Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Kiro »

Ah, it's Twilight.

Hrm, so Ani claimed vig at L-1 and just stated he's indeed a Townie in Twilight. Animorph, the thing is that if you're a vig, make a damn better effort to defend yourself. If several people are asking you to post more or whatever, don't just brush it off. Not all of the people in game are scum out to deceive you. Your role was more unique and I would have thought a vig would be more interested in putting on a good face.

KMD hammering so quickly after the claim is a WIFOM. Sadly enough, we have over 30 pages of posts and still over a week to go. What's another day's worth of discussion given how long we've gone already once the vig claim came out? That's it from me for now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

animorpherv1 wrote:lulz. You lynched a town based on the fact I didn't post.
No I didn't. I never unvoted GnK.

Plum is likely town. Animo is town. Kiro might be scum. I think GnK is scum. I'm leaving my vote on GnK.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Animorpherv is dead, kmd:
the rules wrote:If you wish to vote, you must bold your vote as such: vote:mirth, or it will not be counted. Unvotes would be very much appreciated, but not necessary.
It would be good to read the rules before attempting a stunt like that.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

GnKoichi wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Interesting... I was playing WIFOM trying to think what certain roles might claim...

I'm thinking we lynch GnKoichi or Kiro (or plum), let animorpherv live for today but don't protect him tonight.

If animorpherv is vig, he gets off one shot tonight even if he gets killed (since he isn't protected).

If animorpherv lives he's probably scum (or mafia AND SK decided not to kill him).

Mafia and SK might target animorpherv, which would let all the other townies live (not a bad trade, IMO).

Even if mafia and SK don't target animorpherv, we have more docs on the remaining players since nobody's on ani. Which increases our survival rate.

If Ani lives until tomorrow we may be able to confirm him through his action and the choices of others. Then if we find out he really is a vig we can protect him from now on. This situation would be bad for scum, so they really should try to kill animorpherv tonight. And since they can't coordinate, hopefully they both kill ani and we don't have any other kills.

NOTE: we should be vigilant for any hints of coordination...
I found a hint of coordination.
Where...
GnKoichi wrote: I'm curious how far into game you are in terms of reading, only because you think of Kiro as scum. I can't think of any reasons except for one comment from a LONG time ago. There are plenty of better reasons to be suspicious of others. You also don't give any reasons for not lynching Ani, since you seem to be fine with him dying at night, and he's clearly the easiest lynch right now.
I've read like 8 pages. I joined yesterday, remember? Kiro made a horribly anti-town comment about the docs shouldn't protect anyone tonight.

The reason I thought it would be good to not lynch ani is because he claimed vig (which we don't want to kill if he's telling the truth)... my plan to not lynch him and not protect him is the best of both worlds.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Stef wrote:Ehm.. i would have at least expected some discussion before the hammer considering he claimed vig. Oh well.. we'll just have to wait and see.
Yeah, I didn't like the lack of discussion. I didn't like how GnK didn't comment on the claim, but asked KMD what he's waiting for and why he isn't voting Ani, and then KMD goes and hammers. Which is the more retarded since KMD says he thinks GnK is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote:Well, I was mainly hoping for that analysis post from Animo, and a claim. He's posted without any analysis since I asked for it. His claim is probably what a SK would claim. Mafia may or may not claim that. I don't think he is a vig. And, by dibs, I meant I wanted to do this:

Vote Animorph
What makes you think the vig claim is more likely an SK than a mafia?
Talk nerdy to me.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by charter »

Kmd4390 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:lulz. You lynched a town based on the fact I didn't post.
No I didn't. I never unvoted GnK.

Plum is likely town. Animo is town. Kiro might be scum. I think GnK is scum. I'm leaving my vote on GnK.
That's completely retarded, not in the spirit of the game, and never works anyway.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Kmd: Congratulations, you have officially joined Wall-E and Charter in the "what game are they even playing?" pile. Unvotes are not necessary, as stated in the rules. This even came up somewhere in the game (I think it might have even been you!) and Mirth clarified that
s
he did not need unvotes. You've crossed a line here. I support the outcome, but it has forever changed how you'll be perceived.

Elvis: Wow. I'm not liking your posts. You ask a question that is answered in the sentence after the one you quoted, which shows me you aren't reading carefully. You seem upset that I asked how far into the read you are, except you've been making a LOT of comments on the recent events. That seems like an odd thing to do if you're missing the 20 pages in between. That would be like reading the first chapter and last chapter of a book and then trying to write a report on it. You also make the same mistake Plum did in acting like I didn't comment on Ani's claim before he was hammered. This might be an acceptable thing to miss if Plum hadn't done it first, creating several posts where you could have seen my comments mentioned.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Mirth »

"I see you've volunteered Animorpherv for the vivisection. Very well, let me go set that up and try to retrieve his records from the staff roster."

VOTE COUNT

animorpherv - 7 - [Stef, orangepenguin, GnKoichi, Nameless, Plum, Wall-E, KMD]

GnKoichi - 1 - [charter]

Orangepenguin - 1 - [Kiro]

Not Voting - 3 - [Elvis_Knits, animorpherv, Tony Montana]

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Mirth »

After a long hard day in the ER of doing various doctorly things, the young staff persons decided that it was finally time to act out that one scene from Hannibal (Don't click this is you're squeamish or a minor!). Half of them wanted to know what brains tasted like after years of having to dig through them to find lost scalpels or the like, the other half were eager to put their newly acquired lobotomy licenses to use. Animorpherv, the quiet one, always studying Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, was voted into the role of sacrificial victim, and the rest of the staff fell upon him like a pack of 12 year old girls falling upon Hannah Montana concert tickets in a steel cage death match at the main event of some extreme fighting championship only allowable in Laos. Sadly, none of them were qualified neurosurgeons, and instead of carefully extracting only the unimportant parts of his brain, they chopped it to tiny pieces until it resembled the raw ingredients of a hot dog.

"Goddamnit, the lot of you just killed one of my best interns! Didn't y'all see the scalpel sticking out of his pocket! Now go clean up this mess and y'all better shape up for the night! Or I shall beat you with my cane!"

Animorpherv, Compulsive Vigilante, Lynched Day 1

It is now night.

Night Choices due Wednesday, Dec 10, 12:00 AM EST. If you night choice isn't in, I might have to make it for you.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Mirth »

During the night, when all the real doctors went home to their families and slept the peaceful sleep of those that know they are overpaid and under-worked, the various residents and interns and medical students continued slaving away into the wee hours of the morn. After all, junior personnel don't really need sleep, now do they?

Elvis was nodding off in her office, her instruments spread out, pondering the dilemma of creating a perfect facial reconstruction for an unfortunate college who just happened to be involved in a rather serious accident. Really, it was getting hard to make the man look like anything, let alone himself, what with all the injuries he kept sustaining. But Elvis was an enterprising intern and really had her heart set on becoming a plastic surgeon (in order to use her skills to lend credence to all those rumors. Sadly, Elvis wasn't the only one in her office. Someone else decided they didn't like her nightly activities and stabbed a knitting needle, or thirteen, through her left eye socket. Not satisfied, the killer than proceeded to cut off Elvis's ears and replace them with hockey pucks, remove Elvis's now scrambled brains through her nose ala the Egyptians (even managing to find one of those old-people-visiting cats to feed them to), and tattoo the entire text of Lord of the Rings, in Elvish, onto Elvis's body, which was dressed in an exact replica of MC Hammer's outfit from that one really annoying video (that I shall spare linking you all too, because I am humane). The killer was thoughtful enough, though, to drain Elvis's blood and remove her organs, and deposit those for donation. Except that left cornea.

Meanwhile, Stef was for some reason spending the night memorizing the lyrics to Phantom of the Opera. Why, we'll never know. Thankfully, someone was kind enough to put the rest of us out of our misery by putting Stef out of his. Apparently, Andrew Lloyd Weber scores are deadly when ingested. This did not come as a surprise to the examining corner, who quickly proceeded to listen to better music to avoid secondary contamination.

Elvis_knits, Doctor, Killed Night 1
Stef, Doctor, Killed Night 1

"They killed my knitting buddy! Y'all best be getting around to finding those maniacs! Or I'll make sure you all flunk out of med school!"

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by charter »

kmd, explain.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by Nameless »

charter wrote:kmd, explain.
Allow me to elaborate slightly:

Kmd, explain.
Vote: Kmd4390
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:41 am

Post by Plum »

Nameless wrote:
charter wrote:kmd, explain.
Allow me to elaborate slightly:

Kmd, explain.
Vote: Kmd4390
Allow me to second your elaboration: Explain, Kmd.
Vote: Kmd
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Quite honestly, I'm pissed that the vote counted. I never unvoted, so it shouldn't have been a hammer. I'll understand if I am lynched over it. I thought for sure I'd be vidged last night.

But anyway, based on reactions to the fake hammer that ended up counting, I think GnK and Kiro are scum.

Vote GnK

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a short day, but my opinions are clear, which is always my ultimate goal.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:19 am

Post by GnKoichi »

I made my position on the hammer very clear. I didn't think we could take Ani's vig claim seriously. It came far too late, and he only did it because Stef flat out told him that if he claimed, he would be spared. I'm angry at Ani for playing poorly enough to draw the ire of seven players when he could have done just a little bit more and stayed alive to help town.

Frankly, Kmd, I don't buy your excuse. I think your inability to read throughout this game is an act. You've used it too strategically. You never just make a mistake. You make a mistake that makes someone else look bad, or you make a mistake that would excuse your own scummy behavior. It's all getting to be a little much. So:

vote: kmd

I don't want to push for too short a day, because I think it's worth discussing the claiming of doc protection. Someone with more experience could probably lay out the pros and cons of this, and if it's just not a good idea, I'll drop it. But it seems like that could be a good source of information.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:27 am

Post by charter »

Kmd, that excuse is horrible. As was pointed out, this exact situation happened earlier.

I think massclaiming our protections is a good idea. There's only one pro town person that will be lying and I think it entirely possible to catch mafia slipping up in this.

I have no problem claiming first if there is more support for the claim.

Also, I think we should have the vig claim (maybe after everyone doc claims?). As today very well could be the last lynch we get.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:11 am

Post by charter »

Oh, and when giving your vote for claim protections or not, best to keep it a short yes or no, and not elaborate any. I'll tell why after a decision has been reached if you don't follow me.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I see no problems claiming night actions. If two people claim vig, we have a 50% chance of catching scum in it.
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Kiro »

Kmd4390 wrote: But anyway, based on reactions to the fake hammer that ended up counting, I think GnK and Kiro are scum.
I'd go along with you and actually consider you made an honest mistake... except you don't elaborate on your suspicions. You don't point out anything specific about our statements. What you said above is such a blanket statement. You look like you're just giving up. If you're Town, you should realize that there are now 5 Townies, 3 Scum, and 1 SK. This is no time for you to be just passively letting your lynch go if you're Town. Your initial reaction to the day fails.

Vote: Kmd

As for claiming today, the problem is how do you expect to catch who lied or not. If the Mafia and SK wait to claim at the end, they can just tailor their response to say they protected/vigged the same target as someone before them. I don't recall needing 2 Dcotor protects to ward off 2 separate Kills for example. Also, there's leeway to lie on vig targets because only 2 kills occurred meaning one kill was successfully blocked. As was mentioned in Day 1, claiming just changes the scum's targets from the Vig to the Doctors. We might be in a desperate enough situation to actually do the mass claim, but I think we could refine that plan a little better. Gonna think about it.
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Kiro »

EBWOP: Oh, that's L-1 by the way.

Let's leave that as a test to see if anyone is just going to stop discussion in its tracks with this lynch.
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Kiro »

Bleh, forgot Kmd could self hammer.

Unvote: Kmd
for safety.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:44 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't think Kmd is scummy for hammering. I am pretty sure scum is on the wagon somehow...or WAS.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Nameless »

@Kmd: Nobody is buying that, so explain why you felt the need to pretend not to hammer, and you're supposed to be explaining also why you felt the need to hammer Ani the moment he claimed vig rather than let most players even SEE the claim before twilight. And then elaborate on your apparent suspicions of GK and Kiro (you're opinion sure as hell are not clear on this, actually).

In other news, I disapprove of a massclaim.
Kiro wrote:I don't recall needing 2 Dcotor protects to ward off 2 separate Kills for example.
Doctor Role PM, as shown in #1 wrote:That player will be protected from a single kill effect that night.
:|
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Nameless »

EBWOP: Okay, the sceptical smiley is probably going overboard there. And OP,
elaborate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”