Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1749, skitter30 wrote: B/c i wasnt getting anywhere for a week and i was scumreading meuh too, voteparking a vanity wagon on day1 when it isnt really going anywhere seems silly

Like the meuh vote was for a grand total of six minutes, after i offered chicago to you
I wanted chicago more and switched back as soon as you did

Pedit i was scumreading her too
Like i'd been saying for i think literally days at that point that i wanted either

Pedit2 so who do you want to flip today
im waiting for chicago to get replaced at this point but if i had to vote now i'd probly vote him
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by T3 »

I thought that Pooky was being a bit evasive and not very genuine re: the argument with skitter but at this point I don't want to overcomplicate things
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:03 pm

In post 1750, skitter30 wrote: Pooky why are u treating thay like a vote in elo
I'm allowed to explore multiple scumreads
yea you are,

i just don't understand the mindset of getting someone onto the wagon that you wanted and then immediately turning on them it feels weird
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1720, skitter30 wrote:
In post 677, medeia wrote:
In post 670, sheepsaysmeep wrote: can someone summarize claims stuff for me

here is chicagotypewriter claim:
In post 550, ChicagoTypewriter wrote: Claim: Town PR, unspecified X-power type.

quoted because formatting potentially relevant due to its uncommonness

like chicagotypewriter has only played in newbie games previously thus likely not to have encountered x-shot roles at least not in game so yeah

like i don't think(?) anyone else in this game would be likely to refer to x-shot as x-power so i think that probably comes from paraphrasing
So when reading posts like these the thought crossed my mind that maybe it's ct/medeia?
Would explain why medeia isnt dead
Where the weird claims came from

And maybe i'm super pocketed?

----
Probably not super likely but this is a thought

if it was me/chicagotypewriter why wouldn't i be encouraging you and pooky to crossvote here in some way?

and why would we both claim to explain the same thing?
you do not know my language anymore

no one will learn my tongue
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:35 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1721, skitter30 wrote:
In post 733, medeia wrote:
In post 728, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think if anyone else had a mechanism of stopping the nightkill they should just hardclaim?

if no one does then chicago is 100% confirmed town which is nice

and if something gets outed then oh well the day before MELO is an ok day for massclaim anyways

i, kinda want to massclaim here anyway for related and un-related reasons i guess

like in theory chicagotypewriter could have not nightkilled to try to confirm self and such so not 100%

but also,

i am an odd-night checker and my action on random nurse last night was not successful which is the only maybe relevant result i am capable of (i think) and there's probably a reason my role is in the setup, so

or at the very least for random nurse to claim or if someone else has an explanation for the above and also if there's another reason for the missing nightkill? i guess
And like you tried to do the nk but failed so knew you could claim something where ur action failed

And that it would out the pr who did it ...

Hmmmmmmm

And i'm not dead b/c i'm horribly pocketed
And pooky's not dead b/c he's in a thing with me

Like i super townread medeia on play
But .... this kinda makes some ant of sense holistically

but how would i have known there was only one pr?

like even if you want to say i would have accepted all of the other risks involved for whatever reason, if we both claim and i encourage massclaim to out the prs and so forth, and then two other slots claim, then what? we just have to hard townread eachother and eliminate both real prs? it just locks us into a tiny little box for ??? gain

unless you're going to say i was informed of the exact setup or something, i don't really get it

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:43 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1725, skitter30 wrote: Logically i think i should be voting pooky
Gut says chicago

if i work backwards from scum!pooky in much the same way pooky was doing for you i can make things mostly make sense on a logical level, though moreso day two onwards day one still kinda hm, but today certainly timing of scumreading you still feels like possible evildoing lines up very well with potentially trying to win the game off t3's reads while also trying to make something i was questioning make sense and such, (though scum!pooky wouldn't have any great need to lean so heavily on the 'i don't want to misvote in elo' thing right? could just not and then do so himself if encouraging you failed), but working forwards much harder

and! even if assuming scum!pooky i think chicagotypewriter would be pooky's most likely partner, so

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:48 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1727, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1722, skitter30 wrote: But then ig we're missing town power
Idk lol
1 JK 6 VT 2 goons is like a standard setup
In post 1729, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: its actually the exact setup I lost to scum!shiki last time

viewtopic.php?p=13176597#p13176597

okay but i've played other jailkeeper setups (as have you i assume) like i don't think i would just assume it was this specific one even if i assumed jailkeeper

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:59 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 1733, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: and the because would have to be like "mafia thought that it would be too much power for medeia-ct-jk guy to all fit into the game and hence they decided to not kill medeia and even let her get a check off"

which is ?

well if they have a roleblocker they opted not to use it which i think makes sense because it'd be as likely to guilty themselves unless both scums are ascetic or skitter is a scums

if skitter is an ascetic scums could have been banking on me simply not checking her due to misreading her, if you're a scums you're not ascetic anyway so could have simply been unafraid of the check, or even hoping it'd be interpreted as clearing

maybe it makes the least sense for chicagotypewriter/t3 if one of them ascetic because they would have had to assume i would possibly check them? but could have been planning on 1v1 if redchecked in theory (though based on their behaviour today this would be pretty ??? as what would have been plan to win but! like if they're scums what is plan for winning anyway outside of just hoping we get it wrong which one of the things i'm struggling with in general but sometimes scums simply don't have one) and also they could have just thought it was best path to victory even if not a great path to victory

like honestly it mostly feels like the pieces still don't fit quite right like i don't know why the scums have made the nightkills they've made they don't make so much sense to me and the setup doesn't so much either but it is what it is

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

Well ct should be getting replaced

Medeia it was a paranoid thought that occures to me that i probably think isn't particularly likely
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:08 am

Post by medeia »

In post 1759, skitter30 wrote: Well ct should be getting replaced

Medeia it was a paranoid thought that occures to me that i probably think isn't particularly likely
idk if there is great benefit in waiting for this

i guess to me it is very likely a mafia replacement so mostly net negative unless you think replacement is going to give partner away or something which eh more likely to wifom

i was mostly waiting for you to finish review and such

i know you said that it just, idk like i know it to be not possible

like i don't think you're any less town for having it or anything like really i don't think scum!you would have come away from this hard scumreading me or anything anyway

i'm just like, ! well that doesn't make sense ya know

but i have information you don't i get it

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah idk
We can just flip it ig
Idk if maybe we'll get value out of the replacement but obviously no context on what ct was doing all game

So if we're leaning there maybe we should just do it
The slot is unreadable rn as is i don't think i have any way to get new information/come up with a better solve on the slot
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:02 am

I don't see the downside in waiting

worst case scenario someone replaces in says "hi im scum im not giving you shit and self votes" and at least then we have certainty
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:05 am

im willing to vote him off if thats what everyone else wants to do seeing as theres no replacement request in yet for him
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:17 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'd rather wait tbh
If he comea back and doesnt provide content i think i'm just ok with this
Show
Hiatus once more.

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:26 am

Post by medeia »

i just really don't want the two of you to end up crossvoting at this point i guess so it's mostly downside from my point of view yeah

like even if we're going to wait i might vote, shrug, will think about this when i get off work

like worst case scenario to me would be more like someone replaces in is 'towny' or whatever and convinces town!skitter to vote town!pooky or something and we lose

when it's like, even if chicagtypewriter were towny on play to me it still seems like correct solution

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:25 am

you think CT/T3 is the solve?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1765, medeia wrote: i just really don't want the two of you to end up crossvoting at this point i guess so it's mostly downside from my point of view yeah

like even if we're going to wait i might vote, shrug, will think about this when i get off work

like worst case scenario to me would be more like someone replaces in is 'towny' or whatever and convinces town!skitter to vote town!pooky or something and we lose

when it's like, even if chicagtypewriter were towny on play to me it still seems like correct solution
I don't know what ur trying to say here, what's the downside and what do you want to do
Show
Hiatus once more.

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:48 am

Post by medeia »

In post 1766, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: you think CT/T3 is the solve?

i think it's the most likely solve yeah

like still feels like it could be one-sided distancing to me and t3's vote of chicagotypewriter doesn't even really make sense like it comes after chicagotypewriter's claim has shifted the wagon to meuh without addressing that in anyway

and even if not chicagotypewriter most likely partner for both you and skitter as well

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:51 am

Post by medeia »

In post 1767, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1765, medeia wrote: i just really don't want the two of you to end up crossvoting at this point i guess so it's mostly downside from my point of view yeah

I don't know what ur trying to say here, what's the downside and what do you want to do

it's like, if you're a scums with chicagotypewriter (which is only scum!you world that makes any amount of sense to me), you're pretty unlikely to actually vote pooky as things are, right? because of stated reads of t3 and such

so you're only likely to carry through with voting pooky here if you're town, and if you're town and vote town!pooky (which seems somewhat likely to me as well), then we lose

so if i vote chicagotypewriter, it eliminates these possibilities right

and a replacement just seems like it's more likely to unsolve the game than to solve it to me right now

so i kinda want to vote

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:02 am

Post by medeia »

In post 1769, medeia wrote: it's like, if you're a scums with chicagotypewriter (which is only scum!you world that makes any amount of sense to me), you're pretty unlikely to actually vote pooky as things are, right? because of stated reads of t3 and such

like replacement could change the status quo with regards to this... but that's only negative to me unless it's apparent that you're partnered

In post 1769, medeia wrote: so you're only likely to carry through with voting pooky here if you're town, and if you're town and vote town!pooky (which seems somewhat likely to me as well), then we lose

and replacement being 'towny' or whatever upon replacing in could make this more likely to occur, but once again only negative

and it just seems like, no matter how i look at worlds, that chicagotypewriter is still very likely to be a scums

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:27 am

Post by medeia »

basically if you or pooky is a scums and i vote i feel like you currently have to bus chicagotypewriter or just tie yourself to sinking ship

but replacement potentially gives cover for changing that and i don't think it's super likely that replacement reveals their partner definitively

and if you're both town then best course of action is also to vote to prevent potential misvotes

and even if replacement comes in super towny because they were following along or whatever i don't really see how that would make them possibly town

the worlds still wouldn't make any sense

like pooky/t3 would have just killed me last night and tried to eliminate chicagotypewriter today i just don't see any way around that i guess

can build associatives or whatever like we both already did but i believe in that more than i believe in those by alot

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:34 am

Post by medeia »

In post 1771, medeia wrote: like pooky/t3 would have just killed me last night and tried to eliminate chicagotypewriter today i just don't see any way around that i guess

like it's different from all of us saying we wouldn't nightkill eachother for ~reasons - it'd be actively choosing a suboptimal path when a clear one was presented

like pooky/t3 kill me

only real defense for chicagotypewriter is 'i wouldn't have killed medeia, it outs me'

pooky then says, nonono, you had to because of the check, it outs you but if you partner gets redchecked then it's gg whereas this way only you are caught

tada game over

like am i missing something here?

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Invisibility »

Seeking replacement for ChicagoTypewriter.
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Invisibility »

VC 4.04 (UNCHANGED)

Not voting: skitter30, T3, PookyTheMagicalBear, medeia, ChicagoTypewriter

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate someone. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2023-08-19 22:29:47).
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Invisibility »