Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:49 am

Post by Cook »

In post 272, Cook wrote: i don’t think the listmods have THAT much malice in their hearts to force annoying post restrictions on people
then again i am also

yknow

(my lawyer has advised me not to say anything further to not incur a post restriction)
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 267, AniX wrote: Not acting like a newbie, acting like EVERYONE ELSE is a newbie
Nah that's Koba.

It's like me acting like everyone else should learn how to use goddamn power roles.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Cook »

ooh i keep stealing pagetops
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:52 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

cook is pagetop vigilante ggez
master at being scum(my)
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

there are no rules on any mechanic not existing except for any factions beyond town and mafia
post restrictions are thus possible
however if we assume each of the listmods went with a theme and only one of them did post restrictions
that is still only a max of four post restriction roles if all of them got picked which is not a massive amount

and then there is me with effectively vanilla town unless i get turned into a miller somehow
like really
even if i am somehow recruited by scum my ability continues to not really be useful for my wincon in that event
so i do think there are a few negative utility roles out there probably
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 253, Bingle wrote: Ranger
AniX
Skygazer
Cook
JasonWazza
DragonEater70
JasonWazza
DkKoba
Save The Dragons

These are my reads so far. If your name isn't present it means you didn't leave an impression.

I am actually scumreading STD.

VOTE: STD
Wazza hasn't even posted mate
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 279, Theta Alpine wrote: there are no rules on any mechanic not existing except for any factions beyond town and mafia
post restrictions are thus possible
however if we assume each of the listmods went with a theme and only one of them did post restrictions
that is still only a max of four post restriction roles if all of them got picked which is not a massive amount

and then there is me with effectively vanilla town unless i get turned into a miller somehow
like really
even if i am somehow recruited by scum my ability continues to not really be useful for my wincon in that event
so i do think there are a few negative utility roles out there probably
Yup. I'm in the Miller-esque role category
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

there is a role besides something giving me miller that would also make my ability very interesting and useful actually
but i will have to wait and see if that role exists
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 253, Bingle wrote: These are my reads so far. If your name isn't present it means you didn't leave an impression.
In post 253, Bingle wrote: JasonWazza
DragonEater70
JasonWazza
Why am I between two JasonWazzas?
In post 253, Bingle wrote: I am actually scumreading STD.

VOTE: STD
That's legit, but please explain the scumread cause I can't see it.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:57 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 257, Bingle wrote:
In post 28, DkKoba wrote: the main takeaway from the coffee tell is the premise is that people use the fact that "they havent drinken coffee yet" to excuse poor posting as scum. ergo i was making a joke that you were making an excuse as to why your play may be weaker, ergo less accurate. Like, sorta like "sorry I made that bad post/bad push, i wasn't 100% at the time". hard to explain tbh its a whole vibe
@DragonEater: Coffee tell.
Oh okay thanks.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

(Ironic that bingle is side pushing me bc that was my second scumread but now it's gonna look like I omgused that read :skull: )
I will say the reason is that I didn't get good vibes from bingle thumb twiddling mechs here more than anything after being on a TM team with him and all, wasn't going to say anything bc obviously that's plausibly still town, just something to consider in their holistic play as a minus.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:01 am

Post by AniX »

In post 272, Cook wrote: i don’t think the listmods have THAT much malice in their hearts to force annoying post restrictions on people
I don't think it is FORCED. I think it is "If you post in this way, you get access to this ability." with the user free to choose to activate or not activate that as their needs require. I think DkKoba could stop at any time, I think they just want their ability. I think the same about Aureal and the informerial bit they are doing.
In post 273, Bingle wrote:
In post 262, camelCasedSnivy wrote: how is anix obvtown either
First, we ignore literally every mechpost, because mechposts have nothing to do with alignment, but rather mechanical intelligence, and mechanical intelligence is not AI. Second, we realize that AniX comes from a time when the Earth had yet to cool and the atmosphere was still mostly sulfur, and so their posting also needs to be viewed through that lens where post restrictions and mechsolves are common place and that's just how town is supposed to approach the game. Third, we ask ourselves "Does scum really fake a readslist with two players who haven't posted surrounding a player who has if they're tryharding". Fourth we realize that if we look tryhard up in the dictionary there's a picture of AniX staring at a picture of Taylor Swift.

Ani is crazy performative here, but that's more because it's Ani than any actually alignment indicative thing and Koba pushing the slot as surface level is actually skeevy as fuck.
This is the first game of its kind, to my knowledge, where multiple experts in Mafia were called to each create roles, independently of one another, and then a game was run around those roles but also I suspect were encouraged to be a bit cheeky about it. The mechanics don't go together, the mechanics are wacky, and we can exploit the cracks of both those attributes we'll be in a better place as a town. Especially on day 1, night 0 where few if anyone has any information beyond vibes.
In post 276, Bingle wrote:
In post 267, AniX wrote: Not acting like a newbie, acting like EVERYONE ELSE is a newbie
Nah that's Koba.

It's like me acting like everyone else should learn how to use goddamn power roles.
Yeah, but they being artificially nice about it.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

hmm maybe i should not have claimed

cause i am realizing that i would not have claimed what i did in a reviewed game cause i would have an assumption there were interactions with my role that made it
well
actually useful
but i can probably guess whoever submitted my role also made other roles that would interact with it so unless mine was the only one from them that made it in then uh

well anyways i did not claim that much so
i will now not elaborate further on what i am though until it becomes beneficial to do so

and i will make reads in a separate post in a bit
alter of rautherdir
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 273, Bingle wrote:
In post 262, camelCasedSnivy wrote: how is anix obvtown either
First, we ignore literally every mechpost, because mechposts have nothing to do with alignment, but rather mechanical intelligence, and mechanical intelligence is not AI. Second, we realize that AniX comes from a time when the Earth had yet to cool and the atmosphere was still mostly sulfur, and so their posting also needs to be viewed through that lens where post restrictions and mechsolves are common place and that's just how town is supposed to approach the game. Third, we ask ourselves "Does scum really fake a readslist with two players who haven't posted surrounding a player who has if they're tryharding". Fourth we realize that if we look tryhard up in the dictionary there's a picture of AniX staring at a picture of Taylor Swift.

Ani is crazy performative here, but that's more because it's Ani than any actually alignment indicative thing and Koba pushing the slot as surface level is actually skeevy as fuck.

This is true, post restrictions were more commonplace in 2005. There was some crazy ones in games I played back then (and faked ones) but I've only seen one in my games this year and it was optional to activate a night ability.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

though with someone claiming an interaction with inventor or such as well then maybe getting it out that i become a lot more powerful if i become a miller is a good thing
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

oh

i thought of a second role that would make my ability useful
hmm
alter of rautherdir
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:21 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 273, Bingle wrote: First, we ignore literally every mechpost, because mechposts have nothing to do with alignment, but rather mechanical intelligence, and mechanical intelligence is not AI. Second, we realize that AniX comes from a time when the Earth had yet to cool and the atmosphere was still mostly sulfur, and so their posting also needs to be viewed through that lens where post restrictions and mechsolves are common place and that's just how town is supposed to approach the game. Third, we ask ourselves "Does scum really fake a readslist with two players who haven't posted surrounding a player who has if they're tryharding". Fourth we realize that if we look tryhard up in the dictionary there's a picture of AniX staring at a picture of Taylor Swift.
Yeah, this is why I am not scumreading AniX even though I disagree with 80% of their reads and arguments.

Also I think Bingle is very townie for making this post.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 291, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 273, Bingle wrote: First, we ignore literally every mechpost, because mechposts have nothing to do with alignment, but rather mechanical intelligence, and mechanical intelligence is not AI. Second, we realize that AniX comes from a time when the Earth had yet to cool and the atmosphere was still mostly sulfur, and so their posting also needs to be viewed through that lens where post restrictions and mechsolves are common place and that's just how town is supposed to approach the game. Third, we ask ourselves "Does scum really fake a readslist with two players who haven't posted surrounding a player who has if they're tryharding". Fourth we realize that if we look tryhard up in the dictionary there's a picture of AniX staring at a picture of Taylor Swift.
Yeah, this is why I am not scumreading AniX even though I disagree with 80% of their reads and arguments.

Also I think Bingle is very townie for making this post.
What about the post is townie, and can you summarize what Anix has done this game?"
I do not think they have said much of value so I'm frankly confused as hell where people are getting this towny anix vibe unless they aren't really reading the posts ?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

Like I'm pretty sure the disagreement is likelier to come from the fact they just don't have the same POV as you as an uninformed townie and .. yeah.

Be more critical, don't give free pases for people spewing nonsense takes ty
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Skygazer »

vibes
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Skygazer »

tbh i resonate with what bingle said about anix as well

but vibes
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:31 am

Post by AniX »

See? Look at this. Every post of theirs is a "Sonic Sez" in this game.

Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:33 am

Post by DkKoba »

name 3 substantive thing anix has said
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 285, DkKoba wrote: but now it's gonna look like I omgused that read
The fact that you are worried about that is not +town. In fact, it's very very -town.

VOTE: Koba

Also I don't like that they don't even explain the SR on Bingle.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:39 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 285, DkKoba wrote: I will say the reason is that I didn't get good vibes from bingle thumb twiddling mechs here more than anything after being on a TM team with him and all, wasn't going to say anything bc obviously that's plausibly still town, just something to consider in their holistic play as a minus.
Oh nvm I suck at reading comprehension.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”