Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1023, Cook wrote: theta discouraging massclaim is modifying my viewpoint of her

VOTE: Theta

let’s see something outta this slot
uh

i am simply advocating we take our time so that we can be a bit more careful about it
softs first has a few advantages like limiting scums ability to fake claim in response to other claims

and plus we do not have deadlines
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:22 am

Post by xyzzy »

hello! I have been reminded of the existence of this rule by a list mod and asked to tell you all not to discuss specifics of role PM formatting any further.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:24 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

told yall smh
master at being scum(my)
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

ooh

okay that rule has been expanded a bit since the last time i looked at it
the goal in claiming the formatting in this case was not to prove the veracity since there was an expectation in this game that formatting would be variable but still

yeah i will refrain from further discussion on that topic
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Cook »

first off. fuck internet. i lost my entire scumcase. i blame zor.

theta has not produced content outside of the context of her role, which she seems to be alluding a lot to despite by her admission it being unable to clear anyone or be generally positive utility
In post 208, Theta Alpine wrote: i should also mention that no
my role does not let me use an ability as a cop based on if people claim something happened to them or not
nor do i directly get information from using the ability either to use the ability as a cop

i have the desperate modifier though is what i will say
just on an ability where it just
is very much negative utility to be desperate
i can think of one use case where it is positive utility to be desperate with this ability and that use case is preserved if i get turned into a miller so
i mean other then being able to use the power on ranger but honestly being able to beneficially use this ability on more then one person would be nice
why do you care about being a miller. what sort of disloyal dayvig power do you get. i don’t know why we’re letting her get away with coasting like this.
In post 279, Theta Alpine wrote: there are no rules on any mechanic not existing except for any factions beyond town and mafia
post restrictions are thus possible
however if we assume each of the listmods went with a theme and only one of them did post restrictions
that is still only a max of four post restriction roles if all of them got picked which is not a massive amount

and then there is me with effectively vanilla town unless i get turned into a miller somehow
like really
even if i am somehow recruited by scum my ability continues to not really be useful for my wincon in that event
so i do think there are a few negative utility roles out there probably
again, here’s theta not offering anything. multiple people have softed negative utility. here you are making a loose claim because you saw an opportunity to get free cred by claiming neg utility role.
In post 282, Theta Alpine wrote: there is a role besides something giving me miller that would also make my ability very interesting and useful actually
but i will have to wait and see if that role exists
In post 290, Theta Alpine wrote: oh

i thought of a second role that would make my ability useful
hmm
theta, again, not producing content, commenting about her role. this does not advance gamestate. unless she’s got like something that’s gonna kill scum and she claims it i’m gonna push for a theta kill.
In post 337, Theta Alpine wrote: it is true that we are in a nonreviewed game

we can consider a massclaim day 1 as there is a potential for a gamebreaking strategy for town

my role would not be part of it but

i think i would advocate for a mass softclaim right now and if we feel like we might have the potential to break the game from that then we can continue into a full claim

i will state again that i do not believe my ability would contribute to a gamebreaking combination though
it is more of insurance at best assuming i could actually use it on town
ranger pocket much? “ooh look here’s someone posting like strong town lemme get behind her and hope nobody figures out” hmm.
In post 384, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 377, DkKoba wrote:
In post 375, Aureal wrote: Hey if we're considering mass claiming, how about mass claiming the color of our role PM? :mrgreen:
I do not think it's ethical to openly talk about mod communication.
directly quoting is a no-no

talking about formatting i think is fine especially in a game like this where it might actually be useful and should also be expected i think to be variable within a single alignment and thus not usable as a direct alignment check
but it does indicate something else
admittedly this is also probably the center of a towncase for theta but. that’s boring. i think theta knows about more role pms than her own and that’s where this is coming from. or on the townside it’s actually trying to be helpful. i think you know what my stance is.
In post 1019, Theta Alpine wrote: wait do i have distinct town and scum metas as theta
cause that would be news to me

on the one hand i do agree this seems like scum drew
then again anix and std doing their spat might have been keeping people from getting engaged
lukewarm take and a left field take respectively. the town does not generally seem to like drew. theta wants to do townie things to get townread. easy take.

i think std-anix is t/t. nothing has spoken to me otherwise. i think this is trying to point to a different pair to save scumbuddies tbh
In post 1022, Theta Alpine wrote: just bringing up a point

honestly i am fine being limmed given my role is not exactly useful without external factors coming into play

and even then its usefulness is somewhat limited i think
this is something i just straight up don’t like. it’s scummy to just give up and say “yeah whatever lim me it’s okay :pleading_face:”. i used to be a victim of this impression that i shouldn’t care about getting limmed if i’m “really” town. the opposite is true. if you are town,
do not lie down.
fight fight fight. scum sense your weakness and are pushing for your mislim. it’s a free kill for them and they get a turn to aim the cannon right afterwards.

so yeah. theta has contributed nothing and pretends to have content by referring to a role that she admits has low utility.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1026, xyzzy wrote:
hello! I have been reminded of the existence of this rule by a list mod and asked to tell you all not to discuss specifics of role PM formatting any further.
Thanks
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Cook »

oh yeah thanks xyzzy
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1029, Cook wrote: theta has not produced content outside of the context of her role, which she seems to be alluding a lot to despite by her admission it being unable to clear anyone or be generally positive utility
I mean in Weird Dreams Mafia I think she
(or should I say he since it was posted under Rauthe? I'll just say "het alt")
also did a lot of mech discussion without other content and was town. HOWEVER, in Conception the same alt did exactly the same thing here of talking about their role and about the usability of their role, as she is doing here (and they were scum).

This sounds like I'm just being indecisive here, which is true, but I do think if we see that this could easily be done by both town and scum Rauth then it could just as well be done by both town and scum Theta (she said herself she does not have distinct meta), which means the meta arguement should be entirely discarded.

What is my read of Theta without meta? Good question. I will need to ISO myself because Cook's commentary is distracting me from forming reads. So this was a wasted wallpost that didn't achieve anything. Oops.

However I still have a very big question for you, Mr. Pirate Cookie Chef.
In post 1029, Cook wrote: this is something i just straight up don’t like. it’s scummy to just give up and say “yeah whatever lim me it’s okay :pleading_face:”. i used to be a victim of this impression that i shouldn’t care about getting limmed if i’m “really” town. the opposite is true. if you are town, do not lie down.
fight fight fight. scum sense your weakness and are pushing for your mislim. it’s a free kill for them and they get a turn to aim the cannon right afterwards.
How do you reconciliate this with your townread on AniX, which has openly asked to be limmed multiple times?
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i have the desperate modifier
being miller changes me from only being able to use my ability on people who would cop as mafia to only being able to use my ability on people who would cop as town
given my role without desperate is beneficial this would change it from being near useless to somewhat useful

also i do have access to more then one role pm
everyone does
cause there is a sample town pm

my read on drew is that he is currently in his scum meta but i can see a potential reason for him to be in it as town

i think anix is town
not sure about std
alter of rautherdir
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Cook »

In post 1032, DragonEater70 wrote:
However I still have a very big question for you, Ms. Pirate Cookie Chef.
In post 1029, Cook wrote: this is something i just straight up don’t like. it’s scummy to just give up and say “yeah whatever lim me it’s okay :pleading_face:”. i used to be a victim of this impression that i shouldn’t care about getting limmed if i’m “really” town. the opposite is true. if you are town, do not lie down.
How do you reconciliate this with your townread on AniX, which has openly asked to be limmed multiple times?
i mean i don’t particularly
that part but that’s a different point.

anix is asking for mech reasons. theta is fine with it because her role just “doesn’t matter”. see the difference?
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Cook »

even a VT is a voice and a vote
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

my role is really only useful in a few niche situations
one of which is if i get turned into a miller somehow

i cannot even just use it on ranger repeatedly because i can only use this ability once per person barring a specific other role existing

i also am frankly not good at getting reads early game so
i am trying but am aware that i am most likely just not the worst lim
not the best either though

drew might be better

still i think we should all do soft claims before we start heading towards doing either a lim or a mass claim
alter of rautherdir
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1033, Theta Alpine wrote:my read on drew is that he is currently in his scum meta but i can see a potential reason for him to be in it as town

i think anix is town
not sure about std
You were in a scum PT very recently with me, you followed the game after you were NK'ed(that NK was crazy lol), please elaborate how you think I am in my scum meta......also what reason do you think I could be town.

And since you mentioned std, and they were in that game as well, they do seem a bit more aggressive here.....but trying to give them benefit of the doubt since Cephir did most of the heavy lifting in their hydra and starting to realize I don't know their game that well.

Anix, no fucking clue......I will let God sort that one out lol.

Pre Edit: You reminded me, soft claims seems to make it so much easier for scum to fake claim. I feel we either mass claim hard, or not at all.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Cook »

are you suggesting we modify our strategy
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1038, Cook wrote: are you suggesting we modify our strategy
No I just think soft claiming is a bad idea
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

huh

i would think the opposite since it somewhat locks scum into what they can claim

but i will let other people argue the merits of both and which route we should go down

to be fair anix is apparently just used to a different site meta so
what i am saying as town could perhaps be better stated as just null but i do not agree with other people scum reading them

you do not seem as active as normal for you in your town games
however i think there are reasons for that to be the case without you being scum
alter of rautherdir
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Cook »

to me?
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

They can vaguely claim, and give them time to figure how they want to make their claim seem towny.

So much easier than making them say their role, the less time they have to fake claim the better......if we are going the claiming route.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Cook »

your strat gets weaker the longer we wait
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

drew does not seem as active as he is in town games usually

and fair
we can probably just do a mass claim then maybe
alter of rautherdir
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1019, Theta Alpine wrote:on the one hand i do agree this seems like scum drew
In post 1021, Doctor Drew wrote:Lol, being a little survivalistic there Theta?
In post 1023, Cook wrote:theta discouraging massclaim is modifying my viewpoint of her
Nice try.

It'd work better if I hadn't been in a prior game with scum-Theta deliberately distancing with her scum partners.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1045, Ranger wrote:
In post 1019, Theta Alpine wrote:on the one hand i do agree this seems like scum drew
In post 1021, Doctor Drew wrote:Lol, being a little survivalistic there Theta?
In post 1023, Cook wrote:theta discouraging massclaim is modifying my viewpoint of her
Nice try.

It'd work better if I hadn't been in a prior game with scum-Theta deliberately distancing with her scum partners.
Let me be clear.

At every stage in the game, there will be those who say "Doctor Drew and Theta Alpine aren't scumbuddies", "Theta Alpine and Cook aren't scumbuddies", or "Cook and Doctor Drew aren't scumbuddies".

They'll point to the interactions happening on these two pages as evidence they're unaligned.

That's a mistake. It's a shame since in the future, players are likely to use the iso feature rather than viewing the content of the page. In the case they do, let me dissuade you from that erroneous belief. They can be, and likely are, scumbuddies.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i would not have my partners turn on me the very moment there was any doubt on my survival
please i am more subtle than that
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

are we doing a mass claim or not

i would like to know
alter of rautherdir
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:06 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

i want to hear from the people opposed to a massclaim