Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Black »

Why have you been so confident in your meow read? I feel like Ausuka is probably a good enough scum player where you should probably have more doubts than you have displayed this game
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:36 pm

Post by Dannflor »

also on mobile in bed :p just rereading the game until i fall asleep
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1229, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i dont like how ive been a null or scum slot for most of the game and now I'm being townread as if scum know I'm about to make the wrong choice
Ccs this is a really weird thought

what wrong choice are you about to make

are you calling me and black scum because i think we’re the only ones who stated town reads on you

I don’t get how this thought it related to anything actually happening paranoia or no
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

idk as of 3am im thinking it’s somewhat likely ccs decided to just hard town read his buddy all game and it’s just ccs/iavh but ill take a more proper look at this tomorrow morning
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:56 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 1209, Ircher wrote:
Day 3 VC #1
Not Voting
(5): Black, Dannflor, Freedom, camelCasedSnivy, meowmeow

With five alive, it takes three votes to fade a player.
DeadlinesThis phase will end on Saturday, October 21, 2023 7:00 PM CDT (GMT-5:00) or in (expired on 2023-10-21 19:00:00).

Moderator Notes1: If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2: Let me know if you spot any errors in the vote count or voting history.
3: Let me know if you go by a different pronoun than listed.
4: The combined moderator ISO is here.

Pronoun Key1. camelCasedSnivy : he / him / his
3. Black : she / her / her
6. Dannflor : he / him / his
7. meowmeow : any / any / any
8. Freedom : he / him / his

Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:59 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1243, Black wrote:
In post 1237, meowmeow wrote: ... why would i not care about the idea of getting miseliminated. i'm not stupid, i knew if abnegation flips town it's elo immediately afterwards. this makes negative sense to me.

i mean, presumably the whole point was that it looked like tmi that a tracker exists, so why wouldn't me being a tracker be a possibility there? this is a nice line to use in an argument but it makes absolutely no sense in context - i specifically said like if i'm the tracker i would be confirmed town and track aureal
So basically you're saying you were afraid to get misfaded because your tracker comment seemed informed. If that's true then why am I so suspicious for thinking it was a scum slip?
because i knew i wasn't the tracker and you shouldn't have known that
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:02 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 1252, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1229, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i dont like how ive been a null or scum slot for most of the game and now I'm being townread as if scum know I'm about to make the wrong choice
Ccs this is a really weird thought

what wrong choice are you about to make

are you calling me and black scum because i think we’re the only ones who stated town reads on you

I don’t get how this thought it related to anything actually happening paranoia or no
you could think that youre able to pocket me somehow
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:03 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1244, Black wrote:
In post 1239, meowmeow wrote:
In post 1227, Dannflor wrote: Black I don't know why you think a meowmeow/dannflor team would have meowmeow hard bus me D1 to E-1 and me hard town read her all the while
also this? i think me and dannflor are pretty blatantly not teamed
I'm going to look at this later because I admit I'm not sure how likely the pairing is based on posts but I wouldn't mind hearing in your own words why you think it's so blatant
dannflor was pretty widely townread when i replaced in and then i started deathtunneling him on d1 and then he decided to hard townread me for it

it would certainly be a ... creative, way to play scum. i think we would be much better off just like ... letting dannflor cook, because he's a good scum player, and in this scenario i would be eating up all his oxygen

even if we decided we needed to bus d1 in a setup where there's a 2/3 chance a tracker or jailkeeper exists, i think i would've asked dannflor to get into it with me a bit more because people instinctively townread actual fights

just in general i don't feel like the two of us being a scumteam makes much, if any, sense
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:07 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1246, Black wrote:
In post 1240, meowmeow wrote: obviously i don't like black's handling of this whole situation
What is my motive here if I'm scum? This is probably wifom but wouldn't it make more sense for me to push a Dann/Freedom solve? I already thought it could be them earlier and Freedom is clearly less likely to put up a fight here. I feel like I would just be making things harder for myself if I were scum
because scum players don't need to take the path of no resistance here? you might have expected other people to be much more suspicious of the ""slip"" than they actually are, and a scum black probably wants to be keeping her options open in terms of potential pushes! there's not much reason for you to immediately decide oh it's still dann/freedom because i said that earlier

often in elo the scum are people i have been townreading, but i probably do need to like actually reread the game and try and think from a fresh perspective when i have time. zzz effort
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:07 am

hold on in a tracker and doctor setup there’s only a goon no rolecop

scum would’ve killed black since everyone including me townread them and since both me and aureal are town it would’ve been perfect
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:10 am

Post by meowmeow »

if ccs is scum with dannflor they might play it like this?

my instinct is that if dannflor is town and ccs is scum, he's probably more likely to take the townread rather than stare the gift horse in the mouth, i guess.

could it be freeblack? I mean off the top of my head there's not much reason why not

i don't really expect freedom to do anything regardless of alignment. iavh also did pretty much nothing. this is not great considering elo but of the two iavh posts are proooobably going to be more readable

pedit: i mean it seems possible scum also thought aureal was the tracker. dann or black could have had a similar thought process as i did with the ctrl+f button and the start of d2, and it only takes one of them

i guess if it's like specifically ccs/freedom it's not that likely?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:12 am

idk what you mean by ctrl f when i did it on aureal iso i just got "backtrack" and "tracker"
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:12 am

and the "tracker" was talking about that newd3 shit
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:14 am

Post by meowmeow »

i mean as soon as she got pushed she said "side-tracked"

maybe that's just me overthinking things but combined with the other thing it seemed pretty likely and i don't think it's impossible mafia had the same thought peocess?
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:16 am

Post by meowmeow »

i guess it depends how common of a word sidetrack is to use naturally

i hear it like basically never irl

searching the forums shows it's not, like, never used but is used very sparsely? i haven't gone to the effort of checking if any of those uses were tracker softs lol
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 1257, meowmeow wrote: dannflor was pretty widely townread when i replaced in and then i started deathtunneling him on d1 and then he decided to hard townread me for it

it would certainly be a ... creative, way to play scum. i think we would be much better off just like ... letting dannflor cook, because he's a good scum player, and in this scenario i would be eating up all his oxygen

even if we decided we needed to bus d1 in a setup where there's a 2/3 chance a tracker or jailkeeper exists, i think i would've asked dannflor to get into it with me a bit more because people instinctively townread actual fights

just in general i don't feel like the two of us being a scumteam makes much, if any, sense
I guess I can understand the bussing point but I don't see why it means you are blatantly not paired. I think you could have planned to play creatively in order to do exactly what you are both doing now which is saying your pairing makes no sense. My issue here and with most situations in Mafia is that I'm not sure the liklihood of this, and hearing you say it's pretty low doesn't help me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:23 am

Post by meowmeow »

i mean... you were the one who asked why i thought that? is there any possible answer to that which can't be countered with "ok but what if you just WANTED things to look that way"
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:26 am

Post by Black »

In post 1259, camelCasedSnivy wrote: hold on in a tracker and doctor setup there’s only a goon no rolecop

scum would’ve killed black since everyone including me townread them and since both me and aureal are town it would’ve been perfect
I like this thought but I don't think I was the clear choice for the NK there. If Dann is scum then he already suspected I was a VT in , , , and . I guess Dann doesn't necessarily have to be scum for scum to have picked up on this but I think it was weird how Dann kept stressing that I had claimed when I hadn't. It felt like he was continuously prodding that in order to get me to reveal more

In a Dann/meow solve, they would have to cast some doubt on me here which is exactly what meow did. But then why would Dann not go along with her? It doesn't make sense for him to be considering a town!Black world this much if he's paired with meow when they could both just push me here ftw. Meh
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Black »

In post 1266, meowmeow wrote: i mean... you were the one who asked why i thought that? is there any possible answer to that which can't be countered with "ok but what if you just WANTED things to look that way"
I was just saying that I thought hearing it in your own words would help me, but it didn't
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:27 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1250, Black wrote: Why have you been so confident in your meow read? I feel like Ausuka is probably a good enough scum player where you should probably have more doubts than you have displayed this game
if you think i'm a good scum player - i'm not sure i've ever played scum against you - why are you so convinced i scum slipped with literally zero pressure to do so?
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:28 am

Post by meowmeow »

i mean i agree with dann that you vt claimed by saying you were ok with dying tbh
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Black »

I think Freedom might fit with meow or Dann now that I'm thinking about it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:29 am

Post by Black »

In post 1269, meowmeow wrote:
In post 1250, Black wrote: Why have you been so confident in your meow read? I feel like Ausuka is probably a good enough scum player where you should probably have more doubts than you have displayed this game
if you think i'm a good scum player - i'm not sure i've ever played scum against you - why are you so convinced i scum slipped with literally zero pressure to do so?
I'm not convinced?
In post 1270, meowmeow wrote: i mean i agree with dann that you vt claimed by saying you were ok with dying tbh
I think it's crazy to assume a naturally emotional player is claiming VT there, but ok
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:30 am

Post by meowmeow »

i don't really see why he needs to press to reveal more when you did everything but put up a neon red sign saying "i claim vanilla town!!"
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:31 am

Post by meowmeow »

i think it's crazy to think a town power role would say they are ok to be hammered at e-1 but ok

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”