jerseygoomba - (2) Atlas, Gamma
JordanA24 - (0)
My Milked Eek - (0)
RestFermata - (1) Tolmides
Tolmides - (0)
Wall-E - (5) RestFermata, My Milked Eek, corporate, jerseygoomba, Budja
WhereIsTony - (0)
zachattack - (0)

With 12 alive, 7 votes will end the day.
Tolmides
Tolmides
Townie
Tolmides
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Tolmides »

zachattack wrote: Barring someone saying hey guess what I am scum (which I wouldn't put past Wall-E considering he's practically trying to get lynched), it will be one of corporate, jersey and budja.
Now this is the first mini I've played on mafiascum, but is a jester a possibility? Has anyone actually played in a game before with Wall-E who can vouch that he is usually this abrasive?

As for my NK targets, I listed them before: Wall-E, corporate and jersey.

Tony - you're right, and the only thing I can think of would be to construct a "What route shall we take" kind of thing. It'd get very complicated very quickly though.
[i]Now pass thou onward before us, as thou wert wont, and I will follow thee or die.[/i]
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:01 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Wall-E wrote:First: Name the hipocrisy (or all of them). Citation or you're tunneling.
You always dismiss very decent cases against you as complete crap, and then wonder out loud why people never build cases against you, and repeatedly ask those who already have made cases against you to do just that. And also, when you accuse someone of being scum, it's always for poor reasons that hardly amount to a case at all

eg.
Wall-E wrote:My scum list is still nekka, corporate and
jordan
. All three of them (as many people have pointed out) have done scummy things.
You call me scum, and yet you have never posted a decent case against me. You've made one point against me, and the evidence you gave in that point was completely false. Also, with Nekka, earlier you voted him because of "guts". Guts is not a case.

Also, you always say other people's ideas and ponts are "inane" and "stupid", and that you're being patient to deal with them, but all you do is reply by attacking the player (and quite often not attacking the case at all, another scummy thing you've done) and using CAPS LOCK a lot.

There's also this too
Wall-E wrote:Second, name the unhelpful thing(s) I've done. Citation or you're tunneling.
As I've said, hardly ever responding to a post without either insulting the player who's raised a fair point, or bringing up a good case yourself. Despite all your posts, you've done very little that has actually contributed in a good way towards the game (i.e good arguments against things raised by other players), that is unhelpful to the town and just takes up post space.
Wall-E wrote:Third, the items in 336:
JordanA24 wrote:
Wall-E wrote:Nekka's been scum in my book since the middle of this day. Do you think the replacement is going to say other than, "I have no idea why my predecessor did all that scummy stuff!"?

Get real.
Well we can still judge that replacement partly on the stuff Nekka did.
Nothing the replacement can say will affect my decision outside of claiming Cop, which Nekka would have done before leaving (I'd hope).
WHAT?? So you're not even going to give the replacement a chance at all? Just because Nekka decided to leave the game, even though it's fairly likely Nekka really did leave because of personal issues (he just got back from a hiatus, he may have come back too soon to be convenient). For goodness sake are you even trying to look town?
Wall-E wrote:
Just because he's a new player doesn't mean we'll give him a totally fresh start, I'm sure we all won't just forget Nekka existed.
There's a reason why lurking works, you know.
Lurking is kinda scummy, therefore, we shall take that into account when judging RF.
Wall-E wrote:
Your call for a quuicklynch on Nekka pretty much does it for you in my book. A quick call to lynch the only other person it looks likely we'd lynch today, and before we properly discuss who Gamma should kill. Imo, that swings it for me, I vote that you claim (since I cannot vote you without putting you at -1).
Oh, how easily you just decide on a lynch. You must be the greatest mafia player I've ever met, to catch someone so blantantly doing something scummy!

But!

Given that A) There is nothing the replacement can say that I will believe,

and B) THIS IS A GAME OF OPINIONS, NOT FACTS

I choose to push for Nekka's fastest possible lynch. I want Nekka lynched RIGHT NOW. I can taste Nekka's blood and I love the warm coppery flavor of it in my sharp, sharp teeth.
Firstly, I haven't definatly decided on your lynch, when I said "That swings it", I meant that I've decided you've been scummy enough for me to want you to claim. Although, I do see why that could be misinterpreted.

I've already said why A is just plain ridiculous and, again, totally unhelpful towards the town. I don't even know why you said B...
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:04 am

Post by JordanA24 »

EBWOP: Wall-E, if you feel I am scum, can you please post a case against me?

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Budja wrote:@Jordan, I think I did take centre stage in my argument with Wall-E a few pages back.
You mean Pages 9/10, hmm, I guess that's true sort of, but a few posts against one player isn't a lot, I still think out of the players here, you've contributed less than the majority in the way of decent cases.

Also, Wall-E, if you're so sure Nekka/RF is scum, why aren't you voting for him?

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:22 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Oh, and one more thing (sorry guys, keep getting new thoughts just after I hit the post button), corporate, I want you to post a proper case against Atlas, I know you've said you're lazy, but that doesn't cut it.

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Wall-E »

JordanA24 wrote:
Wall-E wrote:First: Name the hipocrisy (or all of them). Citation or you're tunneling.
You
always dismiss very decent cases against you as complete cr
ap, and then wonder out loud why people never build cases against you, and repeatedly ask those who already have made cases against you to do just that. And also, when you accuse someone of being scum, it's always for poor reasons that hardly amount to a case at all
CITATION NEEDED

I am not asking for much. Simply quote me dismissing a case against me as complete crap. I will explain myself. Is this so hard to do? You make it sound like it isn't, but fail to provide examples.
eg.
jordan
You call me scum, and yet you have never posted a decent case against me. You've made one point against me, and the evidence you gave in that point was completely false. Also, with Nekka, earlier you voted him because of "guts". Guts is not a case.
Again, here, I have no idea to what you refer. CITATION PLEASE.
"Also, you always say other people's ideas and ponts are "inane" and "stupid", and that you're being patient to deal with them, but all you do is reply by attacking the player (and quite often not attacking the case at all, another scummy thing you've done) and using CAPS LOCK a lot.
NO, YES, AND FALSE (and SO?).

There's also this too
Wall-E wrote:Second, name the unhelpful thing(s) I've done. Citation or you're tunneling.
As I've said, hardly ever responding to a post without either insulting the player who's raised a fair point, or bringing up a good case yourself. Despite all your posts, you've done very little that has actually contributed in a good way towards the game (i.e good arguments against things raised by other players), that is unhelpful to the town and just takes up post space. [/quote]

How do you know what has helped the town? What if every person I voted for or pushed for a lynch of was scum?
JordanA24 wrote:
Wall-E wrote:Nekka's been scum in my book since the middle of this day. Do you think the replacement is going to say other than, "I have no idea why my predecessor did all that scummy stuff!"?

Get real.
Nothing the replacement can say will affect my decision outside of claiming Cop, which Nekka would have done before leaving (I'd hope).
WHAT?? So you're not even going to give the replacement a chance at all? Just because Nekka decided to leave the game, even though it's fairly likely Nekka really did leave because of personal issues (he just got back from a hiatus, he may have come back too soon to be convenient). For goodness sake are you even trying to look town?
Wall-E wrote:
Just because he's a new player doesn't mean we'll give him a totally fresh start, I'm sure we all won't just forget Nekka existed.
Lurking is kinda scummy, therefore, we shall take that into account when judging RF.
Wall-E wrote:
Your call for a quuicklynch on Nekka pretty much does it for you in my book. A quick call to lynch the only other person it looks likely we'd lynch today, and before we properly discuss who Gamma should kill. Imo, that swings it for me, I vote that you claim (since I cannot vote you without putting you at -1).
Oh, how easily you just decide on a lynch. You must be the greatest mafia player I've ever met, to catch someone so blantantly doing something scummy!

But!

I choose to push for Nekka's fastest possible lynch. I want Nekka lynched RIGHT NOW. I can taste Nekka's blood and I love the warm coppery flavor of it in my sharp, sharp teeth.
Firstly, I haven't definatly decided on your lynch, when I said "That swings it", I meant that I've decided you've been scummy enough for me to want you to claim. Although, I do see why that could be misinterpreted.

I've already said why A is just plain ridiculous and, again, totally unhelpful towards the town. I don't even know why you said B...
Suit yourself. I can't defend against these vague, unfounded and uncited accusations.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Wall-E »

JordanA24 wrote:EBWOP: Wall-E, if you feel I am scum, can you please post a case against me?
You first.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by corporate »

what do you think he has been doing wall e. youre being evasive. and stalling.
on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Gamma »

Tolmides wrote:
zachattack wrote: Barring someone saying hey guess what I am scum (which I wouldn't put past Wall-E considering he's practically trying to get lynched), it will be one of corporate, jersey and budja.
Now this is the first mini I've played on mafiascum, but is a jester a possibility? Has anyone actually played in a game before with Wall-E who can vouch that he is usually this abrasive?
It's in the theme section, so I dunno.

I have seen Wall-E before and I don't think much has changed. I don't see asshole=/=scum. Besides, even if he's being annoying to
JordanA24
players, he HAS been doing some scumhunting.

I'll leave this alone, because MME will blow the whistle on "defending for defending" or whatever.
V/LA until I get a new computer
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

Guys, I have been sick and need to catch up. Will check in tomorrow and post thoughts. Sorry for going MIA on you all.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:06 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Wall-E wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
You
always dismiss very decent cases against you as complete crap
, and then wonder out loud why people never build cases against you, and repeatedly ask those who already have made cases against you to do just that. And also, when you accuse someone of being scum, it's always for poor reasons that hardly amount to a case at all
CITATION NEEDED

I am not asking for much. Simply quote me dismissing a case against me as complete crap. I will explain myself. Is this so hard to do? You make it sound like it isn't, but fail to provide examples.
I'm very tempted to quote your response to my case...

But, I shall quote not one, but two other examples of this, to make sure you get and cannot just post "CITATION NEEDED" or some other BS to avoid posting a proper reply:

1)
Wall-E wrote:
jerseygoomba wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
zachattack wrote:Wall-E, what makes you think Nekka is scummier than corporate?
Guts.
Umm...I don't exactly feel comfortable with making life or death decisions based solely on guts. I actually prefer some logic go behind things. If that is truly your answer Wall-E, I have to say the band might be better without you. I don't want to bring you to L-1 until we hear from Nekka, so I will refrain for now.
Because one tiny part of my case is supposition I'm scum?

Do you know what WIFOM means?

Everything we do in mafia is subject to WIFOM. I choose to believe the more obvious of two minor aspects of my positions on things that are happening and I'm scum for it?

Faugh. That's garbage.
2)
Wall-E wrote:Of course Gamma's claim will have merit. If he claims a kill who's flavor was being stabbed, for example, Gamma's an SK. If he doesn't, we might get a counter-claim from the real vig (since everyone seems so sure he's lying.)

And for the last time, no, I will not help you conjecture over setup. You saying my counter-point is conjecture is 100% accurate! I was giving an example of why setup conjecture is STUPID!

I'm done talking to a moron now. Good luck trying to get me to discuss your scummy garbage.
Wall-E wrote:
eg.
jordan
Again, here, I have no idea to what you refer. CITATION PLEASE.
K, here goes, I presume this is what you want citation for:
JordanA24 wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:Wall-E, your behaviour is ridiculous... calm down, stop being sarcy, stop insulting every other player and PLAY THE DAMN GAME! It would help your case a lot.

Should we choose to lynch Wall-E today, who does everyone think we should get Gamma to NK tonight? Personally I'm torn between corporate and jerseygoomba, I suspect jersey for mindlessly putting Wall-E at -1 at the top of this page, following Budja in voting for Gamma for exactly the same reasoning (so bandwagoning on an easy target who can be of a lot of use to the town) and generally not bringing anything new to the thread. He's attempting to stay under the radar by the looks of it, which looks pretty scummy.
Why, in the first part of this post, do you ask "Should we lynch Wall-E today?"

Did you know the votecount at the time?
I did not ask "Should we lynch Wall-E today?", I asked "Who should we NK if we lynch Wall-E today?"
Wall-E wrote:I also notice you posted your top two. Why is the possibility of my lynch just as weighty in your mind as TWO other people you suspect are scum more than me, to the extent that the opinion of the general town consensus will convince you to forget BOTH of them and instead vote for me, a third choice?
I never said those were my top two and you were my third choice IN FACT I said in Post 271 I said if you weren't at -2 then, I'd have been voting you, hence indicating that you were my top suspect. Stop twisting my words scum-butt.

And now I can,
Vote: Wall-E
Wall-E wrote:
"Also, you always say other people's ideas and ponts are "inane" and "stupid", and that you're being patient to deal with them, but all you do is reply by attacking the player (and quite often not attacking the case at all, another scummy thing you've done) and using CAPS LOCK a lot.
NO, YES, AND FALSE (and SO?).
Alright, if that's the case, show me proof of it.
JordanA24 wrote:There's also this too
Have you got a response to this?
Wall-E wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:
As I've said, hardly ever responding to a post without either insulting the player who's raised a fair point, or bringing up a good case yourself. Despite all your posts, you've done very little that has actually contributed in a good way towards the game (i.e good arguments against things raised by other players), that is unhelpful to the town and just takes up post space.
How do you know what has helped the town? What if every person I voted for or pushed for a lynch of was scum?
Then again, it might not have, we don't know that yet. As you've said, this is a game of opinions, not facts. What I'm saying is that you're not actually making very good arguments as to why the players you say are scummy are scummy, and are just insulting people a lot and making insignificant comments instead. If you didn't insult people etc, you'd be fareing a lot better in this game.
Wall-E wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:

Get real.
Wall-E wrote:
Wall-E wrote:

But!

Suit yourself. I can't defend against these vague, unfounded and uncited accusations.
I'm guessing you don't have a response to what I've said about you being sure Nekka is scum because he had personal issues outside the game, so you cannot argue that it isn't scummy on your part. Also, I'll repeat what I said in the post below that, if you're so sure RF is scum, why aren't you voting for him?

Now can you respond to these properly and post a case against me in your next post, and
NO STALLING THIS TIME.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:09 am

Post by JordanA24 »

corporate wrote:what do you think he has been doing wall e. youre being evasive. and stalling.
Thanks for the support, but can you post a case against Atlas please. I know you don't really feel like it, but even a short post, as long as it makes sense and is a good case will do.

WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:42 am

Post by WhereIsTony »

Wall-E wrote:
Budja wrote:
unvote
vote Wall-E

You didn't even try to answer my questions.

voteGammaNK corporate
woah

voteGamma and ...
NK corporate?!?!

Budja, my brudda, claim or die time!

Unvote

not sure why Wall-E thought this was so bad, Care to elaborate Wall?

although persoanally given how hard they have been at each other I find it hard to believe that both would be scum....its possible they are distancing, but I doubt it.

It brings back my other point, if we lynch wall-e and he is scum or we lynch him and he is town - it would certainly affect whether or not corporate would be a good NK choice.

* note it does not even have to be Wally Say we lynched Tolmides and he turns out to be town, wouldn't that effect who the number 2 choice is vs us lynching tol? and his being scum?

I dont like the idea of a vig not NKing, it is like doing a no lynch on a vote we can be sure no scum are in on. (this assume gamma is a vig)
corporate
corporate
Goon
corporate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:02 am

Post by corporate »

JordanA24 wrote:
corporate wrote:what do you think he has been doing wall e. youre being evasive. and stalling.
Thanks for the support, but can you post a case against Atlas please. I know you don't really feel like it, but even a short post, as long as it makes sense and is a good case will do.
i just thought he was scummy for lurking, but i guess he just needs to be replaced since he never came back. i thought by saying he was in my top scummy list it might bring him out of hiding.
on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Gamma »

Wall-E wrote:
Budja wrote:
unvote
vote Wall-E

You didn't even try to answer my questions.

voteGammaNK corporate
woah

voteGamma and ...
NK corporate?!?!

Budja, my brudda, claim or die time!

Unvote
lern2read lack of spacind
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:45 am

Post by RestFermata »

I'm coming back with more reads in a bit sorry. It's 5 hours a day of practice now. Brutal.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Gamma »

RestFermata wrote:I'm coming back with more reads in a bit sorry. It's 5 hours a day of practice now. Brutal.
I know how that feels. I played tight end in high school.

Every part of me was literally hurting.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Budja »

@WhereIsTony, Wall-E has already answer that one, he said he didn't read it properly and thought I copy-pasted a scum PM or something. I believe this as I doubt someone would be lynched over suggesting a NK for Gamma.

Not that I believe Wall-E is innocent, just not scummy in that case.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:56 am

Post by RestFermata »

Oops, forgot to
unvote
since my predecessor's vote is still here. Continuing my reread.

Well, actually, first I'll respond to a few things that have happened recently.

@Budja: I know Gamma hasn't been very pro-town. He's #2 on my "abrasive" list just below Wall-E, who is acting like a complete and utter clown, and an angry clown at that. I suppose he probably will have no choice but to follow our lead even if he is the SK. But we can still use him as a vig if he will follow us. If it becomes clear he is a SK, we will of course lynch him before he becomes a real threat. At this point if he is an SK, he has very little chance of winning since he is forced to follow us or get lynched, and we all have our eye on him anyway. It might raise a few eyebrows, but I have no problem using Gamma for the benefit of the town no matter whether he's pro-town or not.

@WhereIsTony: It is a legitimate concern that one person's alignment may reveal another person's alignment, thus changing the ideal NK target. Why not tell Gamma before the day ends that if the lynch target flips town, to change your choice to another NK target? It may sound confusing when I explain it, but I don't think it would actually be that confusing. It might be kind of like this:

NK Mr. Y if Ms. X (lynch target) flips scum
NK Mr. Z if Ms. X (lynch target) flips town

@Tolmides: Wall-E always seems to radiate scumminess, but I have never seen him so blindly aggressive before. Usually he seems more misguided and flip-floppy than annoying and tunnel-visioned.

OK, now back to the reread.

Backing up a bit: Wall-E accuses Nekka-Lucifer of "follow-the-wagon opportunism" in Post 24 when he confirms his vote on Gamma, citing that Gamma's vote on Atlas was a bit suspicious. If anyone reeked of "follow-the-wagon opportunism", it was Gamma for putting the 4th vote on Atlas. The fact that Wall-E seems to have a double standard on that concerns me. Especially since Nekka was the first to put a non-random vote on Gamma. Again, though, that happened in a phase of the game in which some reaching is necessary. Plus, I guess it would be difficult for Gamma to pull off his claim if he were part of the mafia, so I don't see Wall-E/Gamma scumbuddies. Still, Wall-E's accusation seems baseless, and I don't like that.

In general, as I read jerseygoomba's posts, I'm getting a general feeling of him constantly trying to please the town. Even his accusations give off a feeling of trying to convince others that he is town. Many of his posts are pure defense with no added content whatsoever. He unvotes Gamma when it becomes unpopular. And look at this:
jerseygoomba in isolation post 11 wrote:Since the town seems so dead set on keeping Gamma around tonight, I will

unvote Gamma

But I still do not see how his kill can be "proven".
jerseygoomba in isolation post 16 wrote:Guys, do you SERIOUSLY think you have any "control" over Gamma? Especially when there is no concrete ways of validating who killed who? We don't even know if Gamma's claim is true. I think we are deluding ourselves if we think we can point Gamma like a gun and "shoot" people. That being said, I'm not convinced Gamma is scum, which is why I unvoted him.
Obviously something doesn't add up here. First jersey unvoted Gamma because he thought that a Gamma vote was pointless since the town was largely against lynching Gamma. Later he claims the reason he unvoted was because he was not convinced that Gamma was scum. I'm sure jerseygoomba would say that I am nitpicking, and that the reason he unvoted involved a little bit of both rationales. I would beg to differ. I see this as evidence that jerseygoomba decides to vote or unvote and
then
decides why. And that, my friends, would mean that his cases are contrived. And that, my friends, would mean that he is scum.

Moving on. I don't see any problem with WhereIsTony's Mafia RB'er assumption. It can only be beneficial to the town to assume a Mafia Roleblocker exists in the game. Sure, it can be a scumslip to take information that the town doesn't know for granted. But it is good for the town to prepare for the worst. It would be a mistake not to consider the possibility of (a) non-vanilla mafia member(s), and the RB'er is the most basic and the most common.

In post 273, Tolmides implies that we will know if there is an RB'er after N1. This is not necessarily true. Even though the town is voting on who to NK, we could still be wrong. If our majority NK target is town, I'm sure the Mafia RB'er, if there is one, will sit back and twiddle his thumbs as another townie dies. This leads to some intriguing thoughts on whether or not we can tell if an RB'ed Gamma means that Gamma's target=scum, but I won't dive that deeply into WIFOM just now. Just suffice it to say that we really may not know whether or not there is a Mafia RB'er by tomorrow.

If anyone is dissatisfied with Nekka's Role PM fiasco, I will say that I am indeed a clarinet player. I win when all the brass instruments are kicked out of the band. There is nothing about winning when the woodwinds win in my role PM. At risk of fulfilling Wall-E's prophecy, I must say that I can't tell you why Nekka thought that there was something like that in his role PM. All I can offer is that "You win when the woodwinds win" has a nice ring to it. Woodwinds win. Woodwinds win. OK, that was a joke, but honestly, that's all I can and will say about that.

K, to continue. You may have noticed I failed to mention corporate and zachattack very much. That's because I'm getting a very neutral read on them. If you've played with me before, you should know that I hate neutral reads. So, tomorrow I want to look at them a little more, but I will focus on my scum reads for now. Here is my scumlist and my final decision.

Town reads (strongest to weakest):

Me! :D
MyMilkedEek
Atlas
Tolmides
WhereIsTony
JordanA24

Neutral reads:

corporate
zachattack
Gamma
Wall-E

Scum reads (strongest to weakest):

jerseygoomba
Budja

Why did Wall-E land himself in my neutral column? Good question. I put him in the scum section at first, but then I thought about how I have a stronger scum read on jerseygoomba and Budja than on Wall-E, who could easily be obnoxious and grossly misguided town, and jerseygoomba and Budja are either bussing him hard or they are not scumbuddies. Wall-E's tipping toward my scum section, but I hesitate to fill up a scumlist with people who are not consistent with each other. My opinion of Wall-E will change drastically if one of these two flip town, or vice versa. It may be like voting for a third party candidate at this point, but I can't justify revoting Wall-E, no matter how good it might feel.

Vote: jerseygoomba

NK: jerseygoomba
because I'm pretty sure Wall-E will get lynched, not jerseygoomba. In the remote case that jerseygoomba DOES get lynched, I will support a
NK: Budja

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:57 am

Post by RestFermata »

Useless EBWOP: Screwed up the bold tags, but you know what I mean.
Fixed.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Budja »

Eh, You have explain you suspicions against jersey very well but haven't actually said why you see me as suspect #2. I am not trying to be over-defensive but I don't like been your NK target without explanation.

Sorry for not posting much recently, I have been distracted by another game. I'll get my act together now and start posting stuff.

I have seen nothing so far to change my opinion of you, Wall-E. Unless you actually start defending yourself properly, you are suspect #1.

On a reread, I have noticed that corporate never actually responded to the accusations thrown at him beyond
corporate wrote: but in my defense, just cuz my playstyle isnt exactly orthodox and i may not be the sparkling child of pro-town radiance. that dosent mean im anti-town or scum.

i just dont get balls deep into the walls of text and every minor thing.
I would like to see an actual defence here, corporate. You seem to have been hiding in the shadows lately and posting very little. I see you don't like posting much but I think we really need to see more.

More later.
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by zachattack »

When RF explains why you're suspicious are you going to acknowledge or defend yourself against anything she says? You didn't when I posted my suspicions.

I reread the thread, and although corporate is a solid #3 on my scummy list, I can't decide who's scummier out of Jersey and Budja. My reasons for not liking Budja are in the last post on Page 15. As for Jersey, except for one post where he FOSed Tolmides, he's posted no original content, except for constantly stating that we can't trust Gamma. He's just followed the town's lead the entire time. Earlier on he said he found Gamma suspicious, like a lot of the town did at that point, but didn't vote for him. I called him on being wishy washy, and in his next post he voted Gamma. He then unvoted when it was clear the town was going in a different direction, despite still being suspicious of Gamma.

Both Budja and Jersey put Wall-E at L-1 while the rest of the town were waiting to hear from RF, and still had Gamma's nightkill to discuss. Wall-E is a very easy lynch for scum to justify, his abrasiveness makes him a good target for scum to get rid of during the day and still come off as a pro town play. I still haven't decided which one I find more suspicious, and would not be the least bit surprised if they were scum together. Way back at the beginning, when everyone piled on Atlas, Jersey said Wall-E was the most suspicious of the bunch for being the second vote, ignoring Budja's third vote. Jersey caught some flak for this, and in post 47 Budja made sure to state that he didn't find Jersey suspicious.

One other small thing that makes me think they could be scumbuddies, Post 99, (I'm on my mobile, quote tags are nearly impossible on this, bear with me) Eek mentioned that Gamma could be SK, mafia or vig, which was the first mention in the thread of the possibility of Gamma being SK. In 108 he reiterated that Gamma feels like an SK, and in 114 I say that 'Gamma being the serial killer makes sense'. In 119 Budja the parrot says 'Gamma being the serial killer makes a lot of sense.' In 121 Jersey says 'I agree with Budja that SK actually makes sense with his stance' It's odd that after Milk brought up the possibility, and I posted that I thought it made sense before Budja did, that Jersey would credit Budja with the idea.

I think they're both scum, and since Jersey has more votes I'm going to
vote jerseygoomba
. Budja is my choice for Gamma's NK.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Good posting, zach. That analysis feels genuine. I definitely could see Wall-E as an easy target for scum. I hate saying things like that, because I feel like in a way it enables players to act scummy without getting lynched, but in this case, yes, I think it is appropriate. Wall-E is attacking this game in the wrong way and gaining a lot of enemies. He's an easy mislynch if he's town. That is something to consider.

My reasons for suspecting Budja? I suppose I haven't been specific enough on it, probably because it's mostly gut. But I am of the theory that a "gut feeling" is a subconscious interpretation of something more tangible, and if you put in the effort you can usually figure out where the feeling came from, so I'll try to explain:
Budja wrote:I am only voting for Nekka to encourage him posting. I did not expect him to be pushed to L-2. I would like to target two of Nekka, corporate and Wall-E for the NK and lynch.
Budja was only voting for Nekka to encourage him posting, he didn't expect to get him so close to a lynch, yet he simultaneously admits to wanting him dead? That makes NO sense. Budja rides the fence a LOT, Budja, but this is a really extreme example of it. He's trying to distance himself from putting Nekka at L-2, yet his subsequent sentence suggests he wouldn't squirm if he got lynched/NK'd tonight.

Reading Budja's posts in isolation is really funny. Check out these little gems, which occur one after another right after the post I just quoted:
Budja in isolation post 21 wrote:Alright, I'll follow my gut instinct.

unvote, vote Wall-E

I just didn't want the day to end before Nekka posted. WhereIsTony is about right in what I meant to do.
Budja in isolation post 23 (after an EBWOP) wrote:Oh whoops :oops:, to be honest I didn't know. I guess I should have counted.
unvote

I most definitely do not want to rush which is why I unvoted Wall-E in the first place.
Budja in isolation post 24 wrote:Whoa, thats a bit hasty isn't it.

vote: Wall-E
, (L-2, I did count)
I think I should have left my vote where it was originally. You are still number 1 on my list and that post just convinces me all the more.
I also read the context of these posts. I'm not sure I really understand what Budja meant when he said that something was a bit hasty, because no votes had changed between these two posts that I noticed. Budja just reads as frantic to me, working hard to buddy up to the town while refusing to bus his scum partners, which manifests as fence-sitting and wishy-washiness. The parroting thing could also be explained as an attempt to buddy up to the town.

OK, that's what I think about Budja, though there is still a lot of gut involved. Hope I've explained why I want him NK'd if jerseygoomba is lynched.
jerseygoomba
jerseygoomba
Townie
jerseygoomba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by jerseygoomba »

All, that is great analysis, but unfortunately, all I am guilty of is quite possibly some crappy play. I can go through each of your reasons and explain myself fully why they are at fault:

1. Gamma - The reason I did not vote Gamma right away was I wanted to hear more information from the town. I figured if I jumped the gun on a vote, I would be called scummy for voting without much info. So, instead I get called wishy-washy. So, I'm thinking, crap, I better just vote because folks are going to think it is scummy if I just point fingers and DON'T VOTE. After hearing further information from the rest of town about Gamma, I felt that I DID incorrectly jump the gun, although I admit to feeling pressured into it by being called wishy-washy. So basically Gamma became a damned if I do damned if I don't situation. If he is the vig, we won't know until after Night 1 anyway.

2. Wall-E - I brought Wall-E to L-1 not because I was looking for a quicklynch, but more because I genuinely wanted to see if he would indeed make a claim as he had stated in an earlier thread. He didn't (which in my view was just added mayo on the scum sandwich), yet I get called to the carpet for going L-1 on him. I did not feel I needed to hear anything from Nekka to see how Wall-E would react to L-1. He obviously played it cool as a cucumber.

3. Budja - I really don't see how my play has so complimented Budja that you would go so far as to call the two of us scumbuddies.

What I would like to hear, in the context of my explanations, why I am soooo scummy. Yeah, I'll say it (and I'm sure get called scummy for it). I AM TOWN. It's ridiculous I would have to do that (and of course every scum would make the same claim), but I just don't want the first time you hear that I am town is when you mistakenly lynch me night 1.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”