Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

About this:
Elmo wrote:Okay, actually Rishi being scum is a good indicator of Kison being town. If I remember correctly, Fark claimed RB yesterday (?). With a claimed RB, scum want the person least likely to be blocked doing the kill. Rishi looks fairly suspicious based on yesterday's events, and Tar/Kison is basically guaranteed not to be roleblocked. So the fact they sent Rishi out probably means Kison isn't scum. By deduction, camn is likely town as well (plus town read on her).

Having said that, I find it odd that they did send Rishi out. That implies that probably the last scum isn't significantly less likely to be RBed, i.e. doesn't look much less suspicious. So yeah, feeling pretty good about this. It'd be awesome if anderson was the last one =)
I remember mentioning the same thing to Patrick, and I couldn't remember why I chose not to post it. NOW I DO REMEMBER! I don't think Kison is as clear as the above makes it out to seem. Keep in mind that Tarhalindur had some sort of a V/LA during the weekend that Night 1 was going on. It's completely plausible that a hypothetical Tarhalindur-scum might have not been around to submit the NK choice, and Rishi-scum could have been forced to do it instead. I'm still bothered by the fact that Kison seemed to "forget" that he was a Gunsmith and ended up placing Rishi at L-1 yesterday without giving himself a chance to get the pre-investigation votes that he claims his role requires before submitting his choice in to des-mod.

Plus that Tar FOS ----> HOS escalation on MacLock pre-Night 1 still sends alarm bells-a-ringin in my mind. Just wanted to put that out there.

- Incog.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Kison »

First, I didn't forget I was a gunsmith. My vote was poorly timed, though I have explained why this occurred. Please recall it was early day two and that I had skimmed the last few pages when I voted Rishi. I'd like to think that, as scum, I'd not be dumb enough to forget the role I claimed just a few days prior :roll:. Secondly, Night One spanned from November 14th to November 17th. A quick scan of Tarhalindur's posts on the site shows he posted on multiple occasions during that time frame.

In any event, it doesn't really matter at this point. I can't conceive of a way we can lose even if I wind up being ganked, just as long as it occurs after I have cycled my investigations. As I said earlier, I highly doubt more than one scum remains, as that would either place us with one group of four or two groups who have not yet produced a kill. Should anyone find either scenario likely I'd enjoy listening to that theory. Until then, I am taking the Mason claims as clearish worthy at this point. And unless I finish cycling without receiving a dangerous result, I will assume I am of normal sanity. This means we're dealing with the following from the perspective of an onlooker:

1) Grimmy
2) Andersonw
3) Camn

1) Flask of Pestilence
2) Knight of Cydonia
3) Kison
4) Elmo
5) Iamausername
6) ForbiddanLight
7) Farkshinsoup

We can lynch someone from this list. We'll have six suspects, one cleared from my investigation, and either two cleared by Farkshinsoup dying(because his death means he himself is also removed from the list), or no-one cleared but we open with no deaths from the night. Rinsing and repeating this should eventually have everyone from the list cleared except for me, at which point I'd understandably expect my own lynch be placed on the table to deconfirm everyone I've investigated, but I doubt at this point I'm naive so I don't expect that to occur.

Anyway, if we are going to lynch today, we need to decide before I perform my vote dance so I know who
not
to investigate. No-lynching may also work, but I'll have to think on it and run through some more scenarios. Comments welcome on both possible avenues.

Love,

- Kison
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I'd think that, having had two scum lynched, outing one personally, I'd be with Grimmy, anderson an Camn on the clear list. Unless you want to accuse me of some wild gambit.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Grimmy »

KILL: FARKINSOUP
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:31 am

Vote: Grimmy
pending explanation/result.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Have I just been dayvigged? Cause if you're gonna do that then please at least spell my name right!

I'll also
vote: Grimmy
, if that means anything.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Um...yeah...wow

Unvote, Vote Grimmy
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Elmo »

WTF? Unvote, guys. Regardless of what happens, Grimmy is one of the few people we certainly don't want to lynch right now.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

ok,
unvote
. Oh, Grimmy. Dear, sweet, Grimmy. I'll miss you most of all!
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:47 am

Post by camn »

Grimmy, explain yourself. And hard-claim, too, please.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 am

Grimmy, if that kill goes through, you are so dead.
Elmo - I fail to see how Grimmy can't be scum.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:16 am

Post by camn »

Anderson, too.. hard-claim please.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 am

I can see a 1 scum mason, 1 town mason gig.
After all, several of the un-aware Cylons had relationships before their Cylon programming awoke.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Kison »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I can see a 1 scum mason, 1 town mason gig.
Well that's what I would suppose as well, except I have a non-dangerous on him. Secondly, looking back, the way Grimmy phrased his semi claim during day one sounded as if he was claiming to have 'mod confirmation' of his partner. AndersonW should chime in and let us know whether or not this is the case, because for Grimmy to be scum with that confirmation, we'd have me being naive, and one of:

- both of them being scum
- bastard modding because destructor would have lied to andersonw

Waiting for AndersonW to state whether or not mod confirmation exists as well as Grimmy to explain what the frak he is doing.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I can see a 1 scum mason, 1 town mason gig.
This is my thought. We never DID get the mason thing confirmed.

Waiting for AndersonW to state whether or not mod confirmation exists as well as Grimmy to explain what the frak he is doing.
This
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by camn »

Hard claims from both, pls.
Today.. before night falls.

Plus, just for fun,
VOTE Flask of Pestilence

a) this 2-person business is starting to throw off my read. I am a very instinct-driven player.. and it's bogus.
b) Honestly, the explanation for this 'theoretical' frame-job of anderson.... it is like he was speaking Croatian. So, a vote for anti-logic. Especially in the light of him usually having real logic.
c) this is the real kicker.. I get the read that Incog is town, and Patrick is scum. Then my head explodes. Then it just occurred to me.. what if Patrick IS scum, and lied to Incog about their role? Then my head explodes.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Final Day 3 Vote Count [::.

Grimmy (2)
- Knight of Cydonia, forbiddanlight
Flask of Pestilence (1)
- camn

Not voting (7) - Flask of Pestilence, iamausername, Kison, Elmo, andersonw, Grimmy, Farkshinsoup

.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.

Farkshinsoup's death had been frighteningly simple. There had been no apparent diplomacy, no debate. Grimmy had simply walked up to him and, without a word, put his hands around Farkshinsoup's throat. He pressed his thumbs down on on his windpipe and after a few seconds of the sounds of Fark gurgling for air while his throat was crushed, Grimmy let go and Farkshinsoup's limp body fell to the floor.

As had proceeded the other deaths so for, the Basestar and Hybrid once again came to life. The Hybrid spoke.

"Lightness gained! Behold the scrolls that number many. Not one. Two. Number Two. Initiate sequence. Error. Number Two is lost, the fate of a void bought out of place. Facing opposite ends, the scro – Error."

With that, the Hybrid and Basestar subside again and the weary passengers retire for the night.

Farkshinsoup - Number 2, a Cylon of the Cylons has been killed!

Night 3 begins!

Night 3's deadline is December 13, 02:00 GMT.
Last edited by destructor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:11 am

Post by destructor »

Again, you all wake to find that you are all alive. The relative peace of the night almost makes you want to go back to sleep. But you know you can't. There is this mysterious matter of Cylon Basestar that needs to be solved and no matter how many "peaceful" nights pass, you know that you will not be able to sleep soundly, one way or another, until it is.

There were no deaths in Night 3.

Day 4 begins!

Day 4's Deadline is January 11, 02:00 GMT.

With nine alive it takes
five
votes to lynch today.
Last edited by destructor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Kison »

Kison wrote:Waiting for AndersonW to state whether or not mod confirmation exists as well as Grimmy to explain what the frak he
is doing
did.
No investigation from me.

Vote: iamausername

In case day ends prematurely again, I at least have a chance of sending in my investigation during twilight.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:32 am

Post by iamausername »

OK, so firstly, Grimmy and anderson need to explicitly state whether or not they know each other to be town. And secondly, Grimmy needs to explain why the hell he daykilled Fark, of all people. I mean seriously, what the frak, Grimmy?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:34 am

Post by iamausername »

Wooo, Sarnath'd.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:06 am

Vote: Grimmy
until this shit gets sorted out.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:29 am

Post by camn »

Vote andersonw
until this shiv gets sorted out.

And check it... now we know there are at least 3 factions. the Cylon Mafia. The Cylons. and the Fleet. I don't know if the cylons want us humans dead or not.... but I wouldn't put it past them!

Though KoC is certainly not playing that way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

And check it... now we know there are at least 3 factions. the Cylon Mafia. The Cylons. and the Fleet. I don't know if the cylons want us humans dead or not.... but I wouldn't put it past them!
It pretty much specifically says we win when threats to our team no longer exist (paraphrase).

So, I dunno?

And I'd like an explanation from Grimmy too.
-StrangerCoug

andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:08 am

Post by andersonw »

Okay, we are
not
confirmed masons.
The reason I didn't explicitly state this was that I thought Kison's investigation was enough to clear Grimmy, and I know myself to be town, so it would be better just to assume that we are both town. I'm not so sure about this anymore, though, obviously.

That being said,
vote: grimmy
, for posting on december 12 and yet not answering my questions that I asked him on december 10.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”