Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 149, medeia wrote:
In post 146, Random Nurse wrote: But it's just pressuring, right?

Who said anything about claiming or being eliminated right now?

noone said anything about that, well other than me i guess, i just don't see what my vote accomplishes and i do not like to vote outside of those situations

like it just muddies things from my perspective and i think there are better ways to go about gaining information than simply voting and! like i said far too many disasters yeah
Now hold on. I'm asking you to pressure Pooky by casting a vote at him. I never said anything about a claim or an alimination—YOU did. You don't see that votes to pressure other players don't accomplish anything? Clarify that for me please right now. You pressure other players with votes in order to see how they respond. Just because you cast a vote doesn't mean you MUST commit to their claim and elimination that Day.

Your hesitancy on this is making NO sense to me.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 150, medeia wrote:
In post 147, Random Nurse wrote: I'm not liking your last couple responses here right now Medeia.
In post 148, Random Nurse wrote: I'm not asking you to buy the Chicken Shack I'm asking you to sample a chicken tendie.

i... don't get it

like really what do you see my pressure vote accomplishing here if i were to place it
Because two votes in more pressure than ONE vote, and when you pressure players they tend to react, especially with more pressure.

How long have you been playing Mafia?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

I'm open to pressuring Pooky but I'm also open to pressuring Medeia for now.

VOTE: Medeia
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 151, Random Nurse wrote:

noone said anything about that, well other than me i guess, i just don't see what my vote accomplishes and i do not like to vote outside of those situations

like it just muddies things from my perspective and i think there are better ways to go about gaining information than simply voting and! like i said far too many disasters yeah
Now hold on. I'm asking you to pressure Pooky by casting a vote at him. I never said anything about a claim or an alimination—YOU did. You don't see that votes to pressure other players don't accomplish anything? Clarify that for me please right now. You pressure other players with votes in order to see how they respond. Just because you cast a vote doesn't mean you MUST commit to their claim and elimination that Day.

i know that i did, i stated that i did in the post that you just quoted

i think interacting with players is more likely to lead to readable content than pressure voting

you may pressure other players with votes in order to see how they respond

but i do not,

as i generally think their responses are more readable in other situations and! i have found that wagons are often pushed through simply because they exist

and! i know that scum!pooky doesn't have a problem with reacting in a specific way to 'pressure' as scum regardless
you do not know my language anymore

no one will learn my tongue
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Pooky where are you on this?
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 152, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 147, Random Nurse wrote: I'm not liking your last couple responses here right now Medeia.
In post 148, Random Nurse wrote: I'm not asking you to buy the Chicken Shack I'm asking you to sample a chicken tendie.

i... don't get it

like really what do you see my pressure vote accomplishing here if i were to place it
Because two votes in more pressure than ONE vote, and when you pressure players they tend to react, especially with more pressure.

absolutely none of this makes any sense to me

been playing mafia a little over 3 years, generally haven't been voting outside of the aforementioned situations for the last two and a half years or so? since the binding of isaac disaster

Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 154, medeia wrote:
In post 151, Random Nurse wrote:

i know that i did, i stated that i did in the post that you just quoted

i think interacting with players is more likely to lead to readable content than pressure voting

you may pressure other players with votes in order to see how they respond

but i do not,

as i generally think their responses are more readable in other situations and! i have found that wagons are often pushed through simply because they exist

and! i know that scum!pooky doesn't have a problem with reacting in a specific way to 'pressure' as scum regardless

Both interacting AND pressure voting leads to readable content. It's not an either/or thing.

If you want there to be readable content then you should not have any sort of hesistance on casting a pressure vote.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 156, medeia wrote:

i... don't get it

been playing mafia a little over 3 years, generally haven't been voting outside of the aforementioned situations for the last two and a half years or so? since the binding of isaac disaster

WHAT is not making sense to you?

The more votes on a person the more pressure they feel. Two votes cause more pressure than ONE vote.
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 157, Random Nurse wrote: Both interacting AND pressure voting leads to readable content. It's not an either/or thing.

If you want there to be readable content then you should not have any sort of hesistance on casting a pressure vote.

and only one of those things potentially leads to disaster, shrug, like i simply do not get why you think this is mafia indicative of me in anyway

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 158, Random Nurse wrote:

i... don't get it

The more votes on a person the more pressure they feel. Two votes cause more pressure than ONE vote.

none of it

like why you think my voting here would lead pooky to revealing himself one way or another in a way that simply interacting with pooky about our concerns would not

why you think my not doing so is likely to come from mafia

what outcome you are expecting from this interaction at this point

etc

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 125, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: skitter not suspecting me is kinda sus ngl ^^
i mean what should i be suspecting thus far
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 159, medeia wrote:
In post 157, Random Nurse wrote: Both interacting AND pressure voting leads to readable content. It's not an either/or thing.

and only one of those things potentially leads to disaster, shrug, like i simply do not get why you think this is mafia indicative of me in anyway

Technically both can lead to disaster, in that if the interacting goes sideways a player could replace-out, so your point is moot.

Pressure voting RARELY leads to disaster on Day 1, especially when it's just TWO.

You're making it look like you're refusing to pressure vote Pooky and I want to know WHY.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Skitter, you're here.

What do you make of this interaction between me and Medeia these last couple pages?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 160, medeia wrote:
In post 158, Random Nurse wrote:

i... don't get it

none of it

like why you think my voting here would lead pooky to revealing himself one way or another in a way that simply interacting with pooky about our concerns would not

why you think my not doing so is likely to come from mafia

what outcome you are expecting from this interaction at this point

etc
Yeah I want this slot FLIPPED.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 153, Random Nurse wrote: I'm open to pressuring Pooky but I'm also open to pressuring Medeia for now.

i think ur both town

pedit indeed
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'd put more money on medea being town than u rn tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 165, skitter30 wrote:
In post 153, Random Nurse wrote: I'm open to pressuring Pooky but I'm also open to pressuring Medeia for now.

i think ur both town

pedit indeed
In post 166, skitter30 wrote: i'd put more money on medea being town than u rn tho

Based on what?
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 162, Random Nurse wrote: Technically both can lead to disaster, in that if the interacting goes sideways a player could replace-out, so your point is moot.

Pressure voting RARELY leads to disaster on Day 1, especially when it's just TWO.

You're making it look like you're refusing to pressure vote Pooky and I want to know WHY.

i mean, i generally take great care to keep everything within the game as much as possible when interacting with others and have interacted with pooky at great length in the past, i really don't see how you would possibly think that should be an equivalent concern to me here in this situation

like i said, wagons get pushed through simply because they exist all of the time and i do not see the great benefit that you are claiming here

what do you mean by 'making it look like'? like you asked me if i was going to pressure vote pooky here and i said no and explained why

you don't seem to like that explanation, but it is what it is

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

she feels v earnest and playing entirely within her worldview which i believe she believes
she isn't not voting to pooky to stir up trouble or to hold you at arms length

she isn't voting pooky b/c she doesn't believe in voting people she doesn't want to imminently vote out, and pooky has not yet reached that stage

i'm getting a lot of earnestness in her posts + attempting to sort
don't see a reason to sr her rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: T3 wanna nudge over here
medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by medeia »

In post 170, Meuh wrote: VOTE: T3 wanna nudge over here

i think that is e-1 by the way

medeia
medeia
it
Goon
medeia
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by medeia »

which really i would rather we didn't here

Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 168, medeia wrote:
In post 162, Random Nurse wrote: Technically both can lead to disaster, in that if the interacting goes sideways a player could replace-out, so your point is moot.

i mean, i generally take great care to keep everything within the game as much as possible when interacting with others and have interacted with pooky at great length in the past, i really don't see how you would possibly think that should be an equivalent concern to me here in this situation

like i said, wagons get pushed through simply because they exist all of the time and i do not see the great benefit that you are claiming here

what do you mean by 'making it look like'? like you asked me if i was going to pressure vote pooky here and i said no and explained why

you don't seem to like that explanation, but it is what it is
In post 169, skitter30 wrote: she feels v earnest and playing entirely within her worldview which i believe she believes
she isn't not voting to pooky to stir up trouble or to hold you at arms length

she isn't voting pooky b/c she doesn't believe in voting people she doesn't want to imminently vote out, and pooky has not yet reached that stage

i'm getting a lot of earnestness in her posts + attempting to sort
don't see a reason to sr her rn
There's no real excuse to refuse pressure voting anyone, especially Day 1.

Pressure voting, like interacting, is how you get valuable content.
In post 170, Meuh wrote: VOTE: T3 wanna nudge over here
Do you have any thoughts on anything else in the game currently?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by Invisibility »

blep