Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Re: Massclaiming

I fear my role loses a lot of it's utility in a massclaim, but the greater could that Ranger layed out does make sense.

And yes, every role loses utility when it all out in the open, but mine is a bit different, all I will say for now.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:19 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

actually now that i think about it massclaiming ruins the only fun my role gives
master at being scum(my)
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:22 am

Post by AniX »

In post 332, DkKoba wrote:
In post 323, AniX wrote: Oh, I was going to make a post detailing all the instances where Koba "gave advice" in a stilted post restricty way but I ended binning the post and my vote change with it. I'll still make the post when I have a moment (hopefully later tonight because I'll be gone from midday tomorrow until midday saturday), but let me get the vote change out of the way first.

Unvote DragonEater70
Vote DkKoba
I have the 'tism and am intentionally putting in an effort to not sound rude/condescending while still trying to get my point across. There's your explanation for "stiltedness".
I will inform you that many a scum player has seen my playstyle, thought it would be an easy slam dunk miselimination, then had it bite them in the ass

For you to get defensive and attempt to deflect onto me instead of explaining yourself in response, is a horrible look. I'm trying to get answers out of you. You still have not given them and then have the audacity to then go as far as to pretend like my speaking style is "scummy".
I've seen your playstyle by reading games you were involved in before. It's not that. I'm not talking about your speaking style, I'm talking about how your responses to certain people and ONLY certain people involve you ending what you are saying with a diatribe where you go "here are so pro-tips on how you can play mafia better". It's not HOW you are saying things (which are no more or less organic than how I talk), it is what you are saying, your "Here is another pro-tip how basic mafia game-playing" doesn't come across as an organic thing you organically determined to include as part of an argument.

Answers about WHAT exactly? You asked me one question and it was a vague "If you think DragonEater is scummy, as you claim...how do you explain why I got good vibes from his posts?" to which I responded with "I don't think anything he posted is something town is more or less likely to post than scum, so why would I account for it?"
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Anix isn't townie and I don't know why people are coming out of the woodwork to say he is
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:24 am

*they are
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Cook »

std anix distancing?
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:27 am

Post by AniX »

In post 222, DkKoba wrote:
In post 220, AniX wrote:
In post 215, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 213, AniX wrote: I know, like I said, you are now at the bottom.
/serious
Care to explain why?
This is a game where it is quite clear there are roles that are triggered or controlled by how people post during the day. MULTIPLE users said or implied this was true of their role. Someone literally using the hurt tag and then giving an unconvincing "This is actually a joke, pay no attention to my specific use of this tag I was just shitposting" makes it look like you are trying to use the hurt tag to trigger an ability and then try to obscure you used it for that purpose. And if that is the case, one really must wonder what town role was written to feature the Hurt tag so prominently.

Vote DragonEater70
can you point to any other part of their play that implies they are scum bc frankly that's easily overlookable when compared to their very clearly pure posting
In post 239, DkKoba wrote: Like I think dragoneater has shown a pretty eager willingness to solve and curiosity in their play that is towny in nature - there are points of light naivety that make me feel that they are definitely not informed and their explanations feel natural and at ease, minus the frustration of what is undoubtedly an untrue accusation against their slot.

Im on mobile but I struggle to see how dragoneater is anything but independent. Call it TMI if you want, but even in scum me world that still implies they are town.
In post 251, DkKoba wrote: Anix, I'd appreciate you address the point I made about expanding on your read on Dragoneater, as if you believe it's a slam dunk thing that they are scummy for the role thing, then it should go without question you can look at the rest of their play and see how that looks from a scum pov, or if it doesn't match up. Deflecting doesn't work on me, I'm stubborn ;P
In post 259, AniX wrote:
In post 251, DkKoba wrote: Anix, I'd appreciate you address the point I made about expanding on your read on Dragoneater, as if you believe it's a slam dunk thing that they are scummy for the role thing, then it should go without question you can look at the rest of their play and see how that looks from a scum pov, or if it doesn't match up. Deflecting doesn't work on me, I'm stubborn ;P
I disagree very strongly with the philosophy that posts on day 1 that are basically all shades of "here are my first impressions" are of any value whatsoever in guaranteeing someone is town or not. The rest of their play is mostly empty calorie filler that has no alignment content. I could absolutely see scum posting all the things he has posted, especially if he has some sort of goofy ability (like we all seem to) that need a bit of time to figure out how to try to weave it in without people noticing.
Like you asked the top question, reiterated it twice, I then, realizing you actually want me to account for your unsourced vibes, answered it, and now you are still claiming to want to get answers I refuse to give...where's the new question? Is it V/LA? Is it going to arrive by pony express?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:30 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 351, camelCasedSnivy wrote: actually now that i think about it massclaiming ruins the only fun my role gives
Lol, kinda the same with me as well, selfish I know.

But if things fall a certain way I can really be the hero we deserve*

*hero play not guaranteed

Pre Edit: I dunno std, this response here from Anix seems pretty earnest and genuine.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:30 am

In post 355, Cook wrote: std anix distancing?
Now you're just saying things
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:31 am

Anix is blathering away about nothing in every post
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 359, Save The Dragons wrote: Anix is blathering away about nothing in every post
I have only been skimming throughout this day(actual day, not gameday), but what do you mean?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:34 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 359, Save The Dragons wrote: Anix is blathering away about nothing in every post
i don't know about you but seems like they're trying to scumcase koba rn

idk who said to stop the anix v koba thing but that's probably a good idea too

UNVOTE:
master at being scum(my)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 355, Cook wrote: std anix distancing?
so true
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 361, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
i don't know about you but seems like they're trying to scumcase koba rn

idk who said to stop the anix v koba thing but that's probably a good idea too

UNVOTE:
can you summarize the scumcase
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

anyways I'll reveal some of my role: i flip as a random role within the setup.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

And when the person with that role flips, my real flip is revealed
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:48 am

Post by AniX »

Very unusual, bordering on strange, bordering on bizarre that you directly claimed, less than an hour and a half ago, that the purpose of your posting was to get answers I was refusing to give...but can't seem to find a question to ask me when pressed.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:51 am

I basically think anix is using 10 words to provide 1 word of info intentionally puffing up their posts
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 366, AniX wrote: Very unusual, bordering on strange, bordering on bizarre that you directly claimed, less than an hour and a half ago, that the purpose of your posting was to get answers I was refusing to give...but can't seem to find a question to ask me when pressed.
me when I say things to say them
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 367, Save The Dragons wrote: I basically think anix is using 10 words to provide 1 word of info intentionally puffing up their posts
we r in sync
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:55 am

Post by AniX »

So just to clarify: When you wrote
In post 332, DkKoba wrote: I'm trying to get answers out of you. You still have not given them
You were mistaken? That was not actually your goal and I actually HAD answered all your questions? How miraculous this change of heart occurred so quickly.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

I mean like to me anix is doing that kind of blatant mafia thing of having 0 read depth and all their pushes are based on things that appear negative and antitown on the surface but are easily explained via any level of context.

Anix has yet to explain beyond dragon's role thing and my supposed "stilted tone" why we are scum. Like I'm kinda sure they froze up hard when called out for how they pushed dragoneater tbh

(Also just realized we have 2 Dragons and it's gonna be rough for me tbh tbh)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:58 am

In post 370, AniX wrote: So just to clarify: When you wrote
In post 332, DkKoba wrote: I'm trying to get answers out of you. You still have not given them
You were mistaken? That was not actually your goal and I actually HAD answered all your questions? How miraculous this change of heart occurred so quickly.
Are people really like "this is a real argument town makes" to this
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:22 am

Post by AniX »

Yeah, ok. That's what I thought, DkKoba. And another substantive well-sourced accusation, StD. I'm not sure if you are Mafia, but you are definitely acting antitown.

Moving on to what I think will ACTUALLY help the town, I'm tempted to go very Danixian about this and say we might want to consider limming me (revealing roles on death are still standard, right?). I originally wanted to get at least one of my one-shot abilities off but game proceedings took me away from my activation clauses (I think one is still potentially available but not yet activated). And I don't think my abilities are SO good they need to be preserved at all costs (and honestly their activation clauses are a bit tricky so I might never actually get them off) but I do think my role represents a good cross-section of speculated parts of the game board that limming me will prove exist and give support to those who were claiming or hinting they exist as part of their role too.

I think I'd only want us to do this if we get a mass claim or at least a partial mass claim going because that's when it's most effective: confirming the possibility of certain elements within the game state with users already committed to supporting or denying their knowledge and participate in that element of the game state, rather than me dying and AFTERWARDS mafia being able to go "oh what a coincidence, that element is part of MY role too". (Obviously, I reserve the right to be like "Hmmm, that claim is so very sus I think we should switch to XYZ" but don't read into that as me disagreeing this plan is still with merit and we can still kill me if my arguments don't really go anywhere)

It might be a very old school perspective (although honestly, I don't really recall THAT much mechtalk even then), but I think mechbreaking this game is how it is going to be won and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on that.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:22 am