Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.08

ssbm_Kyouko (1): Elements
Gamma Emerald (1): Cobblerfone
Elements (1): Puffalicious
Celebloki (1): Mizuki

Not Voting (5): shaddowez, Celebloki, ssbm_Kyouko, Gamma Emerald, Thomith

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-11-26 23:23:15).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 221, Mizuki wrote:
In post 218, Cobblerfone wrote: -SNIP-
For some reason I thought was your post. Don't ask me why, I'd just woken up at that time.

When you say "the setup speculation didn't seem calculated to influence the town to choose a bad option" can you provide a more specific example? Where exactly are the points you think Kyouko could've misled town?

I'm a little confused, by the question. My point is, if mafia is going to bother with setup speculation (which to my understanding is held by conventional wisdom to be NAI or scummy for much the same reasons you expressed as my statistics speculation to be scummy), they're going to do it to either bait the town into doing something that gives an edge to the speculator or (more likely imo) convince them not doing anything unusual is the best option. Admittedly, that can last one can also come from cautious town, but Kyouko seemed to be leading discussion in a more unconventional way. Admittedly it's kind of a blur. I'll have more time tomorrow to review it all because I don't actually remember what note we ended on

In post 224, Thomith wrote: -SNIP-
Could you expand a little on why you think you attract misguided town tunnels?

Honestly it's been long enough I don't really remember. Even at the time I wasn't sure. Probably my idiosyncrasies? Unconventionalities? In my newbie game I got tunnel-vision. Early on in my mafiascum career I tended to be a sheep. I'd sheep the one highly confident and charismatic scumhunter that was in the game (I used to mostly play large themes, and there's always one it seems. Heck if I were the way I was back then, I'd be sheeping Kyouko 100% in this game). Of course that eventually backfired, of course -- charismatic scumhunters are sometimes scum after all. IDK. I also used to trust my intuition for detecting town too much. Though I recognize now that's probably statistical error. "Firm town reads" that are actually based on bad intuition are still more likely to be town than scum. I also tend to get kind of emotional and anxious when I have a lot of votes on me whether town or scum. I used to have a lot of pride in not being executed as town, until I did. I regard it as failure as much as, or perhaps more so, than when I am scum. I think I considered it a "duty" to be perceived as town as town. I'm always trying some new angle to try to "solve" the game I guess. Aspiring but crank scumhunter, I guess :P

In post 230, Elements wrote:
In post 224, Thomith wrote: @Elements, do you agree with the assessment that you've been vote hopping?
I always vote hop day 1
It's probably the most nai thing I can do

Fair enough, it is day 1. NAI until the day 2 wagon analysis.

In post 243, Thomith wrote: Honestly, the reason why I'm a little confused is because the votes happened, but the reasoning for them had to be drawn out of Mizuki and Elements, rather than mentioned when the votes originally happened.
I could be reading too much into this though.

IMO that doesn't matter as much on its own. More important if subsequent

In post 252, Puffalicious wrote: Anyone else think shaddowez is scum here? just based off the first post.

Elements is being scummy too. But there is the whole alt thing so idk.

What do you think @kyouko

I'm not Kyouko but while I do think being scum is more likely to get you into that mindset, I think there are too many other reasons for someone's first post to be like that (generally boiling down to excitement mixed with laziness / tiredness) for it to be alignment indicative. More important is a pattern of behavior.

Granted, considering how we had two competing wagons with 2 votes on at the same time and neither even got to a 3rd vote, I would not be surprised if one or (or even both scum) were in Shadowez / Celebloki. Puff also only ever got to 3 votes. Although, I we guess we do have plurality at deadline. That might make scum less eager in general to hop on wagons.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Plurality is not enabled in this game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 276, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 243, Thomith wrote: Honestly, the reason why I'm a little confused is because the votes happened, but the reasoning for them had to be drawn out of Mizuki and Elements, rather than mentioned when the votes originally happened.
I could be reading too much into this though.
IMO that doesn't matter as much on its own. More important if subsequent
What do you mean by this - more important if "subsequent"
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Alianna »

imaginality replaces Celebloki.
I townread Alianna.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:46 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hi folks! I'm on NZ time (UTC+13), most active in my late evening. Though not a frequent poster overall. With me you get quality over quantity. Albeit not necessarily
good
quality.

I'll read through the game now and probably post a couple of updates along the way.

UNVOTE: in case Celebloki was voting anyone
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

Six pages in.

Townreading: Thomith, Mizuki, Kyuoko
Scumreading: Cobb, Puff
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:13 pm

Post by imaginality »

Okay, caught up.

VOTE: Cobb

I like Elements' questioning of Puff in
In post 59, Gamma Emerald wrote: Eh I think hypo might be viable if claiming target but not role/result
I think this makes quite a bit of sense, so long as you mean non-investigative PRs would also hypoclaim a target rather than their actual target. Otherwise scum might deduce who's doctor for example based on the choice of target.
In post 81, Puffalicious wrote:
In post 80, Celebloki wrote: I have a really hard time reading setup speculation without my eye's glazing over, but I think I ultimately followed it. I do think I generally get a town read on ssbm because of it though. Maybe also Mizuki.

UNVOTE:
Are you town reading them because of the setup talk? Those type of stuff are nai.

- A
This seemed a bit too quick to dismiss a reason for townreading people compared to asking for more specifics about why (as Thomith did in the very next post).

If Puff is scum this is +town for kyuoko and Mizuki.

--
On the statistics stuff from Cobb:
Clearly the stats are wrong, and not just a little bit. But I have a weird hunch that in a {Puff, Cobb} scenario this could have been a good way to get off the Puff wagon and cause a bunch of noise and pointless content. (For example feels like it could be pure chaff.)

In the end everyone agrees the stats were wrong but the time and attention taken has meanwhile helped shift focus away from Puff and also makes it look like Cobb unvoted from mistaken logic rather than the timing of the unvote coming under more question.

Whether that theory has weight, given Puff was only at E-2 not E-1, I'm not sure. Like I say, more just gut feel (reinforced a little by Cobb's recent posts being quite thought out which makes the stats error a little less plausible).

---
In post 178, Thomith wrote: it seems like it was over half the playerlist in the entire game that was questioning the slot (Me, Gamma Emerald, Cobblerfone, Elements, Mizuki, Kyouko) either directly on post 30, or on other things after it became clear that the Puff slot had gained a lot of attention. That definitely gives me vibes that Puff could very feasibly just be Town, and there was at least one Mafia jumping on that seemingly easy train of thought/suspicion.
Again this also makes me more tempted to read Elements as Town currently, as it did look like they were trying to avoid this happening, at least to me.
I agree with this gamestate as +town for Elements but don't see it as +town for Puff.

---
from Puff felt to me like times when as scum, I want to reward players who've switched from scumreading me to townreading me with a townread on them. It's not as active as buddying and not as deliberate as pocketing. More like HYDS (Hooray! You don't suck!) which is my newly coined term for the opposite of OMGUS.
---
In post 218, Cobblerfone wrote: Mizuki, I think of in terms of her tunnel on me. My gut gives me a slight town read because
I have a history of attracting misguided town tunnels.
In post 276, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 224, Thomith wrote: -SNIP-
Could you expand a little on why you think you attract misguided town tunnels?
Honestly it's been long enough
I don't really remember. Even at the time I wasn't sure.

The first bolded sentence makes it sound like currently relevant as a justification for townreading Mizuki for scumreading you. The second bolded quote makes it sound like distant past. Which is it?

---
In post 269, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 257, Puffalicious wrote:
In post 253, Thomith wrote:
In post 252, Puffalicious wrote: Anyone else think shaddowez is scum here? just based off the first post.

What do you think @kyouko
What's scummy about what is essentially an ego post?
Over explainy first post. "Sleep now." "Post tomorrow"

Scum feels the need to over explain, especially in a scenario where they legit gotta go. Town would just be like "sup" and leave.
I feel like I got a similar vibe from shaddowez’s first post
Similar vibe to Puff (that the first post was scummy overexplainy) or similar to "town would just be like 'sup' and leave"?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by imaginality »

Readslist:

Yay!

Thomith
Elements
Mizuki
Kyouko
Gamma
Puff
Shadow
Cobb

Nay!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:26 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 283, imaginality wrote: Readslist:

Yay!

Thomith
Elements
Mizuki
Kyouko
Gamma
Puff
Shadow
Cobb

Nay!
I can see your reasoning for Puff and Cobb clearly in your catch up post, but could you expand on your other reads?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Puffalicious
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Puffalicious »

I did not like imaginality's catch up. The wallpost looked like the kind of post scum would make to fake a read and it looked like he was pairing Cobb's and me as scum buddies. Pairing 2 players as scum I consider it scum trying to setup chain mislim. The part where imaginality said where I was rewarding a town read made no sense to me.

- A
Puffalicious
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Puffalicious »

Yay!

Thomith
Elements
Mizuki
Kyouko
Gamma
Puff
Shadow
Cobb

Nay!
On your wallpost you have talked about Cobbs and me and when I looked at your reads list here I see you put Shadow below me. What is it about Shadow you did not like and why did you not have anything to say about him?

- A
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:53 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I like Imaginality's catch-up. I'd be curious to know what gob thinks of Imaginality's comments on 204.

VOTE: Cobblerfone
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:11 am

Post by imaginality »

Thomith's been asking good questions throughout and seems to be actually thinking about what people say.

Elements felt genuine to me when discussing their entrance and I agree that questioning people waiting around on Puff to answer felt like something scum wouldn't do.

Mizuki was my top town read early but there were one or two mistakes later which are probably genuine but just made me inch back from my earlier complete confidence.

Kyouko handled the pressure that came her way well, I thought

Gamma isn't a scum read but I did feel uncertain and want to watch more closely

Puff and Cobb I've mentioned. Shadow is there as kinda my alternative because if Puff and Cobb aren't scum together then my scumread on either of them individually weakens somewhat and then taking away my townreads that leaves Shadow down there.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:13 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 285, Puffalicious wrote: I did not like imaginality's catch up. The wallpost looked like the kind of post scum would make to fake a read and it looked like he was pairing Cobb's and me as scum buddies. Pairing 2 players as scum I consider it scum trying to setup chain mislim. The part where imaginality said where I was rewarding a town read made no sense to me.

- A
Only would be a chain mislim if Cobb (or you) are scum otherwise it fails as soon as one flips town. So are you saying you're sure Cobb is scum?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:19 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 286, Puffalicious wrote:

Yay!

Thomith
Elements
Mizuki
Kyouko
Gamma
Puff
Shadow
Cobb

Nay!
On your wallpost you have talked about Cobbs and me and when I looked at your reads list here I see you put Shadow below me. What is it about Shadow you did not like and why did you not have anything to say about him?

- A
Wanting to wait to hear Gamma's response to my question about her Shadow comment first.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:20 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 289, imaginality wrote:
In post 285, Puffalicious wrote: I did not like imaginality's catch up. The wallpost looked like the kind of post scum would make to fake a read and it looked like he was pairing Cobb's and me as scum buddies. Pairing 2 players as scum I consider it scum trying to setup chain mislim. The part where imaginality said where I was rewarding a town read made no sense to me.

- A
Only would be a chain mislim if Cobb (or you) are scum otherwise it fails as soon as one flips town. So are you saying you're sure Cobb is scum?
And that wouldn't even be a chain mislim

I have trouble believing your take on my intentions is genuine
Puffalicious
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Puffalicious »

- A
Chain mislim means when it's a town flip. I don't know what Cobb will flip. I get pinged alot when I see someone pairs 2 people as scum when there hasn't been a scum flip yet.

- A
Puffalicious
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Puffalicious
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Puffalicious »

What you did it, it looked like you were looking for associations this early when there has been no scum flip. Imagine someone pairing 2 people as scum and if the first player flips town the whole read falls apart.

- A
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Alianna »

shaddowez has requested replacement.
I townread Alianna.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Thomith »

- A
This attempt at insinuating that Puff has knowledge they shouldn't feels like a stretch to me...
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 290, imaginality wrote:
In post 286, Puffalicious wrote:

Yay!

Thomith
Elements
Mizuki
Kyouko
Gamma
Puff
Shadow
Cobb

Nay!

- A
Wanting to wait to hear Gamma's response to my question about her Shadow comment first.
I must have missed it, one second
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Found it, the former
<Embrace The Void>

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:25 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 292, Puffalicious wrote:

- A
Chain mislim means when it's a town flip. I don't know what Cobb will flip. I get pinged alot when I see someone pairs 2 people as scum when there hasn't been a scum flip yet.

- A
Maybe I misunderstood the term but if one of you flipped town it would make me significantly less likely to scumread the other (as it would remove one of the hunches behind the scum read).
I don't see why you would conclude otherwise from my post.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:30 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 297, Gamma Emerald wrote: Found it, the former
Thanks for clarifying. That makes three of us.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”