Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 871, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: but i guess people believe anything nowadays so whatever
ok like what am i missing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

pooky do u think u have merited a townread this game
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by T3 »

I'm townreading Nurse independently of Chicago but I think that Chicago's claim 'feels' more real than Nurse's. I find it a bit hard to believe that scum!Chicago would think to claim 2-shot bulletproof.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

VOTE: Chicago

I think Chicago is the optimal lim today. I claimed Jailkeeper because I don't believe his Bulletproof claim; I don't see BP and JK in the same setup but I'm not 100% on that. If you lim me you lose your JK early, but chances are extremely high I'll be NK'd tonight anyways. There is a chance Scum opts to leave me alive Night 2 to set me up for a mis-lim Day 3.

IF CT flips Town, then I'd say look at Medeia since I did jail her and there was no NK—maybe she performed the NK action (look into this late game).
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:59 pm

Post by Invisibility »

VC 2.05

PookyTheMagicalBear (2): skitter30, sheepsaysmeep
Random Nurse (2): PookyTheMagicalBear, ceejayvinoya
ChicagoTypewriter (1): Random Nurse

Not voting: T3, medeia, ChicagoTypewriter

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate someone. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2023-07-30 08:56:28).
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 879, Random Nurse wrote: VOTE: Chicago

I think Chicago is the optimal lim today. I claimed Jailkeeper because I don't believe his Bulletproof claim; I don't see BP and JK in the same setup but I'm not 100% on that. If you lim me you lose your JK early, but chances are extremely high I'll be NK'd tonight anyways. There is a chance Scum opts to leave me alive Night 2 to set me up for a mis-lim Day 3.

IF CT flips Town, then I'd say look at Medeia since I did jail her and there was no NK—maybe she performed the NK action (look into this late game).
see like I know how bad it looks for me if this guy is mafia but I just think this is town joker
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 878, T3 wrote: I'm townreading Nurse independently of Chicago but I think that Chicago's claim 'feels' more real than Nurse's. I find it a bit hard to believe that scum!Chicago would think to claim 2-shot bulletproof.
this is a scummy insertion
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I just feel like t3 would be more towny as scum lol considering my intel that he likes being scum

if not for huge twtbaw vibes I might be trying pretty hard to lim him
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

actually yeah I would lim t3 is anyone interested
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:29 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Why do you refuse to vote Chicago, Sheep?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I would vote chicago
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Idk it feels weird/wrong sometimes cuz my townreads seem to be being pulled in different directions

It would be nice if they gave clear permission
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:36 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

VOTE: chicago
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 am

Post by Invisibility »

ceejayvinoya has been prodded.
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
ChicagoTypewriter
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: CT

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:59 am

Post by ChicagoTypewriter »

So ... you feel the 'optimal' lim is to eliminate the guy who can't be NK'd right now.

I do see your point about the odds of BP and JK in the same set-up, I was wondering about that when I got my role PM. That, and your foreshadowing of being 'left alive' by the scum for a 'Day 3 mis-lim' is just icing on the cake. It's becoming increasingly likely to me that you are, in fact, a mafia aesthetic (hence the town odd-checker); and likely there's a hidden town pr right now with information gathering powers (i.e. cop or something) that has claimed VT (or at least that's my belief).

VOTE: Random Nurse
Rat-tat-tat-tat...
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:17 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 890, ChicagoTypewriter wrote:

So ... you feel the 'optimal' lim is to eliminate the guy who can't be NK'd right now.

I do see your point about the odds of BP and JK in the same set-up, I was wondering about that when I got my role PM. That, and your foreshadowing of being 'left alive' by the scum for a 'Day 3 mis-lim' is just icing on the cake. It's becoming increasingly likely to me that you are, in fact, a mafia aesthetic (hence the town odd-checker); and likely there's a hidden town pr right now with information gathering powers (i.e. cop or something) that has claimed VT (or at least that's my belief).

VOTE: Random Nurse

You say that, but it's too convenient knowing that I jailed Medeia Night 1.

If I were Scum I'd have no reason to counter-claim in response to your Bulletproof claim. It'd be so much easier to just pretend to be a VT.

If you were Town you would know that a tactic of Scum's is to leave alive a PR that is suspecting it would be NK'd, in order to dump suspicion on that target and have the rest of Town kill that PR for Scum instead.

I'm not sure what the rest of Town has going on in their heads, but I do think you are probably Scum, although maybe I could be wrong and the game mod just wanted to be mean. I do know late-game if you and I are still alive and I get limmed/NK'd, when I flip Town you'll be flipped next.

You could be Scum, but I'm also concerned that it could be Medeia if she were the one performing the Night 1 NK.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:16 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 876, skitter30 wrote:
In post 871, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: but i guess people believe anything nowadays so whatever
ok like what am i missing
like basic setup mech:

checker + JK + bulletproof are never all town because

you have false positive if scum shoot bulletproof and JK blocks a townie
you have false positive if JK blocks checker and checker checks a townie

false positives in micros are really really bad because there is no room to really correct for them.

so at least one of our three PRs is scum imo

our setup options:
Checker + JKer
Jker + Bulletproof
Checker + Bulletproof

Checker + Jker is one false positive possible
Jker + Bulletproof is one false positive possible
Checker + Bulletproof is 0 false positives

therefore I believe we are in world 3.

also we could just no lim here if we want to get fancy and see who dies with the JK leashed to the Checker
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ChicagoTypewriter
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: CT

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:04 am

Post by ChicagoTypewriter »

In post 891, Random Nurse wrote: You say that, but it's too convenient knowing that I jailed Medeia Night 1.

If I were Scum I'd have no reason to counter-claim in response to your Bulletproof claim. It'd be so much easier to just pretend to be a VT.
I'd agree with you
if
you posted before Medeia. But you didn't. In , Medeia claims she targeted you with the checker action which failed. This required an explanation - and if no town jailkeeper would step forward then either Medeia was roleblocked or you're a scum aesthetic; and apparently in a game with a checker; a scum aesthetic is quite likely.

In , you claimed Jailkeeper. You did not claim jailkeeper to counter-claim my bulletproof; you are claiming it to couter-claim Medeia's action.

In post 891, Random Nurse wrote: If you were Town you would know that a tactic of Scum's is to leave alive a PR that is suspecting it would be NK'd, in order to dump suspicion on that target and have the rest of Town kill that PR for Scum instead.
Yes, WIFOM; I am familiar with the concept. I'm not sure what you gain by suggesting that I would never think of such things were I a scum player and such high-level scum play is only available to the privileged townies. But your theory is fundamentally flawed, for if you were Town, perhaps you would realize that the mafia can kill more than just the player who declared themselves unspecified PR.
You would have us believe right now that the scum targeted Medeia, who you just so happened to be checker and checked you; or perchance that Medeia is the scum. Who decided the best strategy upon opening Day 2 with would be to lie about being checker and that their checked action upon you was a failure.

In post 891, Random Nurse wrote: You could be Scum, but I'm also concerned that it could be Medeia if she were the one performing the Night 1 NK.
Right, this theory, basically. So, you are suggesting that Medeia and I are a scumpair; and we have embarked on the brilliant strategy of both claiming PRs. Which, remember, we did first - Medeia and I claimed PRs before you did.
...Why? What would we gain from this? There are so many ways that a scum!pair claiming PRs right at the start of Day 2 could go wrong and so few ways it could go right. It's just a terrible theory.
Rat-tat-tat-tat...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:40 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i guess the way I think about balance in a micro is like 2:7 is scumsided and the town needs help in some way.

like if town has 2 masons, then town is getting basically two ICs that sorta know each other and should never get limmed - thats information that helps them
if town has a cop thats like information that helps them - a cop with a claimed inno on d1 is sort of like a mason pair.
if town has a Jailkeeper thats like night action interference and information that helps them but its trickier.

a setup with a jk, a bulletproof, and a checker is like throwing two red herrings and some random garbage that doesnt help the town and can easily screw it over.

like is the checker hunting ascetics? well ascetics mess with the JKer. the Jker messes with the checker. the bulletproof messes with the JK. it would be just ridiculous design.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:07 am

Post by medeia »

coffee then catching up sorry for absence
you do not know my language anymore

no one will learn my tongue
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:27 am

Post by medeia »

In post 854, skitter30 wrote:
In post 837, medeia wrote:
In post 836, medeia wrote: prevents a nightkill tonight then it confirms random nurse
mm, actually could still do the no nightkill thing towards this end i guess, sigh

nevermind
How do u feel abt voting pooky

so it's like,

if i assume town!chicagotypewriter/random nurse then maybe pooky seems most likely

but if hedging i'd probably rather vote in {sheepsaysmeep, t3} if voting outside of the pr claims because could be scums in any of the worlds

like pooky probably just isn't partnered with random nurse and pooky's stance towards chicagotypewriter towards the end of day one seems pretty anti-partner as well like pooky would have had to have strongly believed that chicagotypewriter's claim would be enough all on its own to prevent his elimination which would be weird to put a newish partner in that situation and! it isn't really scum!pooky's style anyway to not just push someone else there

but if chicagotypewriter and random nurse are both truthful i could maybe see pooky's play coming from a scums

like it is kinda hard for me to see how pooky is so confident that my result is a hard guilty and there would be great incentive for scums to want to eliminate town!random nurse here and i could see pooky's play at the end of the day coming from scum!pooky if chicagotypewriter/meuh were both town

but also like, pooky could be right and my first instinct was 'oh maybe this is a guilty' as well just dunno how pooky would be so sure

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:28 am

Post by medeia »

In post 896, medeia wrote: just dunno how pooky would be so sure

but also like, pooky would probably know better than me and yeah

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:31 am

Post by medeia »

yeah idk will look at micro design more in depth later

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:34 am

Post by medeia »

In post 879, Random Nurse wrote: IF CT flips Town, then I'd say look at Medeia since I did jail her and there was no NK—maybe she performed the NK action (look into this late game).

i just recently discussed this with sheepsaysmeep but

if i were the one performing the nightkill and my nightkill was blocked by your jailkeeper action

how would i have known i was jailkept in order to claim checker with an unsuccessful result?

and why would i have done so when i was widely townread instead of just like 'oh maybe i was saved'? (which i still think is possible for what it's worth like if you're town it seems somewhat likely to me that i was saved like i am quite often nightkilled and i don't think scums generally view me as someone to miseliminate in the future) especially given that chicagotypewriter had already provided another possible explanation for the missing nightkill with his claim

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:44 am

Post by medeia »

In post 890, ChicagoTypewriter wrote: It's becoming increasingly likely to me that you are, in fact, a mafia aesthetic (hence the town odd-checker); and likely there's a hidden town pr right now with information gathering powers (i.e. cop or something) that has claimed VT

uh, i do not think the second half of this is likely or even like plausible - if random nurse is ascetic then my ability would function like a pseudo-cop and this would be too much power

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”