Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 491, Black wrote: I don't think this makes you scum but I want to hear Dann's opinion on it
I have a lot of complicated thoughts about Jupiter and I need to reread before I really speak on any of it or decide where I'm at

I guess part of why I am pushing jupiter super hard for their scum reads is I think the Titus > Skygazer trajectory is both super safe and they didn't actually seem to get anything out of the titus push? like yeah sure titus posted but titus was already posting i would think town would place more emphasis on the actual content and im not sure why that was almost an afterthought for jupiter
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

The Titus thing is weird all over, yeah
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Black »

In post 498, Dannflor wrote:
In post 490, Black wrote: He is verbose in a lot of what he's saying so it seems consistent at least, still no way to tell if it's personality or not. I don't understand why you don't think townies can be worried about their optics? If he's town and he notices a wagon forming on him I think it's normal to want to seem townie in his responses
so, a lot of mafia (read: scum) player's first priority is to look town. This makes sense since their win condition depends on surviving until the end of the game and looking more town (or less scummy) than enough other people is the most straightforward way to do this.

town's first priority is to find and kill scum. town are not necessarily as prone to worry about surviving because they can win posthumously as long as the scum are found and deaded.

obviously this is a massive oversimplification and townies do obviously want to look town as well (and there are other complications as well)

BUT town's first priority is generally not to look town, it's to find scum. my general feeling is that kurta's posts were more designed to prioritize the former which i view as more likely to come from scum.
I generally agree with this but in a game where it's hard to find scum then wouldn't it make sense to fall back on a lesser priority like trying to show everyone you're town?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

maybe?

I don't think I agree it's hard to find scum in this game and I personally think a lot of people aren't trying very hard
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Black »

In post 499, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 493, Black wrote:
In post 402, Bellaphant wrote: They give me super mixed vibes? Their beginning posts were quite bad, I agreed with some of the middle, specifically about aisa, and then the lurker vote was horrible.
In post 479, Bellaphant wrote: VOTE: kurtapika

Also, I was going to make a joke about our lovely cohesive VC but dann beat me :(
I don't like this. Why not vote for me here over someone you have mixed feelings over?
The answer is literally in what you quoted? Y
Sorry if I'm missing it but I'm not seeing where you explained why you would want to vote Kurtpika over me. You said you don't townread me and you think I'm sus. It feels unnatural of you to not put pressure on me here and instead join the bigger wagon
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:05 am

Post by Black »

In post 503, Dannflor wrote: maybe?

I don't think I agree it's hard to find scum in this game and I personally think a lot of people aren't trying very hard

implies you do, or at least you understand why others might
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Dannflor »

i am personally not finding it hard to get scum reads this game

but I think people are struggling because they are almost exclusively pushing vanity wagons or lurkers for the sake of "pressure votes" instead of just compromising on wagon other people in order to get some ACTUAL pressure going

i think if people are having trouble finding scum reads it's kind of their own fault for not trying to pursue this more
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

like i want skygazer to play the game as much as the next person but jupiter voting skygazer when jupiter has made it clear the bar for unvoting is simple *posting* means that their vote is as good as useless

I'd much rather jupiter pursued a wagon on aisa or shaddowez who are already active and jupiter has expressed actual suspicions of

and I'm frustrated I can't figure out whether jupiter doing that is an intentional move to not make waves or if they actually think they are being pro town
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:10 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 500, Dannflor wrote: titus was already posting i would think town would place more emphasis on the actual content
i didnt remember any content from titus though lol
that was kind of the point of my push: i remembered they existed and that they were posting but i could not remember anything they had done at all. when i looked through their posts a lot of it was fluff about scumplay and everything else didn't do much, at least fmpov. thus i voted titus and posted that scumread to see how they woudl react? did i not literally say it was a pressure vote?
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:10 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 507, Dannflor wrote: like i want skygazer to play the game as much as the next person but jupiter voting skygazer when jupiter has made it clear the bar for unvoting is simple *posting* means that their vote is as good as useless

I'd much rather jupiter pursued a wagon on aisa or shaddowez who are already active and jupiter has expressed actual suspicions of

and I'm frustrated I can't figure out whether jupiter doing that is an intentional move to not make waves or if they actually think they are being pro town
i'm literally voting shadow right now
i wanted to see his response before i officially voted him and it wasnt a response i liked so i voted him???
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 508, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 500, Dannflor wrote: titus was already posting i would think town would place more emphasis on the actual content
i didnt remember any content from titus though lol
that was kind of the point of my push: i remembered they existed and that they were posting but i could not remember anything they had done at all. when i looked through their posts a lot of it was fluff about scumplay and everything else didn't do much, at least fmpov. thus i voted titus and posted that scumread to see how they woudl react? did i not literally say it was a pressure vote?
that's not what I'm saying.

You unvoted her simply because she had posted more, not because she posted better content.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 460, JupiterXV wrote: i didn't actually see the content of titus' post, i just decided to unvote since the goal of getting her to post was achieved.

your goal was getting her to post

which i don't really get because she was already posting if that is all you wanted from her
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Black »

VOTE: shaddowez
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Bellaphant »

The whole point is that our wagons are ridic right now: danns saying exactly the same thing. I am voting where I think we can have an actual wagon on a slot I don't tr, so we can get some progress and that's...an issue?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:17 am

Post by Bellaphant »

See, now we have two vaguely competing wagons on someone I tr and someone I don't . This good!
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:18 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 510, Dannflor wrote: that's not what I'm saying.

You unvoted her simply because she had posted more, not because she posted better content.
no...? i unvoted her because i saw her post meaning that there was something to respond to, and i ended up buying her response because so there was no reason to revote her???
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:18 am

Post by Black »

In post 513, Bellaphant wrote: The whole point is that our wagons are ridic right now: danns saying exactly the same thing. I am voting where I think we can have an actual wagon on a slot I don't tr, so we can get some progress and that's...an issue?
I clearly didn't gather this from your posts but ok. Sorry I guess?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:19 am

Post by Bellaphant »

No need to be sorry, just think you are looking for zebras a bit with me
JupiterXV
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
JupiterXV
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:20 am

Post by JupiterXV »

In post 511, Dannflor wrote:
In post 460, JupiterXV wrote: i didn't actually see the content of titus' post, i just decided to unvote since the goal of getting her to post was achieved.

your goal was getting her to post

which i don't really get because she was already posting if that is all you wanted from her
my vote on her wasn't achieving anything so it was better to unvote anyways and get rid of it. idk if expressing that sentiment is scummy or not especially since i didn't want to say it before, or whether it'll get me flashwagoned but tbh i don't care anymore. titus's tone came off as tired and a bit frustrated so i decided to jsut let her have some room, and i had better things to do so i didn't vote her again. i wasn't doing anything with it anyways so it really just doesn't matter to me in the slightest
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Bellaphant »

But Dan is right: you did unvote because she....posted..you didn't revote her because you didn't find what she posted scummy?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I can't work out if Jupiter admitting to lying twice in like five pages is as scummy as it seems....
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Aisa »

Ok I have finally read or skimmed all the posts in the game
I've acquired tentative townreads on both Dann and Black. I know they are considered capable scum players and maybe I am playing with fire but still
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:27 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 520, Bellaphant wrote: I can't work out if Jupiter admitting to lying twice in like five pages is as scummy as it seems....
FWIW I have been in situations where I skim a long wall and think "this seems towny", then three days later I reread it more carefully and have to grovel and apologise and explain why I am changing my mind
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:29 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I do a worse thing where I read a wall and am like sections 1,4 and 6 are town, 2 and 5 are null and 3 And 7 seem really scummy! Good read, Bella
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:36 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 506, Dannflor wrote: i am personally not finding it hard to get scum reads this game

but I think people are struggling because they are almost exclusively pushing vanity wagons or lurkers for the sake of "pressure votes" instead of just compromising on wagon other people in order to get some ACTUAL pressure going

i think if people are having trouble finding scum reads it's kind of their own fault for not trying to pursue this more
Also boop
VOTE: kurtapika

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”