Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:50 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Not that it matters much really, but I jailkept Comet on night 1.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Oi! I was off to bed. But why?
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:07 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1151, Afrayed Knott wrote: Oi! I was off to bed. But why?
They were the most clearly townie player in the game imo, I thought they had the best chance of being targeted for a kill.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1123, Cometbright wrote: Cool so we don't vote outside of Timmer and Merlyn today.

50/50 - we win and we get to repeat this again tomorrow, we lose and we get endgamed. I guess it saves me having to actively read the rest of you for now.
Yup yup. Lim me tomorrow if I'm lying, but Timmer has to go today.
In post 1124, Cometbright wrote:
In post 1122, Merlyn wrote: Pigeon invested python.
This is strange to me because Pigeon seemed pretty set on Python being town throughout most of Day 1 - I know you can't answer for him but why would he pick Python to investigate?
I have no idea, I was just given the results by the mod.
In post 1127, Dannflor wrote: Why did you check Afrayed over a slot like Timmer, Merlyn?
LOL I thought Timmer was town after yesterdays lolhammer. The only folks I'd be checking are Knott, you, and Kittie, but Knott was the one I wanted to resolve first.
In post 1132, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 1119, Merlyn wrote: Nope nope nope nope you cannot be JK

VOTE: TimmerRC

I'll claim if I have to, but it's not possible
LOL. Considering that you are who I jailkept, I'm not surprised by this.
Uh huh. Convenient that you left it open to pretty much anyone.
In post 1135, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 1119, Merlyn wrote: Nope nope nope nope you cannot be JK

Claim.

I already did. Maybe you're skimming.
In post 1138, TimmerRC wrote: I looked at who was left in the game.

Comet seemed town. I have a hunch on Afrayed that they are town.

Black/Dannflor had a decent chance of being bad, but if they were good, there was no way they would get night killed.

Kittie is a complete question mark but was under a lot of scrutiny so if they are town they would not get killed.

But Merlyn... Merlyn subbed in and didnt really do much and it felt like he was letting us kill each other. But, with the number of players left, they COULD be good. So I gave them a 50/50 chance of either being bad or targeted for a kill.

No one was going to kill me, I've been taking too many votes.
I'm a she.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:08 am

Post by TimmerRC »

And at the time i had absolutely no vibe on who the scum could be so it made most sense to act as a protect, not a rb.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:12 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1122, Merlyn wrote: Okay. Pigeon invested python. I investigated Knott, who is town.
So you are claiming cop?

Let me see how this works... you wouldn't claim that if there's a tracker, or a friendly neighbour, so we must be in the jailkeeper only game and you can claim whatever you want because there is no other PR to counter you. And your plan is to say that we are in the cop only game. Nicely done, it is literally your only option.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:14 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Except that the kill failed, and there is no way that can happen in a cop only game.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:17 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Unless your plan is to say that the mafia just... forgot?

VOTE: Merlyn, obviously.

And I apologize, I forgot to check your pronouns.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

V3.1

The beautiful fairy and Lanval ride off into the sunset.

Fairies began to crop up in literature and tales during the Middle Ages. They were often portrayed as creatures that a knight errant may encounter.
Lanval
is a French poem/song about a knight who was visited by a beautiful lady who sought his love. In the fairy bride tradition, she would shower him with wealth and gifts and be his lover, provided he swore an oath never to tell anyone else about her. Of course he eventually broke that oath. Queen Guinevere fancied Lanval and he spurned her. She defamed him, and he protested and told her that he had a mistress, whose handmaidens were more beautiful than Guinevere. Oops! not only did he break his oath of secrecy to the fairy mistress, but also defaming the queen at the same time. Guinevere set about to ruin him.

This song differs from most other Arthurian legends in the way it portrays women. Rather than women being minor characters with no real virtue other than their beauty, The fairy mistress and Queen Guinevere are both beautiful, AND they play major roles in the story of Lanval's rise and near-downfall. Guinevere is a vain villain in the story and the fairy is a heroine. Though Lanval broke his oath, the fairy rescues him from the intrigue-riddled trial that on the very day of the trial itself.

TimmerRC (1):
Merlyn
Merlyn (1):
TimmerRC
Not Voting (4):
Cometbright, Dannflor, Kittiesecret, Afrayed Knott

With 6 alive it takes 4 votes to eliminate

Deadline: Sunday, October 29, Noon US Eastern Time.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-29 09:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • :]

Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:26 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1155, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 1122, Merlyn wrote: Okay. Pigeon invested python. I investigated Knott, who is town.
So you are claiming cop?

Let me see how this works... you wouldn't claim that if there's a tracker, or a friendly neighbour, so we must be in the jailkeeper only game and you can claim whatever you want because there is no other PR to counter you. And your plan is to say that we are in the cop only game. Nicely done, it is literally your only option.
In post 1156, TimmerRC wrote: Except that the kill failed, and there is no way that can happen in a cop only game.
In post 1157, TimmerRC wrote: Unless your plan is to say that the mafia just... forgot?

VOTE: Merlyn, obviously.

And I apologize, I forgot to check your pronouns.
No worries, I appreciate it.

The only checking on the NewD3 list I've done is to see if what you claimed could exist with mine, and it can't. That's all I needed to know. I'm assuming you no killed last night in order to set this up.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:41 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1159, Merlyn wrote:

The only checking on the NewD3 list I've done is to see if what you claimed could exist with mine, and it can't. That's all I needed to know. I'm assuming you no killed last night in order to set this up.
Of course. But let's walk through this.

You are claiming that I skipped a kill to "set this up".

And you are claiming cop.

So if you are a cop, there's 2 possibilities. One, there is also a town doctor. Or two, there is no other power role. Let's break each one down.

If you are a cop and there is a doctor, I would know that there were 2 town PR's because in that scenario my team would have a mafia roleblocker. And every scenario where the mafia has a RB, there are 2 town PRs. So it would be suicide for me to claim jailkeeper unprovoked when anything I said to you would be refuted by another town PR showing up and supporting you (which of course has not happened). Either the real jailkeeper would speak up, or the cop and a doctor would bolster their claim, or 2 masons would speak up. But that hasn't happened

So let's look at the other scenario.

MAfia is 2 goons. Ther eis either a cop, a jailkeeper, or two masons.

Here again, it would be absolute suicide for me to claim jailkeeper. There is a 3 out of 3 chance that i would get refuted.

So why.... WHY, would I withhold a kill to set this up and it couldn't work?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1160, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 1159, Merlyn wrote:

Of course. But let's walk through this.

You are claiming that I skipped a kill to "set this up".

And you are claiming cop.

So if you are a cop, there's 2 possibilities. One, there is also a town doctor. Or two, there is no other power role. Let's break each one down.

If you are a cop and there is a doctor, I would know that there were 2 town PR's because in that scenario my team would have a mafia roleblocker. And every scenario where the mafia has a RB, there are 2 town PRs. So it would be suicide for me to claim jailkeeper unprovoked when anything I said to you would be refuted by another town PR showing up and supporting you (which of course has not happened). Either the real jailkeeper would speak up, or the cop and a doctor would bolster their claim, or 2 masons would speak up. But that hasn't happened

So let's look at the other scenario.

MAfia is 2 goons. Ther eis either a cop, a jailkeeper, or two masons.

Here again, it would be absolute suicide for me to claim jailkeeper. There is a 3 out of 3 chance that i would get refuted.

So why.... WHY, would I withhold a kill to set this up and it couldn't work?
I think you're pretty bold as scum (or your partner is and you're in for the ride). You faked a lolhammer yesterday, and if this ploy works you ride all the way to victory. It's a good enough gambit to risk this and hope that town sides with you over someone who hasn't been in the game that long.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:54 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Could you touch on what I actually said? How would either withholding a kill or me coming out with a suicidal claim make sense?

Compared to... you are lying.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1162, TimmerRC wrote: Could you touch on what I actually said? How would either withholding a kill or me coming out with a suicidal claim make sense?

Compared to... you are lying.
...? I just responded to this. It would make sense because it false clears you.

I understand that you have to keep arguing with me, but I'm going to try and step back and let other talk.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 1152, TimmerRC wrote: They were the most clearly townie player in the game imo, I thought they had the best chance of being targeted for a kill.

I had a similar thought that Comet might well be targeted after her interaction with me and then that used against me today, or am I being too simplistic here. and then Merlyn saying she checked me out and got a town result, but then as scum that would already be knowledge for her. Your argument Tim with regard the setup makes sense and I can't see where Merlyn can counter it. You are saying we are in column C? Currently my vote today will go to Merlyn.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:06 am

Post by Kittiesecret »

In post 1119, Merlyn wrote: Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:48 pm

Nope nope nope nope you cannot be JK

Well this seems rather defensive and scummy

This is clearly a desprate attempt to make yourself look good. Dragon said Afrayed was town with his dying breath, and we already knew about python.

In post 1127, Dannflor wrote: Why did you check Afrayed over a slot like Timmer, Merlyn?

cuz it was the only slot that she could lie about convincingly

In post 1153, Merlyn wrote: I already did. Maybe you're skimming.

You did, buuuuuut you also kinda didn't.... cuz you never actually came out and said what role you were claiming. you insinuated that your role is cop... But you know what I do believe you are a Cop. A MafiaCop. or at least one part of the Mafia team is a MafiaCop.

Reasoning:

Dragon declared with his dying breath that Afrayed was conf town, which leads us to believe that Afrayed could be a friendly neighbour.

The only scenario that we could have with a JailKeeper and a Friendly Neighbour also has a MafiaCop.

If we are assuming that Timmer is telling the truth, which I am in this scenario.

Looking at his analysis of why your crackpot plan to set up a JailKeeper claim, it does not make sense that the mafia team would skip a kill to set one of their own up to be limmed.

What makes much more sense is that you (your team) has a MafiaCop and are in fact the ones stretching the truth here. You are trying just a little tooooooooo hard to sell your story.

My Vote also goes to Merlyn today. I would like to see some more reads tho...
Always watching
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1165, Kittiesecret wrote: Dragon said Afrayed was town with his dying breath,
Dragon was town- he had no idea if he reads were right, and neither did I. Did you?
In post 1165, Kittiesecret wrote: You are trying just a little tooooooooo hard to sell your story.
If I get voted out here we lose the game. You want me to be...chill or something about it?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 1153, Merlyn wrote: Yup yup. Lim me tomorrow if I'm lying, but Timmer has to go today.
Given if you're lying and we lim Timmer, we get endgamed, so this isn't really an option.
In post 1153, Merlyn wrote: LOL I thought Timmer was town after yesterdays lolhammer. The only folks I'd be checking are Knott, you, and Kittie, but Knott was the one I wanted to resolve first.
Obviously I'm biased but yeah Knott would have been my investigate too.
In post 1153, Merlyn wrote: Uh huh. Convenient that you left it open to pretty much anyone.
To be fair he did ask/indicate multiple times he wanted/was ready to say who he had targeted - you also line up with his brief description of who he had jailkept before he revealed it as you.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 1152, TimmerRC wrote: They were the most clearly townie player in the game imo, I thought they had the best chance of being targeted for a kill.
I felt like I was a pretty prime target for a early night-kill (highest post-count, seemed fairly town-read across the board, had pretty clearly indicated who I was suspicious of making me a good kill to either shut me up or to frame someone) so looking from Jailkeeper!Timmer perspective this checks out.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Cometbright »

So way I see it there are two options here:

If Timmer scum then Merlyn is cop and scumteam of Timmer/??? deliberately chose not to night kill.

If Merlyn scum then Timmer is indeed the jailkeeper who jailkept Merlyn and likely stopped her from killing (there is still a world though where scumteam Merlyn/??? chose not to night-kill).

The question I suppose comes down to do you think it's more likely that scum deliberately no-killed to cast suspicion or do you think mafia was blocked from killing via Jailkeeper.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm here now and rereading btw
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm a little alarmed by the sudden consensus that merlyn is more likely to be lying, I'd kind of expect a little more waffling if she had a partner out there who planned a CC with her

I didn't originally think scum no-killing would be all that likely but considering today could be endgame if we elim wrong I guess I shouldn't discount it completely
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1169, Cometbright wrote: If Timmer scum then Merlyn is cop and scumteam of Timmer/??? deliberately chose not to night kill.

If Merlyn scum then Timmer is indeed the jailkeeper who jailkept Merlyn and likely stopped her from killing (there is still a world though where scumteam Merlyn/??? chose not to night-kill).
i think what i want to do is go through and look at who timmer actually makes sense to be teamed with, if anyone - and then if there is anyone i can rule out as being teamed with timmer

likewise for merlyn
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm not really getting much out of watching merlyn and timmer yell at each other
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:15 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1169, Cometbright wrote: So way I see it there are two options here:

If Timmer scum then Merlyn is cop and scumteam of Timmer/??? deliberately chose not to night kill.

The question I suppose comes down to do you think it's more likely that scum deliberately no-killed to cast suspicion or do you think mafia was blocked from killing via Jailkeeper.
Deliberately chose not to nightkill and then revealed a roleclaim unprovoked that would be immediately contested if it were false.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”