Wow... harsh

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you know that mafia is funner when you don't get lynched for small mistakes?

Yes. (reasons here)
55%
No. (reasons here)
45%

Total votes: 38

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Glork »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHASLKFHALSFKHAHASHAAHA

I smell another visit to CC in the near future. Cohorts, away!!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Glork »

IfYouRun wrote:
Cybele wrote:To be fair, I've never seen CC mafia as much more than casually playing. That's why I play there instead of here.
How can you non casually play mafia?

If you hardcore play mafia you need a girlfriend
i always play to win, and I do my very best to annihilate the opposing team. I still have a blast playing most of the time, but I definitely have a competitive streak in me, and it shows in my mafia play.

Consider it this way, IYR. I'm sure there are players on CC who only play one game at a time, on occasion, on classic maps, and couldn't care less if they win or lose. Yet I know for a fact that there are some extremely competitive CCers. The first group would be labeled as "casual" whereas the others would not. Yet both groups still play the game to have fun, do they not?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Glork »

some dude wrote:If you can't, then MS mafia people cannot lynch people over small things (like grammar, using the wrong name etc..)
lulz @ you trying to tell the world's largest and most prominent mafia site what they can or cannot do.

Honestly, if you're going to push the "My way or the highway" attitude on MafiaScum, I'd be glad to see you go.

/thread.
Last edited by Glork on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Glork »

Ani. Read your own post.

First you gave Scum an ultimatum: "Either you find a similar or more serious site or you don't get to lynch people for silly things.
Then you try to tell the entire site not to play in a manner which you don't find fun
Then threaten to leave.

But here's the dirty little secret, mon cher. I doubt anybody cares enough to do #1 (though I could actually think of at least one site off the top of my head). You're not going to get the entire site to bend to your whims in #2.

So alls Ah'm sayin' is, let's cut to the chase. The part where you walk out the door, tell your CC friends how mean and serious we are, and let all of us move on with our lives.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Glork »

FYI:
(5:34:41 PM) CaffieneDeity: My brain fizzled out when they tried connecting "grammar lynch" to "too serious." X_X
(5:34:57 PM) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Glork »

I'm not saying I find it fun.

But if somebody gets lynched for a goofy reason, you laugh it off and join another game. I honestly think that YOU'RE the one taking it too seriously.

A) You're citing a single example as the benchmark of MafiaScum's play.
B) Your interpretation of "too serious" is completely backwards, in my humble opinion.
C) You're not only flipping out over having been lynched for a dumb reason, but you neglected to mention that the SCUMS were the ones using flawed reasoning. Flay already pointed this out.
D) According to shaft.ed, the grammar wasn't even the main reason for your lynch. It was thrown out by two scumbags, and you got all bent out of shape over being quick-hammered by a THIRD scumbag, and you're claiming that the grammar was the BASIS of a mislynch, when none of the TOWNIES as far as I can tell used it as reasoning.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Glork »

Yos2 wrote:MS people generally don't lynch someone for "grammer" or getting names confused or whatever.
Yeah, we lynch based on spelling.

Vote: Yos2
for failing to spell "grammar" correctly.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Glork »

I do want to, Shea, but I have a meeting in seven minutes. Not enough time for a proper invasion. :(
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Glork »

Thestatusquo wrote:I don't think the problem here with speed relates to the seriousness of the game. I think the problem relates to three things.

First, a problem which has been described as "too many leaders, not enough sheep." Players are too focused on the ONE lynch that they think is the best, and are unwilling to follow someone elses cases to the point where games get bogged down into 3-4 players each pushing for separate cases, and none of them willing to compromise to get one player lynched.

Second, I think there's a serious problem with fear. People are too afraid to go out on a limb and hammer/lynch someone if they are not 100% certain that player is scum. Since you are not going to get perfect information ever, especially in the early game, this attitude leads to very timid town play, and very often scum players who should have been lynched are not. There is a very strong propensity on this site to be afraid of what Vollkan has described as "the mafia boogeyman" aka a speedlynch misslynch, which is something which I have never seen happen in my 30-50 odd games on this site.

Lastly, I think there is a severe over value put on "Information" on this site. Players are very very concerned about discussing to the point where discussing probably doesn't help the town anymore, and quite possibly hurts it. Discussion can be a good thing, but when it is given priority over a good lynch, there is a problem, and that is continually the case on this site. Players are wont to not be willing to lynch anyone until deadline, which is stupid. The prevailing logic is "We have this time to discuss, we might as well use it." At the point where a lynch has already demonstrated itself as probably the best that is going to happen that day, you should do it, and not sit around waiting for a deadline to force you to do it.

I don't know how to resolve these problems on an aggregate level, but I do know that I do my part to avoid them. You can too.
Shea wins all of MafiaScum.net.

I would also like to add that there are more adults who lead very busy lives, so the idea of posting every two to three days became much more acceptable over time, significantly adding to game length.

Also, more mods need to institute faster deadlines. I am a big fan of two- or three-week days, maximum. It makes people make decisions and play more quickly.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Glork »

Simenon wrote:
Glork wrote:BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHASLKFHALSFKHAHASHAAHA

I smell another visit to CC in the near future. Cohorts, away!!
totally /in
I'm really disappointed with the post I made there. In retrospect, I wish I had said "Cohorts, assemble!" because we haven't actually gone anywhere yet. Yet.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”