Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1348, Ranger wrote:
In post 1342, DragonEater70 wrote:Did Ranger ever fullclaim?
Not yet. Paraphrasing from a phone is painful. I'd prefer to wait until I have a computer and the time.

I’ll at least share the basic though.
I remove all passives and modifiers from my target. As I said: a
direct
counter to Cook's role, as well as a role which would bypass the limitations on Theta Alpine's role. All it’d take for Theta Alpine to treestump town is my removal of her modifier.

Thus my skepticism of both.

As I said, I’ll fullclaim when I’ve the ability to properly paraphrase.
DGB TELL GUYS
PARAPHRASING TAKES SECONDS GUY
FABRICATING TAKES AN ETERNITY
STALLING
T
A
L
L
I
N
G
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Alisae »

LOL
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:51 am

Post by Skygazer »

i mean i suppose you could but just throwing that out as an option
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

Not yet. Paraphrasing from a phone is painful. I'd prefer to wait until I have a computer and the time.

direct
counter to Cook's role, as well as a role which would bypass the limitations on Theta Alpine's role. All it’d take for Theta Alpine to treestump town is my removal of her modifier.

oh wow
a role i did not consider the possibility of

well that could make it very easy to figure out if i am true claiming or not tomorrow then
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Aureal »

Dragoneater, is there something in particular you're holding out for before claiming?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1330, DragonEater70 wrote: I think you can just ask mod how you would investigate to cop and they would tell you?
There is enormous gray area here. As xyzzy I would not answer the question "How would my role investigate to a cop after I have been flipped if I flip as scum" because doing so heavily implies that there is a way to investigate dead players which heavily implies that theta's role actually exists, and confirming a role like that is a BIG modding no no.

Theta should be able to ask "Would I be able to treestump a death miller?" or "Does my role check whether the flipped role of a player would investigate as town or the role they had when they died?" both of which should give an answer to whether presumably town DK can be stumped.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1347, Alisae wrote: idunno how to explain it but your posting agitates me. Rarely does it add anything new
I get what you're saying. Honestly I really struggle to play when I'm being townread, because then nobody is interacting with me and I sort of become a spectator. And also I don't feel any pressure this game to really read deeply into it and find scum, both because of the deadline thing and because of being too townread.
Blegh.
Can someone please vote me? Also, I'll try to motivate myself to take a more critical look at some of my townreads and see if I townbinned some scum.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1348, Ranger wrote: I remove all passives and modifiers from my target. As I said: a direct counter to Cook's role, as well as a role which would bypass the limitations on Theta Alpine's role. All it’d take for Theta Alpine to treestump town is my removal of her modifier.
Interesting. I don't think this is incompatible with TA's role, although they're probably not the same bucket.

If anything it conflicts more with mine. I'm not sure which of ours would take precedence: your removal of the modifier preventing my role change or my role preventing my role from being changed, and I'm intrigued by the fact that didn't occur to you.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1354, Aureal wrote: Dragoneater, is there something in particular you're holding out for before claiming?
No, not really.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1356, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1347, Alisae wrote: idunno how to explain it but your posting agitates me. Rarely does it add anything new
I get what you're saying. Honestly I really struggle to play when I'm being townread, because then nobody is interacting with me and I sort of become a spectator. And also I don't feel any pressure this game to really read deeply into it and find scum, both because of the deadline thing and because of being too townread.
Blegh.
Can someone please vote me? Also, I'll try to motivate myself to take a more critical look at some of my townreads and see if I townbinned some scum.
Assuming there's a reason for this but kinda rushed and not able to fully catch up:

VOTE: Dragoneater
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

true
i can probably ask that then

though if i get hit by ranger then i will lose desperate anyways so
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:12 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1357, Bingle wrote:
In post 1348, Ranger wrote: I remove all passives and modifiers from my target. As I said: a direct counter to Cook's role, as well as a role which would bypass the limitations on Theta Alpine's role. All it’d take for Theta Alpine to treestump town is my removal of her modifier.
Interesting. I don't think this is incompatible with TA's role, although they're probably not the same bucket.

If anything it conflicts more with mine. I'm not sure which of ours would take precedence: your removal of the modifier preventing my role change or my role preventing my role from being changed, and I'm intrigued by the fact that didn't occur to you.
golden rule of nar suggests that passives like yours would resolve before anything else
though you can always ask the mod
alter of rautherdir
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:13 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

direct

how do you think im in the same group though
master at being scum(my)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1336, DragonEater70 wrote: I'm always against mechanically-motivated wagons. Not only are they not very fun, they are often wrong.
I'm sorry that you're objectively wrong.

Koba claimed the equivalent of Vengeful Cop, except even more powerful. Assuming they're telling the truth and scum claimed even remotely close to an accurate role, flipping Koba is an almost guaranteed scum lim. That's a 1 for 1 trade, with very little room for scum to have weaseled out. If Koba is scum, it's a scum lim. Both of those are desirable for town.

It's not about "Koba is probably scum" because they aren't. It's about "Koba being eliminated probably forces a scum lim on a random scum player D2, when we have enough time for interactions and not enough time for the role to be used for great acts of malice." That is 100% worth a mislim today.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:16 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

wait i thought koba was a death miller
master at being scum(my)
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1364, camelCasedSnivy wrote: wait i thought koba was a death miller
yes exactly

they flip as a scum role that is still alive
alter of rautherdir
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1361, Theta Alpine wrote: golden rule of nar suggests that passives like yours would resolve before anything else
1: Theme game, NAR isn't a given.
2: Theme game, hidden interactions are possible.
3: I literally can't ask, because of the same reason Koba can't ask about your role. xyzzy being able to answer the question implies Ranger is true claiming, so outside of bad modding the only answer I'd get is "I can't answer that question." I could specify a role that works how I think Ranger's role should work and ask about that, but it would be a wording thing based on both the wording of my role and Ranger's role and thus would work how I worded it to work.

I think mine would take precedence, looking at my PM, but cannot be sure. Regardless, it doesn't sound like there's an inventor so vanillaizing my inability to be changed seems like a waste of resources anyway, it's just interesting that the two roles would both exist because they both seem like very odd roles to have been included. My biggest takeaway is that Ranger and I are probably not the same pool.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

they should have claimed after everyone else with that in mind but

too late for that
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1366, Bingle wrote:
In post 1361, Theta Alpine wrote: golden rule of nar suggests that passives like yours would resolve before anything else
1: Theme game, NAR isn't a given.
2: Theme game, hidden interactions are possible.
3: I literally can't ask, because of the same reason Koba can't ask about your role. xyzzy being able to answer the question implies Ranger is true claiming, so outside of bad modding the only answer I'd get is "I can't answer that question." I could specify a role that works how I think Ranger's role should work and ask about that, but it would be a wording thing based on both the wording of my role and Ranger's role and thus would work how I worded it to work.

I think mine would take precedence, looking at my PM, but cannot be sure. Regardless, it doesn't sound like there's an inventor so vanillaizing my inability to be changed seems like a waste of resources anyway, it's just interesting that the two roles would both exist because they both seem like very odd roles to have been included. My biggest takeaway is that Ranger and I are probably not the same pool.
rangers role is partial vanillaization so you can probably just ask if you can be vanillaized to find out
alter of rautherdir
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Bingle »

Koba claimed a role similar to a death miller. Theta can ask about interactions with the role death miller to get a decent approximation of interactions with Koba. All assuming that roles were claimed accurately.

Koba, why did your role make you think "Pool of neg utility roles" when your role is actually just very powerful investigation?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1368, Theta Alpine wrote: rangers role is partial vanillaization so you can probably just ask if you can be vanillaized to find out
I can't be vanilla-ized. Already asked and answered. I'd assume that applies to Ranger's thing as well, but I'm not 100% certain nor can I be. And it's also kind of a moot point.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:26 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1369, Bingle wrote:
Koba claimed a role similar to a death miller. Theta can ask about interactions with the role death miller to get a decent approximation of interactions with Koba. All assuming that roles were claimed accurately.

Koba, why did your role make you think "Pool of neg utility roles" when your role is actually just very powerful investigation?
Because if I die there's no guarantee im.town until the mafia role holder dies
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i have asked the mod about desperate interactions with death miller

koba would have to be the lim today though if i get desperate purged tonight if we really want me to be able to use desperate to prove if koba is town or scum after death

not that i really think koba is scum though so not sure we need to
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i have not gotten an answer back though i should say so if death miller does change how desperate works then uh

well i would be able to bring koba back as a treestump then i guess
alter of rautherdir
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:48 am

Post by Aureal »

I don't understand how Koba flipping as a random scum role is an investigative unless the person with the role trueclaimed it. We aren't even going to know if the role is really his or not unless someone else flips as the same role are we?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”