Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

If he is scum with you, it's entirely possible that he could have said that he thought the vote was a hammer in order to gain townie points later. If this were true, he would unvote later (which he did) and push another case. Then if you turn up dead, he can refer back to his "hammer", and look better because of it.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:01 am

Post by GnKoichi »

I don't think so. Any townie points he thought he would gain by that would be canceled out by all the scummy things he's said in the posts surrounding it. But I suppose that's a semi-plausible theory. Obviously I know that it's not true, since I know that I'm not scum, but you don't know that, and I would probably say the same thing if I were scum.

However, since this line of thinking leads to one more person who thinks OP is scum, I support it.
---
No matter where you go, there you are.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well, I admit it's a stretch, but I don't like the idea of just clearing actions like that. And no, I didn't say I think OP is scum. I said we don't know what he was thinking. Meaning it's possible that he knew it wasn't the hammer. The fact is, we just don't know.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Kmd, I don't think anyone is trying to clear OP's actions. I think, along with most people in the topic judging from what's been posted, that the mistaken hammer is just one of several extremely questionable things that he posted in a very short period of time. I think it makes him look worse, not better. Whether he really thought he was hammering me and was doing so without a strong (or any) conviction of my scummyness, or if he made the mistake and didn't even know when the hammer occured, I think it makes him look pretty bad when combined with his doc claim and other recent posts.

And I didn't say that you thought he was scum. I said your line of thinking leads to that conclusion.
---
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

GnKoichi wrote: And I didn't say that you thought he was scum.
GnKoichi wrote: However, since this line of thinking leads to one more person who thinks OP is scum, I support it.
Then who is the "one person who thinks OP is scum"?
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:41 am

Post by GnKoichi »

It's you, but again thank you for misquoting me by leaving out the sentence that clarifies things. That's the one that came after your first quote:
Me wrote:And I didn't say that you thought he was scum. I said your line of thinking leads to that conclusion.
Hos: Kmd

I'm not going to argue this way with you any more. Before, you just seemed bad at analysis. But this has happened enough times to make me think you might be scum just trying to make me look bad (which is silly, because all along there were GOOD reasons you could have had for voting against me, like others did. You just chose to invent them).
---
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:44 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Come to think of it, let's add Charter and Kmd to the list of Tony and Ani. What do you think about OP's recent posts?
---
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

If you think it's misquoted, it should be easy to answer the question, which you didn't do. The way I see it, you clearly said that you thought that I think OP is scum. In your next post, you say that that's not what you said.

As far as OP, I see him more as floundering town than scum. It's not a strong read, but that's what I see right now. He looks like scumbait (easy target for scum) to me.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:31 am

Post by charter »

Kmd didn't misquote anything, GK changed his story. Again.
GK is still scum, and a fantastic lynch for today.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:53 am

Post by GnKoichi »

You know what, I can understand how seeing "This train of thought will lead you to thinking X" could be read as "You think X", but since that's clearly an interpretation, why would Charter decide to attack me for it? You have to admit, objectively, that I could have meant exactly what I said, and you also have to admit that Kmd left out a sentence when he quoted me, and that said sentence helps to explain my meaning. Finally, Kmd proved his continued lack of reading comprehension when he said I couldn't answer his question, when I did exactly that in the first two words of my post. His question was "Who were you referring to" and I answer "You". I just went on to explain what I meant.

Finally, why take the time to post and not answer my question?
---
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong on this. You don't think that I think OP is scum, but it can be seen that I do?

For clarification, I don't think OP is scum right now.

What question didn't I answer? Or was that directed at Charter?
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:46 am

Post by GnKoichi »

Jesus, Kmd, I know you don't think he's scum! You made an argument that includes OP being scum, then said that it's just a possibility. All I tried to say was that I support conjecture which leads to people thinking of OP as scum.

And the question thing was directed at Charter. It was the same question I asked you, Tony, and Ani, and you answered a few posts ago.
---
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, I can accept that answer. Thanks for the clarification.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Wall-E »

animorpherv1 wrote:From what we've seen here, I say we can all think Wall-E is grabbing at mid air.
Really? Despite my questioning of OP essentially exposing him as either the scummiest town ever or the most hypocritical? Or even (gasp) scum?

Try again, lurkmonster.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Wall-E »

Nameless wrote:
Wall-E wrote:Maybe you can be more specific? Why is it scummy to say this?
Saying that scum don't read the thread and just post whatever is like saying that football players close their eyes and just kick wherever. I'd call you a complete idiot if I actually thought you believed it, but you saying things like that in the context of a serious argument would seem to imply that you're scum BS/craplogic-ing. I'd congratulate you on that being one step up from nonsense posts, but then 637.
Maybe our definitions of "read" are the problem.

When I said "read," I probably should have included the ideas of "analysis, careful, medatative thought and reasoned posting."

People who don't do those things are wasting their time reading the thread. Scum don't need to bother with "reading" the thread because they only need to find some crappy reason to vote someone and fade into the crowd. I hope that's clearer.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Wall-E »

Plum wrote:Quick post here:

1. OP
didn't
make any analysis whatsoever for his vote,
which he thought was the hammer
, because, he says, "I figured, no, I'll just vote, since I figured it was the hammer anyways, and that, since I was the last one, that a full blown case wasn't necessary". He evidently was prepared to hammer GnK on no analysis at all, which begs the question: So, what made you want to hammer him, then? Also, what's with the discrepency between that and
orangepenguin wrote:I think, if I were to hammer, I should've provided quotes to support my reasonings.
:?:

orangepenguin wrote:I really dislike when people try to group people as scum partners when you don't even know if either of t he pair are confirmed scum or not, or what have you.
Fair enough, though I did make it clear that I was pointing out a second instance of dubious interaction between you and Wall-E and that I was and am far from certain that you two are scumbuddies. But what's with
orangepenguin wrote:I didn't really think so at first, but his Wall-E-Charter theory makes enough sense.
orangepenguin wrote:Eh, I think Wall and charter are partners [...]
You don't like scumbuddy speculation when neither of those on which the speculation is focused is confirmed scum? A fair enough position. So, why have you done that this game? Hypocrisy has already been discussed and the conclusion is that it's at least not town-helpful, if not in and of itself scummy. So?
Thanks for being the only person to PICK UP my momentum rather than stabbing at it in a lame attempt to look industrious.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Wall-E »

charter wrote:GK is still scum, and a fantastic lynch for today.
Why?

Be very specific and succinct, please. A citation wouldn't hurt. I think attacking him now that he's backed off would normally be a great idea, but in this case he went WAY overboard and it was a HUGE town tell, imo.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Wall-E »

orangepenguin wrote:There was never an analysis. It never did take form. I was about to start one though, or at least wanted to make one, but I figured, no, I'll just vote, since I figured it was the hammer anyways, and that, since I was the last one, that a full blown case wasn't necessary. My math was off. I wasn't the hammer. A case would've been good, especially "an elaborate one supported by quotes and reasoned arguments". If I had one, even half of one, I would've posted it. (if I had started though, I would've finished)
How... convenient. You'll excuse me if I assume the worst in you (as I always do of everyone). Do you remember what specifically led you to believe your "hammer" was justified?
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Nameless »

Wall-E, if you're replying to multiple people could please copy everything into ONE post instead of FIVE. :roll:
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Wall-E wrote:
Why?

Be very specific and succinct, please. A citation wouldn't hurt. I think attacking him now that he's backed off would normally be a great idea, but in this case he went WAY overboard and it was a HUGE town tell, imo.
I agree. Something is weird. Maybe it's just me, or the kmd- Gnk thing, but tsomething's not right.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Wall-E »

animorpherv1: are you lurking or reading or what?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by charter »

GnKoichi wrote:Come to think of it, let's add Charter and Kmd to the list of Tony and Ani. What do you think about OP's recent posts?
Sorry, for some reason I didn't realize this was directed towards me. I'm definately not impressed by them, and he did literally the exact same thing in another game I was in with him, so it isn't really a scum tell to me, and certainly not enough to put him over you or even animorph.
Wall-E wrote:
Why?

For his pushing terrible cases and his ties to animorph, who I would wager is scum as well.
animorpherv1 wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
Why?

I agree. Something is weird. Maybe it's just me, or the kmd- Gnk thing, but tsomething's not right.
Yeah, I don't think animorph has said anything except stating his suspicion of me (of which he's done a subpar job of) or questioning me when I say GK is scum. He never did it when I said anyone else was scum, or said Wall-E was town, just when I say GK is scum.
GnKoichi
GnKoichi
Goon
GnKoichi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by GnKoichi »

Thanks to Charter for the reply. I don't buy it personally. I think basing your opinions on what has happened in other games just doesn't fly in my mind, but if that's how you think, there's no point in arguing.

Ani, same question. Why post and ignore the question that I've asked twice now? What, specifically, do you think about OP's recent behaviour? I'd rather vote out him than you, but that line is wearing thin.
---
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by Stef »

Unvote
Vote: animorph

All you have did is avoided questions, posted crap and managed to elude the lynch table thus far. I am not accepting it.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by Stef »

EBWOP: Done*
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”