Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: bread

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1019, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1000, Garlic Bread wrote: perhaps like lets make it this way: if anyone actually believes any of the arguments shea has against me, please bring them to me, I will only interact with the arguments then, I think that will help, until shea reaches a point where he is forced to reeval, or one of us are dead.
you havent interacted with my arguments a single time.

You just go "THIS IS LEVEL 0 TO UR TOWN META SURPRISING YOU ARE ON A TOWNIE FEEDBACK LOOP" and then you crack open a bottle of champaign.

i dont think you actually are reading my posts beyond trying to look at them bad faith because is literally right there.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

you're kinda floating into the territory of too bad faith to be town, there's like being tunneled and theres also intentionally being illogical to push an agenda.

why do you think sheep is towny?
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

anyone with experience with shea have seen him tunnel illogically like this as town?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1027, Garlic Bread wrote: anyone with experience with shea have seen him tunnel illogically like this as town?
I think a tunnel fight with Shea can go bad. I've been in that with a TvT with him before. I said things that were mean and regretted them. I think it's best if you two just take a break from the fight and chat with others. My two cents
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Alisae »

State of The Game

I think the best way to start this is to explain some of my earlier posting.
In post 146, Alisae wrote: VOTE: garlic bread
Cases are wolfy
I think this vote is genius. It allows me to size up the alt after it posted a big wall of a post. They also voted me earlier and declared me to be PoE so surely I thought that the vote is very likely to get a reaction.
In post 147, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 146, Alisae wrote: VOTE: garlic bread
Cases are wolfy
In post 149, Garlic Bread wrote: You Show Up to the Kitchen Late and Decide to Use Dull Knives, What a Joke
This is the posting of someone who is very comfortable in their own skin. Idunno if that's the right way to put it but this response leaves me extremely satisfied. I think my vote would bait any unseasoned wolf player. Garlic Bread is obviously not that but the way they responded to it is good enough for now.

After this is where I go ahead and read what happened to see if Garlic Bread's posting checks out and it does.

In post 155, VP Baltar wrote: The fact you are trying to build a multi-point case on page six is pretty absurd on its face though. I find it hard to believe you're taking the game that seriously at this point.
In post 163, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 158, Alisae wrote:
In post 155, VP Baltar wrote: The fact you are trying to build a multi-point case on page six is pretty absurd on its face though. I find it hard to believe you're taking the game that seriously at this point.
VOTE: VP
Go on
In post 164, Alisae wrote:no
Baller's post in a vacuum is likely to be posted by a wolf. Like, what Baller is doing is something that a wolf is just likely to do so I put a vote.

I respond w/ no, also similarly to size up Balter and I don't really feel the need to explain myself at all. I don't really have a need to engage anymore when I'm still trying to size up the rest of the playerlist and how they respond to things.

its after the vote I post the xof read which I thought of keeping to myself but didn't because I thought well might as well put it out there it could potentially advance gamestate and I felt like it could benefit me if I slightly show my hand to see how people respond to it.

Balter attacks this by saying that I'm not trying to do work or I'm not trying to solve.
Something significant I think Balter says is that my reads from when I first posted to now are still the same and that is somehow supposed to be wolf indicative?

For this, I would like to point to the State of The Game at this point.
Garlic Bread - I think Garlic Bread is the most notable person that is trying to play mafia.
Xof - Posts when they can but largely doesn't really matter as my read on them has already formed. I don't think Xof strongly tried to move the game in a particular direction they're just contributing when they can.
Shea - I think throughout the game Shea has just posted what they thought was going on.
tris - They're not really doing much but they are contributing at their own pace and I think the most notable thing that tris has done is vote Garlic Bread, as that to me makes me think they're acting independently
Hellbooks - Up until the page where they called me town and made I would consider this slot to be practically unreadable as they're not really doing much of anything.
Skygazer - ...

And then we have Sheep Sheeposting and saying meep. I think Balter casing me is the most game advancing thing that has happened from him since page 5, since now he's actively pushing for something. I still don't think he's gone into my meta at all, which is disappointing because I wanted to see what kind of takes he would have after going through it.

At this point Skygazer is our only real question mark because not much of anything is really happening or coming from that slot. They're essentially not doing anything.

Like what the fuck do you want me to do up to this point? It's honestly safe to say that we literally had a 30 page RVS phase and only now is it that it can really be broken and moved past that stuff and things are starting to happen. The only person who is actively pushing for someone to die pre-Balter case is Garlic Bread. The main 3 slots that need to be solved are tris, hellbooks, and skygazer (from now on I'm going to call this group the "trio"). No amount of proactive play actually creates a better read on these players, they just have to play their hand when they want to play their hand. The onus is on them to play and do something. They have to do something that's worse than what's currently happening and so far that's not really what's happening.
In post 819, VP Baltar wrote: This also struck me as pockety. Or at the very least, attempting to get a third of the users to not look at her until later in the game. Again, it's a bit cynical of a read on my part, I'll admit, but it's actually kind of a smart wolf play if that's what it is in the sense that 1) you are reducing expectations on who you will provide opinions on D1 and 2) maybe those people reciprocate and don't take a hard look at you either D1. That essentially guarantees an elimination on you is tough if not impossible. A smart social play imo in an alisae!scum world. (it's probably also no surprise she ends up at town reads on all three here I think)
Saying that I don't have a good read on tris + skygazer + hellbooks is extremely valid for what happened so far. Everyone else had gotten a chance to post except me by the point I entered the game, so I thought if they were mafia, perhaps they would move in such a way that indicates that. It's very easy I think for someone to talk my play that has been presented and say "Ya this slot isn't really townie and the rest of the players are lets vote this slot" and the post that this paragraph is trying to attack is a post that basically says "I'm waiting for these players to do something more."

but apparently I am a wolf for having static reads even though it totally makes sense w/ what happened for my reads to mostly be the same so kekw
In post 819, VP Baltar wrote: I think it's easy to see she didn't actually even care about the answer to the question. There's no deeper reason to why she asked me what my reads were than "I wanted to see". And when I say I don't have one, she just backs away from the convo. I think the intent here was to paint me as someone who isn't playing the game, and when I called her out for actually being the person who isn't paying attention to the game, she just disengages with the convo. This is what I mean by pot shots.
I am a yugioh player so I am illiterate, but ya I did want to know what you would try to sell me. You didn't try to sell me on anyone so I backed off. I don't really care if you had anything to sell or not, but I wanted to know if you did have something to sell me on, what is it, and how you got to that conclusion. You said you didn't have anything so I stepped away.

It was the most productive thing that I could have done in the moment as trying to get that answer from the trio.
Maybe try to get something out of you but for the most part just let the trio play when the trio can.
In post 819, VP Baltar wrote: But if the criticism is "he's not trying to figure out alignments"
Because a lot of your hunting and what you're pushing looks performative.
Let's break down how I see your interactions w/ Sheep.
In post 383, VP Baltar wrote: Re-reading the sheep-alisae interaction again, I think I agree with Alisae more to a degree. There is some post-hoc justification going on.

That being said, I do have a gut response because sheep's response is SO WAFFLEY. He's either completely floundering scum who doesn't know how to respond to slightest pressure, or he's town just pulling stuff out of the behind.

Sheep, how much experience do you have playing scum?
In post 389, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 383, VP Baltar wrote: Re-reading the sheep-alisae interaction again, I think I agree with Alisae more to a degree. There is some post-hoc justification going on.

That being said, I do have a gut response because sheep's response is SO WAFFLEY. He's either completely floundering scum who doesn't know how to respond to slightest pressure, or he's town just pulling stuff out of the behind.

a lot, I have many many completed mafia games
In post 392, VP Baltar wrote: VOTE: sheep

Ok well then
Starts by sheeping me on sheep
In post 394, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 389, sheepsaysmeep wrote:

a lot, I have many many completed mafia games
Can you link me to a recent scum game you had
In post 395, sheepsaysmeep wrote: no real recent scumgame, I took a break for like 2 years
In post 397, VP Baltar wrote: Ok, the break is helpful context too. Thanks. I'll check this out a bit later today
In post 404, sheepsaysmeep wrote: oh shit I just realized I do have a recent wolfgame, pls dont read the one I linked from when I was more cringe
In post 407, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 404, sheepsaysmeep wrote: oh shit I just realized I do have a recent wolfgame, pls dont read the one I linked from when I was more cringe
I prefer games on this site anyway. Easier to assess your response in this site culture
VP gives Sheep an out.
The meta that can be provided can be manipulated easily and I'm not sure how easily people realize that but this is moot point doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things
In post 541, sheepsaysmeep wrote: vp baltar is so villagery
this isn't really a part of this case but this post is weird.
This is more like a talk later thing.
In post 547, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 544, Skygazer wrote:
In post 538, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 536, Skygazer wrote: someone give me something to think about pls
How would you say sheep's play this game compares to that game he linked, since you were in that?
doesn't feel that different but like i said im trying to get away from meta reads bc honestly a lot of the time it just winds up being me looking at differences in personality/vibe which is generally not the right thing to look for
Unexpected tbh.

I was reading that game this morning and it actually feels markedly different to me. In that game, sheep comes across as trying to have a logical reason for his moves. Whereas this game, he's just like "vibes lolidk"

That type of awareness of how you're going to look is something I do expect scum to be more concerned about, generally speaking.

Was hoping you'd see the same thing.

UNVOTE:
Oh look an unvote after providing our wolf buddy with an out
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
In post 560, VP Baltar wrote: I mean, read her iso because I don't think she's literally doing anything but taking pot shots. She made one decent point that was bugging me about sheep, but it was kind of obvious and upon closer inspection from me, doesn't seen to hold up
In post 603, VP Baltar wrote: VOTE: alisae

I feel most comfortable here right now. I don't like the hellbrooks lim for D1 personally.

I don't think alisae is actually scumhunting and keeps trying to shade me for ???. This bugged me earlier when she was demanding a reads list from me, and clearly wasn't paying attention to the game.

I also think she's trying to get by on social schmoozing rather than hunting scum. The xof town read is eh, and I don't see how she goes from town read Shea-> let's lim Shea--> asking Shea for advice.

Just a bowl of wtf soup
And now we're back to me.
It seems like the whole point of that hunting sheep was so that you had a reason to write him off and you could use how I pushed sheep to attack me. Now suddenly my logic on sheep doesn't hold up.

Also this is a pattern you start to see w/ their vote on me but w/ things like how they talk about my Shea progression it seems like they're just trying to spin what I'm doing to make it sound bad > the posting actually being bad.

They do it a lot it's not worth quoting every single instance of it.
Like when this quote pyramid
In post 714, Alisae wrote:
In post 704, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 687, Alisae wrote: VOTE: Baltar
better vote than sheep I think
Meanwhile....

Alisae has yet to give any actual reasoning to want me dead and is holding onto it like a security blanket so she doesn't actually have to play the game.
”they haven’t posted actual reasoning therefore they must be aligned with the mafia!”
>votes Baltar in the moment because in the moment it seemed like a better vote
>”they haven’t posted actual reasoning therefore they must be aligned with the mafia!”
In post 819, VP Baltar wrote: I've pushed her in wolfy ways? What does that mean?
this sequence
In post 559, Thestatusquo wrote: This reminds me of town ali though and its a part of her town game I think she struggles to replicate as scum.

She just feels so much more focused on achieving specific goals as scum and here it seems like she's not doing that. I associate sort of moon logic trying to fit the game together into solves with town ali play and I think that when she tries to do the same sort of stuff as scum it doesn't feel as real to me.
In post 560, VP Baltar wrote: I mean, read her iso because I don't think she's literally doing anything but taking pot shots. She made one decent point that was bugging me about sheep, but it was kind of obvious and upon closer inspection from me, doesn't seen to hold up
In post 561, Thestatusquo wrote: In business company I played with town ali and she does a lot of that there too.

Comes in. Bam this seems villagery, my team solve is {three names seemingly plucked from nowhere} we should quick lim them all.

4 pages later {other two players} are confirmed wolfy so actually the solve is {three completely different names from the first one}

Its rapid fire solving and I don't think its very effective for finding scum but I actually don't think she replicates this approach vry well as scum.
Shea: Ali feels townie
Baltar: Says "Well here's why I want you to believe Alisae is aligned with the mafia" in a way that can totally be replicated by the mafia.
Shea: Doubles down on why I feel town

See my interactions w/ LLD on Staeg
LLD: Where here is some evidence I have why Staeg is villager
Ali: Okay but I don't care about your read and I am going to continue to push Staeg anyways.
In post 819, VP Baltar wrote: If you want a hot take, i think there's a non-zero chance that shea or Garlic Bread are her partner.
hmmmmmmmmmmmyes the people who are saying I am likely in my town meta are my partner hmmmmmmmmmmmmyes
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ali, I do plan to read your meta. I've just had an incredibly busy week at work. I had to get up at 5am today to do the case I promised on you because I felt like I indeed have been Slacking doing work in this game due to obligations.

I have read your wall and want to think on it. In the meantime, can you please give me the bulletpoint version if why you think sheep is so scummy. He feels very lhf to me, but in a sign of good faith in case I'm wrong here, I'd like to hear your sales pitch.
YOUR AD HERE

Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1028, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1027, Garlic Bread wrote: anyone with experience with shea have seen him tunnel illogically like this as town?
I think a tunnel fight with Shea can go bad. I've been in that with a TvT with him before. I said things that were mean and regretted them. I think it's best if you two just take a break from the fight and chat with others. My two cents
full disclosure i think ur kind like the answer here now that alisae has dumped her case and i am back to townreading her but im assuming you are telling the truth and im not really that surprised.

i do however always kinda circle around to "we should flip sheep first"
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

oh alisae idk if anyone said it post TM but my tell on you that i thought was reliable marker of you being town was you saying "hmmmmmmm" more often as town than scum and i went thru like 10 games only looking for that and nothing else lol
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

I mean this post is weird.

This post threw me back to 2017 where I liked to overly buddy town as mafia but like if this is town idunno this just doesn't feel like something town says right now but like lmao

If they're mafia they're doubling down on their baltar TR and that association.
Ya idunno why it happens its weird.

Garlic Bread probably sells this slot as mafia better than I do
Sheeps actions scream either wolf or too wolfy to be wolf and idunno which one it is but I TR a lot of the playerlist just so much more harder now that idunno guy just has to be a wolf and if he flips villager honestly i'm not even mad
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1033, Alisae wrote:
I mean this post is weird.

This post threw me back to 2017 where I liked to overly buddy town as mafia but like if this is town idunno this just doesn't feel like something town says right now but like lmao

If they're mafia they're doubling down on their baltar TR and that association.
Ya idunno why it happens its weird.

Garlic Bread probably sells this slot as mafia better than I do
Sheeps actions scream either wolf or too wolfy to be wolf and idunno which one it is but I TR a lot of the playerlist just so much more harder now that idunno guy just has to be a wolf
and if he flips villager honestly i'm not even mad
some People Have Been Saying This
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1032, Garlic Bread wrote: oh alisae idk if anyone said it post TM but my tell on you that i thought was reliable marker of you being town was you saying "hmmmmmmm" more often as town than scum and i went thru like 10 games only looking for that and nothing else lol
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmyes
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

state of the game kekw
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So in a world with sheep!scum and baltar!town, you think he's trying to pocket me?
YOUR AD HERE

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Can someone who is not Koba tell my why sheep is scum
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 929, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I believe u tho vp baltar my vote is yours if I dont read more
well with posts like this yea
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1037, VP Baltar wrote: So in a world with sheep!scum and baltar!town, you think he's trying to pocket me?
if this is what's happening then when sheep flips he wants village to turbo tunnel you into the ground
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1038, Thestatusquo wrote: Can someone who is not Koba tell my why sheep is scum
If you spell your mind out for me I can try to get you pointed in that direction
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

could it be shea/sheep lol, that townread from shea is so weird cuz sheep's wall wasn't even that towny to flip ones read on the slot, for someone like shea who supposedly feels good about their skill i wouldn't think they'd townread something like that(although their comment about me indicated they did)

im just having trouble seeing baltar as strictly like scummy bc when i went to read his ISO it felt Decent
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

i can get like not explicitly scumreading the slot but townreading it is pretty wild for a town POV if you actually read sheep's posts.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

i will say someone in a game back in december had me when i had 2/3 of their partners and then they decided to do this really crazy push against me when I was trying to bury their partner and it was only bc of their tunnel i realized that they are just not logically parsing the game in reality and i gave them a free pass for being tunnely and were just trying to save a partner who was pretty blatant there, I'm getting similar vibes here.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

(i have like really difficult bias where I tend to hard townread tunnels like that against me bc i think my playstyle is super bait for townies and omguses have failed me in the past but the longer this goes on and the way shea treats this the more i think this is just a defense for sheep to not go over)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

I want to run a lawnmower through all 3 players I could see myself voting sheep.

1038 screams wolf post to me tbh because it aims to directly discredit considering I just posted "I think Garlic sells wolf!Sheep better than I do" and it aims to really shut down that voice more than anything.

Baltar I admit could be a villager w/ genuine concerns as well. His conversation w/ Shea where they talked about how Baltar played in Hollow Knight, Baltar seemed like they forgot they were screaming at Asri the whole game? That conversation from him seems like it could be genuine and his concerns with me could be genuine even if he is pushing how he thinks town should play > what town actually do.

Anyway I am open to the possibility ig and now I think that just killing all 3 of {Shea, VP Baltar, Sheep} is probably gamewinning?
VOTE: sheep
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

me writing that post initially wanted to push baltar through a bit more but by the time I finished it I wanted to vote sheep
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 1046, Alisae wrote: I want to run a lawnmower through all 3 players I could see myself voting sheep.

1038 screams wolf post to me tbh because it aims to directly discredit considering I just posted "I think Garlic sells wolf!Sheep better than I do" and it aims to really shut down that voice more than anything.

Baltar I admit could be a villager w/ genuine concerns as well. His conversation w/ Shea where they talked about how Baltar played in Hollow Knight, Baltar seemed like they forgot they were screaming at Asri the whole game? That conversation from him seems like it could be genuine and his concerns with me could be genuine even if he is pushing how he thinks town should play > what town actually do.

Anyway I am open to the possibility ig and now I think that just killing all 3 of {Shea, VP Baltar, Sheep} is probably gamewinning?
VOTE: sheep
hey youre not supposed to copy my posts from the mason pt
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

[skygazer, hellbooks] are 2 slots that are like I Feel they are just Town but they haven't actually Done anything I can be like "Yup I'm not getting potentially snowed by this"

but I know I'm not gonna pull more content out of them

xof/tris are the most locktown, alisae as well on sheep scum flip

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”