Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Alisae »

what if the game is just nurse jason anix bingle?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 414, AniX wrote: Me: "I am deciding things based on what I believe people's roles are"
You: "But why haven't you considered DragonEater's vibes?"
Me: "I do not believe that is a valuable criteria at this point and in this game."
You, later: "Really weird AniX hasn't explained why the vibes randomly changed for me and why he was not curious about other vibe-based criteria"
To clear up anyone reading: this is Politifact Verified False. What was asked was an entirely open ended question about their thought process, nothing specific was nitpicked. They were asked to elaborate on where the change came from, and now it's being framed as if I mentioned "vibes", and not simply asked

This has been a back and forth for a bit and i kinda have given up by this point trying to get an answer bc I have concluded the reason it hasn't come yet is because it won't because anix is mafia caught in an awkward situation of not wanting to elaborate a fake read progession.

Like it's been a cycle of lame excuses why anix can't look through and find more points that indicate dragoneater or I are scum, and frankly their initial reasons were classic scum reasonings(although not necessarily always scum, but scummy logic nevertheless)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:41 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 422, Alisae wrote: ya katy aureal dragon all def bleed town the longer game goes on
skygazer is a bit more tricky but they're not being voted d1 so I'm happy calling them town for now!
I think sky has a little bit of a town tell that can come through, if they are active enough.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:41 am

Post by AniX »

For the record, I still think a massclaim followed by a lim of me (or another user who wants to step forward and believes they have a role that covers good cross-section of elements present in other roles) is the way to go. It's a shot and chaser of seeing what role elements match between users, what role elements don't, and then confirming at least some of the rule elements that exist, and working down from there.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 423, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 407, DkKoba wrote:
In post 406, Alisae wrote: I think Cook spiritually vibes w/ me
if anix mafia we got a towncore of StD, you, me, cook, and dragoneater ez game

I think theta is pretty obviously town bc of that role madness town vibe where townies will sometimes talk about their role in a way that's just super natural and genuine. (The geneal lean is always that in a role madness game, townies with not OP roles will be open about their role, and mafia will be closed about their role unless they got some part that can be proven and can seem townie)
I read this quickly as you talking about yourself, not Theta.....was gonna say lol.
In post 408, Cook wrote: off the top of my head, here’s people i think have been making an impact and in what order

Koba
AniX
Alisae
Fenrir
DragonEater
Bingle
Ranger
Theta
CamelCasedSnivy
Ircher
KKFC

if i am missing your name you haven’t posted recently or i straight up forgot you existed
I see how it is....
In post 412, DkKoba wrote: I know solving mechs is cringe *but* I think the miller claims are town too inherently, like Ranger, bc of the mechanic of role submission implies that with this many coincidences, a single listmod submitted those roles and ergo since they can only submit 1 mafia role then you can't have 2 of the same theme generally.

Lilith, tbone and PP give me the vibe they'd do a themed set of roles. ss is totally the type to do more cheeky normalish roles and idk implosion he might have a freaky side :flushed:

I'm like certain the role I have is from Tbone based on its name fwiw and so are the other ones(we can potentially pool some roles via naming mechanics too)
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but what does it matter what list mid chose what?
The mechanics specifically state that each listmod sent 4 town, 1 mafia role. This is why a group of themed roles can be seen to have exactly 1 mafia at most if it's reasonable to believe it only came from 1 listmod.

(If they were allowed to communicate with eachother during the submission process this is void and tbh lame but if not it's super relevant)
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:43 am

Post by AniX »

In post 426, DkKoba wrote:
In post 414, AniX wrote: Me: "I am deciding things based on what I believe people's roles are"
Me: "I do not believe that is a valuable criteria at this point and in this game."
You, later: "Really weird AniX hasn't explained why the vibes randomly changed for me and why he was not curious about other vibe-based criteria"
To clear up anyone reading: this is Politifact Verified False. What was asked was an entirely open ended question about their thought process, nothing specific was nitpicked. They were asked to elaborate on where the change came from, and now it's being framed as if I mentioned "vibes", and not simply asked

This has been a back and forth for a bit and i kinda have given up by this point trying to get an answer bc I have concluded the reason it hasn't come yet is because it won't because anix is mafia caught in an awkward situation of not wanting to elaborate a fake read progession.

Like it's been a cycle of lame excuses why anix can't look through and find more points that indicate dragoneater or I are scum, and frankly their initial reasons were classic scum reasonings(although not necessarily always scum, but scummy logic nevertheless)
Keep up, we already did this bit and it ended with you getting mad I asked you if you had a second question you wanted answered.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:43 am

Post by Cook »

just quoting this it isn’t official
In post 336, xyzzy wrote:
votecount 1.03
a stick, a stone, it's the end of the road

2 players voting for Ranger (Doctor Drew, Alisae)
2 players voting for AniX (DkKoba, Save The Dragons)
2 players voting for DkKoba (camelCasedSnivy, AniX)
1 player voting for Skygazer (Cook)
1 player voting for Ircher (KatyKimFanClub)
1 player voting for Doctor Drew (Ranger)
1 player voting for Alisae (Aureal)
1 player voting for camelCaseSnivy (Ircher)
1 player voting for Aureal (Skygazer)
1 player voting for Save The Dragons (Bingle)

4 players not voting (Random Nurse, JasonWazza, Theta Alpine, DragonEater70)

with 17 votes, it takes 9 to eliminate.

mod notes: Random Nurse has noted an ongoing Thursday through Sunday V/LA.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:43 am

Post by Cook »

bringing it up for my reference
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 429, DkKoba wrote:
In post 407, DkKoba wrote:
In post 406, Alisae wrote: I think Cook spiritually vibes w/ me
if anix mafia we got a towncore of StD, you, me, cook, and dragoneater ez game

I think theta is pretty obviously town bc of that role madness town vibe where townies will sometimes talk about their role in a way that's just super natural and genuine. (The geneal lean is always that in a role madness game, townies with not OP roles will be open about their role, and mafia will be closed about their role unless they got some part that can be proven and can seem townie)
I read this quickly as you talking about yourself, not Theta.....was gonna say lol.
In post 408, Cook wrote: off the top of my head, here’s people i think have been making an impact and in what order

Koba
AniX
Alisae
Fenrir
DragonEater
Bingle
Ranger
Theta
CamelCasedSnivy
Ircher
KKFC

if i am missing your name you haven’t posted recently or i straight up forgot you existed
I see how it is....
In post 412, DkKoba wrote: I know solving mechs is cringe *but* I think the miller claims are town too inherently, like Ranger, bc of the mechanic of role submission implies that with this many coincidences, a single listmod submitted those roles and ergo since they can only submit 1 mafia role then you can't have 2 of the same theme generally.

Lilith, tbone and PP give me the vibe they'd do a themed set of roles. ss is totally the type to do more cheeky normalish roles and idk implosion he might have a freaky side :flushed:

I'm like certain the role I have is from Tbone based on its name fwiw and so are the other ones(we can potentially pool some roles via naming mechanics too)
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but what does it matter what list mid chose what?
The mechanics specifically state that each listmod sent 4 town, 1 mafia role. This is why a group of themed roles can be seen to have exactly 1 mafia at most if it's reasonable to believe it only came from 1 listmod.

(If they were allowed to communicate with eachother during the submission process this is void and tbh lame but if not it's super relevant)
Ah ok, I see where you are going with this then.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 285, DkKoba wrote: (Ironic that bingle is side pushing me bc that was my second scumread but now it's gonna look like I omgused that read :skull: )
I will say the reason is that I didn't get good vibes from bingle thumb twiddling mechs here more than anything after being on a TM team with him and all, wasn't going to say anything bc obviously that's plausibly still town, just something to consider in their holistic play as a minus.
Oooh, I like talking about Bingle.

What exactly is different about my play here and my play in TM? Why do you think it's scum indicative?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 430, AniX wrote:

Keep up, we already did this bit and it ended with you getting mad I asked you if you had a second question you wanted answered.
Listen I have given you the standards set to be potentially townread by me(granted thats not the only way but its the best known active way of getting there), if you want to sit down and be cross and not allow me to understand what you are thinking , I can't work with that.
Like the idea is to broaden your view, look at contextual evidence and not just the surface level and then present a conclusion.
I'm not like I used to be - I'm not shut down to reading you town. I see a small percent chance you might be. I don't know you. You might genuinely think this way due to the lack of mafia experience and I'm just placing your standards too high. But I can't figure that out without basic answers, or acknowledgements that things are proven not sufficient evidence.
Humility when proven wrong is a pro town trait.

Prove to us that you aren't pushing dragon and me in bad faith with fake looking reasoning.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Cook »

Koba
AniX
Alisae
Fenrir
DragonEater
Bingle
Ranger
Theta
CamelCasedSnivy
Ircher
KKFC

I see how it is....
you bring up a point

where IS everyone else
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 434, Bingle wrote:
In post 285, DkKoba wrote: (Ironic that bingle is side pushing me bc that was my second scumread but now it's gonna look like I omgused that read :skull: )
I will say the reason is that I didn't get good vibes from bingle thumb twiddling mechs here more than anything after being on a TM team with him and all, wasn't going to say anything bc obviously that's plausibly still town, just something to consider in their holistic play as a minus.

What exactly is different about my play here and my play in TM? Why do you think it's scum indicative?
Mostly think your approach to mechs matches more to how you interacted with pink ball and me in the chat, hard to explain how that carries over
Granted you are a very peculiar and unique player archetype so I have to acknowledge this could be just you being you. The defense of anix and attack towards me felt in the moment pretty scum motivated in an anix scum world(thus why anix flip first before I would pursue you, although I would believe a scum flip from you would implicate anix, but a town flip would say not much, while a town flip from anix would look better for you)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:54 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 286, AniX wrote: Yeah, but they being artificially nice about it.
I haven't been reading 'nice' into Koba's play. Condescending, sure, but that's not really AI for them. What I think is slightly scummy from them is the push on you, which reads incredibly surface level and doesn't sound to me like something Koba would push. To reference TM, this is like Fate in my game. You're both from a completely different era of mafia and in that game there was a significant amount of taking that into consideration that just feels absent here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:54 am

Post by Alisae »

AniX if you Columbo post some more, my desire to vote you will decrease.
pretty plz <3
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 438, Bingle wrote:
In post 286, AniX wrote: Yeah, but they being artificially nice about it.
I haven't been reading 'nice' into Koba's play. Condescending, sure, but that's not really AI for them. What I think is slightly scummy from them is the push on you, which reads incredibly surface level and doesn't sound to me like something Koba would push. To reference TM, this is like Fate in my game. You're both from a completely different era of mafia and in that game there was a significant amount of taking that into consideration that just feels absent here.
Well if my reasonings have been surface level, everyone else must be in the kiddie pool
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 437, DkKoba wrote:
In post 434, Bingle wrote:

Mostly think your approach to mechs matches more to how you interacted with pink ball and me in the chat, hard to explain how that carries over
Granted you are a very peculiar and unique player archetype so I have to acknowledge this could be just you being you. The defense of anix and attack towards me felt in the moment pretty scum motivated in an anix scum world(thus why anix flip first before I would pursue you, although I would believe a scum flip from you would implicate anix, but a town flip would say not much, while a town flip from anix would look better for you)
That's boring, I wanted something not boring.

I will say that my posting schedule since TM has shifted drastically (I've been averaging 50+ hours of physically demanding work for the last ~2 months) so you should probably expect my posting to come in shorter more condensed bursts. I will straight up acknowledge that I have mostly been ignoring AniX's mech talk for now, and it would not be wise to take my lack of rebuttal as agreement.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 440, DkKoba wrote: Well if my reasonings have been surface level, everyone else must be in the kiddie pool
See: Condescending but not nice. :P
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 439, Alisae wrote: AniX if you Columbo post some more, my desire to vote you will decrease.
pretty plz <3

Am I doing it right? Can I has cookie?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 436, Cook wrote:

Koba
AniX
Alisae
Fenrir
DragonEater
Bingle
Ranger
Theta
CamelCasedSnivy
Ircher
KKFC

I see how it is....
you bring up a point

where IS everyone else
Oh shit, nobody tell Cook about the whiskey pocket.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 435, DkKoba wrote:
In post 430, AniX wrote:

Listen I have given you the standards set to be potentially townread by me(granted thats not the only way but its the best known active way of getting there), if you want to sit down and be cross and not allow me to understand what you are thinking , I can't work with that.
Like the idea is to broaden your view, look at contextual evidence and not just the surface level and then present a conclusion.
I'm not like I used to be - I'm not shut down to reading you town. I see a small percent chance you might be. I don't know you. You might genuinely think this way due to the lack of mafia experience and I'm just placing your standards too high. But I can't figure that out without basic answers, or acknowledgements that things are proven not sufficient evidence.
Humility when proven wrong is a pro town trait.

Prove to us that you aren't pushing dragon and me in bad faith with fake looking reasoning.
Again, you are asking me for evidence on a criteria that I openly state I did not use. I understand your question perfectly. But I cannot give you what doesn't exist. As I have told you, I did not use "contextual evidence" in the formation of my read, because I do not believe this early in the game and specifically in this game that is valuable. I did use evidence based on what I am interpreting yours and his roles to be and how those might fit into a town/mafia framework and how your usage of those roles might fit into a town mafia framework. So when you ask me to show you contextual evidence or you'll read me as scum, what do you want me to say to that? Do you want me to make up some evidence just so your disagreement of my criteria for what I am basing reads on doesn't turn into suspicion?

You may not like me using role speculation and role speculation only as my current read system, you may not feel like it is good play, you might even feel it is very bad play, but that is very different from me not answering your question or "being cross and not allowing you to understand".
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by AniX »

Like it really feels like you are equating "using a basis for reads I don't use" for "bad faith" even though I have been almost aggressively open about that being my sole focus right now.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Skygazer »

damn you phillip morris
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

std might be right about anixs posts being better than i thought but I'm too lazy to analyze rn

ircher better unvote me or I'm gonna do a 360 no scope and hit him with a fucking loaf of bread
master at being scum(my)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 444, Bingle wrote:
In post 436, Cook wrote:

Koba
AniX
Alisae
Fenrir
DragonEater
Bingle
Ranger
Theta
CamelCasedSnivy
Ircher
KKFC

I see how it is....
you bring up a point

where IS everyone else
Oh shit, nobody tell Cook about the whiskey pocket.
Are we riding again? Anyone you want to recruit?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”