Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Farkshinsoup
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Knight of Cydonia
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Grimmy
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: andersonw
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: iamausername
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Elmo
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Kison »

Unvote

Vote: Rishi

*takes a bow*
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by camn »

andersonw wrote: 1. No, I don't know why you would think that (what is the point of this question?)
2. already explained
3. This question is equivalent to "are you scum, or are you scum?". The answer is no (or neither).
(and I already explained why I posted 737).
4. I'll also get to this in another post (not now, though, my parents are yelling at me, and answering this question probably deserves another post anyways)
5. YES I SAID THIS IN POST 715 ALREADY
6. Loaded question (what is the point of this question, too?)

<whew>
God this gets better and better.

So, I just want to pin this down before nightfall..

Tell me if I am getting this wrong.
Anderson.. in #715, you state Rishi is your #1 suspect. You are saying that you thought HE IS SCUM at that time...but you were not attacking him in 737, although that was your NEXT post after calling him your #1 Suspect. In fact, perusing your posts SINCE naming him as your #1, you fail to question him, attack him, analyze his play or really give ANY opinion on him, despite my asking for it over and over.

NOW, you vote (then unvote) Rishi. With basically no reasons.

Is that about accurate? I just want to get it right.

My opinion is that if he WAS your #1 suspect, you sure weren't treating him like one. If you DO think he is scum, then you are VERY nice to scum!
But for now, I just wanted to establish what you think about him. I will be awaiting the rest of your response.

and PS:
Please clarify what you mean (my opinion hasn't changed than in my last few posts)
You have never stated your opinion. If you did, please cite it.
Yes, you implied it by saying I was trying to....
I try not to IMPLY. I state things. Some times I DON'T state them. Your error is in interpretation.
You are saying that my post was "distancing", how exactly?
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... Distancing
1. No, I don't know why you would think that (what is the point of this question?)
You used it as an answer to the same question. The point was to see if it made any sense as an answer. You seem to think it doesn't... yet you used it. Filed for later.
6. Loaded question (what is the point of this question, too?)
So what if it is loaded? It is very relevant. And unanswered still. The point, as I explained before, is to see what you will say. Not answering is an answer, too.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by andersonw »

I think having more information about your #1 suspect is a good thing, including his opinions on other's posts (hey, this applies to you, too! :P)
Also, this may be semantics, but saying "I think Rishi is scum" is definitely giving an opinion on him (yeah, this is a pointless sentence).
camn wrote:NOW, you vote (then unvote) Rishi. With basically no reasons.
Basically no reasons? Can you read? (this question is rhetorical)
Do you think this is scummy?
camn wrote:I try not to IMPLY. I state things. Some times I DON'T state them. Your error is in interpretation.
My bad. I should have used a stronger word than "imply". You SAID that I was attacking Rishi by saying I was trying to "get in on the hunt" and I was "calling Rishi out".
And how is it distancing, when I wasn't attacking Rishi, just asking him for his opinion?
camn wrote:You used it as an answer to the same question. The point was to see if it made any sense as an answer. You seem to think it doesn't... yet you used it. Filed for later.
Sorry, but can't you tell when a question is rhetorical or not? (this is not a rhetorical question) I thought that it was pretty obvious that my question was rhetorical, especially with the rolleyes smily, but apparently, I should have explained it better (this is not meant to sound condescending, sorry if it sounds that way).
camn wrote:So what if it is loaded? It is very relevant. And unanswered still. The point, as I explained before, is to see what you will say. Not answering is an answer, too.
I do not find it difficult to answer your yes/no questions. I find it difficult to answer questions such as "what do you think of Rishi's posts" because they require thought, which takes time. I also find it difficult to answer loaded questions, simply because they are loaded.
Also, I asked you a question that you didn't answer. What is the point of this question? How is it relevant?

Okay, to sum it up:
You are basically attacking me for "avoiding questions", and making post 737. Is that right?

And, tada, here is my response to Rishi's post, which you will probably find very unlightening:
Rishi wrote:Okay, I'll respond to this. First of all, I will concede that you did not ask all power roles to claim, but all protective roles. There is a difference. But, even though you say that the purpose of claims was to verify Fark's claim, that's not what you said. You specifically asked for all protective roles to claim, not for a counterclaim.
I felt that KoC had already implied that he wanted a counterclaim when he said that in that context. I do agree that it wasn't a smart idea to ask for a claim in the first place, though. (Come to think of it, I would like Rishi to respond to KoC's post 751, too, especially the first and last points)
Rishi wrote:After people agreed it was a bad play, you IGNORED the issue. I don't see the difference between saying that you stopped asking for a claim and ignoring the issue. Maybe you could illuminate me as to what the difference is. People pointed out scummy behavior that you made and you never answer the questions. You either ignore them or act all incredulous. This means you're either hiding something or you're too thin-skinned to be playing this game.
KoC has already explained this, but my reaction to it was the same as his. Just because he stopped talking about it doesn't mean that he's ignoring the issue. Also, ad hominem attack at the end there.
Rishi wrote:And how am I saving my own skin? My lynch is nearly inevitable at this point. All I am doing is pointing out some of your scummy behavior so that when I turn up town that people might focus their attention back on you.
I don't like how Rishi just seems to be giving up here, although he's right that it does seem like he will be the lynch for today. This could come from both town or scum, though.
Rishi wrote:And, remember, this isn't the first time you asked for a claim. Maybe you think people have forgotten about this little gem here:
And for this, I agree KoC was pretty scummy for saying that, and I was pretty surprised when he posted that line, but I can see why he would do that if he was telling the truth (and obviously, if he was lying).

Overall, Rishi's post hasn't done much to convince me that she shouldn't be lynched today.

Happy, camn?

(apologies in advance for any typoes in this post)
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Rishi (5)
- Knight of Cydonia, iamausername, Farkshinsoup, forbiddanlight, Kison
andersonw (1)
- camn

Not voting (5) - Flask of Pestilence, Rishi, Elmo, andersonw, Grimmy

Six
votes to lynch.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:18 am

Post by Rishi »

Vote: Rishi
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Elmo »

Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

:D

Looks like we got another.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

Hmm. It seems Rishi was scum, and if we assume a normal scum setup we might have only one left. Maybe Fark should reveal his roleblock target now? If he's town and gets nightkilled, his target is possibly cleared. Fark, I see you online, any thoughts about that?

Patrick.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Sorry, I almost missed that - I can target during twilight apparently, so I should be good, I just sent it in to the mod. I targetted anderson.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Sorry guys, I would have liked to have done a whole re-read before choosing my target (especially Day 2, which I'm not up to date on), but I got caught out there. Here's hoping I make it to Day 3.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 am

Post by camn »

Yay!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:45 am

Post by camn »

PS... See my sig.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Elmo »

Okay, actually Rishi being scum is a good indicator of Kison being town. If I remember correctly, Fark claimed RB yesterday (?). With a claimed RB, scum want the person least likely to be blocked doing the kill. Rishi looks fairly suspicious based on yesterday's events, and Tar/Kison is basically guaranteed not to be roleblocked. So the fact they sent Rishi out probably means Kison isn't scum. By deduction, camn is likely town as well (plus town read on her).

Having said that, I find it odd that they did send Rishi out. That implies that probably the last scum isn't significantly less likely to be RBed, i.e. doesn't look much less suspicious. So yeah, feeling pretty good about this. It'd be awesome if anderson was the last one =)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Grimmy »

elmo: if (and likely when) anderson turns up not to be the last one, who is your top suspect?

grimmy
figures we keep talking until they close the joint
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Final Day 2 Vote Count [::.

Rishi (6)
- Knight of Cydonia, iamausername, Farkshinsoup, forbiddanlight, Kison, Rishi
andersonw (1)
- camn

Not voting (4) - Flask of Pestilence, Elmo, andersonw, Grimmy

.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.

It was fast becoming inevitable and Rishi knew it. He could feel it weighing in on him, more and more every second. In his mind, everyone in the room was a door, a way out, and one by one, they were closing on him.

He was determined not to go like MacavityLock before him. Anything must be better than the slow suffocation of space. So when he saw the last door close, he leapt out, reaching for a firearm that had been laying on the floor. Before anyone could do anything, he placed the barrel in his mouth and fired sending blood, pieces of his brain and splinters of his skull spraying against the walls.

While the sound of the gunshot still rang in everyone's ears, the Basestar and Hybrid once again came alive.

"The hand of kin takes its own. Tragic. Mapping correlation. System check. Critical. FTL offline. From the lines of life, she leaves us. Willed unto herself. Harming all and own. Charging. Error. Systems critical. The will of the scrolls, foretelling. Sharon Valerii is dead."

As the Hybrid sinks back into her chamber and the Basestar's lights fade out, those remaining alive settle down on the cold floors for the night.

Rishi - Sharon Valerii, a Cylon of the Cylon Mafia has been lynched!

Night 2 begins!

Night 2's deadline is December 6, 02:00 GMT.
Last edited by destructor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:47 am

Post by destructor »

Everyone woke again. Yes, this time you counted yourself too and found that everyone that had been alive last night was still alive now.

The body of Sharon Valerii still lay on the the floor. You all agreed that the disturbing sight should be removed from the room and carry her corpse into another chamber. While her body was gone, the pool of blood that had spilt from her head still stained the floor. It had turned a viscous deep red, almost fading away into the dark floors of the Basestar and for once you are glad the halls aren't lit up with bright lights and find comfort in the darkness in which you've lived for the last two days.

But this small delight quickly fades and you see the bloodstain again, plainly and clearly. It stays in your mind, a wicked omen reminding you that this ordeal is not over yet.

There were no deaths in Night 2.

Day 3 begins!

Day 3's Deadline is January 3, 02:00 GMT.

With ten alive it takes
six
votes to lynch today.
Last edited by destructor on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Um...wow. Two no kill nights? I'm kinda wondering if there is some WIFOM this time about a roleblock. Regardless, I guess we ask again who got roleblocked?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Well, as I announced during twilight yesterday, I blocked andersonw. So, yeah, WIFOM for sure. What does everyone think about a mass claim at this point?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Farkshinsoup wrote:Well, as I announced during twilight yesterday, I blocked andersonw. So, yeah, WIFOM for sure. What does everyone think about a mass claim at this point?
I want to hear Kison's result first. As well as anyone else who thinks they have relevant results before we all just throw our roles out there.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”