Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

In post 2995, NorwegianboyEE wrote: My reads could be awful in this game, but i stand by that this is my towngame to a T.
Not really interested in self meta especially with no support for it

-c
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 2999, Here There Be Dragons wrote: also has cakez made an appearance recently
If Cakez plays it'll be when there are significantly less players alive.
He doesn't really have the time to keep up w/ the game anymore its just too much for him.
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Frogs »

I basically told him "ya I can take care of this come back to it when you have the time."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think Dragons defense of Ranger could be a townie point for them maybe.
But that’s really the main thing that’s making me doubt.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 3003, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I think Dragons defense of Ranger could be a townie point for them maybe.
But that’s really the main thing that’s making me doubt.
if town is killing town wolves don't have to do anything
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Frogs »

the point still stands that {Frogs, Norwee, Drew, Enchant, Klick} is basically immovable
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Frogs »

Mala goes in there as well
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Frogs »

tho I don't think they were doing much, the TR is still there
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I would be quite shocked if Kuribo was scum after the whole vig claim thing. Not that by itself but how indignant they acted about it,
It’s like in this game every remaining slot has been townie so i would need to sort which of the townie slots was the least townie… which feels really bad and is making me doubt.
I think it was Ranger who said that it would have been so much better if Theta was wagoned instead of shot and i agree.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:20 am

semi clearing people based on mech is bad

with that in mind, why are each of those slots immoveable

~std
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Klick »

Sorry was calling family!
I've got half a post written up
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Frogs »

Klick will see you now
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:38 am

*sits quietly in klick's office*

~std
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Klick »

I think Norwee has a level of comfort in himself and the way he's expressing his opinions that doesn't exist in his scum play. When Norwee is scum from what I've seen he makes pushes with a certain amount of fabricated force. Whereas when he's town he's a lot more nuanced in his takes because he is actually thinking about them.

Just as a somewhat random sample from his ISO:
In post 302, NorwegianboyEE wrote: There are a lot of defenses on Frogs for what i think are objectively bad reasons, but that also means a push there right now will probably get us nowhere.
Them not playing doesn’t mean they are town or scum imo, it just means they aren’t playing.
In post 303, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 279, TemporalLich wrote: assuming I'm not under pressure right now: peregrine and doctor drew have towny vibes

assuming I'm under pressure right now: peregrine and doctor drew are NAI
This is a weird post and i’m not sure what to make of it.
In post 309, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Again i agree with you that Temporallich’s vibes are really weird in this game. But i don’t think i’ve ever played with them before so i’m a bit hesitant to vote them just because of that.
In post 310, NorwegianboyEE wrote: But then again idk where else to vote so why not.
I don’t find the case on Whemestar very compelling.
VOTE: Temporallich
There's hesitance, there's a full thought process, there's nuance. I find it really hard to express the exact thing I am seeing, but it has something to do with the *purpose* of the posts. I see no motivation or agenda in the first post except for the primary driving force of actually letting out legitimate opinions on Frogs' alignment. The TL progression is also just acted out, as opposed to projected. What I mean by that is that Norwee develops a particularly detailed take on TL without much of a conclusion, and then votes TL while still not resolving the actual read. This is genuine detailed thought and it's not the way I have ever seen scum!Norwee operate.

For contrast take Norwee's ISO in this game: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=56&t=90333&user_select%5B%5D=33279
(I wanted to take specific quotes and put them here but it's annoying difficult to accomplish that from a locked thread)

When Norwee is making posts it is more... declarative? Just take a look at his first 40ish posts. He makes points and puts on a false sense of confidence, and above all there's generally a clear purpose. He wants to have clear stances on furtive his early push, on Shirou his scumbuddy, on Pooky. He takes harder stances because he wants them to be clear, he doesn't want to be questioned. There isn't nuance, there's a projected 'look at these neat thoughts I'm having'.

This is one example but it's emblematic of a pattern of behaviour that is alignment-indicative for Norwee.

Also Norwee has made it evident that he has a lack of understanding of the mech side of things. Scum would necessarily need to be understanding that at the moment and Norwee just doesn't. I don't expect this to carry much persuasive weight but I do think it makes him town.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:45 am

In post 3013, Klick wrote: Also Norwee has made it evident that he has a lack of understanding of the mech side of things. Scum would necessarily need to be understanding that at the moment and Norwee just doesn't. I don't expect this to carry much persuasive weight but I do think it makes him town.
great according to you i'm town

~STD
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2996, Here There Be Dragons wrote: maybe

i think i'm gonna VOTE: dr. drew

~std
Hi Fen I'm curious what you think of these posts
In post 2846, Klick wrote: I've just done a meta dive on Doctor Drew. My suspicion was correct, his town and scum games are completely night and day. As town he's very free and confident, significantly more sarcastic, comfortable, and has his filter off. He isn't afraid to upset.
His scum game is watered-down. On the whole he gives much more straightforward content. He projects the reads he wants to be seen by the thread before committing to them, giving a sort of trail to see his progression from. He isn't comfortable, he is much more reserved and tries to be friendlier.

UNVOTE:

This is his town game. If he's scum here it's a massive deviation from his usual pattern of play.
In post 2847, Klick wrote: I also think his progression on Theta doesn't happen if they're partners. He's properly pushing Theta. Drew!scum prefers to shade and distance while developing natural-looking discussion between himself and his buddy. Here Drew just... has a suspicion.
In post 2953, Klick wrote:
In post 2950, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 2896, Klick wrote:
In post 2870, Here There Be Dragons wrote: Can frogs be scum yet? Please?

VOTE: Flippy and if it's drew I'm not taking the blame for the L

-c
My gut response when reading this is to feel like you have no feelings on whether Drew actually IS town or scum, but you're annoyed that he is now being considered less.

I feel like a viable response you could have made as town here would have been to have a quick skim through Drew's meta yourself and confirm whether what I was saying was true or not.

I feel like the response you've given, while still possible as town, is kind of the response you'd need to give as scum because you want to come back to Drew as an option later.
I'm annoyed because I want to be right but I think you're town and you have concluded that the meta says otherwise. I both want him to be scum and know that nothing is happening without your approval.

I've been pretty town recently, so if this is where you are, maybe you should just kill me.

-c
It's not about *being right* it's about actually being at the correct answer

There is one correct answer for everyone's alignment in this game and ultimately whatever lens you use if you're using it properly should point to that alignment instead of the wrong one

If Drew's scum, then something about how he is playing fits his scum meta instead of his town meta. He isn't somehow perfectly emulating his town game. There should be evidence that he's scum through that lens.

I can't find any. I see the opposite.

I'd be interested in seeing you do the same thing - looking at a few of Drew's games, seeing how he typically plays and the differences between his alignments, and then coming back to this game and seeing which fits his play here better. I feel like if you did, you'd either more comfortably see Drew as town, or you'd see the opposite and we could have a conversation along those lines and come closer to the truth of the situation.

I feel like the more confident I get in my solving, the more dejected you feel. I don't like sapping the fun out of things, but I feel like I'm just trying to do my job in this game same as you're trying to.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Klick »

In post 3014, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 3013, Klick wrote: Also Norwee has made it evident that he has a lack of understanding of the mech side of things. Scum would necessarily need to be understanding that at the moment and Norwee just doesn't. I don't expect this to carry much persuasive weight but I do think it makes him town.
great according to you i'm town

~STD
Pretty sure Ceph is fully caught up on today's mech current events
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:47 am

i think it reminds me of when you cased TGP in white flag to get heat off of them and you were scum with them

~STD
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:49 am

the meta argument is dubious at best

i'll take a closer look at drew with theta

i feel like the third post is just a rehash of the meta argument

~std
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Klick »

In White Flag there was nothing to back up my assertions because I was bullshitting them. I didn't look at TGP's meta (I don't think?), I just insisted things were towny because it was good for optics.

Here I've actually gone through and found actual differences between Drew's town game and Drew's scum game. You can verify them yourself. PLEASE verify them yourself. I want critical engagement on this point because it is actually why I believe Drew cannot be scum in this game.

To dismiss it as 'dubious at best' without actually looking at it is disingenuous.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Klick »

'Meta is dubious' is dubious
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:52 am

i dunno if theta was in real danger when dr. drew voted them a second time

but i think this is a more compelling argument

UNVOTE: lemme think

~std
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:52 am

i don't see examples?

~std
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:53 am

you kind of handwave the meta argument without examples so i'm not sure what you're expecting me to do?

~std
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Klick »

In post 3020, Klick wrote: 'Meta is dubious' is dubious
"'Meta is dubious' is dubious" is meta

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”