Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

The living awaken to find two missing this morning.

The first is Seraphim. He was consumed last night. Alas, he was
Blinkmoth Nexus, town-aligned Serum Giver

The other death is much more strange. They found the remnants of Gremwell, between two copper bread buns. He was, strangely enough,
Death-Mask Duplicant, Town-Aligned Metal Body Double
..? But then, how was he killed?
Vote Count 3.0 wrote:Vote Count
Not Voting(8): CF Riot, Illumina, TonyMontana, Porkens, geraintm, ortolan, Vi

Serum Count
Not Seruming(8): CF Riot, Illumina, TonyMontana, Porkens, geraintm, ortolan, Vi

Synth Count
Not Synthing(8): CF Riot, Illumina, TonyMontana, Porkens, geraintm, ortolan, Vi

To establish majority: 4
Deadline: Sunday, December 14th
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

ITT, Vi is spectacularly wrong. As usual.

The SSK flip was not at all expected on my part. Based on it, Porkens is now pushed way down on my Suspish-o-meter. I would also like to apologize for any unnecessary friction from yesterday (granted, that should have been forthcoming anyway).

And now for some other news. I was serumed last night by the now-defunct Blinkmoth Nexus, and to my surprise, it actually did something. Triskellion is now the multi-part artifact thingy that was advertised - my vote counts double for today.

-----

I still want to know what thoughts are about a massclaim. If Porkens has ortolan dubbed Town based on flavor AND hit SSK on flavor as well, I have to wonder what else is out there. Unfortunately, I don't think I can give you anything new on my end in that regard.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

Don't sweat the friction, Vi, I was unnecessarily hot under the collar that week anyway.

Let's see;

I have a pretty fair guess as to how Gremwell died...and I approve ;)

CF Riot, Illumina, TonyMontana, Porkens, geraintm, ortolan, and Vi.

Probably 2-3 scum left and maybe a 3rd party.

Like Vi said; seeing how the flavor has played out very straight-forward so far, I'd honestly be OK with a mass-claim today.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Oh, btw, TonyMontana is on V/La until Sunday.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

Digesting Seraphim, no doubt.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Nati
can you confirm/correct the info in the first post that says Ortolan has been serumed 0 times?

I was actually leaning towards town on Grem based on how he suggested redoing the random vote D1, which we now know was in the hands of scum at the time. However he wasn't a bad choice.

I'm calling a Geraintm and Tony Montana scum team right now. Illumina got town points from me in post 404, for the same reason I thought Grem was town. Geraintm on the other hand takes the opposite stance in post 410. I'd like to hope my serum vote on Spyre (town) D1 when it was securely in SSK's hands gets me some town points of my own. Just sayin'.

The way SSK handled quoting his PM makes me think a mass-claim is probably a good idea. One thing to note is that now that our serum well is dead our chance of a PR living through the night is severely lowered. I think this makes the drawback of scum knowing what our PRs do a little reduced.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

Wow, I've been very bad for town this game, my apologies.

My ability was not what I was expecting at all: my pm (I thought) implies I get the ability to remove metal:
Welcome, ortolan.

You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist. Ever since your birth, you've had a mysterious power to destroy metal. And now you are having these visions of a non-metal world. And then there is the troll Chunth who is telling you you have the spark. Oh, that's not even to mention the ancient robot deity that is chasing you. You just want a place to lie down...
Abilities: You have no outstanding abilities at this time.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.
what I got however, was merely "being untargetable to any actions which would target you"

Anyway, I agree with the possibility of a TM and geraintm team, but I wouldn't let Vi off the hook yet- not only did MafiaSSK "confirm" him (not that it would be necessarily wise for scum to do this to one another) but double-voting isn't necessarily a town ability.- by this logic I shouldn't be let off the hook either, obviously, although I would hope people would realise it's just been bad play on my part rather than being scum.

Also I'm very confused about Gremwell's death and his role.
I have a pretty fair guess as to how Gremwell died...and I approve
I don't know what you're implying, but it wasn't me that killed him. This means Vi might have gotten an extra scumkill from the serum???
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

I agree.

If I'm right about why Seraph is dead, then I'm pretty sure my PR could bring someone back to life.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

I agree.

If I'm right about why
Gremwell
is dead, then I'm pretty sure my PR could bring someone back to life.
Fixed
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by CF Riot »

ortolan wrote:
Welcome, ortolan.

You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist. Ever since your birth, you've had a mysterious power to destroy metal. And now you are having these visions of a non-metal world. And then there is the troll Chunth who is telling you you have the spark. Oh, that's not even to mention the
ancient robot deity
that is chasing you. You just want a place to lie down...
Does the bolded sound anything like Vi's role to you guys? Also, am I the only one who who laughed at the troll being named "Chunth"? (
hint: I took out the h's when I read it.
)

Ort, for the record are you pro-mass claim or against? I'm assuming you're pro since you just quoted your PM but I don't want to put words in your mouth.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

My PM suggests that Memnarch would be what is referred to in Ort's PM as "ancient robot deity." The text on that card has some scary implications, as well :(
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by CF Riot »

You thinking mafia recruiter? Or cult maybe?

I dug this up because I remembered hearing someone say it. Doesn't necessarily point directly to TM being scum, but it's worth looking at.

I'm also going to throw even more WIFOM and speculation out there and guess that SSK's ability was what he claimed, but that he actually used it on Gremwell, not Vi. Therefore he and his buddies would've known Grem to be metal. This doesn't explain how he died of course, but it may be another piece to the puzzle.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ohhhhhhh, take a look at
Glissa
again...

I agree that the scum sure wouldn't have investigated Vi.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Vi »

ortolan 906 wrote:I wouldn't let Vi off the hook yet- not only did MafiaSSK "confirm" him (not that it would be necessarily wise for scum to do this to one another) but double-voting isn't necessarily a town ability.- by this logic I shouldn't be let off the hook either, obviously, although I would hope people would realise it's just been bad play on my part rather than being scum.
SSK didn't confirm anything; that was the whole point of why he started to take criticism.
ortolan 906 wrote:This means Vi might have gotten an extra scumkill from the serum???
Quick question: Do you think that I would have gotten a kill *and* an amplified vote today from the serum?
I assure you that as soon as I vote, you will see that the latter is true.
CF Riot 905 wrote:I was actually leaning towards town on Grem based on how he suggested redoing the random vote D1, which we now know was in the hands of scum at the time. However he wasn't a bad choice.

I'm calling a Geraintm and Tony Montana scum team right now. Illumina got town points from me in post 404, for the same reason I thought Grem was town. Geraintm on the other hand takes the opposite stance in post 410. I'd like to hope my serum vote on Spyre (town) D1 when it was securely in SSK's hands gets me some town points of my own. Just sayin'.
This logic is entirely bogus, as it's made in hindsight.
Townies do not know who the Mafia are!

By this logic, we should be looking at you unfavorably because you recommended serum-vigging SSK, keeping him alive another night WITH the serum.

@Porkens: I'm not following what's going on with linking to the Glissa card. Furthermore, you have noticeably not claimed.

I'll be able to get back to this game later today and look further into it.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:04 am

Post by ortolan »

Vi wrote:
ortolan 906 wrote:This means Vi might have gotten an extra scumkill from the serum???
Quick question: Do you think that I would have gotten a kill *and* an amplified vote today from the serum?
I assure you that as soon as I vote, you will see that the latter is true.
I certainly don't want to rule it out. If one of the scum's abilities from the serum was to get an extra kill that night, then it would seem they might get another ability the day after to mask this fact...for example a double vote (because otherwise it would be obvious that they were scum)

Furthermore, I am skeptical scum would get a magical "extra night-kill ability" to use one night without having being serumed. But, as I said, according to this interpretation it's equally likely it was me that made the night-kill (so all that's left is my word against yours, or a strange setup.)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:06 am

Post by ortolan »

...or a serial killer who somehow didn't get a nightkill night one??
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:15 am

Post by ortolan »

and on claiming I would advocate doing so as, for example, Porkens has already soft-claimed a helpful role tonight (sorry for the triple post)
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Vi »

I certainly haven't heard of disguising a scum power role by making it MORE powerful.

Now a question for you: Why are you making assumptions about Gremwell's death? Rather than raise unnecessary amounts of setup WIFOM alongside CF Riot, we can massclaim and go from there if nobody "takes credit". As of right now, all you're doing is fishing... or flailing is more like it.

I'm interested in hearing why my seruming is so much more cause for alarm than CF Riot's, considering I've already told everyone what my new ability is and I at least hope that people can see how unlikely it is that I became a scum superweapon overnight.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Simulpost with Ort last night; I missed post 906 completely.

Glissa's card can "destroy target artifact"
Gremwell was an artifact.

I assumed the serum turned glissa into a vig.

My PM:
mod wrote: Welcome, Porkens.

You are the Eternal Witness, town-aligned Witness. You remember the old world. Then Memnarch stole you away to this metal monstrosity he calls a world. For years, you have hidden, learning the passageways and hidden places of Mirrodin. Now, the elf-girl Glissa is ready to face Memnarch. You will give your support to her cause.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 am

Post by CF Riot »

Vi wrote:This logic is entirely bogus, as it's made in hindsight.
I disagree. I think the logic behind Illumina and Gremwell looking town follows easily enough. The part linking Geraintm to scum is assuming a lot more and it's a lot less solid, because yes he could've had that opinion as town, but I think it's still valid.
Vi wrote:By this logic, we should be looking at you unfavorably because you recommended serum-vigging SSK, keeping him alive another night WITH the serum.
This is absolutely right. I can't say anything for that. I'm just going to point to the intention of the plan, which was to kill SSK, at a time when few were calling for his lynch. This was a bad call by me, and can easily be described as scummy.

Are we just going to claim in a random order or what? I was really wanting Geraintm and TM to claim sooner than later, but at this point if anyone is planning on faking a claim they already have enough pieces to do it with. Since that is the case, I'll claim now.
Nicol Bolas wrote:Welcome, CF Riot.

You are a Neurok Spy, town-aligned Spy. Well, since Bruenna is sick at the Krark-Home base, you have been sent to help Glissa in her stead. Maybe your...talents can help in some way.
I read this and guessed cop. I breadcrumbed here, in my second post after replacing in.
CF Riot wrote:I'm trying to
c
atch
up whenever the
o
pportunity
finally decides to
p
resent
itself. Middle of page
The 4 was the key. First letter of every 4th word. However, it turned out I guessed wrong, and I actually became a tracker.
Nicol Bolas wrote:
As you go to hide during the night, a crowd of moth-like creatures surround you. Soon, you feel a strange feeling. Then, time seems to slow. The world feels...different. It's obvious, you have ascended to the next level.

You have been serumed!
Using your powers as a spy, you can follow someone tonight, learning who, if anyone, they target.

PS: No, this is not a screw up. You are serumed.
Nicol Bolas wrote:Wall-E did not target anyone last night.
I targeted Wall-E following up on my suspicion of him D1. This turned out to be a dumb idea since he had already claimed flesh. This is why I said claiming what my ability did would
a)
not help the town at all,
b)
not confirm me at all, and
c)
could still be useful later, like when there are less people to track, thus increasing my chance of tracking the mafia kill.

Ort, did you target anyone at all last night?

Vi, who do you think the next scum is?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:50 am

Post by ortolan »

Ort, did you target anyone at all last night?
No, my ability didn't give me the opportunity:
Nicol Bolas wrote:
The town gives you the serum. The metallic taste is horrible, but soon...the world feels different. You have ascended to a higher level of power.

You just need to think. Using your newfound skill, though, you have found a place where no one will find you. A place where you can stop and figure out what to do.

For the remainder of the night, you are now untargetable to any actions that would target you.
So I've got nothing to do with Gremwell's kill unless the mod lied and my ability was in fact a random vig
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

we need the rest of the PMs
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Vi »

CF Riot 919 wrote:I disagree. I think the logic behind Illumina and Gremwell looking town follows easily enough. The part linking Geraintm to scum is assuming a lot more and it's a lot less solid, because yes he could've had that opinion as town, but I think it's still valid.
Looking at it from a different perspective (Mafia know who the Mafia are) I see where you're coming from on Illumina and Gremwell. All right, I can live with that.
CF Riot 919 wrote:Vi, who do you think the next scum is?
I was going to say you at the time of my previous post. However, your claim lines up with everything we know very well, and the explained version of your logic seems decent enough. For now, I don't have any objections to hitting TonyMontana, particularly in light of that quote from near the beginning of the game that you linked to. I'm less sure of geraintm; I was pretty neutral on him coming into D3. I won't vote until I see them post their Role PMs though (or until they refuse, whichever).

Incidentally, I remember hearing something about Neuroks earlier in the thread, but I can't remember from who or where.
ortolan 920 wrote:So I've got nothing to do with Gremwell's kill unless the mod lied and my ability was in fact a random vig
ModWIFOM should never be a part of games. I'd call the "unless" part doubtful.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by ortolan »

ModWIFOM should never be a part of games. I'd call the "unless" part doubtful.
Yes I meant it kind of sarcastically.

We do need the rest of the pms in your next post people, it's worrying that the only people that have claimed so far are the most town-looking.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

Or,
not worrying at all
...?

vote: TonyMontana