Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:35 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 422, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 419, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: who are u even paranoid about
Is that a trick question?

Basically everyone, because I have no idea who Town or Scum are.

Even my Townreads I can't tell because, as you know, Scum can be REALLY good at blending in.
no its not a trick question - its weird to me you say you're paranoid but I have no idea who you're even talking about. when i say i'm paranoid about something i usually point to a certain specific scenario - i dont see it used often as to say the entire game.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:35 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 424, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: t3 can ghost as either alignment its basically a coin flip of sorts, i dont feel great about it but hes kind of being deadweight
It doesn't help that he's not engaging much, and I don't know if he's Scum or not, but I am willing to compromise on a lil if it means getting a flip.

What I would prefer is if he jumps in and starts engaging more. Now that I have a small bubble of time I can pick at this game a bit and just let my thoughts flow.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:38 am

elimming T3 Pros/Cons:

Pro:
t3 kinda scummy/ votes dont really make sense
ghosted the game low activity deadweight
not really voting or pushing for anything
basically quit on us
will move game foward

Cons:
Two people possibly TMI'd him as town
dead game dead villager
so many people dont care about this elim
no counterwagon really
barely any information from him
feels like we will be operating p low info in d2
he could easily flake as townie
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:39 am

ngl im like kinda ok with it just because i'm p lazy and if this is like a skitter/random nurse scum team we probly lose to it cuz most of the town doesnt care rofl
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:41 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 426, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 422, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 419, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: who are u even paranoid about
Is that a trick question?

Basically everyone, because I have no idea who Town or Scum are.

Even my Townreads I can't tell because, as you know, Scum can be REALLY good at blending in.

no its not a trick question - its weird to me you say you're paranoid but I have no idea who you're even talking about. when i say i'm paranoid about something i usually point to a certain specific scenario - i dont see it used often as to say the entire game.
If you're Town like me I'm trying to reach out to you and try to make a connection this game. For me personally my gamestate is that I'm literally paranoid of everyone (as TOWN) because I have been fooled many times before by Scum. By that same token when I am Scum I struggle hard because you have to act as Town despite knowing you're Scum: I'm a terrible liar. As Town I can take as many liberties as I want because I legit don't know and win with Town.

I think with you and me it's more like differences in gameplay and perspective, assuming you're Town. My absolute strengths are actually my aggression and interrogation as my main. When I can start chewing into the game and pumping out content and sorting people out, that's where I find my strength. It's just tough when you're constantly working and mentally drained.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:43 am

Post by Random Nurse »

Despite having been inactive for awhile I would hazard a guess that Scum are among the inactive because it benefits them greatly. That said I could be very wrong. How do you guys feel on that?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:44 am

like just reading thru your iso in this completed micro:

viewtopic.php?sid=&f=83&t=91156&user_select%5B%5D=37068

you have a lot more aggression and you're trying to kill someone

here it feels like you ghosted for a week and you don't really care that much and a lot of things you say are for show rather than you are actually hunting/invested
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:46 am

In post 178, Random Nurse wrote: Anyone that quickhammers T3 will get reamed by me Day 2.
like from this post on. it implies you have IMPORTANT THINGS to do so you will be BIG MAD if anyone DARES to cut the day short but like you don't really do anything from this post to today. Hence why it feels like you're just signaling what you think correct town play should be rather than actually following up with anything.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:47 am

Post by medeia »

In post 425, Random Nurse wrote: Also to you, Medeia, what do you think about the current T3 wagon? What does your gut tell you?

the same basically with regards to t3 - feels kinda scummy to me / isn’t really playing the game

with regards to the wagon idk hard to judge wagon behaviour when noone’s posting like maybe(?) it’s odd that everyone is okay with it dunno
you do not know my language anymore

no one will learn my tongue
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:49 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 432, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: like just reading thru your iso in this completed micro:

here it feels like you ghosted for a week and you don't really care that much and a lot of things you say are for show rather than you are actually hunting/invested
Part of it is because I really struggle Day 1 as Town because I have no workable data. Part of it has to do with my work schedule and some of the interactions with the players here, and as Town it makes me not want to really engage if I feel like I'm slamming my head against a wall. I think, perhaps, once Day 2 begins and I'm still alive you'll see a difference in play because then I'd actually find some footing in these waters. Day 1 I always kind of languish because I literally have nothing to work with, and everything Day 1 is nothing but speculation.
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:50 am

Post by medeia »

In post 427, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 424, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: t3 can ghost as either alignment its basically a coin flip of sorts, i dont feel great about it but hes kind of being deadweight
It doesn't help that he's not engaging much, and I don't know if he's Scum or not, but I am willing to compromise on a lil if it means getting a flip.

What I would prefer is if he jumps in and starts engaging more. Now that I have a small bubble of time I can pick at this game a bit and just let my thoughts flow.
i mean, i would prefer this as well and if you have someway of encouraging this please do lol

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:52 am

Post by medeia »

In post 428, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: elimming T3 Pros/Cons:

Pro:
t3 kinda scummy/ votes dont really make sense
ghosted the game low activity deadweight
not really voting or pushing for anything
basically quit on us
will move game foward

Cons:
Two people possibly TMI'd him as town
dead game dead villager
so many people dont care about this elim
no counterwagon really
barely any information from him
feels like we will be operating p low info in d2
he could easily flake as townie

is there an elimination you think would be high info here?

also sucks being restricted to phone when people are actually posting will be back home in a couple hours

Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:53 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 178, Random Nurse wrote: Anyone that quickhammers T3 will get reamed by me Day 2.
like from this post on. it implies you have IMPORTANT THINGS to do so you will be BIG MAD if anyone DARES to cut the day short but like you don't really do anything from this post to today. Hence why it feels like you're just signaling what you think correct town play should be rather than actually following up with anything.

In general I really don't like sudden quickhammers, before someone even has a chance to claim. On my main over the decade I've seen how bad it can be when someone quickhammers. For my recently completed game on this alt I quickhammered, and guess what it was the Cop. And then in endgame the VT Deltabreedy quickhammered the other VT.

Point is, it's better to just let the player speak when they're at L-1. Otherwise you're just asking for chaos.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:53 am

In post 435, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 432, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: like just reading thru your iso in this completed micro:

Part of it is because I really struggle Day 1 as Town because I have no workable data. Part of it has to do with my work schedule and some of the interactions with the players here, and as Town it makes me not want to really engage if I feel like I'm slamming my head against a wall. I think, perhaps, once Day 2 begins and I'm still alive you'll see a difference in play because then I'd actually find some footing in these waters. Day 1 I always kind of languish because I literally have nothing to work with, and everything Day 1 is nothing but speculation.
ok lets say we flip t3 and he flips town and then we wake up tomorrow and i'm dead and flipped town

what do you do at that point?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:54 am

In post 437, medeia wrote: is there an elimination you think would be high info here?

also sucks being restricted to phone when people are actually posting will be back home in a couple hours
thats a good point maybe we dont have any better options
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:55 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 436, medeia wrote:
In post 427, Random Nurse wrote:

i mean, i would prefer this as well and if you have someway of encouraging this please do lol

In this situation what I usually do is just check their profile and see if they've been online and compare it to their current gameplay.

And, if they're online/posting, but not posting in the game, THEN it's time to make a deal out of it.
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:55 am

Post by medeia »

not that i care about ‘information’ vs most likely was just curious as that didn’t really seem like an option to me yea

Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 439, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 435, Random Nurse wrote:

ok lets say we flip t3 and he flips town and then we wake up tomorrow and i'm dead and flipped town

what do you do at that point?

At that point I would then start combing through the game thread and try to look for associations, to try and tell if other members were coming after you, trying to cast suspicion, avoiding questions, etc. For me personally the game actually begins on Day 2, because now I have something tangible in my hands to work with. I'd also be keen to compare their votes or lack thereof with yours and his, and try to make deductions based on that data.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:59 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 442, medeia wrote: not that i care about ‘information’ vs most likely was just curious as that didn’t really seem like an option to me yea
Was this directed at me?

If so could you please clarify what this is about?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:00 am

Post by Meuh »

Hello :3
I'll be there for the meeting, sorry for not being around much but stagnant game = stagnant reads and not much has altered the way I view things at this point
I considered T3 vs Chicago as votes yesterday but T3's done nothing I found townie while Chicago has at least had little things I enjoyed, so I'm not compelled to change my vote there
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:00 am

Post by Meuh »

Random Nurse are you town?
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:03 am

Post by medeia »

In post 444, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 442, medeia wrote: not that i care about ‘information’ vs most likely was just curious as that didn’t really seem like an option to me yea
Was this directed at me?

no sorry was a follow up to question to pooky re: high info flip

Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:03 am

Post by Random Nurse »

To be honest I don't feel confident about a T3 lim. Meuh does give me gut Scum vibes. Kcdaspot I'm not too sure about either, but I feel more uneasy about the Meuh slot. All 3 of them actually discussing instead of reactively fighting would actually be fruitful.

If we're talking a lim that yields the most data it would be Medeia based on all her exchans, but I'm not currently sold on her being Scum.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:04 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 447, medeia wrote:
In post 444, Random Nurse wrote:
Was this directed at me?

no sorry was a follow up to question to pooky re: high info flip

Thanks for clarifying.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:05 am