Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Plum »

animorpherv1 wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:
Stef wrote:I would go on a limb and say Charter+Ani+GnK could be scumteam :D I have no real basis to my statement as it isn't really serious anyway. But it would be fun :D
..except this. So that answers charter's question.

I don't see an ani/charter team at all.

But I do think ani is scum.
vote:animorpherv1
. He is active lurking and has not contributed anything to this game at all.

Maybe he'll respond to pressure?
oops, missed this, don't see how.

Anyways, I'm not scum. I know of this fact. You guys don't. Noone does. If I could explain this better, I would.
Unvote

Good. Grief. Ani, that's not the way to convince anyone you're townie. If you
are
town, you are one of the most problematic, unhelpful townies out there. Much as part of my gut says 'he's playing like a clueless newb', a great part of my reason is saying 'he's acting like straight-up scum'.

Ani, I'm asking for
one
decent post telling us who to lynch, if not you. Convince me or I'll see fit to hammer you. I was tempted to hammer in this post, but I'm showing just a bit of deference to what's left of my newb-town gut on you. Go.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

(One more vote isn't a hammer. Wall-E was already voting for Ani, so he's still L-2)
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Plum »

GnKoichi wrote:(One more vote isn't a hammer. Wall-E was already voting for Ani, so he's still L-2)
Ah, I missed that :oops:. Well, then.
Vote: animorpherv
. See almost everything I've said about him during this game. That's L-1 now, I believe.
Kiro
Kiro
Townie
Kiro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Kiro »

Ugh, I'm here and am also annoyed at the situation Animorph is presenting. Both Plum and I are experiencing the same thing in RealTime so it's ridiculous he's doing it in 2 separate games.

Town can only urge you as much as you allow them to. Defense is a personal effort and if you're a Townie, you have to give it your best shot when facing a lynch. There is no cop investigation on you or anything like that, it's just your lack or arguments and caring about this game. That's all I can say for your case. Excusing your behavior is giving you a free pass and no one deserves a free pass in Mafia. Ask any questions you have before presenting your case if you need to.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'd like an analysis from Animorph in his next post. That way, if he is town, we can take some info from his post.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Mirth »

"Attention all personnel, personnel, please refrain from trying to kill your colleagues"

VOTE COUNT

animorpherv - 6 - [Wall-E, Stef, orangepenguin, GnKoichi, Nameless, Plum]

GnKoichi - 2 - [Kmd, charter]

Orangepenguin - 1 - [Kiro]

Not Voting - 3 - [Elvis_Knits, animorpherv, Tony Montana]

Tentative Deadline Dec 15

Elvis Replaces Edward. Go kiss her feet.

Last edited by Mirth on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

HELLO!

I'm replacing Edward. I haven't read anything yet. Interesting setup and interesting that I have played or am playing in a game with most of you. I hope to have some thoughts today or tomorrow.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Wall-E »

animorpherv1: I WILL ACCEPT ALMOST THE BAREST OF PASSINGLY INSIGHTS FROM YOU AS AN EXCUSE NOT TO LYNCH YOU: PLEASE DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

1) Build a case. Well-reasoned, couple paragraphs, nothing major.

2) Start posting three times a page for a few pages.

3) Build a defending case for yourself. The key points against you are that YOU WON'T DO ANY OF THE ABOVE, so really this one is added to 1 or 2 as a bonus if you do one of them.

Unvote

We are in no rush.

Ani, I will revote you if you post again without doing one of those things.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You realize that ani has posted nothing since you voted him and said you wished that your vote was a hammer?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Wall-E »

OP's case is still fresh in my mind.

Vote: OP

To reiterate:

1)
OP claimed the intention of posting a long and detailed case against someone - ostensibly because he was the hammer (or so he thought), so why bother?

2)
Plum said it best:
Plum wrote:1. OP didn't make any analysis whatsoever for his vote, which he thought was the hammer, because, he says, "I figured, no, I'll just vote, since I figured it was the hammer anyways, and that, since I was the last one, that a full blown case wasn't necessary". He evidently was prepared to hammer GnK on no analysis at all, which begs the question: So, what made you want to hammer him, then?
3)
Hypocritically denounced scumbuddy theorizing whilst engaging in it himself. This is less a scumtell in my book. It's like a half-scumtell. After all, I'm a huge hypocrite. Still, it adds to the pile.

4)
orangepenguin wrote:
GnKoichi wrote:
unvote, vote: orangepenguin

I don't know if you could call this an OMGUS vote, since you seem really unhappy to be voting me. Seriously, if you think there are two better lynches, don't vote for me.

Also, if you have a plan on how to play better, start now. That's what I'm doing.
I think they are better choices, personally, not better lynches. I think you might be right in that charter might just be anti-town, but not really indicative of scum. I've seen charter play like this as town before, so I wouldn't be too surprised. I really don't have a case on Wall-E, but I planned on pursuing it tomorrow.
Better choices but not better lynches? What in the Crab Nebula are you talking about, hose beast? You claim not to have a case on me, yet you'd PREVIOUSLY said:
orangepenguin wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Wall-E wrote:My case on Nameless and charter, scumlords:
Wall-E wrote:That deflates quite a bit of my own personal suspicion, actually.
Wall-E wrote:Upon review of your defense, it's ad hom. and bewildered sarcasm with very little content.
Wall-E wrote:Meh, you're right that it's not the most airtight case,
Wall-E wrote:I haven't dropped the case on Nameless,
Wall-E wrote:I built a half-assed case based mostly on gut
:roll:
:|

unvote, vote: Wall-E
That's a fairly established case. Why not just repost or say, "Read my posts, fool!" Why this whining about whining over your contributions?

Honestly, I do appreciate your contributions to the game. I just found a post where you say that you don't see the need to throw your opinions onto the desks of the mafia just to look pro-town. I like that logic.

We're all interested in what you have to say now. I'm calling your bluff! You say you are quiet to let others talk! Now be loud! If you've been keeping such golden thoughts so quiet, I think one of them might help us immensely right now, when we are essentially reduced to a lurker lynch.

The CEO at the meeting calls for silence and says, "OP, what do YOU think about the quarterly report and how the business is being run?"
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:25 am

Post by charter »

@GK, what do you think of Wall-E?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:26 am

Post by charter »

And welcome EK, I don't even know who edward was, or who he replaced... Very sad.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

He replaced Mana.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:34 am

Post by GnKoichi »

I think Wall-E is playing the way he's played all game, unpredictably. He claims to want OP or Ani out, yet whenever the vote for either of them has gotten too high he's switched to the less voted lurker. He might as well keep his vote on Tony and call it a day. It's possible he's scumbuddies with one of them and tried to use his vote to distance himself. But that's a stretch. The only thing I could say for sure is that he's not the Serial Killer. What do you think, Charter, about Wall-E and about Ani?
---
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm up to post 63 and pretty sure GnKoichi is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG Post 65 GN votes no-lynch. I am awesome.
Talk nerdy to me.

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Wall-E »

elvis_knits wrote:You realize that ani has posted nothing since you voted him and said you wished that your vote was a hammer?
Meh. Assuming ani does what I think he will (more lurking), it won't be a problem. I'll just hammer him (or add my vote if he's not at L-1). :D
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:07 am

Post by GnKoichi »

*sigh* Yeah, if I read through the first half of this game, I would think I was scum, too.
---
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm up to page 8 and feel like posting...

GnKiochi made a bunch of scum tells early. His first vote was on Nameless for "trying the hardest not to find scum." And it looked to me like everyone was being random... I didn't see anything different about nameless that should make him look scummy. So basically GnK was being a hypocrite and applying double standards.

Then GnK puts Charter at three votes for no reason ("Connect four theory or something). Basically saying he just wants someone to have more pressure, and he doesn't care who.
GnKiochi's 63 wrote:Sorry Plum. The Lynch thing for you was a poor joke. I'd be much more likely to vote for you based on your extremely strong reaction, but that's just me.

I think we're all in agreement on the lack of role claiming. So, where does that leave us?

Apparently, I've got the FOS. So, you know, awesome.

I still have my connect four suspicion on charter, but that's just a hunch among a sea of weak feelings.

Plum had a violent reaction to being called out, but that's seems more like a volatile player than a scum trying to avoid suspicion. Or is that what she wants us to think? (sorry about calling you a he, also)

And then there's my nameless smiley face theory. Jeez, day 1 is hard.
Among other scummy things, GnKoichi seems to resent an FOS on him when he's putting people at 3 votes for no reason. I don't see why he would be that worried about a FOS when he's playing fast and loose with his vote.

Then you guys get into the whole GnK votes no-lynch and GnK vs. Charter stuff. I don't think charter was trying to mislead anyone. I actually found myself htinking he was town at points. GnK abandons all scum hunting to defend himself. Then complains that people are forcing him to defend himself all the time. You have to do both. You have to defend and attack, because the quality of attack can tell people much more about you tha nyour defense.

Uhm...

Other thoughts:

Wall-e -- most of the time I find myself disagreeing or thinking he's insane, but every so often he says things I totally love. From my other experiences with wall-e I pretty much think I should take him more with a grain of salt, or else he derails me.

Kiro - anti-town comments about telling docs not to make a night choice in her post 103. Having a hard time thinking how a pro-town person would think that's a good idea. It's just such a bad idea. It maximizes night kills.

Nameless - voice of reason at times. Although slow to suspect GnK. Also, I thought he was quiet (for him). Maybe that's just because last time I played with him we got into a flame war.

Plum - totally not scum hunting. Comes on every once in a while and discusses strategy with almost no accusations questions, and wasn't voting anyone forever.

Tony - his graph of night kills -- I don't think it could be right since he said the chance of scum dying was 0%? WTH

Other people, I either liked them or didn't feel they were participating enough up to that point for me to know wth to think. I can say who I thought was town, but I don't think that's too helpful.

RANDOM: Charter was saying he thought there wouldn't be much death tonight and people were hating on him for it. I agree with charter though. There's going to be a lot of protection going around, many nks could be stopped. Also, I was thinking: docs are going to protect someone they think is town. So scum have to target more scummy-looking townies if they want their kill to go through. Which helps us in the long run because we don't waste time lynching those scummy-looking townies. The SK being Nk immune and the mafia having a doc cuts down on cross-kills, but will tip the mafia to the identity of ths SK if we give choices. IF the mafia target someone who doesn't die and wasn't protected... they know who the SK is, and hopefully get us to lynch the SK... am i rambling?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

GnKoichi wrote:*sigh* Yeah, if I read through the first half of this game, I would think I was scum, too.
Can you point me to the part where you get pro-town?
Talk nerdy to me.

GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:58 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Elvis: I've tried to be pro-town all game, though I realize now where I failed. I would say that since Page 24 I've been playing much better, and my posts have started to match my intentions.
---
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Nameless »

Kmd, #704, nice active lurking post right there.
Wall-E, #707, enough with the wildly flailing your opinions around already. It's somewhat hard to take anything you say seriously when you change your mind or post nonsense in the next post. Also, your case against OP isn't a particularly great one, but I'd like to see OP reply to it first.
GK, #713, "unpredictably" is a nice way of saying "unexplained and scummy". Also, just because he's backed away from a bandwagon doesn't mean "for sure" anything, he could (obviously) just be doing it for his own appearance.
EK, #718, calling GK's jokey comment about his FoS resentment of being worried is a stretch. Strongly disagree about Plum not scumhunting; after, what, the second post the only times she mentions strategy is directly responding and relevant to accusations and the like (eg. GK accusing Charter of misleading the town). I'd find that comment suspect, but I'll chalk it up to only skimming the thread as a replacement. Also, if I was slow to suspect GK it was because I was trying to give the newbie the benefit of the doubt.
GK, #720, so 23/29 pages is "half the game" now? :|
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Nameless, I thought you didn't want to argue semantics anymore.
---
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Nameless »

GnKoichi wrote:Nameless, I thought you didn't want to argue semantics anymore.
I'd congratulate you on the clever response (and chastise myself for inviting it) if I didn't still think you notably changed your estimate.

But yes, technically it wasn't a contradiction and not a particularly notable point under my interpretation anyway, so I'll say no more on that.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

GnKoichi wrote:Elvis: I've tried to be pro-town all game, though I realize now where I failed. I would say that since Page 24 I've been playing much better, and my posts have started to match my intentions.
Ok, so we can ignore the first 23 pages of the game, right? :roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”