Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Didn't have a chance to look at this today and don't want to read 20 pages before I go to bed.

Skimming the most recent ~3 pages and this stands out to me:
In post 501, MikhailTal wrote: I have obtained
hard]/i], not soft, information that indicates that you are not Town Miller. I hard claim power role. If anyone would lend that any credence, please vote on Flavor Leaf.
How do you have hard information on Flavor Leaf's role on day 1? I find this hard to believe. Not inclined to vote you for it though.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 518, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 515, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 279, MikhailTal wrote: In my first game, I was voted by policy. The feedback I was given could be boiled down to that I was too wordy, and too imprecise, and was largely unrelated to alignment. This game I am making a conscious effort to be concise, and establish clear boundaries for my positions.

#260 #253 #176 #177 #54

At least five people so far have publicly expressed sentiments intended to minimise the value of my perspective, with pure optics - all things that could be best left to oneself, entirely unnecessary to bring forward to the gamestate. Consider reading JasonWazza's approach to engaging with me, if you would like insight as to how to be more respectful in the future.
Please avoid referring to ongoing games, as per site rules. Even though you are dead, wait until the game officially ends before saying anything outside of that game's official threads

WAIT, he's already dead?
In post 519, Random Nurse wrote: Scratch that.
I am not understanding how you would have thought they were dead in this game. You seem to be pretty active so this seems like a weird misunderstanding to have.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:48 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 523, MikhailTal wrote: I see no further avenue to foster trust with town. As Alisae has correctly surmised, only mafia is willing to engage with me at this point. I will concede that point and minimise engagement for the remainder of the day, understanding it only furthers your agenda.

As Town in general you have to be willing to have a give and take relationship with other players here. In this game no one is an island. Remember, if you're Town you know you're Town, but no one else knows that. You have to be able to understand each other's paranoia in this game, and be willing to try and work with others while also understanding the paranoia inherent in this game. If you're Town and suspect another player is Town you SHOULD be attempting to conversate and try to foster trust with your Townreads. You should be active and engaged and try to be willing to work together: otherwise if you're an island and just pointing fingers ferociously at everyone else you'll just end up having everyone else come at you.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

For what it's worth, I think Mikhai is town with a really weird playstyle, and personally, I dont think they really understand how to play Mafia.

it's coming close to wanting to policy, but wanna give them the chance to play this game, and thinking best course of action is to ignore them for a bit.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 471, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 323, Alisae wrote: Like bro you're dead.
You think someone is going to care about what a dead person thinks?
Not even real life works this way.

He didn't hammer himself though, correct? We need a VC.
I went back and saw this. So I retract my suspicion in post 526 above - it makes sense to me now and I am leaning town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Few hours later, less confident on Tak slot scum, but it was still solid enough for day 1 for me to want to pressure there.

Not sure how i liked their passive approach to it.

Mik is probably newb town.

Dunnstral I liked their entrance so far
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:37 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don't understand how you would have a read on Tak in the first place since most of their posts have been ?? to me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MikhailTal
MikhailTal
Goon
MikhailTal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by MikhailTal »

Flavor Leaf:
Town Miller.

Alisae:
Town.

JasonWazza:
Town.

Sakura Hana:
Town.

Dunnstral:
Somewhat towny.

Roden:
Somewhat towny.

NorwegianboyEE:
Slightly towny.

Takutai:
Somewhat scummy.

Random Nurse:
Mafia.

VOTE: Random Nurse
Mikhail
(it/its)/
yin
(yin/yin's)/
unnamed
(it/its)/
xia
(fae/they)/
tear
(āg/āu)

+Autism|ADHD|Schizophrenia|Other Assorted Conditions

Tone Marker Explanation
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 531, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I don't understand how you would have a read on Tak in the first place since most of their posts have been ?? to me.
204 rubbed me wrong. specifically the shows their value thing. just too early in game for a line like that, so rubbed me weird
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Can someone explain why Hana would be so convinced that "defensiveness" is even an scumtell in the first place.
"Too defensive" sounds like a buzzword that scum would focus on because it sounds good as an reasoning for their push.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 534, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Can someone explain why Hana would be so convinced that "defensiveness" is even an scumtell in the first place.
"Too defensive" sounds like a buzzword that scum would focus on because it sounds good as an reasoning for their push.

From general experience anything is a scumtell if you try hard enough.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:20 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 534, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Can someone explain why Hana would be so convinced that "defensiveness" is even an scumtell in the first place.
I mean being defensive can be a scum tell, depends on the defensiveness itself.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:22 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Might be that i have a personal pet peeve about this because i get pushed and see people get pushed for defensiveness in many games and it's probably one of the most unrealiable tells in existence. In fact i've even been pushed (correctly) in past games for not being defensive at all so in my case it might even be the opposite that is a scumtell for me.

- Bunno
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:23 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 537, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Might be that i have a personal pet peeve about this because i get pushed and see people get pushed for defensiveness in many games and it's probably one of the most unrealiable tells in existence. In fact i've even been pushed (correctly) in past games for not being defensive at all so in my case it might even be the opposite that is a scumtell for me.

I think they see it as being defense is seen as being focused on self-preservation, and self-preservation is seen a trait exclusive to Scum.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:26 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I mean self-preservation isn't a trait exclusive to scum, would be nice if it were that simple.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think self-preservation is important as town as well though. If you just accept being scumread and keel over and die it means scum got a free and easy mislim. It's flawed thinking that only scum is worried about self-preservation.

- Bunno
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:30 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Hey nurse, can I get your reasoning for the Hu Tao town read?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Likewise Flavour is an very experienced mafia player and in the psychology of players in games of mafia, i think they know that everyone get's hesitant when a player offers themselves freely up as the elimination. Because they think "oh it must be town, because scum worries about self-preservation" and thus they get the unsaid result that they really want from their supposedly non-selfpreserving actions.

- Bunno
Takutai
Takutai
Goon
Takutai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:34 am

Post by Takutai »

Update:

Scum:

Roden
Alisae

Nothing else, judging by the post tempo this day will be a goldmine for scum and will end in one or another silly elim as people follow the false promises of charismites. I think I'll scumread Roden and Alisae seperately, I'll only vote there once someone takes the trouble to case one of them for me in a convincing fashion.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:37 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 542, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Likewise Flavour is an very experienced mafia player and in the psychology of players in games of mafia, i think they know that everyone get's hesitant when a player offers themselves freely up as the elimination. Because they think "oh it must be town, because scum worries about self-preservation" and thus they get the unsaid result that they really want from their supposedly non-selfpreserving actions.
This assumes that we for some reason never Lim FL for the crime of existing as a Miller.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:38 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 541, JasonWazza wrote: Hey nurse, can I get your reasoning for the Hu Tao town read?

If I recall correctly he noticed the same thing I had noticed, that being #155 about Mikhail's post being more behavior and not Scummy. That said, there's really not much other content from him to go on, which is why I called it a slight TR.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Do not follow the false promises of charismites sounds like a badass bible quote or something.

- Bunno
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 543, Takutai wrote: Update:

Scum:

Roden
Alisae

Nothing else, judging by the post tempo this day will be a goldmine for scum and will end in one or another silly elim as people follow the false promises of charismites. I think I'll scumread Roden and Alisae seperately, I'll only vote there once someone takes the trouble to case one of them for me in a convincing fashion.

In one sentence each could you explain why you're Scumreading Roden and Alisae?
Takutai
Takutai
Goon
Takutai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Takutai »

In post 544, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 542, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Likewise Flavour is an very experienced mafia player and in the psychology of players in games of mafia, i think they know that everyone get's hesitant when a player offers themselves freely up as the elimination. Because they think "oh it must be town, because scum worries about self-preservation" and thus they get the unsaid result that they really want from their supposedly non-selfpreserving actions.
This assumes that we for some reason never Lim FL for the crime of existing as a Miller.
Flavor leaf is the best elimination we have unless people start hunting the real scum. I think I might dig a Hu Tao vote but I'm not feeling scum there per se.
Takutai
Takutai
Goon
Takutai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Takutai »

In post 547, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 543, Takutai wrote: Update:

Scum:

Roden
Alisae

Nothing else, judging by the post tempo this day will be a goldmine for scum and will end in one or another silly elim as people follow the false promises of charismites. I think I'll scumread Roden and Alisae seperately,
I'll only vote there once someone takes the trouble to case one of them for me in a convincing fashion.

In one sentence each could you explain why you're Scumreading Roden and Alisae?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”