Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Porkens »

just in case...

unvote

unmycosynth

Vote: MafiaSSK

Mycosynth: Serraphim
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:24 am

Post by TonyMontana »

votesynthserum count plz
Unsynth/unVote/unSerum
vote:MafiaSSK

I do believe you didn't know TE claimed, cause honestly who bothers reading the random stage when replacing. I also believe you were a rolecop. It's just made either irrelevant, or suspicious by the fact that you refuse to quote your role PM.

serum: TonyMontana

Cause I'm as good a candidate as anyone.

Synth: CF Riot

I'm
V/LA
from tomorrow till sunday, due to a trip to NY. I will check in before leaving, and should there be an extension beyond tomorrow, I'll perform my deadline duties if my iphone finds a wifi.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Illumina »

To restate, I think serum-vigging MSSK or seruming ortolan (given his very solid claim and apparent ability) are both solid plays. In the interest of consensus at deadline, I'm happy to
Unserum
and
Serum: ortolan
. It's probably a better play then leaving further responsibility in MSSK's hands.

I think Tony Montana could be scum based on his wanting to myco TE (who I read as more likely town than not), wanting to serum himself, and wanting to myco CF Riot (who I'm not sure about, but I think he's more likely town than not and there are better candidates than him at this point).

Generally, though, I think we should be careful about assuming CF Riot is protown. Ort's point that we could be letting him coast to victory as scum bears considering. Therefore, I can see the logic in wanting to give him the serum, but I'm not sure that's the best play for today.

I will also
Unvote Vote: MafiaSSK
. I don't have a great read on him, but consistently dodging his role reveal like that is really suspicious, and a lame move if he does flip town.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:49 am

Post by CF Riot »

I'll vote SSK if I need to. If we're lynching him, we need to synth someone else though. TM would be my first choice. I don't know if Sera is town. Depends on who he picks to serum tonight though.

I'd still most like to lynch TM (nothing protown about him), synth SSK (obv), and serum Ort I guess.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by ortolan »

You're basically presenting a "too good to keep alive" stance on CF
I think it's more just that if he is scum, then he's given himself a great pass to end-game (especially if he's metal and will need to be mycoed before he can even be lynched).

And I am happy to vote or support the seruming of MafiaSSK somehow, if he fails to post his role in his next post- there is absolutely no reason not to.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by CF Riot »

He won't. It's deadline. He put it of this long for a reason. He probably won't post til tomorrow.

What do you keep referring to when you say I gave myself a "pass" to endgame? I never said "don't lynch me until later!" I don't know what pass you're talking about. I'm not saying my role would be any stronger in endgame than now either, I just said I obviously couldn't get the serum again until close to endgame or it would kill me.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by ortolan »

I mean getting away with not claiming your metal/abilities, especially in light of putting pressure on others such as MafiaSSK for having done so.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Hmm, okay. We need a votecount. I think you're close enough to getting the serum, so instead of trying to get everyone to frantically switch before deadline, would you vote to synth SSK with me so that if we
do
try to serum-vig him it will actually work?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by ortolan »

I'd still rather synth you to be honest :P

But; let's just wait until he posts next. If he fails to post his role pm in its entirety then I will gladly assist in his synthing/hanging/serum vigging. Likewise if he just fails to post for an extended period of time. It's still possible he was confused or somesuch on his last post. MafiaSSK: Please post your role pm in its entirety in the thread.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Porkens 862 wrote:You're portraying what I've posted as 100% mechanics-based when they are not. You've said I'm "SO uninterested in what people say/do/act/pro-town"

This is a good example. The three things you say; yeah those are some of the example you're looking for. If you want others, I suggest you re-read my posts in this thread, I'm not going to hunt them down for you.
All right, I'm bored and mostly caught up. I'll play.

0 - confirmation
1 - infoless
2 - infoless
3 - Calling for Wall-E to claim.
4 - No serum for anyone. No smilies for anyone.
5 - No serum for anyone, even randomly. Denies playing mind trick for serum.
6 - Trying to understand what SpyreX said about his metaplay.
7 - No serum no cry
8 - No serum for anyone. Accuses Wall-E of spinning a conspiracy theory.
9 - No ser--wait, maybe randomly.
10 - Abide by random serum or die. Myco Timeater because of hated metal claim.
11 - Defends serum policy and Timeater myco.
12 - WIFOMing for ortolan's sake
13 - Lynch Seraphim (no given reason), myco Timeater (for wanting to "waste" myco on Wall-E)
14 - Metaplay planning.
15 - Metaguessing.
16 - Metafearmongering.
17 - Metaplay advisory.
18 - infoless
19 - Attempts to calm Timeater/SpyreX, questions Illumina, metaplay advisory
20 - Pushes SpyreX into the random serum idea. Goads Timeater to jump on SpyreX.
21 - infoless
22 - Calls Timeater on setup WIFOM.
23 - Calls for lynch on ortolan, Seraphim, or (half-heartedly) CF Riot (no reasons given). Expects to mislynch and lynch demetaled scum (read: Timeater) the next day.
24 - REPEAT: I LIKE THE IDEA OF AN ORTOLAN LYNCH (no reasons given)
25 - Turns against ortolan for wanting to myco Timeater-town. Fearmongering, etc.
26 - More hating against ortolan (to be fair, ortolan is doing a good job of being wrong here)
27 - Explains why he's against SpyreX's plan.
28 - Asks ortolan how his "no myco unless a preferred target gets the lynch" plan is supposed to work (good question)
29 - Goes all-out against ortolan. Calls SpyreX 100% town. Bashes Town; bets Timeater won't get lynched D2 (it's true!). Snippily tells ortolan to stop being snippy.
30 - Votes, now with color
31 - Tells ortolan to talk to the hand.
32 - Blanket agreement with CF Riot.
33 - Calls CF Riot for owning this game, saying he doesn't care if Town loses at this point if he's scum.
34 - Backs Timeater myco. Mocks ortolan.
35 - infoless
36 - infoless
37 - infoless
38 - Questions Wall-E's "tell" that Timeater is scum.
39 - Calls Timeater on placing way too much faith in SpyreX-scum.
40 - Restatement of previous beliefs.
41 - Fingers Illumina for not talking about his pet case. Asks what Illumina will think
when
SpyreX flips Town.
42 - Obvious metaplay strategy
43 - Calls Illumina synth vote worthless; asks Illumina a metaplay question; expresses distrust of Timeater and wants his myco, would prefer an ortolan lynch over a SpyreX lynch, calls out scumteam. Acknowledges that there are other players in the game than SpyreX, CF Riot, Timeater, Wall-E, ortolan, and Illumina.
44 - Presses on Timeater; denies flavor as savior.
45 - Calls Wall-E out for fence-sitting.
46 - Again. Ironic considering it's not dissimilar to Porkens' first 25 posts.
47 - Again, basically.
48 - infoless
49 - infoless (generic taunting)
50 - Votes to synth... Wall-E? What gives?
51 - Taunts SpyreX about not synthing Timeater
52 - and tells SpyreX to synth Wall-E too
53 - infoless
54 - infoless
55 - infoless
56 - 180s on ortolan after hearing his role title. Tells SSK to claim. Some general responses. Tells Timeater to replace out but votes him as well. Is against a massclaim.
57 - Talks about flavor. In light of already saying it won't help, and immediately after expressing an opinion against a massclaim. Votes to myco geraintm, saying a case would be forthcoming (it never comes). Calls exclusively one of SSK and Timeater scum, and chooses Timeater first.
58 - Changes mind and synths SSK.
59 - Setup WIFOM for SSK being scum as a Role Cop. Threatens lurkers with pursuit if Timeater flips Town (so this means SSK isn't scum in that case?)
60 - Queries SSK.
61 - Questions SSK's ability to be a Role Cop (it's not a bad line of thought).
62 - Metaplay discussion.
63 - Unvotes Timeater based on SSK's results, and pursues SSK.
64 - Votes SSK for flavor reasons and asks for a claim.
65 - Asks SSK why no fullclaim.
66 - Tries to get SSK to talk about the game (not dissimilar to what I'm trying to get Porkens to do <_< ).
67 - Endorses SSK lynch.
68 - infoless
69 - infoless
70 - Suggests Seraphim may want to serum himself.
71 - Denies that SSK could be anything but a claimed Role Cop.
72 - Asks ortolan if he thinks SSK falsclaimed.
73 - Asks CF Riot if SSK is a good lynch.
74 - Asks Vi where he claimed Cop (misunderstanding).
75 - Asks CF Riot about metatactics
76 - Accuses Vi of rolefishing, claims to have been anti-Serum the whole time, dismisses Vi's suspicion. Continues previous activities @CF Riot and SSK.
77 - Questions Gremwell's intentions re: CF Riot.
78 - Accuses Vi of mass misinterpretation. Calls Vi and SSK both scum.
79 - Defense against Vi. Calls Vi's posting "grand" (in light of the previous post?!), but insists Timeater has poisoned Vi's player slot. Insists SSK is most likely scum. Denies a deadline extension.
80 - Defends metaplay. Insists Vi's posting is okay, and that SSK has had enough chances.
81 - Continues to push SSK, with VY (whoever that is) close behind.
82 and so forth - General b1tching at Vi, who is returning the favor liberally.

------

Conclusions (yes, there are some after all that) -

Early play clearly shows that you like lynches but hate reasons. Very confident in calling people Town, seemingly without justification. You claim that your opinions on people have already been put out, but... no, they haven't. Gremwell? TonyMontana (whose lynch you wouldn't mind, you said)? geraintm (who at one time you wanted to synth, but never got around to saying why)? You seem to hold a double standard re: flavor and massclaims, going so far as to excuse arch-rival ortolan entirely for it. No idea why you wanted to myco Wall-E instead of Timeater in light of the metal claim AND repeated insistence that Timeater is probably scum. And yes, your play is striking in that when you're not talking about the setup and how to work it, you tend to have a narrow field of vision. All of these seem to play out nicely for scum. Thus my vote.
If you are scum, CF Riot is very likely a partner. Dunno how SpyreX ever made it a threesome.

---------
Porkens 862 wrote:Sure; This game has had plenty of time on this day. I don't think it's time to use our
one-shot
extra extension.
And what difference does it make insofar as when it's used, provided it's necessary?

---------

Thoughts after reading over what's transpired since 862, in brief.

TonyMontana: While he wouldn't like to say so, his meta is... well, poor. This is his playstyle we're seeing. With that in mind, I'm less inclined to push into him - so far.

CF Riot: I still like the idea of serum-vigging you, but don't think it's the best play any more. All of this dodging around a claim is ludicrous. Saying that SSK is deliberately putting off his fullclaim ignores the obvious question of
why he couldn't just say that's what he's doing

ortolan: I'm willing to believe you're Town. Very poorly guided Town from D1, but nonetheless.

SSK: During that reread, I realized that yes, SSK has been given a ton of chances. I endorse his lynch at this point. And yes, I see that SSK is Porkens's target... but if SSK flips scum, that would change my opinion on him a bit.

Seraphim: I hope you're not scum; you're being mostly ignored handily and only your claim justifies it.

Thus.
Unvote (Lynch): Porkens
Vote (Lynch): MafiaSSK
Unvote (Blinkmoth): CF Riot
Vote (Blinkmoth): ortolan
Unvote (Mycosynth): TonyMontana... I think
Vote (Mycosynth): CF Riot
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by ortolan »

CF: It's mainly that despite being very dominant in terms of the discussion and getting the serum you've not had to claim either metal status or your ability. I'm not saying you definitely *are* mafia, but if you were, it would be a hell of a good position to be in.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

and I also agree with Vi's case on Porkens, especially because in the other game of his I read he used much better reasoning than he has in this game, where he almost seems deliberately impulsive at times.

Also found his 180 on me a bit suspicious (but I can hardly complain can I?). He also seems to have 180ed on you since you replaced Timeater.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by CF Riot »

That's good enough.
Unvote. Vote: MafiaSSK

I'm trying to put my votes to where all the actions pass. It
looks
like I'm in the lead for synth though. =S. Didn't see that coming. I doubt I'll get a chance to post again before deadline, so I'm going to go ahead and help y'all out on this one. I'll tell you now that I'm flesh. BUT as I said D1 claiming flesh should not derail a synth wagon, unless you have a great reason to believe the person. I doubt I'm that lucky, so I'll go ahead and...
Unsynth. Synth: CF Riot
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi, hats off to you. I apologize for being as much of a dick as I was. I'm humbled. I see where you are coming from, and I think you are justified in it.

For the record, I’m not sure of anyone in this game. I was fairly certain that, because of SpyreX’s offer to self-lynch, that he was town. I couldn’t see a way for him to get out of that.

I had so much red bluring my vision because of TE that I said some dumb things. I assume you’re right that I haven’t put an adequate case on Tony, Seraph, Geraintm, like you said.

I also got mad at Ort at one point, but his claim has to be true based on the flavor we have seen so far. I know that looking at flavor is dangerous and shouldn’t be done, but we have a lot to go on so far this game having to do with the flavor and I honestly don’t think it’s twisted.

At any rate, I’m glad you’ve seen your way to voting/synthing/mycoing all the right people, despite your no-doubt overwhelming desire to lynch me.

I’m pro mycoing CF. I like his posts and hope he’s town. But I too fear that he is very, very cleaver scum. He claims flesh, though, so we have little to loose.

unmycosynth

mycosynth: CF Riot
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Vi »

ortolan 886 wrote: He also seems to have 180ed on you since you replaced Timeater.
I thought this briefly during the reread, but no, not really. SSK is/was being used as a stepping-stone toward whether he should go forward with Timeater, I think.

----
Porkens 888 wrote:I also got mad at Ort at one point, but his claim has to be true based on the flavor we have seen so far.
And this says something about his (or your) allegiance? If so, why not go with Massclaim_is_Good?
Porkens 888 wrote:At any rate, I’m glad you’ve seen your way to voting/synthing/mycoing all the right people, despite your no-doubt overwhelming desire to lynch me.
Rest assured I still feel that my lynch vote is misplaced, considering there's not much disagreement between the active players about who should get what and I severely doubt all of us are Town - but I don't think I can do anything productive about it at this point.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Gremwell »

A count would be nice but just in case I dont get to post again

serum;ort

this seems to be where we're leaning, but with the claim and his recent posts I'm actually happy with the idea

as for the lynch right this second I'm leaning for tonymontana but I need to look back to really get a good read,
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Porkens »

Mod: If we are in a no-lynch or no-serum situation by deadline today, then I vote
yes
on using the extension.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:20 am

Post by CF Riot »

LYNCH

MafiaSSK (5)
- CF Riot, Illumina, Porkens, TonyMontana, Vi
CF Riot (1) - Geraintm
No vote
: Gremwell,
MafiaSSK
, Ortolan, Seraphim

SERUM

Ortolan (6)
- CF Riot, Gremwell, Illumina, Ortolan, Porkens, Vi
TonyMontana (1) - TonyMontana
No vote
: Geraintm,
MafiaSSK
, Seraphim

SYNTH

CF Riot (6)
- CF Riot, Gremwell, Ortolan, Porkens, TonyMontana, Vi
MafiaSSK (1) - Geraintm
Tony Montana (1) - Illumina
Ortolan (1) - Seraphim
No vote
:
MafiaSSK

This is my unofficial count. It's in alphabetical order, not chronological. It was easier for me that way. If I didn't miss anything, we're heading for a no-lynch. Ort, you're not voting SSK still by the way. Notice, SSK isn't voting anyone for anything. (If he's not scum, this is super-unhelpful.)
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Natirasha »

Due to me being ill, you guys not having a majority, and my ever-growing mounds of homework, I shall let this go on until exactly 10:00 CST(GMT-6) tonight. If, at that time, you have no majorities, it will be a no lynch.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:50 am

Post by ortolan »

That means I have about four hours right?

Meh, I'll give MafiaSSK a few more hours to reply, I'd hate to end up in LyoL because he hasn't had time to check the thread recently

Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Illumina »

I'm willing to bet he won't post his role PM.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by ortolan »

If you look at his profile he's being criticised for lurking in other games atm

I'm worried we're heading in the wrong direction

But I will still vote to avoid a no lynch

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by CF Riot »

I willing to bet it won't matter, because there's no way you're going to get 4 other people to switch there vote that fast this close to deadline. Look at SSK. He's not voting AT ALL. If he's town, he's holding us back, and there's a good chance that this much isn't even true. He's the best lynch now. Maybe he wasn't a week ago, but that doesn't matter anymore. You've got another 4 hours yeah, but I'd feel more comfortable with you getting that vote down so something unexpected doesn't happen that keeps us from getting a lynch today.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by ortolan »

Vote: MafiaSSK

He's posted in other games but not here, that's enough for me
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Vote Count 2.X wrote:Vote Count
MafiaSSK (6) - CF Riot, Illumina, Porkens, TonyMontana, Vi, ortolan
CF Riot (1) - Geraintm
Not voting: Gremwell, MafiaSSK, Seraphim

Serum Count
Ortolan (6) - CF Riot, Gremwell, Illumina, Ortolan, Porkens, Vi
TonyMontana (1) - TonyMontana
Not voting: Geraintm, MafiaSSK, Seraphim

Mycosynth Count
CF Riot (6) - CF Riot, Gremwell, Ortolan, Porkens, TonyMontana, Vi
MafiaSSK (1) - Geraintm
Tony Montana (1) - Illumina
Ortolan (1) - Seraphim
Not voting: MafiaSSK
The town places it's votes, MafiaSSK responds to their incessant questions with silence. That go him killed. He was a
Vedalken Engineer, Mafia-aligned Scryer

The sacred vial of serum was given to ortolan.

CF Riot was thrown into the mycosynth pit. You now know he is flesh.

It is now Night Two. You have until Saturday for night actions.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”