Micro 1080: Brass and Shrapnel - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 615, Skygazer wrote: Do we think last scum was on the kitty wagon? I'm feelin like that's where I wanna look.

I'm not sure if I buy Drew but I'm not sure if they claim shooting as scum aaa ig theres not much to lose from fakeclaiming tho
I've mulled it over and I don't see a clear advantage to fakeclaiming or not fakeclaiming. If you claim the shot as scum, you prevent anyone from being confirmed vigi with bullets, but nobody's confirmed anyway because we don't actually know what Jason did. Even if you don't claim it, though, it only matters for one day because you just RB the vig or heal yourself and kill them.
In post 621, Something_Smart wrote: Also I think that between Drew and Sky's claims, Drew's is more suspect because he may have been hoping that Jason was the one who shot GS.

Both are probably +town though because they risk angering a live vig.
If Jason did shoot GS (and Sky didn't claim that), there's the question of "why'd the scum leave you alive?" the next day. It's pretty suspect if someone who's both "confirmed town" or close to it and has bullets lives.
I can
maybe
see that as a plan if you don't think there will be a next day.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Alianna »

I find both Doc and Sky's reasons for the shot to be pretty plausible though.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by Alianna »

I have an idea that I think could win us the game, but it depends on how much we trust the claims and how much we're willing to gamble. Not going to explain anything yet, though. I still have to read some stuff and I might decide it's a terrible idea.
I townread Alianna.

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: Alianna
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat May 27, 2023 7:54 pm

Post by Alianna »

I'm happy with Sky and S_S town but not so sure about Doc.
Like, he was pushing Merlyn and GS yesterday but only ever voted Merlyn in that pair, and then started a wagon on Kitty.
Merlyn and T3 are in my PoE too though.
I townread Alianna.

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 629, Alianna wrote: I'm happy with Sky and S_S town but not so sure about Doc.
Like, he was pushing Merlyn and GS yesterday but only ever voted Merlyn in that pair, and then started a wagon on Kitty.
Merlyn and T3 are in my PoE too though.
I was pretty adamant about how Merlyn and BianMo could be buddies.

And now feel a little more strongly about that as well.

Speaking of, VOTE: Merlyn
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Hot damn I suck at finding associatives. I got town vibes from Merlyn and also I'm not sure if they ask the mod to prod GS if they're scum together. Uhh Something_Smart seems town here. I'll trust other people that drew would be less likely to fakeclaim that vig shot, but I don't like Drew's iso after the GS flip to be honest. I could see T3 or Alianna but I don't feel that strongly about either and I think it's fairly likely I'm wrong on a townread...

Reads list will come after a reread and hopefully I can get a better handle on this!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Suspicious of Drew just accepting I shot scum after my horrendous reads in schadd_'s large normal!!!

(/s)
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 631, Skygazer wrote: Hot damn I suck at finding associatives. I got town vibes from Merlyn and also
I'm not sure if they ask the mod to prod GS if they're scum together
. Uhh Something_Smart seems town here. I'll trust other people that drew would be less likely to fakeclaim that vig shot, but I don't like Drew's iso after the GS flip to be honest. I could see T3 or Alianna but I don't feel that strongly about either and I think it's fairly likely I'm wrong on a townread...

Reads list will come after a reread and hopefully I can get a better handle on this!
What's the reasoning for this? I don't remember the context but wouldn't scum want their buddy to show up and post?
I townread Alianna.

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 633, Alianna wrote:
In post 631, Skygazer wrote:
What's the reasoning for this? I don't remember the context but wouldn't scum want their buddy to show up and post?
Ya but I feel in that instance scum would PM the mod? Like I'm thinking scum would be averse to the idea of asking their partner to be prodded out in the open for some reason. Kind of a moon logic read I admit
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 634, Skygazer wrote:
In post 633, Alianna wrote:
In post 631, Skygazer wrote:
Ya but I feel in that instance scum would PM the mod? Like I'm thinking scum would be averse to the idea of asking their partner to be prodded out in the open for some reason. Kind of a moon logic read I admit
I don't know if I agree with it, but I understand the moon logic.
I townread Alianna.

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:02 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 632, Skygazer wrote: Suspicious of Drew just accepting I shot scum after my horrendous reads in schadd_'s large normal!!!

(/s)
Lol, a broken clock is right twice a day.

And I know you are least somewhat competent at Mafia.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 636, Doctor Drew wrote:And I know you are least somewhat competent at Mafia.
*lie detected*
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Ya I'll give this a reread tomorrow as I'll have the day off!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by Merlyn »

So, I don't buy it.

Here's a list of Drew's thoughts on me, GS, and occasionally others he says he finds scummy. The TLDR is that it's Merlyn, Merlyn, Merlyn all the way down and shooting GS and not me makes no sense for Drew.

Drew has early beef with Mo, but seems to absolve GS by here:
Spoiler: Drew Post
In post 197, Doctor Drew wrote: I will say, this Mo comes off a bit different then the scumMo I remember.

I would like to hear more from Bianco though.....this hydra is a bit Jekyll and Hyde lol.

Also, RE: Merlyn......did strike me a little odd that she backed down so easily, but she still is fairly new and I don't remember her being the super aggressively tunnely type as well, I would have found it even more odd if kept pushing the issue, if that makes sense.

It also turns out to be the same post they voice concerns about my play. So,
Merlyn Post 1.

Nothing about GS, then this:
Spoiler: Drew quote
In post 239, Doctor Drew wrote: Thank you something smart, this post definitely was....uh, something smart(I will show myself out).

There was something about Merlyns post that made me feel a certain way, but couldn't put my finger on it. But 'motivated reasoning' is kind of what I was thinking. Like she found one little thing she could push as scum, and now is trying to build a case by any means necessary.

And I didn't check, but has she still not voted them despite this?

Which is really funny when you think about it, because Smart comes back and says, that’s not what I was saying, and Drew is like: oh! I still think it anyway!

In post 241, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 240, Something_Smart wrote: It is worth clarifying, since you may have misunderstood-- I am not saying Merlyn was using motivated reasoning. I'm saying Merlyn was accusing GMo of using motivated reasoning, in essence asking him "did you make stuff up to support your argument?" Which is a pointless question, because nobody would ever answer "yes" to that.
Ooh gotcha, yes I misread that.

Point still stands about Merlyn.

Merlyn Posts Two and Three

This is where Drew first floats the idea that GS and I are scumbuddies:
In post 251, Doctor Drew wrote: Am I crazy to think this could actually be SvS?

Have a little spat, and then when questioned by someone or someones outside the spat, start to downplay it.

Okay,
So GS Post One, Merlyn Post Four

Drew says he’ll keep his vote on Alianna despite this, so I guess she’s lower in the readlist, though he adds:
Spoiler: Drew
]
In post 303, Doctor Drew wrote: And admittedly, I kinda wanna vote Merlyn......but it pains me to do so.

Merlyn Post Five

Here’s where he switches his vote- not to GS, but to me:
In post 327, Doctor Drew wrote: UNVOTE:
In post 323, GrandpaSpino wrote: I know I was harsh on you earlier, and I apologize for that. I will admit I did have confirmation bias, but I do still think you are the vote for today.

I am trying to figure out who your possible partner could be if you're scum.

I want to explore this for right now.

VOTE: KittyTacky
Well this supports my SvS theory for Merlyn/BianMo.

VOTE: Merlyn

Back at E-2 you go.

GS Post Two, Merlyn Post Six

This parts interesting, Drew maybe kind of catches GS in a slip:

In post 333, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 331, GrandpaSpino wrote:
In post 328, Merlyn wrote: I'm gonna make this clear- when you turn out to be wrong, that's on you. It's not because of me or me being new or me 'sounding disingenuous'.
That's how being wrong works, yeah. Somehow I'm less concerned about the eventuality of being shamed for having misinterpreted you as scummy than about the fact I think you are scummy.
~b
This was interesting wording Bianco.
'the eventuality of being shamed for having misinterpreted you as scummy'

But it can only be a slip if GS is scum and I’m town. Anyway,
GS Post Three

Drew then moves his vote off of me, and declares intention to sheep Jason. When Jason wonders why Drew would sheep him, Drew says:
In post 338, Doctor Drew wrote: When I lack confidence in a couple reads, especially in two other players in that same game, I would defer to the strongest player imo

That’s me and Alianna he’s talking about. So, he no longer has confidence in his scum read on me at this point. He confirms his plan here to GS:
In post 362, Doctor Drew wrote: Lol I get it.

I will admit while I think there is a strong possibility you and Merlyn is SvS, I also hate to go full usesPython and just tunnel you two, I get I could be wrong. I think Jason is a strong player, and sometimes I like to sheep those types to see where it goes.

And now Sky has promised activity, so let's see how this all plays out.

GS Post Four, Merlyn Post Seven:

I got a patented Yellow M&M for my vote next, and then in the post after,
In post 373, Doctor Drew wrote: I actually can get behind a wagon on some lurkers.

I am curious to hear from T3 about my response to their question.

I still want to hear from Sky's drunken thoughts, that is speaking my language.

KT just needs to be more active, point blank.

Alianna, if it wasn't for Merlyn voting her I could see me pushing her again.

So Drew is implicitly stating that I’m still his top scumread, despite his whole ‘lack of confidence’ and sheeping Jason thing. It’s also weird now that I think about it. Scum vote each other, it shouldn’t affect how a town player votes. Drew’s whole argument against me at this point highlights this point exactly- GS was voting me and he thought it was bussing. Why would sussing me stop him from pushing if he thinks he should?
Merlyn Post Eight and Nine

Next, Drew makes it as clear as he can that I’m the big scumread for him, and not GS:
In post 403, Doctor Drew wrote: Yes, I find Merlyn scummy, I have a hunch her spat with you is SvS, but you don't strike me as scummy as you were when I knew you were scum. Not sure why I can't have all three thoughts going on in my head.

This is why I haven't really considered voting for you, but am perfectly fine with Merlyn being the lim, and then if she is scum it would kinda shape my thoughts process a bit more.
He has not considered voting for GS. He needs to know my alignment first. (GS Post Five, Merlyn Post Ten)

407, it’s definitely me he suspects:

In post 407, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 406, KittyTacky wrote: Though it kinda depends on Merlyn flip.
You think T3 and Merlyn are connected?
Merlyn Post Eleven

Here’s where Alianna points out that GS putting me at E-1 is a lot bolder than them backing off me at E-2. and wonders if Drew thinks this damages his SvS theory…surprise! It doesn’t, because GS is some kind of scum mastermind focused on mindfucking Drew:

In post 418, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 417, Alianna wrote: Doc, I don't recall if you ever commented on this, but how does bianco's E-1 vote on Merlyn () fit into your S/S theory?
This may sound a bit nutty, but I could see Bianco wanting to play some chess with me in particular.

That being said, is Merlyn still at E-1?
GS Post Six

I wasn’t, so he voted me.
Merlyn Post Twelve.

His next post is a reply to Jason is in response to Jason saying he find me town and wonders why there’s not as much focus on Sky:
In post 427, Doctor Drew wrote: I get if you think Sky is scum.

But why so defensive of Merlyn?

There is a world where they are scum together, right?

So now Sky and I might be partners. I am the only constant here, not GS.
Merlyn Post Thirteen

In post 433, Doctor Drew wrote: Lol.

I literally only feel Merlyn is the obv scum here.......then possibly Sky and BianMo.

Why not pair me up with Merlyn or Alianna? We have been very upfront about enjoying playing game with each other.
Drew thinks I am the only obv scum. GS is third in this list. Merlyn Post Fourteen.

But not for long! He has suddenly found a reason to vote Kitty, saying they’re ‘lining up lim’, and goes so far to say that:
In post 448, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Kitty

Little over a day until deadline.

I feel better about this than Merlyn and Sky.
Not, I’ll compromise on Kitty. Drew has gone from me as the only obvious scum, then Sky, then GS, to feeling better about Kitty being the lim in mere posts.
In post 487, Doctor Drew wrote: I prefer Kitty, but would do a Sky elim.

Sky and Kitty are now ahead of me, the ‘obvious scum’.

But I’m still on his mind!
]
In post 490, Doctor Drew wrote: I will say I do find it weird that everyone just moved away from Merlyn.

Not sure what to make of that.
Merlyn Post Fifteen

He reiterates to GS of all people:
In post 504, Doctor Drew wrote: Only one of us here is hesistant to vote Merlyn, and it isn't me.

Merlyn Post Sixteen

And that’s D1.

Anyone, tell me, after reading that, how is it possible that Vig!Drew shoots anyone but me? 16 Merlyn posts about how I’m scum to GS’s six. Damming posts about how it’s me first and not GS. There’s no way. He busted out here D2 and claimed without provocation, then wriggled a bit when questioned on why before saying he was just so excited he had to share. I think when things went sideways for GS Drew began to set up a plan to set someone else up as a potential partner for a D2 lim, and I was a good candidate. He can’t be vig and have shot GS, it goes against his whole game. VOTE: Doctor Drew
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Merlyn is sooo townie here fyi that post killed my remaining doubts. Mindmelding on the Drew stuff because I don't remember seeing much of anything about GS in his iso and was surprised he said he shot there. Drew's doesn't align with my memory of his iso but I was planning on checking that tomorrow.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

*Stands up and claps*

Bravo Merlyn, I will admit.....you are always on my mind lol.

But, KT flips town......I go back to you and BianMo overnight, between the both of you BianMo is going to be more of a headache to figure out, I choose to off them in hopes of best case I am correct and hit scum and see how it plays out with Merlyn.......

And now you are putting a LOT of effort to discredit everything about my life lol. I don't even have the effort to go through every detail(maybe later when I am drunker and on my laptop).

But counting how many times I mention how scummy a person is, especially with players such as Bianco and GMo, is not gonna help your case.

Sometimes you have to make sure your enemy has a bit of trust in you.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 640, Skygazer wrote: Merlyn is sooo townie here fyi that post killed my remaining doubts. Mindmelding on the Drew stuff because I don't remember seeing much of anything about GS in his iso and was surprised he said he shot there. Drew's doesn't align with my memory of his iso but I was planning on checking that tomorrow.
Sky, a clock can't be right three times.

BianMo tried to discredit me from the jump, no benefit in engaging too much with them.... instead engage with their probable partner.

Yes I swayed, there wasn't anything obv scum to push, just vibes.

But became more obvious after the KT flip.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Not to mention Merlyn could have saved her fingers and just voted me without the novela if she was gonna OMGUS.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 641, Doctor Drew wrote: *Stands up and claps*

But, KT flips town......I go back to you and BianMo overnight, between the both of you BianMo is going to be more of a headache to figure out, I choose to off them in hopes of best case I am correct and hit scum and see how it plays out with Merlyn.......

And now you are putting a LOT of effort to discredit everything about my life lol. I don't even have the effort to go through every detail(maybe later when I am drunker and on my laptop).

But counting how many times I mention how scummy a person is, especially with players such as Bianco and GMo, is not gonna help your case.

Willie Nelson, my friend, this is pretty much the only defense you can give- I made decisions overnight, so you couldn't see them. This is TOO MUCH EFFORT you've put in, I don't have that kind of effort and not that I can't defend against it.

But counting mention would have been a much smaller post. This is about progression of reads, and how yours don't match up to supposed actions.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 643, Doctor Drew wrote: Not to mention Merlyn could have saved her fingers and just voted me without the novela if she was gonna OMGUS.
Agreed, an OMGUS wouldn't need work, but reading over your posts to see if you were being inconsistent did.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 644, Merlyn wrote:
In post 641, Doctor Drew wrote: *Stands up and claps*

Willie Nelson, my friend, this is pretty much the only defense you can give- I made decisions overnight, so you couldn't see them. This is TOO MUCH EFFORT you've put in, I don't have that kind of effort and not that I can't defend against it.

But counting mention would have been a much smaller post. This is about progression of reads, and how yours don't match up to supposed actions.
You sound exactly like Jason in the newbie game.

You know, when he was scum.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 645, Merlyn wrote:
In post 643, Doctor Drew wrote: Not to mention Merlyn could have saved her fingers and just voted me without the novela if she was gonna OMGUS.
Agreed, an OMGUS wouldn't need work, but reading over your posts to see if you were being inconsistent did.
Also, you played a game with me when I was very wild an all over the place.....as town.

So why does that make me scum now?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Oh, interesting, how so?
In post 646, Doctor Drew wrote: You sound exactly like Jason in the newbie game.

You know, when he was scum.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 647, Doctor Drew wrote: Also, you played a game with me when I was very wild an all over the place.....as town.

So why does that make me scum now?
I haven't seen a completed scum game with you, are you very different and easy to tell apart?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”