm spewing crap logic? quit your cryin. and now your trying to pass off suspicion on me cos you have no defense for yourself, isnt that right? vote stays cos you havent given me a reason to change it.
and the walls come crumblin down
Hambone
Hambone
Townie
Hambone
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:32 pm

Post by Hambone »

CAPITALS and Punctuation Jericho, learn them and learn them well.
I would be unfairly giving out information on Gon's role, which I don't think Gon'd appricate.
Is he mafia? Come on you can tell us :wink:

Is that suggesting you are a cop? or a mason?
unvote Enforcer

I wanna hear what Gon has to say about this...
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:45 pm

Post by Quagmire »

1 - Serpent [Rosebud]
1 - Jericho [Enforcer]
2 - Enforcer [Jericho, solid074]
1 - solid074 [SatricialBob]

Not voting: 4 - [Hambone, Reines, Misha, Serpent]

Gon's vote is still negated, six to lynch, marker.
Gon
Gon
Townie
Gon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:53 pm

Post by Gon »

Are you confessing to negate my vote now?
I'll be interested in hearing about what you know about my role.....
How about my name?
On what conditions would you be able to negate these "certian" votes?
Enforcer
Enforcer
Townie
Enforcer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:22 pm

Post by Enforcer »

Gon, you are still able to vote, just not me. Certain kinds of people can't ever vote me. I don't have your role name, just a characteristic. This characteristic could belogn to eigther mafia or town

Jerico's post hardly dignifies a response. He raves about how I'm being so controling for putting out an opinion (never understood the logic behind that) and that the reason I put out so many FOS's was to get the attention off myself...even thoughthere was no attention on me before my FOS post.
Jericho
Jericho
Townie
Jericho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:59 pm

Post by Jericho »

Enforcer wrote:Jerico's post hardly dignifies a response. He raves about how I'm being so controling for putting out an opinion (never understood the logic behind that) and that the reason I put out so many FOS's was to get the attention off myself...even thoughthere was no attention on me before my FOS post.
your misleading the town. i never said you were controling, i said you were
actingh
like the boss of the town. your entitled to your opinion, i just dont like people recomending bandwagons on next to no logic. i also didnt say the foses were how you were get attention off of yourself, i said that your voting for me and trying to make me look dumb is how. i know i cant spell or type good but that doesnt mean I cant play mafia well ya know.

you first fosed me cos you said it was too eraly for a bandwagon when i voted before and thats it, no great logic there. you said before that bnandwagons are a way of getting information and you still wont' give us any about yuorself, maybe its cos you cant think up a roleclaim that wont be obviously evil huh? serioiusly, give a good reason why your so obviously not scum and ill change my vote. but trying to insult me isnt going to do it.

ok how about this. if Gon cant vote you then maybe its cos your two roles are in love in the games or something, so if one of you claims then it all might make sense. just a theory.
Gon
Gon
Townie
Gon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:25 pm

Post by Gon »

*off topic*
Jericho, if you can't type well, type SLOWER and double check....

I can vote again?....
let try it out...
Vote: Serpent

basically for lurking....
of the 66 replies, lurkers contribute -->> Serpent 1 post, SatiricalBob and Reines both 2 posts....
*end off topic*

Back to Enforcer, entirely agree with Jericho on how you say its too early to bandwagon then proceeded to get us to bandwagon, but the secondary reason of acting like the boss of the town is not suspicious.
Your last post is not making you less suspicious, and atm, you are just as suspicious as Solid074 for suggesting that the daykill was pro-town.

Jericho: who are the lovers in FF3?... never played it, and never actually got round to read a walk through yet... :)
However, Enforcer, you still havn't given any useful infomation to prove that you are not guilty
Reines
Reines
Townie
Reines
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:34 pm

Post by Reines »

Ok, help me out understanding this...

Enforcer somehow implies he can negate or can't be voted by either Mafia or Town... Thoughts on this: If Town can't vote him then he can never be lynched and the rest of us are Mafia... If Mafia can't vote him then that really narrows it down... Truth is either he's full of it OR, and hopefully more likely, there is more to this story. I would prefer to know details before dropping a vote on him and/or her of course.
Rosebud
Rosebud
Townie
Rosebud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:47 pm

Post by Rosebud »

No, he said he can't be voted by people whose roles have a certain characteristic, and that that characteristic is had by both good and evil roles.

Enforcer, would it be worth seeing who can and can't vote for you?
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:05 am

Post by solid074 »

Enforcer wrote:Honestly, why the heck would I, with no attention on me, stand up and throw FOS's around if I was mafia. It would be the most retarded mafia play ever, especially on Day One with cops around.
This fits in very nicely with my theory that you are, in fact, a retard.

Actually one of the things that makes me ludicrously suspicious of Enforcer is Rhino's death, though indirectly. It would make sense that an anti-town would do it to frame Enforcer(Good use of a day kill actually) but the evidence swings against that. Rhino was an investigative role. Which means that last night he found out about something. Then he quietly put his vote on enforcer with no explanation and left it sitting there. Very often an investigator does that because he got lucky and found scum, but doesn't want to reveal himself if he doesn't have to. Now that he's dead and we know it makes it seem very logical that he would be scum, though it doesn't explain the motive behind the death.

So what else could this mean? I like to play my own devil's advocate. It could mean that the mafia is trying to disassociate from Enforcer, not likely this early in the game, unless they think his stupidity is that much of a liability. Perhaps he belongs to a seperate evil group. That would fit in with the mafia trying to frame him and an investigation finding him evil. Which brings another possibility to mind. Enforcer could be a good role that would appear bad based on his abilities. We don't know how much Rhino knew about the game. Maybe he got a result like "Enforcer can steal" and figured that a thief had to be evil, when in fact he was Locke, who is a good guy.

So yeah, the evidence can be interpretted for Enforcer.

By the way, I wasn't "Testing" anyone. I'm being this abusive because you really are that stupid.

Unvote: Enforcer, Vote: Jericho
for engaging in the all too easy practice of Enforcer bashing.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:07 am

Post by solid074 »

[quote="I]Maybe he got a result like "Enforcer can steal" and figured that a thief had to be evil, when in fact he was Locke, who is a good guy.
[/quote]

This sounds like I have some sort of information. I don't. Locke was just the first character I could think of that fit my speculation.
Misha
Misha
Townie
Misha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:30 am

Post by Misha »

Certain characteristics and could be town or mafia. Hmmm, kinda the same way I was going, but I don't know.

Lovers: Celes and Locke, imo
Family: Cid/Celes, Sabin/Edgar, Strago/Relm/I am not going to put Shadow there, even though it is likely he is family.
Companions: Mog/Umaro
Evil Pair: Kefka/Gestahl (unlikely to have that restriction, they did try to kill each other after all)
Loners: Setzer, Gogo, Gau, Cyan, and Terra (Leo and Banon, but they are very minor characters imo)

If by some chance there is a characteristic that prohibits someone from voting for someone else, they are likely pro-town, imo. Of course, this is negated if the vote was negated through an ability via PM, which could mean that Enforcer is Gestahl and Gon is Celes, Kefka, or Leo (the only three I can think of that would abide by that at any point in the game or prior to it). Terra somewhat fits, but only with the Slave Crown on; however, the day attack came later, so they are probably not related.
Enforcer
Enforcer
Townie
Enforcer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:32 am

Post by Enforcer »

Looks like somebody is enjoying the anonyminity factor :roll:

To answer Rosebud's question, I see a potential use for my vote blocking. It can be useful in determining if someone's role claim is legit. For example, if someone claims a role that has the characteristic that my role would block, yet still can vote me without their vote being negated, then we know they are full of it. Similarly, if Gon claims a role that doesn't have the triggering characteristic, we know he is full of it. A weak day-cop, if you will.

More analysis on recent posts will come later. Food and classes take priorty over mafia, unfortunatly.
Jericho
Jericho
Townie
Jericho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:26 am

Post by Jericho »

OK, I'm using msword to compose my posts from now on so you guys will quit complaining about my spelling and typing. Sorry for that. :)

The more I hear from enforcer the more I think he's not scum, just arrogant. But solid's right, he is still very suspicious looking because of Rhinos death.
unvote enforcer
and
FoS: enforcer

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”