Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 948, Aureal wrote: I'm finding it really sus how a bunch of people are just refusing to talk about the color of their PM on principle like this. This talk been happening since like page two, people! Neither the mod nor our SITE ADMINISTRATOR have said a peep to indicate any issue with describing a color that the mod may or may not have used. Describing the color of a PM is common talk, do you want me to go link someone using 'red PM' as slang for Mafia or something?!
The issue is that a large section of the site sees using formatting failures on the mod's part to break a game as inherently oog, and as such against the spirit of the game. Using red pm as slang for 'mafia pm' isn't the same as angleshooting pm formatting, like say "what part of speech is the third word in your role PM?" in a theme game might be, and the latter is very angleshooty. I don't particularly have an issue with it, but there are a lot of people who do.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 950, Aureal wrote: I haven't even expressed a read of you. I've pointed out a potential scum slip. That's not a read of your play.
:thorface: A read is an alignment likelihood. If you think Ali scumslipped, e is more likely to be scum and that's a scumread. Your post here is pedantic in like the least helpful of ways, sidestepping around anything useful.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Cook »

my cursory glance says theta and de70 are the holdouts on a massclaim

pedit: bingle what are your thoughts on a massclaim
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Cook »

In post 450, Bingle wrote:
In post 309, Ranger wrote: Meanwhile, I wanted to say I legitimately believe at this point a truthful massclaim would likely break the game in favor of the town.
I firmly believe that a truthfull massclaim would be a crapshoot and would actually just exacerbate whatever the mechanical advantage already is, which I don't think is necessarily an advantage in town's favor. I'm also not opposed to massclaim.
last i heard from you was this

has that changed?

Inventor of 3d20 //
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

how many times do i have to say this
i am not opposed to a mass claim
i proposed something to do first that might improve the process but i realize i might be wrong on that actually improving things
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Cook »

okay okay okay fine

i'll just wait for massclaim then

Inventor of 3d20 //
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Cook »

i have a feeling massclaim will sort out the wheat from the chaff

Inventor of 3d20 //
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 923, DragonEater70 wrote: It's a safe take which is not the same.
I mean, that read is both, actually. It's safe in that scumreading a weird player isn't usually unpopular and it's easy in that there's no real attempt to look at why AniX was doing the things they were doing. Weird -> Scum is an easy take that doesn't take any thought or analysis and is therefore incredibly easy for scum to make. More nuanced reads like "AniX is moonlogicking that the role they have is indicative of every role in the game and thus probably doesn't come from a place of extra information" is less likely to occur to scum because they're straight up not trying to figure out people's alignments or perspectives.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:26 am

Post by Cook »

In post 1057, Bingle wrote:
In post 923, DragonEater70 wrote: It's a safe take which is not the same.
I mean, that read is both, actually. It's safe in that scumreading a weird player isn't usually unpopular and it's easy in that there's no real attempt to look at why AniX was doing the things they were doing. Weird -> Scum is an easy take that doesn't take any thought or analysis and is therefore incredibly easy for scum to make. More nuanced reads like "AniX is moonlogicking that the role they have is indicative of every role in the game and thus probably doesn't come from a place of extra information" is less likely to occur to scum because they're straight up not trying to figure out people's alignments or perspectives.
now the question comes is that your read on anix

Inventor of 3d20 //
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:27 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

this is probably a really stupid question but do we know how many scum there are
master at being scum(my)
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

four
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1052, Cook wrote: pedit: bingle what are your thoughts on a massclaim
Already mentioned:

Massclaim is unlikely to give us a complete break like it would in a poorly designed setup.
Massclaim is likely to widen whatever balance disparity already exists in the game. Whether that favors town or scum is a straight tossup, but I think at least SS and TBone will at least have given nominal consideration to how it'll effect the game.
Massclaim will vastly improve my own contributions to the game.

On a whole, I don't care one way or the other but I'm happy to start the process because I'm a glorified BP and losing access to that isn't really a big deal.

I'm an unchangeable townie. I can't be recruited, given powers, or have my role changed through any means. I can choose to be immune to all night kills or all actions other than night kills at night. I'm going to be choosing BP because why the fuck would I not?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:31 am

i wanna hear DE70s thoughts before my claim
master at being scum(my)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1051, Bingle wrote:
In post 950, Aureal wrote: I haven't even expressed a read of you. I've pointed out a potential scum slip. That's not a read of your play.
:thorface: A read is an alignment likelihood. If you think Ali scumslipped, e is more likely to be scum and that's a scumread. Your post here is pedantic in like the least helpful of ways, sidestepping around anything useful.
It's a direct response to Alisae discrediting my ability to read her play. Seeing a scumslip is not a read on her play. Whereas saying that Alisae responding by discrediting my ability to read her makes her more likely scum is a read on her play.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1026, xyzzy wrote:
hello! I have been reminded of the existence of this rule by a list mod and asked to tell you all not to discuss specifics of role PM formatting any further.
Oh, whoops. I thought this was one of those cases where xyzzy had specifically asked for exemption from game specific rules, like I do when I want angleshooting friendly games. I'm gonna go ahead and blame my breaking of this rule on Alisae. Clearly eir fault, bad Ali.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Aureal »

I'm fine with mass claiming. Why the heck not. It'll be less funny, but it ought to let us organize the best way to use my role.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1063, Aureal wrote: It's a direct response to Alisae discrediting my ability to read her play. Seeing a scumslip is not a read on her play. Whereas saying that Alisae responding by discrediting my ability to read her makes her more likely scum is a read on her play.
Yeah, I can see that in context. I just hipfire reacted to the kind of pedantic ass "Well akshually you're wrong about me reading you as scum" thing as a scum trying to weasel out of being held responsible for their reads thing.

In this case it does make sense as pushing back against being called out as an unreliable witness, although I will say you could have framed it more as a "The reason speaks for itself" kind of thing and been more effective. I also don't think your formatting thing was likely to bear fruit, but I definitely believe that you thought it might which is +town enough that I don't want you on the chopping block for at least a couple days.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i might as well claim then to be honest
i lose a potential bit of fun but ah well

i am a desperate treevivor doomer
basically once every day/night cycle within 24 hours of someone dying i can bring them back as a treestump that can post in the main thread and any pts they had access to until someone is limmed
except
i am desperate so it only works on people who would cop as an opposing alignment to me
meaning its utility is next to useless except for if we have a miller investigative or a janitor vig or some way to turn me into a miller
or if we suspect a death framer
alter of rautherdir
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1061, Bingle wrote: I can choose to be immune to all night kills or all actions other than night kills at night. I'm going to be choosing BP because why the fuck would I not?
Based on my PM's wording I may be strongman immune like a commuter, but that would also depend on the wording of the strongman and mod interpretation, so it's unreliable and I wouldn't expect a straight answer from xyzzy either way, btw.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 957, Ranger wrote:
In post 165, Bingle wrote:Would you like to be my mason?
I'll never say no to being conftown, faked or otherwise. I'm somewhat concerned you may have me confused for someone else, yet I've certainly no reason to decline free conftown status.
To be clear, I'm not offering because of your relationship to mastina, I'm aware you're different. I haven't played with you before, but I have been a fly on the wall for some of your games and I think that you have a similar enough style and presence to ETL to be able to apply my old skills with her to reading you, and that post was specifically a reach out to show I'm interested in working with you this game. Do you think I'm more or less right about that comparison?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:07 am

ok yall fine with me claiming if we already started

i already softed anyway
master at being scum(my)
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:15 am

Post by AniX »

Catching up in bursts after my brother's wedding:
In post 851, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 414, AniX wrote: Me: "I am deciding things based on what I believe people's roles are"
You: "But why haven't you considered DragonEater's vibes?"
Me: "I do not believe that is a valuable criteria at this point and in this game."
You, later: "Really weird AniX hasn't explained why the vibes randomly changed for me and why he was not curious about other vibe-based criteria"
So you scumread people based on their hypithetical role? And you think that scum is likelier to have Koba's hypothetical post restriction that town?
Rolereading is no more hypothetical than scumreading. It is an educated guess based on things that have occurred in the game which is ultimately speculation. I think Koba's post restriction is more likely than not scum, yes, especially given how they've played it thus far.
In post 855, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 510, AniX wrote: Ranger: Possibly forced to claim Miller either legitimately or illegitimately to active some power
Skygazer: Some sort of ability (possibly their legitimate assertion of vote trading) related to a questionnaire perhaps.
Aureal: Something related to their MLM posting shtick. Possibly recruitment for neighborhood or cult (although there was no cult at base, I guess this could activate a cult under certain conditions)
DragonEater: Hurt Tag usage as power activator
Koba: Artifice of posting towards DragonEater and DragonEater alone

Maybe I'm WAY out of the modern meta, but if having a pretty decent to solid leads on at least 5 roles of other players in a complex game with brand new roles is "barely", I'd love to see your 6+.
In post 507, Bingle wrote:
In post 501, AniX wrote:
In post 495, Bingle wrote: Yes?

Like, their posting is performative as shit. But anyone who has ever talked to AniX could tell you that. For example: (Was gonna link a thread that I now think is in the SPeezy cause I can't find it easily on this account) that time when they posted like 400 paragraphs as a protest against popularity contests.

Saying AniX is scummy here is like the easiest stance you could possibly take.
It was only 315, first of all.
I can't read that link cause some administrators won't let alts have speezy access.
Alts have been allowed to have Speakeasy Access for over a year now (since June 21, 2022). ONE of your accounts just has to meet the requirements.
I'm sorry AniX but if you're town you gotta stop mech solving and start sorting people by their playstyle, OR at least have really compelling arguments behind your mech solving which atm you don't.
You are welcome to have this opinion on whether mechreading is valuable in this game, but I strongly disagree that random day one guessing based on what someone said in a weird tone or whatever is LESS compelling than mechreading right now. My mechreads are AT LEAST as compelling as any argument put forward for scumreading any individual in this game vs any other individual.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Cook »

welcome back anix

Inventor of 3d20 //
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1069, Bingle wrote:I think that you have a similar enough style and presence to ETL to be able to apply my old skills with her to reading you, and that post was specifically a reach out to show I'm interested in working with you this game. Do you think I'm more or less right about that comparison?
I actually don't know ETL. I vaguely recognize you're referring to EspeciallyTheLies. I know nothing of her, so I wouldn't know if it's apt or not.

Within my capacities (I can't iso, reread, or case people rn due to rl restrictions like helping my friend), I'll work with anyone willing to work with me, you included.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1073, Ranger wrote:
In post 1069, Bingle wrote:I think that you have a similar enough style and presence to ETL to be able to apply my old skills with her to reading you, and that post was specifically a reach out to show I'm interested in working with you this game. Do you think I'm more or less right about that comparison?
I actually don't know ETL. I vaguely recognize you're referring to EspeciallyTheLies. I know nothing of her, so I wouldn't know if it's apt or not.
Small correction, I technically did play with her twice. In the first, I was scum; in the second, she was and killed me N1. So, I've no true familiarity with her, because we never interacted much. I don't remember much from our Blitz days though, unless I actually view the game in question. Was a different us, largely.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”