Mini 693 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia (OVER)

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Natirasha »

tl'dr: Malthusis is a walking contradiction?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by iLord »

Nat wrote:tl'dr: Malthusis is a walking contradiction?
Actually, I see what Malt's saying. He's Zelda, and Zelda and Sheik are the same person, so it wouldn't make sense for them to be in the same game, even though he's not Sheik.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by malthusis »

Nat wrote:
tl'dr: Malthusis is a walking contradiction?

Actually, I see what Malt's saying. He's Zelda, and Zelda and Sheik are the same person, so it wouldn't make sense for them to be in the same game, even though he's not Sheik.
Finally!
QFT
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by malthusis »

EBWOP:
Mod: In your new vote count, is the quote purposelly the same or were you too lazy?

Wait a minute... I could have sworn I'd gotten a new one. Oops. - Tar
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:34 am

Post by raider8169 »

Hey everyone I am back. They held us up at the hospital longer then I was hoping. This is my second child so I will be able to keep playing however after my current games are over I will have to cut back on the amount of games.

I may have missed some questions directed towards me and if so sorry but please point them out again and I will get to them.

First thing I remember was that my role is very similar to iLords role. I may have to reread but ilord, is your 1 time bullet proof called just that or called something different?

I asked why do you care as I would like to know what you were trying to get at with asking the question. What were you trying to get out of it? Plus why are you answering questions with a question, I would still like an answer.
Also, does anybody know if you get a message when you as 1-shot bulletproof townie are targeted by scum?
I did say yes or atleast that I received a message. At least one person knows this is true, as they targeted me.

@andersonw. I do not think I would have said that if that had been the case but if someone tried to sum it up it would have looked just like that. I do not think someone saying its ok to hammer and someone voting are the same thing. They do show support for the lynch but to different level of support. The vote being of course the higher support.

If I missed something let me know.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:09 am

Post by iLord »

@raider: I was trying to figure out whether or not your role was compatible with mine. I believed that it was not, but Malt disproved that.

My role is a doc in the future. SP's a 1-shot bulletproof.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 am

Post by ZazieR »

@Malt
Malt wrote:About the arrows: I have no idea what is happening with those. I was trying to lure MafiaSSK into a trap where he might say his role (hoping it was Sheik) because that would all fit together but it doesn't seem like that was right.
You sure you wanted to counterclaim?

FoS Malt

Zazie wrote:And if you think that Sheik isn't even likely a role in this game (as you just said) then why would you say that Sheik is anti-town? Why even mention that you think she's anti-town if you wanted to counterclaim?
Andwersonw, I still want you to claim. But I'm only one player. I want to know what the others will say about this as I think the claims might help us. I will go into this if the decision will be that you claim.

May I also ask to not put anyone at L-2 for now. And I want to hear from everyone how many scum each player think is still alive.
Ignore the ''R''
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:54 am

Post by raider8169 »

There has to be 2 scum left. Of course I really dont know. I am not good at guessing set-ups.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:58 am

Post by iLord »

I'm pretty sure two - most of the mini's I've seen with traitors have had three "real" mafia.

I see no reason for andersonw to claim.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In the past, we have 2 scumz.
In the future, we have 1 scum. At least, that's how I imagine it.
I say andersonw should claim.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by andersonw »

ZazieR wrote:Also andersonw, you can see in this quote why Natirasha thinks that Zelda/Sheik had the light arrows. Besides, I don't know if anyone has played 'Twilight Princess' or 'The Windwaker', but in both games Zelda helps by using the light arrows.
This, together with Malt's quote and his explanation of it, means he deserves my vote.
While malthusis's "contradictions" are something different, my point was that I don't get how the single idea of finding someone with light arrows deserves a massclaim. Could you still explain this, Natirasha?

Also, malthusis: If it is still possible that both Zelda and Shiek could both have been in the game (obviously not now, of course), why would you still counterclaim even if there was a small chance? Looking at the wikipedia article, it says that Zelda was Sheik in the future, so I would be surprised if I was Zelda and wasn't Sheik (this is pretty much speculation, but the flavor seems pretty strong to me).
raider8169 wrote:@andersonw. I do not think I would have said that if that had been the case but if someone tried to sum it up it would have looked just like that. I do not think someone saying its ok to hammer and someone voting are the same thing. They do show support for the lynch but to different level of support. The vote being of course the higher support.
Okay, thanks.

I'll claim.
I am another sage, Impa to be exact.
In the past, I am a one-shot cop (although the flavor makes it seem like I am more of a flavor cop, kind of like how Pesco described hers).
In the future, I am a vanilla townie.
Question for anyone: Do you think it's a good idea to reveal whether I have used it yet?

And, with the amount of power roles we are getting, I wouldn't be surprised if there were still 2 more mafia. I still think it's more likely that there's 1 left, though, because 4 out of 12 is still a pretty large amount. (I haven't read any minis with traitors, though, so I'm not sure about the general meta on this).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by raider8169 »

@andersonw if you got a guilty result of course you should reveal. If you got a different result but I am not sure. It would make them a target but I think now that we have all revealed our roles who knows.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by iLord »

andersonw should not reveal - he's not getting killed tonight because the scum can't risk Pesco coming back - he can reveal tommorow.
Andersonw wrote:Also, malthusis: If it is still possible that both Zelda and Shiek could both have been in the game (obviously not now, of course), why would you still counterclaim even if there was a small chance? Looking at the wikipedia article, it says that Zelda was Sheik in the future, so I would be surprised if I was Zelda and wasn't Sheik (this is pretty much speculation, but the flavor seems pretty strong to me).
Could you elaborate on what you are trying to say here? I'm a little confused.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"This is surely Princess Zelda's handwriting! Well, let's see... Hmm...ok... "This is Link. He is under my orders to save Hyrule" Wa ha ha ha hah! What kind of funny game has our princess come up with now? OK. OK, all right. You can go up now... Just be careful, Mr. Hero! Wah hah ha ha hah!" - a Hyrule Royal Guardsman

The Forty-Second Vote Count (aka the "Right, Right, Left, Right, Right, Left, Left" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

andersonw (0)
ZazieR (rep. letsbefriends) (0)
Natirasha (2) - malthusis
malthusis (1) - Natirasha
iLord (0)
raider8169 (1) - iLord

Not Voting (3): andersonw, ZazieR, raider8169

Votes required to lynch: 4

FoS Count:

andersonw
ZazieR
Natirasha
malthusis (1) - ZazieR
iLord
raider8169

Current and Final Deadline:
December 17, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

""Oh...I see... Saria won't ever come back... But...I...I made a promise to Saria... If Link came back, I would be sure to tell him that Saria had been waiting for him... Because Saria...really... liked..." - Mido

I am NOT happy. Expect massprod tomorrow if I don't see posts. (I won't replace anderson if I do, though, since he actually posted recently.) - Tar

The Forty-Third Vote Count (aka the "Left, Down, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left Vote Count):

Vote Count:

andersonw (0)
ZazieR (rep. letsbefriends) (0)
Natirasha (2) - malthusis
malthusis (1) - Natirasha
iLord (0)
raider8169 (1) - iLord

Not Voting (3): andersonw, ZazieR, raider8169

Votes required to lynch: 4

FoS Count:

andersonw
ZazieR
Natirasha
malthusis (1) - ZazieR
iLord
raider8169

Current and Final Deadline:
December 17, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Here's why I think everything fits as to why Zelda/Mathy is scum.

Idea One: Tar does not follow flavor when designing games.
Conclusion: At least one unconditionally-townie rolename is probably scum.
Idea Two: The only people who use light arrows are Zelda(/Sheik/Tetra) and Link. Link is dead.
Conclusion: Light arrow kills are by Zelda.
Idea Three: Arrow kills began day two, AFTER ZONEACE was modkilled.
Idea Four: The mafia had a traitor in the future.
Conclusion: The mafia has a different traitor in the past.
Conclusion: The scum did not want to use the light arrows, since that would implicate Zelda.
Idea Five: Zelda would make a great godfather.
Conclusion: Zelda is the godfather.
Idea Six: Malthusis is Zelda.
Conclusion: Malthusis is scum.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:04 am

Post by ZazieR »

Actually, thanks to reading I think it's actually possible for Malt to be innocent.
As some know, I'm a huge fan of manga's. While checking out which manga I wanted to read next, I found the Ocarina of Time manga. When I was reading, I came across the moment in which Link became the hero of time. Also known for the moment in which you meet Rauru. Here Rauru said: 'My body has long since vanished. But while in the "Space of Sages" I am able to communicate with you.'
This could explain why the killings started after ZONEACE was banished to the Sacred Realm as this is the place where the Sages stay.
If you look back in this game, ZONEACE said that he had the arrows of light and that he has a limited vigilanted ability in both realms. When saying this, he didn't know yet that he was already lynched. This is why I think Malt doesn't has the light arrows. I think that ZONEACE is killing and if he isn't allowed to do so (due to the modkill), it will be the remaining scum who do.
And that's where the problem is. Are there two scum left or only one?
It seems that most think 2. I don't think so. If I'm correct about ZONEACE, this is a very strange set-up. Besides, if ZONEACE is killing you can't roleblock him or kill him with a vig. So 4 scum would be too much.
Ignore the ''R''
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:13 am

Post by raider8169 »

ZazieR wrote:And that's where the problem is. Are there two scum left or only one? It seems that most think 2. I don't think so. If I'm correct about ZONEACE, this is a very strange set-up. Besides, if ZONEACE is killing you can't roleblock him or kill him with a vig. So 4 scum would be too much.
I think it has to be 2 as well. Only having 2 scum total would seem very town sided.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:18 am

Post by iLord »

I don't believe ZONEACE is making the kills. It's possible, but I just don't find it likely, even within the realms of a Tar game. Regardless, I don't think Malt's scum - I'd much prefer a raider lynch.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:52 am

Post by raider8169 »

iLord wrote:I'd much prefer a raider lynch.
When you have a real reason to want me lynched let me know.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:12 am

Post by malthusis »

There's probably not more then two scum right now for sure. I'm more for the idea that the scum group as a whole has the kill ability light arrows (or maybe Rauru passed them on) then zoneace keeping sniping us (Plus even if he was allowed to do that, he was modkilled, which means that he'd probably lose that power).
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:14 am

Post by iLord »

raider wrote:When you have a real reason to want me lynched let me know.
What was the purpose of this post?

I've stated my reasoning multiple times in thread. The only thing that has changed is that people haven't agreed with me.

Posts like this are reading extremely scummy - not only do they accomplsih nothing, you're attempting to attack the status of my reasoning rather than reasoning itself in an attempt to weaken it.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:16 am

Post by iLord »

Malt wrote:There's probably not more then two scum right now for sure. I'm more for the idea that the scum group as a whole has the kill ability light arrows (or maybe Rauru passed them on) then zoneace keeping sniping us (Plus even if he was allowed to do that, he was modkilled, which means that he'd probably lose that power).
Zazie was saying that in that scenario, the scum would be able to control ZONEACE's ability.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Natirasha »

There are two scum, if everyone listened to me.

This is the scumteam, from what I'd think.

2 scumzors(Malthusis and ZONEACE).
1 Past Mafia Traitor
1 Future Mafia Traitor

Since traitors usually don't know the identity of mafiates, then they can easily be worked into changing alignments mid-game.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:34 am

Post by iLord »

Nat wrote:There are two scum, if everyone listened to me.

This is the scumteam, from what I'd think.

2 scumzors(Malthusis and ZONEACE).
1 Past Mafia Traitor
1 Future Mafia Traitor

Since traitors usually don't know the identity of mafiates, then they can easily be worked into changing alignments mid-game.
This is plausible. It changes little of how we are scumhunting, though. Still two mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”